Other Dishwashers:

Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher DU018DWTQ / DU018DWTB / DU018DWTS

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

You can barely hear it running!

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher DU018DWTQ / DU018DWTB / DU018DWTS:

I love our dishwasher. You can barely hear it running and I have never had to wash something twice because it didn't get clean the first time. I really recommend this whirlpool dish washer.

Noise Level
The reason we purchased a new dishwasher was because we could not even hold a conversation with our old dishwasher. This one is very quiet, we don't need to blare our TV the sound. I could not be happier.

Cleaning Time
I guess I am not super picky about how fast this cleans our dishes. I run about one load per day. Honestly, it could take as long as it wanted. I am happy with the amount of time it takes to wash the dishes, maybe about 45 minutes.

Loading Flexibility
I guess if I had any complaints about this machine it would be the types of things that can fit in the machine. I bake a lot and have a lot of large bowls. I typically just hand wash them, because I can't fit anything else in the bottom with my big bowls.

This whirlpool is great, gets ALL my dishes clean the first time. No need to re wash any of my dishes. Even the myriad of child sippy cups, this dishwasher gets all the 'stuff' out of the lids.

I like the design, it just looks like a dishwasher. Nothing fancy. I prefer the controls on the front top of the dishwasher versus on the top lip of the dishwasher. The price was the most important thing about this, so the looks are not as important.

Super durable! Let me just say my three year old bangs her tricycle into this daily and you would never know. Need I say more? Ha! It is really easy to keep clean and wipe of the front, and can take a beating in a home with children.

• Loading Flexibility:

Beautiful, simplistic, and easy to use dishwasher.

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher DU018DWTQ / DU018DWTB / DU018DWTS:

This Whirpool dishwasher is a great product for any house to have built-in. It has a slick and attractive design that doesn't draw too much attention and it works great with plasticware, silverware, and corning-ware.

Noise Level
The noise level is not excessive by any means. However, I do wish it could have some sound resistance built in to the front and back. This is built into my kitchen which shares a wall with my bedroom. When running the dishwasher, it can be a bit noisy but it is by no means excessive.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time for this dishwasher is great for heavy and lighter loads. With the separate cleaning methods, this dishwasher allows for a quick and effective cleaning.

Loading Flexibility
The loading flexibility is a moderate problem. For things like plates and platters, it works great but some of my larger bowls cannot stand up well enough to avoid taking multiple places and block the room for other dishes.

The cleaning capabilities are excellent and efficient. The performance has not yet let me down with hard to clean dishes and everyday meals.

The design is sleek and understated which goes great with many different house plans and designs.

It does the job

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher DU018DWTQ / DU018DWTB / DU018DWTS:

When I moved into my home a couple years ago, this dishwasher was already there waiting for me. If it wasn't already there, we would've have planned on buying one. It has saved up loads of time on washing the dishes on a daily basis, though. One little downside, you need to make sure that you rinse the dishes really well before you put it in the dishwasher. So it still takes some time to do the dishes because of that. If the dishes aren't rinsed well enough, they won't come out clean from the dishwasher. Once in a while it does puddle around the bottom of the dishwaser. You just need to get it cleaned and it will go away. But it's been great having a dishwasher in the house.

Noise Level
It does make quite a bit of noise, but it's not so loud that it's obnoxious or anything. Nothing I can't handle.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning cycle really doesn't take that long.

You do have to rinse the dishes really well before putting them in the dishwasher. If you can't get something off the dish, the dishwasher won't be able to either.

Great deal all around!!!

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher DU018DWTQ / DU018DWTB / DU018DWTS:

I have this dishwasher in my apartment and have never had a problem with it. I have actually put in three (3) day old dishes with dried up food on them. All of the dishes came out clean, SPOTLESS!!! Now you might be saying, "Oh its your soap you are using. That's what is getting your dishes clean." Well, I would have to say you are wrong. I have tried other dishwashers and have never received the same outcome. I don't know if it is the design or just because a great company made it, but this dishwasher beats all.

Noise Level
I can barely hear it running. I can turn it on and still hear everything else going on in my home. Like I stated above, I have tried other dishwashers and came across some really noisy ones. They have nothing on the noise level of this one.

