Other Dishwashers:

Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

I love my Whirlpool Dishwasher.

I recently moved into a new home with a new Whirlpool dishwasher.  It is very easy to load, use and it is very quiet. Since the kitchen is next to the family room, quiet is essential.  It does an awesome job cleaning the dishes.  I rarely rinse the dishes, just stick them in the dishwasher and they come out clean everytime, even the pots and pans.  I wholeheartedly recommend Whirlpool dishwashers.

Energy efficient, clean dishes with a sleek look.

I love my dishwasher. Unfortunately I must say something bad about it. UGGHH We have a well. The dishes still got cleaned, it did everything it said it would but due to the well it left a funky lingering smell. I gave it to my mom (who lives it the city) and she has no problems. I have lived with my well forever and with the dishwasher for a month. I believe this wasnt made for country living.

This was a Great Purchase! Excellent Product! Beautiful!

from Palm Springs, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

This is a fantastic dishwasher. Cleans so well, Everything comes out so nice and clean! Isn't noisy like my old dishwasher. I really love the looks and the great job it does cleaning. I love this dishwasher!

Noise Level
Makes hardly any noise at all!

Cleaning Time
I like that this dishwasher doesn't take a hour to go through the cleaning cycle like my last dishwasher. Different settings for light to heavy loads. Cleans quickly, and everything sparkles.

Loading Flexibility
Easy to load...So much space for all my glassware on the top shelf. I love how I can adjust the shelf so easily to fit my longer glasses on top or my bigger pans and plats on the bottom. Washes all my crystal so clean and no breaking! Bottom shelf is big enough for my largest casserole dishes and pots and pans! Love the storage for the silverware!

This dishwasher performs fantastically. I am so happy with that I made this purchase! It works so well, hardly any noise at all. It cleans all the dishes on top and bottom. I don't have to rinse the dishes thoroughly before loading it, which is very time saving. Love the different features.

This dishwasher looks so pretty in my kitchen! I Love the sleek design. The surface is easily cleaned. No ugly fingerprints! It matches up with my other new whirlpool appliances.

So far so good...works perfectly! I picked this brand because of it's lasting durability. It is replacing another Whirlpool dishwasher, that was still working, I just redesigned my kitchen with all stainless steel appliances.

• Loading Flexibility:

The utensil rack is poorly designed. Great otherwise.

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

We bought this Whirlpool Quiet Partner II because it was one of the least expensive dishwashers with a stainless steel front and it was manufactured by a reliable name brand. We have owned it for 5 years now and are very please. It its fairly quiet. The cycles are long though, a little over an hour for a normal wash. All of our glasses and dishes come out clean. I like that you can opt to have the dry cycle turned off to save energy, and let your dishes air-dry.

I do not like the design of the silverware rack. It can attach either to the door of the dishwasher or the front of the bottom basket. Either way, it ends up flat up against the door. I like the idea of a long narrow basket because it saves space for more dishes, but it simply does not hold many pieces at all in addition to keeping them close together and difficult to be cleaned. We have to vigorously pre-scrub all the utensils before putting them in the dishwasher.

The stainless steel front is very easy to keep clean with a simple orange oil spray and soft cloth. All the racks and other components seem very durable and sturdy.

Durable and reliable dishwasher

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher was the standard dishwasher that came with our townhouse when we built the house. Our experience with this dish washer was over all good. The dish washer ran quietly and normally cleaned the dishes decent. If dishes weren't ore washed and had a heavy coat of food those dishes were always dirty even after a cycle. But generally everyday washing provided an excellent result of clean dishes. One negative is sometimes my babies' bottles accessories (nipples and caps) would fall down under rack they would melt and then unable to use. Now at this point this house is one of our rental units and we have never had to have any type of service call. Overall durable quiet dish washer.

Noise Level
The dish washer isn't loud that it interrupts sound while watching tv or having conversations.

Cleaning Time
Average normal cleaning time.

Loading Flexibility
Easy to fit a wide range of dishes in dish washer.

• Loading Flexibility:

I just don't care for it

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

I decided to try a different brand than I usually do and boy was it a mistake. I just don't care for my whirlpool. It's not as quiet as I would like and I always find that I am washing dishes that come out of the dishwasher. There is always a spot left or food still stuck to a plate, something that forces me to wash it again. So what is the point? I want a dishwasher so I don't have have to, this was not the right choice.

Whirlpool Dishwasher

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

So far, this dishwasher is great, but I don't think it will last very long.

