Other Dishwashers:

Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

Love my Whirlpool, Dishes always come out clean.

Love my whirle pool, my husband and son tend to just put their dishes in without rinsing first. In past I would unload the dishwasher and have to hand wash a lot of the dishes that did not come clean. Since we purchased our Whirlpool I no longer have to worry. Everything comes out clean and spotless. I also like the finish on the outside, it cleans up very easy.  The silverware basket is especially handy as you can place larger items in one of the four compartments or you can place each piece in a slot of it's own. This prevents the silverware from spooning and not coming clean. The bottom has adjustable racks that can be laid down. When placing large stock pots in this helps the items to fit in more easily. The top of the dishwasher also has different heights available for items. If using taller stem ware I can place it to the side with more room and not worry about the glasses catching and breaking. Also nice for vases.

Great but not amazing.

I am not sure where to begin. I used this product a couple of years ago and was generally satisfied. However, i decided to dump after i was spending way too much on detergents and the clanking of the dishes got too much. My new model is much quieter, but isn't very spacious. If you would want a good washer, this is good but look for other ones also don't limit your search to just this site also. I won't waste your time by listing off a lot of pros and cons but there are more pros than cons. I loved the small fit and it fit perfectly into a liitle corner in my house, however your house may have a bigger place for a washer. I loved the quick and easy placement. However as i said it is loud. The other day at my friends house we couldn't hear one of the kids calling for us because of the loud clanking so she is not using it anymore. But if you have no kids or you aren't home for the washing, then definitely get this washer!!

Soooooooo quiet.

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

I am thrilled with how quiet this dishwasher is. It does take a long time to wash the dishes and if you don't load the dishes well it leaves food on them. I also do not like the silverware basket placement in the door. While it seems like it helps because it doesn't take up rack space, the silverware does not get clean. I do like the silver ware basket feature where the front comes down, but not the feature of the top piece, I have silver ware that fits. I also like the feature where the bottom rack can be moved to make the spaces closer or farther apart for large bowls or more dishes.

virtually silent.

Cleaning Time
It takes a long time but I am assuming it is because it is an energy saver and uses less water but over a longer period of time

Loading Flexibility
I like the ability to change the rack configuration a bit, I do not like the feature for the silver ware, it is a bad design and the silver ware does not get clean. I had to move the silver ware basket to the rack area and have lost space for dishes.

As long as you load it correctly, a small error can lead to many dirty dishes.

It is a completely smooth front with the control buttons on the top hidden, I like the sleek look and it is easy to wipe clean, but you must clean it with a window or stainless cleaner.

So far so good, no foreseeable problems.

A very quiet dishwasher

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

I was disappointed when we moved into our new home and the new dishwasher wasn't an LG. I think their appliances are very quiet. I was thrilled the first time I used my new Whirlpool dishwasher because it is so quiet. Actually, I was confused at first because I thought it wasn't working. You have to be standing right next to it to hear even the faintest hum.
The silverware basket is on the door, which makes loading some larger utensils, like spatulas and ice cream scoopers a challenge. I just toss them on the top rack, and everything works fine. My dishes are reliably clean, and I am able to skip the heated drying cycle, which I like.
The capacity of the dishwasher is great, too. It will hold two days of dishes for a family of four, if you are inclined to wait that long.

Noise Level
Very, very quiet. You can hear a faint hum if you are standing next to the machine. No more dinosaurs fighting in the kitchen after dinner. Hooray!

Cleaning Time
Cleaning cycle takes about an hour.

Loading Flexibility
There is a lot of space in the washer, and the racks are spaced out nicely.

All of my dishes come clean with minimal preparation.

The stainless steel front is a very clean look in my kitchen.

We've had this dishwasher for almost a year, and it still looks great. I wipe it down with stainless steel cleaner every week, unless it gets really messy.

Cleans well.

from Pocatello, ID

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

We had to replace most of our appliances in our home when we purchased it. The dishwasher was the first that we replaced. Our old dishwasher (about 15 years old) got dishes dirtier rather than clean. This dishwasher has worked great. We had to use the free maintenance on it a couple of times however. There was a leak in the door which we had to get fixed, but it was under the 1 year warranty, so we didn’t end up paying anything for it. It was a quiet dishwasher the first 2 years, but its now starting to make more noises as it gets older. I like that the bottom rack is all open and you don’t have to put your dishes in specific spots. The fact that the silverware container can be either in the door or on the rack is also a very nice feature.

