Other Dishwashers:

Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

Love my Whirlpool, Dishes always come out clean.

Love my whirle pool, my husband and son tend to just put their dishes in without rinsing first. In past I would unload the dishwasher and have to hand wash a lot of the dishes that did not come clean. Since we purchased our Whirlpool I no longer have to worry. Everything comes out clean and spotless. I also like the finish on the outside, it cleans up very easy.  The silverware basket is especially handy as you can place larger items in one of the four compartments or you can place each piece in a slot of it's own. This prevents the silverware from spooning and not coming clean. The bottom has adjustable racks that can be laid down. When placing large stock pots in this helps the items to fit in more easily. The top of the dishwasher also has different heights available for items. If using taller stem ware I can place it to the side with more room and not worry about the glasses catching and breaking. Also nice for vases.

Great but not amazing.

I am not sure where to begin. I used this product a couple of years ago and was generally satisfied. However, i decided to dump after i was spending way too much on detergents and the clanking of the dishes got too much. My new model is much quieter, but isn't very spacious. If you would want a good washer, this is good but look for other ones also don't limit your search to just this site also. I won't waste your time by listing off a lot of pros and cons but there are more pros than cons. I loved the small fit and it fit perfectly into a liitle corner in my house, however your house may have a bigger place for a washer. I loved the quick and easy placement. However as i said it is loud. The other day at my friends house we couldn't hear one of the kids calling for us because of the loud clanking so she is not using it anymore. But if you have no kids or you aren't home for the washing, then definitely get this washer!!

It was great for the first year

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Load
  • Quiet

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Thoroughly
  • Unreliable

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

I have to say I was really let down by the Whirlpool Gold Built in Dishwasher. I bought mine a little over a year ago and I was thrilled with it. I noticed right away that it was so quiet and got my dishes sparkling. Then out of nowhere it started leaking. It was so gross to wash dishes in this particular dishwasher that I decided it would be better to hand wash all of my dishes. Not only was it leaking a lot of water, but with time it slowly developed this brown sticky film that was difficult to clean and disgusting. I did have it replaced since it was under warranty but I fear this new one will start leaking again. I am not sure I would recommend this particular dishwasher. It wasn't really a cheap dishwasher so you can imagine my disappointment when it didn't live up to expectations.

Amazing results

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

I so glad that I finally broke down and bought a dish washer. This is the best one I have ever seen and it’s so much better than washing dishes yourself. I have had amazing results with this dish washer. Having hard water makes it hard to get the dishes, and glasses spot free is a big hassle when washing by hand. I have had compliments on my dishes after washing them with this dish washer about how clean and spotless they appeared to everyone. I love that I can just set the dishes in the rack, turn it on and let it go while it takes care of the messy part. I also like the fact that it has a steam cycle to go the extra mile in making your dishes cleaner. It is also very quiet when it runs, even during the cycles that you would think would be loud. It also washes dishes very fast it takes at least 20 minutes for one cycle and it is very energy efficient. You can also change the racks if you have bigger or smaller things to wash. Overall I would recommend this to anyone who wants a nice machine that will last a long time.

Safety Lock :(

from Valparaiso, In

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

I really like the look and it is quiet. I don't like the fact that you can easily open the dishwasher while it is cleaning the dishes and the hot steam and hot water puff out at you. Also the handle comes loose easily. Finally, while it is cleaning the dishes hot steam comes out of the top of the dishwasher. I have a 2 year old so these are a big deal to me and it has no safety and doesn't have anything I can buy to make it safer. Its cute though..

Noise Level
    You can hear it but it doesn't keep me up at night.

Cleaning Time
    This cleans quickly and at a normal speed

Loading Flexibility
    This has many options to change the racks and it fits large items and small items. I do wish you could change how high or low the racks can go.

My dishes come out clean.

I really like the way this looks with the hidden buttons.

I have not had it for that long, only 6 month, and the handle is already loose.

• Loading Flexibility:

Good dishwasher for the money.

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

Good dishwasher for the right price. I currently have a leak through the door, working with whirl pool to resolve the issue, love the hidden controls, we have little ones who love to push buttons. I love the solid food filter, especially great for septic systems. I like the silverware tray, good shelf space.