Cleaning Time
Cleaning gets done within an hour for me, not really sure of the exact time. Any way I look at it it still gets a ten (10) for the cleaning time. Specially for how clean the dishes endup being.

Does the charm!

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher DU018DWTQ / DU018DWTB / DU018DWTS:

This washing machine is great! You hardly have to rinse your dishes before putting them in here, because it gets everything squeaky clean, and shiny, just like on the commercials!

Noise Level
This product is not loud at all, unlike several other washing machines that I have had in the past.

Cleaning Time
This dishwasher gets dishes clean very fast and efficiently Everything gets clean and dry in about the same amount of time that it would take you to watch a quick television show.

Loading Flexibility
I am able to fit an entire heaping sink full of dishes into this dishwasher, and sometimes still have leftover room in it, which is pretty outstanding!

This dishwasher goes above and beyond while performing. You barely have to rinse your dishes off before loading them!

The design is simple but modern. It looks a lot nicer than some of the dishwashers that I have had in the past.

This machine is very durable. I am able to load it to its maximum capacity without having to worry about any of my dishes or glasses breaking.

• Loading Flexibility:

A quiet dishwasher with a few quirks

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher DU018DWTQ / DU018DWTB / DU018DWTS:

When I moved into my last apartment this dishwasher was waiting for me. I hadn't planned on having a dishwasher at all, so I'm perhaps a little biased, but this piece of equipment is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Noise Level
It is exceedingly quiet. Occasionally have half an argument with your then fiance about nobody doing the dishes before you realize it's running and you're both jerks, quiet.

Cleaning Time
It's quick with respect to cleaning but timing the drying cycle is either hopeless or useless depending on, I dunno, magic.

Loading Flexibility
Remember the quirks from the title? The top rack of this dishwasher doesn't come out *quite* as far as you'd like, which makes for a little inlet that you're trying to slide your tallest glasses into. It's not a dealbreaker by any stretch of the imagination, but it's definitely kind of a pain. The bottom shelf is solidly designed and put together.

Everything was cleaned spectacularly well, and we're picky people.

Aside from the inset top shelf I was really happy with all aspects of the design. You could do a heck of a lot worse.

The only issue we had was when a pipe backed up somewhere down the line, and that's hard to blame on the dishwasher itself.

OUT LASTS OUT CLEANS ALL THE REST

from Latonia, KY

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher DU018DWTQ / DU018DWTB / DU018DWTS:

My Whirlpool Dishwasher has outlasted and outcleaned 2 other brands bought by members of my family. I believe the main reason for this is that it comes apart to clean very easily and goes back together in a snap. I have had some grimey dishes and a few the grandkids had "misplaced? that had accumulated hard crusty food residue but my wonderful dishwasher caused them to sparkle with just one wash. Many other brands take two washes ..or more to get these kind of dishes clean. Both members of my family who owned the other brands were always amazed at the job my Whirlpool did so they both went out and purchased one.  I have never had a problem as the strainer seems to catch everything from pinto beans to a few stray dog hairs. No drain clogs, no half clean silverware, no stains left on dishes with my built-in Whirlpool Dishwasher. I use it at least 4 times a week...more when the grandkids stay over and it has never ceased to amaze me. Want a great dishwasher? This is it!

Whirlpool dishwashers are great

from Enid, OK

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher DU018DWTQ / DU018DWTB / DU018DWTS:

I have this dishwasher and am very happy with it.  I had hesitated getting a Whirlpool dishwasher - even though I have been extremely happy with my other Whirlpool appliances.  I am really glad that I did purchase this one as it does a superb job of getting my dishes spotless and shiny.  Couldn't be happier.

Whirlpool Dishwasher does good job

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher DU018DWTQ / DU018DWTB / DU018DWTS:

I'v had my Whirlpool built-in dishwasher for a couple of years now and it performs well in getting my dishes and glassware clean although I have to get them pretty well rinsed prior to loading and running the dishwasher. It is energy efficient and hasn't significantly increased my electric bill since installation.