Noise Level
This dishwasher is louder than I like for them to be. The dishwasher I had previously was not so loud, but I paid a lot more for it.

Cleaning Time
This dishwasher seems to take a little longer to wash than the one I had before it, but not too much longer.

Loading Flexibility
There isn't really any flexibility when it comes to loading this dishwasher. It has a top rack, bottom rack, and a place for silverware.

For the most part, it gets my dishes clean. The only issue I have is my glasses don't seem to get as clean as the previous dishwasher. Someone had suggested that I switch soaps, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

I like the colors, but other than that, I don't like much about it. It's pretty basic.

I don't think this dishwasher seems very durable. First of all, the buttons on the dishwasher are a little hard to push. It just seems like they aren't working right. That's something I would expect from an older dishwasher, but not one I just purchased! Also, the door doesn't seem very sturdy. It's very light, and it just feels cheap. This dishwasher does what I need it to for now, but it just seems very cheap. I don't think it will last very long. I should have invested in a better one. I guess you get what you pay for.

Excellent dishwasher!!!

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

This appliance is the best I have ever seen with it"s stylish looks and the most durable product I have ever seen. This product is so quite sometimes I can't even tell if it is running and when it is finished it leaves my dishes all spot free and the best clean dishes possible. When loading the dishwasher the tray are very easy to pull out and have a spacious area to place dishware it can hold some of the biggest pots and pans that I have. It also is very fast taking no longer than twelve minutes and still leaves dishes with their best clean possible.

It's OK

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

We run this dishwasher daily or more.
We live in the country and have a well. This dishwasher only allows a certain amount of time for filling. This means that if your water pressure is low (like ours was) it would not be filled and would just move on with the cycle. We have a new well now with better water pressure and the dishwasher is a lot better.
I have used this dishwasher in combination with Finish Powerball and it doesn't dissolve the red ball all the way. It could definitely be my hard water, but it could be the dishwasher.
It cleans OK. It seems to have a lot of more space compared to other dishwashers. It is a lower priced one.
It seems that there is a lot of "gunk" that gets stuck in the dishwasher arms. I have to clean them out with a paperclip almost every time I run it. It also has a funky smell sometimes which I have to get rid of with vinegar.
I am giving it a higher rating than I really think of it only because I'm not really sure if any of the dishwashers are better. I think they're all not so great now.

greatest ever

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

I loved it from the moment it was installed into my humble home. I love it and I truely feel that you will also love, plus enjoy the same as I felt the feeling when I first used it. You will have no choice, but to let others know of this product. It's the best and you'll want to tell your own family member to get the same.

Would not recommend.

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

I've heard a lot of really good things about this dishwasher, but didn't have as much luck as the others did. I did very much enjoy the space in the dishwasher. I had plenty of room for pots and pans, silverware, cooking utensils... all without having to cram everything in and risk not getting it clean. That was about the only thing I liked. The dishwasher was extremely loud, sometimes it would stop in the middle of the load, and most times it would throw itself off and leave a bunch of the dishes completely untouched. ONE time, I found some dishes broken. I'm not even sure how that's possible.

We had someone come out to fix it, who jiggled around a few things but it ended up not making any difference. We used different dish detergents, we tried bigger loads, smaller loads, loads with smaller dishes in it, and after about 6 months of trying to make it work, it simply was just not working.

I would not recommend this, but there is a chance that we got the bad one of the bunch.

Love this!

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

I recently gave birth to my son who is my third child, so there are now five of us in my family. We go through so many dishes that a dishwasher is a must! With my old one, I would have to run it about three times a day to get all of of our daily dishes done. But with this one I can fit them all in at once, so I only have to run it once a day, usually overnight. It is quiet enough that it does not disturb us while we are sleeping, so I load it and turn it on right before I go to bed. I hate the idea of rinsing the dishes prior to putting them in the dishwasher (what's the point in having a dishwasher if you have to hand wash the dishes before you put them in there?) and we only rinse them off if we have something with sauce, like spaghetti or gravy or something like that, and then everyone rinses their dishes with water when they finish eating (it's a great way to teach my little ones responsibility too). That is sufficient. The dishwasher cleans everything really well. I bought a Whirlpool because my last dishwasher was also a whirlpool, and it was a good choice. This dishwasher looks nice, does its job well and quietly and is big enough to handle the dishes of a family of five so I can have a little free time. I highly recommend this model.