• Loading Flexibility:

Great dishwasher for the price

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

When it was time to replace the old dishwasher at our winter house my wife and I looked for a dishwasher that could get the job done but also didn't cost an arm and a leg, and we found it. This Whirlpool dishwasher does a fantastic job of getting the dishes clean for a surprisingly low price.
    Our previous dishwasher seemed to just heat water and rise some of the dishes, leaving many dirty and in need for 2 or 3 washes. With this one, dishes do not need to be thoroughly washed before putting them into the dishwasher. Even relatively dirty dishes come out clean and I like that.
    Overall, I enjoy this dishwasher for its cleaning power and affordability. The only thing I find a bit strange is the placement of the buttons. I'm used to having the buttons in the front and not on top, but once you're used to it it's no big deal.

Noise Level
    It's a pretty quite dishwasher.

Great, especially for the price.

The button placement on the top is sort of a nuisance, I prefer them on the front.

Great Dishwasher!

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

This is a great dishwasher. We love the amount of space available for dishes. There is plenty of room on the top rack. You can put larger bowls/storage containers on the top and they don't run into the top of the machine. There are enough customizable portions on the top rack to hold your wine glasses and small lids. The bottom is deep enough to hold large cutting boards and large pots and pans. There is plenty of room left over for everyday dishes. We have no problem fitting all our daily dishes plus all our cooking utensils - which helps keep our kitchen clean every day. The silverware holder on the door is a major space saver! The machine is quiet and does a great job washing. We do use a dishwasher cleaner bi-monthy which seems to help keep the inside looking nice and we've never had a problem with odors.

Noise Level
    Very quiet. We have an open dining/kitchen/living room and running the dishwasher doesn't affect the noise level in the great room.

Cleaning Time
    Seems to run quickly on normal.

Does a great job cleaning dishes!

The vent is on the top (as with most models) and tends to heat our granite counters up above the unit. The cat loves this and tends to get in the way since he'll sleep there while the machine is running.

Powerful Yet Quiet

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

Love this dishwasher! Having the ability to move the silverware holder to the door thus freeing up more bottom rack space is a HUGE plus for me!

Very, very quite.

Cleaning Time
    Need a quick wash? Longer? Set it for overnight for greater electrical grid savings...this machine can do it all.

Loading Flexibility
    Tons of room for even my tallest pots and pans

Dishes are clean and glasses sparkle!

Love the stainless look - easy to clean (inside AND out)!

My last Whirlpool dishwasher lasted 18 years. I expect the same for this one!

Good price, great machine

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

I am happy to have this dishwasher. It works well and it looks good too. We recently purchased this dishwasher because our old one broke. This dishwasher was priced well, and appeared to be a good machine so we purchased it. We have been really pleased with this dishwasher. We are pleased with our purchase. It works so much better than our old one, and has make a big difference. The bottom rack is a little lower to the ground, but it is worth it because of the extended capacity and increased washing ability.

Noise Level
    The noise level isn't intrusive in any way. There is a bit of a hum and it is obvious when the machine is changing cycles, but the noise isn't overbearing in any way.

Cleaning Time
    I'm not disappointed with the cleaning time. I think the cleaning time is fine. I'm happy with the amount of cycle choices.

Loading Flexibility
    I like the different ways things can be configured in the dishwasher. I like that the silverware holder can be moved to the door, or inside the dishwasher.

I think it gets my dishes really clean and sanitary.

I love the sleek look to the dishwasher.

Our last dishwasher lasted for 20 years, and we are hoping this one does the same. So far it seems like a quality product!

Whirlpool Dishwasher

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

I bought this dishwasher to replace the old white one that came with the house when we purchased it. It is very quiet and efficient. It cleans my dishes very well . It matches the other stainless appliances in my kitchen like I bought them together. Overall I highly recommend it.

Noise Level
    Very quiet. Can turn it on at night and it does not bother anyone

Cleaning Time
    Quick and efficient cleaning.

Loading Flexibility
    The racks are adjustable on the top shelf to fit different dishes. The silverware is stored in the door for maximum space on the bottom rack. We can fit more plates than we currently own on the bottom rack.

I have no complaints. Always clean and spotless dishes. Quick cycle for everyday and a deep cleaning cycle too.

Beautiful stainless and sleek design. Love the silverware rack that is inside the door instead of on the bottom rack.

Holds up to all the damage my teenage boys can cause and all the dishes they use!

Large and quiet.

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

I have had the product for one year, and have had to use a dishwasher cleaner once even though there was no food in the trap. Otherwise, the product cleans very well with rinse aid.

Very quiet.

Cleaning Time
    Seems to take a while on the regular cycle to wash.

Very sleek with buttons on top.

Have only had for one year.