• Loading Flexibility:

Awesome Dishwasher! Great Energy-Saving Features!

from Eagle Mountain, UT

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

I love this dishwasher. It's quiet and cleans our dishes well. It has an "Eco" setting for both washing and drying that saves energy and saves us money. I love that the buttons are hidden along the top inside edge of the door, because it keeps my little one from messing with them. Overall just an awesome dishwasher and I'm glad we bought it!

Great Quality!

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

This is the dishwasher that my mother uses at her house. When I visit, I always volunteer to do the dishes now that she upgraded to this thing. The sound is very quiet, but the most important of all it gets dishes extremely clean. The only problem is that it leaves behind some white residue on glasses, but I believe that it's from the hard water my mother has in her area. Cleaning time is very quick. It fits large loads, and its relatively small compared to others.

• Loading Flexibility:

Great clean, not super user-friendly.

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher came installed in our new house. It cleans really well, but is not super user-friendly. You have to push the start button twice, and it's difficult to tell if it's done running, so sometimes someone will inadvertantly open it while running which stops the whole process. I would have gone "Very Good" if it had better display lights.

Noise Level
Almost too good--can't really tell when it's done!

Cleaning Time
I've never actually timed it--seems like maybe it takes a bit long, but dishes are super clean.

Loading Flexibility
I LOVE the totally open top and bottom--perfect for larger pots / pans.

• Loading Flexibility:

Bargain for the price! Performs great!

from Charlottesville, VA

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

We love this dishwasher! It's at a bargain price, and it cleans wonderfully. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't seem to clean as well if you use liquid cleaning solution, rather than the pods they suggest. Also, we ran out of rinse agent once, and it's performance declined a great deal. They do mention you need to use the pods, and the rinse agent in the manual, so I guess that's fair enough.

Noise Level
I've been told some are quieter, but honestly it's incredibly quiet in my book.

Cleaning Time
Because it's Energy Star, it' takes 2-3 hours, so that's not great, but it's worth it for the energy savings.

We've had it for four months, so I can only vouch for that, but we are happy!

• Loading Flexibility:

Whirlpool gold Dishwasher in white- "as good as gold!!!"

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

We have had the Whirlpool gold Dishwasher in white, now for 6 months, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. It IS as good as gold, because it has actually made my life a whole lot easier. It gets the dishes clean, without having to scrub them first.Which is what we had to do with the old one. It is so quiet, that i asked my daughter three times, "are you sure you started the dishwasher?"  It is a little more pricey but It is a good investment. I know I can count on the brand also. Whirlpool has definitely made a name for themselves. I know that we have saved money too, because the Whirlpool gold Dishwasher in white always gets the job done right the first time. I have told my sister and best friend about it, and my sister already has one, and my best friend is getting hers with her bonus check next month!!! So I really recommend this to all the busy families . Buy the best. I sure did. You will be glad you did.

The Whirlpool Dishwasher Cleans Well But is Loud

from Denton, TX

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

Whirlpool Gold 24" Tall Tub Built-in Dishwasher in Black GU2475XTVB gets the job done but not quietly! We have to turn on the dish washer when we leave the house or at night when we go to bed because it is close to our living room and prevents us from hearing the television if we have it on while we are in the living area. This diswasher was included in our house when we built it so it is a very affordable dishwasher and the dishes always come out clean. Even when dishes sit for awhile inside the Whirlpool dishwasher without being rinsed first, everything comes out clean and spotless. The outside of this 24" built-in cleans up very easily as well. I wish it were a little larger but you can still get quite a few dishes in it and I also like the basket for silverware.

whirlpool is the way.

from King, NC

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

I know I'm not the only one who HATES washing dishes. And until a couple years ago, it felt like that was the only thing I did everyday, all the time. Finally, I begged and asked over and over again, to PLEASE get a dishwasher. My family finally caved in and we went shopping that very day. We looked for a few hours, different stores all over town and everyone always said 'whirlpool would be the one I got.' Seeing as it seemed every had one and loved it, we took interest in it. And we got it two hours later. It has just enough space to put all the dishes we use, and I turn it on right before I go to bed so when I wake up, clean dishes! it's amazing. I'm still loving it! I havne't had one problem with it!