Other Refrigerators:

Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator

Pros

Cons

Average refrigerator looks sleek and holds a large capacity food

I initially was drawn to this style because I was in love with the unique design. I was tired of the standard classic look as well as the double doors that also seem to have been around forever. The water dispenser is quite handy ad the water is always refreshing and cold. The drawers and egg holders are organized in a creative fashion and helps with keeping the refrigerator looking neat.
The lower freezer portion seems quite handy at first but, after using it over the years I have defiantly noticed it is hard to open and close sometimes it sticks if you over fill the baskets. This is a great refrigerator if you don't store a lot of heavy frozen foods. The inner doors are excellent for holding a large capacity of items like juices milk or condiments. The freezer does require bending this puts some pressure on your lower back especially if you are having to search for something. This can be a little uncomfortable. I guess you can't have everything perfect but, this model does allow for a lot of space and a unique style. It is a efficient sleek long lasting refrigerator that my family has enjoyed for many years.

Very unique and allows for a lot of food space

A nice large capacity refrigerator, but could be better built.

We purchased this refrigerator 1 1/2 years ago. I was replacing a french door refrigerator which I liked the style of, but I wanted a freezer on the bottom. This appeared to be a good option. It is roomy inside, and I like all of the organizational drawers inside. We were still able to have ice and water on the door, without losing interior shelf space on that door because of the slim line water and ice maker. I kind of like the chime it makes if you leave the doors open, because sometimes they don't swing shut when you give them a small push, and that lets you know you left it open.

As for the cons of this fridge, the main problem we have had with this fridge is it is not very sturdy. The first one they delivered got banged up bringing it up the stairs. Which in large part was due to the carelessness of the delivery people. The 2nd one they brought made it up the stairs ok, but a week later we had a ding on one of the doors from barely even hitting it. This has happened several more times, I don't think the outer door construction is very sturdy. The next thing to have an issue is the ice maker. It frequently clogs up with ice, so you have to open the panel and free it up. Which in turn finally made the latch on the panel give out. It does latch but not nice and tight with a snap like it used to. The most recent thing that happened was I banged one of the interior shelves on the door with a bottle of orange juice and the shelf broke off. We were able to snap it most of the way back in so we can use it, but it has 2 cracks in it now where it attaches. We have never had a fridge that could not stand up to normal day to day use like this! And it is only 1 1/2 years old! Our last fridge lasted over 10 years, and was still going strong when we got rid of it because I wanted this new style.

Overall, I like this fridge because it is roomy and easy to store and find things in, but they really did not do a good job as far as making it very sturdy. Next time I will be buying a different brand, I feel that Kenmore is not quite as good as it used to be.

Interior Organization
Lots of space inside, I especially love the wide, flat drawer for deli items.

Neat refridgerator

from Winter Springs, FL

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

Works well. I like the space the fridge allows. The only reason for not giving it a 10 is the ice seems to clump up in the ice bin. I am frequently needing to separate the ice for it to come out.

Noise Level
I do hear it operate and thought it might be quieter

Interior Organization
Love the moveable shelves and storage in the doors

Temperature Control
Easy to control on the front of the fridge

shelves wipe off nicely

so far no problems

works like a charm.

A Beautiful Refrigerator

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

A great refrigerator with a great design. Will make your kitchen complete and keep all your food fresh and tasty.

Noise Level
This is a very quiet refrigerator. You won't even know that it's on.

Interior Organization
This refrigerator has a great interior organization. You can fit all your foods from large to small inside. The shelves and compartments are all sized well for whatever you need to refrigerate.

Temperature Control
It's so very easy to control the temperature. You will get the hang of changing temperatures so easily.

A wet sponge or paper towel is all you need to clean up spills. The material used inside doesn't stain at all.

Very good durability. I've banged things into the door many times and haven't created any dents. I've also dropped things on the inside and haven't broken or even left a scratch on any parts. So this is a very durable refrigerator for a family that has kids.

Beautiful design. It looks so good in my kitchen and I get lots of compliments.

Average refrigerator looks sleek and holds a large capacity food

Very unique and allows for a lot of food space

• Temperature Control:

A refrigerator worth the money.

