Other Dishwashers:

Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher GU3600XTVY / GU3600XTVB / GU3600XTVQ

Pros

Cons

Love this dishwasher

Recently we purchased the Whirpool Gold dishwasher and LOVE IT! It has so many wonderful qualities. The first great quality about this dishwasher is that it is so much quieter than our previous one (a GE). I also love that if you decide to stop it in the middle of a load you can easily just hit the resume button and start it back up again. It also has an optional delay button. You can put all of your dishes in (adding more as you go), along with the detergent, and then hit delay for 4 hours. What a great and interesting feature for a busy mom. The racks lift up or down and the silverware compartment can also be moved inside the machine or onto the door to save space. And the silverware holder also has spoon separators if you want to make sure your spoons get good and clean. Overall, I cannot say enought positive things about this dishwasher. I am really happy this is the one we chose and would happily buy it again!

Dissapointed

I spent a lot of time researching permanent, under cabinet dishwashers of all prices. The best one I found for both price and features was this Whirlpool GU3600XTVY... until I recieved it. They have made a design change which in this writers engineering experience and opinion is a big no no. They have changed the water inlet valve from a 3/8" NPT Female brass interface to a 3/4" 'plastic' Male Hose Thread interface. The only way you find this out is to buy the machine as all their installation manuals refer to the older more secure design. It appears they went this route for commonality of parts as this is the water inlet valve used on the portable dishwasher. There are three major problems and one minor problem with using this plastic valve. The first major problem is that a special and hard to find adapter is needed. The second major problem is that you are attaching a hard copper tube to the metal adapter which is then putting undue pressure at a right angle onto the plastic valve which will eventually break. The third problem is that you need a rubber washer for the adapter that will eventually leak. The minor problem and the tell that says this part is used on the protables is that the location of the exit port for the valve causes the water supply tube to stick out of the side of the machine and you have to be very careful not to jam it against the cabinet while installing the machine and that water tube will also be vibrating up against the cabinet wall.This new design was a deal breaker for me and the machine was returned and the search continues.

Great brand, and quality

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher GU3600XTVY / GU3600XTVB / GU3600XTVQ:

I had to buy a new dishwasher recently because my other one has been leaking a lot and making a lot of noise. I wanted to buy a high quality brand, whirlpool, and I was not disapointed. This dishwasher has a low noise level; cannot hear it from my upstairs bedroom like I could with others, and it gets all the dirt off the dishes and cups. It has many options to wash dishes, like rinse, which is good for just cups. There is a lot of space available, and even a basket type tray for spoons, knives, and forks. There are even pull out shelves on the top for smaller utensils. This dishwasher has a very modern look, good quality stainless steel which does not rust. The dishwasher is easy to open with the handle. I would recommend this for large families with many kids, it is also kid friendly with no sharp parts so they can load their own dishes. The buttons are also straightforward so kids can learn to turn on the dishwasher too.

Great

Overall the Whirlpool Gold Built-in dishwasher is great! It, for the majority of the time, cleans the dishes well in an average amount of time. It can wash any size dish and is able to hold a large capacity of dishes. It's also able to withstand a large amount of damage without any scratches to the exterior or interior. Great addition for any kitchen!

Noise Level
Very little noise, most of the time I don't even notice when it's running. Ideal for those who prefer a quiet house

Cleaning Time
I'd say it's about average as with any other dishwasher. It's not the most efficient dishwasher I've had, but it's also not the slowest.

Loading Flexibility
Very flexible. I'm able to load the smallest of containers to the large plates that are served when a group of people gather. There's enough space for everything and I can finish everything in one load.

It does its job well in cleaning except sometimes it doesn't always get every single piece of food out. Some of this is due to how I arranged the plates in the washer, but otherwise, it works well. However, the dryer is not as great due to many wet plates left over when the cycle finishes.

It has a very sleek and shiny design built to fit any modern home.

Able to withstand a lot. I've had many kids come over and bump and throw things at and inside the dishwasher, but it still works like new

A Good Overall Dishwasher - drying is not optimal

We bought this dishwasher to replace our old out-dated one that finally broke. It was very stylish and the stainless steel exterior caught our attentions, as it matched the rest of the kitchen perfectly. While it is a quite running dishwasher, it does not dry like our older machine did. We often find ourselves propping the door open to let the dishes air-dry some after a wash and heat-dry cycle, and even then we often towel dry before putting up the dishes. Other than the drying issue, it's a pretty decent machine.

Noise Level
This is a very quiet running dishwasher. At least it is in my opinion compared to our older GE machine that finally quit on us.

Cleaning Time
I feel like this cleans in an average amount of time expected for any dishwasher. It does clean the dishes very well.

Loading Flexibility
The racks are nicely spaced apart for organizing numerous sizes and styles of dishes. I have not had a problem getting lots to fit into this machine and still come out clean.

Again, as stated above, the cleaning part of this machine is ideal, however the drying is an upset. I don't really understand why this doesn't dry like my old dishwasher from the 1990's. I would assume it would dry better, but instead we are towel drying quite often as we unload the machine, and with two children, it is inconvenient.