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

I did not give this item a ten because I have only had two refrigerators in my life so there is a limited amount of comparison I can do.. However my first refrigerator broke down I began to research a new fridge. My only requirements were that it have a water and ice dispenser and large ice holder. I looked at all the main brands for these features and price. Eventually I decided on a French door model because it had my features and a good freezer. Once I discovered the Kenmore Elite Trio model my mind was made up. Access to ice in the freezer is convenient. The freezer holds a good amount of food on two sides. The refrigerator interior is roomy with moveable shelves. Two nice features are an egg basket and a wine holder that will accomadate a 1.75 bottle. The next decision to make was about the price. At first the price seemed steep. However once I compared the features to refrigerators that were lower priced I was not satisfied that I was getting the best product.

• Temperature Control:

this is the beat fridge in history of fridges!!

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

After researching and researching refridgerators, I finally made the beat decision in purchasing appliances I have ever made!! This fridge has everything I was looking for in regards to space and shelving. I love the fact it has a pull out freezer on the bottom as well ad the side by side fridge doors above the freezer. I am finally able to simply organize my groceries and everything fits without having to topple food items i purchased. I will always stick with this brand because I have always been satisfied as a customer with prices and product.

Excellent product

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

Would definitely recommend, very functional, many different features, good temperature comtrol.

Noise Level
Hardly know it is running. Ice maker very quiet too.

Interior Organization
Many different options of organizing bins and shelves, depending on your individual needs.

Great, easy

Easy to wipe down individual shelves. If you are taking shelves out some times a little tricky to get back in.

Not had it long enough to judge.

Very nice, stainless steel

• Temperature Control:

The Kenmore is better than more.

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

I just got rid of an almost new Fridgidaire Refrigerator because the company wouldn't stand behind their product's ice maker. So I decided to go with a Kenmore (after doing my research - Consumer Reports, etc). And, after 2 weeks experience, the machine works well ... however, it's noisy during the ice making process. That's not so bad except for that unexplained mechanical noise at the end of the process (when the fan motor sounds like it's clicking off). I don't think that's supposed to happen ... and it was the fan motor that was the issue with the one I just sent to the garage. So that's the reason I can't yet say 5 stars.

Love it!

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

This is the best fridge I have ever used! I love how the freezer is at the bottom. My little cousin can now reach for the things he wants and doesn't need to ask for help. Thank you for making this product so easy for little kids to use! I just love this fridge.

Gret Fridge!

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

It is a great Fridge! Plenty of room, love how the door is on the bottom for the freezer. Things stay organized! My daughters no longer hae to worry about things falling on their head when they open the freezer. This overall is a great buy. No more shoving thisgs trying to make them fit.

• Temperature Control:

Loved it when we first got it. Now, Not so much.

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

I have had quite a few problems with the ice maker. It only makes ice when it feels like it. When we got it, It was wonderful. Also have had a few problems with the drawer freezer. Quite a few times it has frozen itself shut. Due to the air that's supposed to be going into the fridge going into the freezer as well.
The temperature also used to change itself.

Noise Level
Its pretty quite, Considering. Although when the bottom freezer froze over it did make a rumble. Even the ice maker isn't that loud.

Interior Organization
I like the way its set up inside. You can move the shelves around as you please. The Veggie drawer slides okay. It also is some work taking the shelves and drawers out for cleaning.

Temperature Control
Its broken on me once. but other than that not too bad. Its pretty easy to operate. And it lights up for you at night so you can see what your pressing.

I find it hard to clean. You have to take out the food. Than you take out all the drawers and shelves which isn't to easy because you have to wiggle them around often to get them loose. If you don't mind doing the cleaning than its not too bad.

I have had it for over 4 years. It didn't start acting strange until about 2 years. Where the ice maker started to work only occasionally, and the bottom freezer froze. Since then its only frozen twice. Now it works just fine. No issues currently. Although I do plan on getting a new fridge soon anyways. I think this one probably would have lasted me a good 3 more years.

I think its a great model. I might not have had the best luck with this guy like some people have. I like the idea. Its very modern. But its just not "The fridge" for me.