Very sleek and stylish design. Looks great in a modern kitchen. Very updated look compared to the old white or black machines.

Two children pulling anf pushing on the door, playing with the racks, etc. and it is still going strong. Doesn't dent and seems to be very durable inside and out.

• Loading Flexibility:

I own this dishwasher now and i think its pretty good.

I own this dishwasher and i love it. Lets start with the look of the dishwasher. I like how the buttons and just the look itself does not look plain. The second thing i would like to talk about is the inside of the dishwasher. The inside of the dishwasher has some good space. I know how to load a dishwasher to be able to fit more dishes and where they would be clean and this dishwasher is very good for it. The noise level i think is a lot quieter than most dishwashers. The dishes come clean every time that i use this dishwasher.

Noise Level
I love that this machine does not make as much noise that the prior machines i had before made.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time is average, but the bigger thing about this dishwasher is that the dishes seem to come clean and i do not have to do them over and over again.

Loading Flexibility
I can load very comfortable and not worry about the dishes not getting clean.

The performance of this dishwasher is really good. The dishes are clean and very minimal streaks.

The design is better than just being plain. It has a nice look.

It was not to bad to put this dishwasher in my house. It did not take as long as i thought.

• Loading Flexibility:

This Whirlpool Dishwasher cleans dishes really well!

from Arlington, TX

I really enjoy using this dishwasher because it does all the work for me while I can just sit back and be lazy. I scrape all the food from the dishes and don't bother to try to remove the dried bits that stick to pans and pots. When I place dishes in there, I make sure that I don't overload it and also make sure that each and every dish can be exposed to the water. That way, you get the best wash possible to get clean dishes. I use the gel packs and turn on the dishwasher and when it's done, my dishes are really clean. I haven't had any problems with hard water stains yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that the Whirlpool will pull through! I like the stainless steel look of this Whirlpool dishwasher because it won't turn yellow over time like with my old dishwasher. I notice that this dishwasher isn't as loud as other ones and doesn't give off any weird smells as it's washing dishes or even as it is cleaning itself. This is a must for those who do not have time to do the dishes by hand.

• Loading Flexibility:

This dishwasher its ok for the most part.

We have this dishwasher a approx 3 years now. After about 2 years of use one day it didn't drained. We tried several different things but did not work. We ended up calling the tech for repair and he replaced a part and from under it and started working again. Now I am not sure but sometimes after a wash load you can see some type of residual of something on the plates and the cups are not clear.

Noise Level
At the beginning it was better but now it is a little noisy when it washing.

much better job was expected from this whirlpool gold dishwasher.

For a brand new machine it shouldn't have broken that fast.

• Loading Flexibility:

Neat dishwasher with clean, an sleek appearance

This dishwasher is very efficient and allows for tedious cleaning with very quick setting changes allowing for different intervals, and cleaning capacity.

Noise Level
The quiet partner V system is very reasonable when it comes to the amount of noise produced while cycle is started.

Cleaning Time
Very speedy dishwashing with good result after each wash

Loading Flexibility
Different places for each dish in he home and a quick and easy removable silverware basket.

The whirlpool delivers performance that you will be very proud to have in your home

Fits in and is very spacious when it comes to design of exterior and interior. Cool stainless front and neat configuration of buttons

Stainless steel front that allows for easy cleaning and everything from the inside out seems like it should last a very long time. Extremely powerful nozzles wit good water pressure and inside seems it should be able to withstand washes time and time again.

Scrub a dub

from Flushing, MI

This is a pretty fantastic unit. It has served me well and been put through many loads of very dirty dishes.

Noise Level
All dishwashers are going to be noisy in my experience. This one is not particularly quiet or very noisy. It sits at a comfortable natural in between level which suits me just fine.

Cleaning Time
Once again only so much can be expected from a modern day washing machine. Time is what you would expect. Not a long time but not less than what you would expect.

Loading Flexibility
Weve jam packed our unit fill and have not been able to throw something at it which it could not handle.

As I stated above, it works just great.

The design is great because it is wonderful for smaller than usual spaces.

We have not encountered any issues with our unit since we had first purchased it. It still runs great and has done the job just the same as the day we opened the box. I would recommend it to any family with limited kitchen space.

dishwasher shuts off every time within 15 minutes of starting

dishwasher shuts off every time within 15 minutes of starting, it cycles to cancel then shuts off. we then push start and then it may work or cycle off until we push start for a third time.dishwasher was professionally intalled.

Whirlpool Dishwasher

This dishwasher does a fairly good job of getting dishes clean. The outside appearance however will start looking old and worn much too soon. The dishwasher cleans just fine but looking at it, it looks old and worn. The material over the push buttons cracks and chips off looking worn.

Noise Level
this dishwasher is a little noisy compared to brand new machines.

I rated the design poor because of the way the front of the dishwasher chips and looks worn.