4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

I love my Whirlpool Dishwasher!

I love this dishwasher. The top shelf has the cup shelves that allow double stacking of coffee mugs. I have found that they come in super handy if I put my daughter's sippy cups on the lower level. It keeps them in place so that they get clean. Each time I opened my old dishwasher, I would discover her cups sitting right side up and full of yucky water. Now I dont have that problem at all. Also, they made the basket for utensils adjustable. I may not be able to move it around, but I can choose the size I need and dont lose space to an unfilled basket! The soap holder is the perfect size for dishwasher soap tabs or packets. And the top rack is made so that smaller items wont fall thru to the bottom rack. No more hunting for sippy cup lids! This is a great product for moms with toddlers!

The pros offset the cons of this Whirlpool dishwasher.

The Brittany Spears of Dishwashers... Attractive but has problems...

The Brittany Spears of Dishwashers... Attractive but has problems...

I bought this Whirlpool Gold dishwasher because it was part of a package deal at a local home improvement store. I had been looking for a stainless steel set for a while. When I saw this one, I liked the look and the price and thinking it was a brand name that I knew, I bought it on the spot. When I used it for the first time I was AMAZED at how quiet it was! It looked good too. The racks are movable to allow for various sized pots and pans. There is no center "cone" to reach the items on the top rack so again it allows for more space for larger or more items to be washed at once. Another feature that I really like is that it has a viewing area to let you know if you are running low on the rinse aid.

The big question was how well did it clean my dishes? I have two answers for that. One, if I use a tablet-type detergent, it works well if I rinse off most of my dishes before placing them in the dishwasher. If I don't rinse, then crumbs will often form on the inside of my glasses on the top rack. If I use a cheap liquid detergent, then a white film covers my silverware. This film streaks down the silverware and WILL NOT come off unless I hand scrub with a rough surface sponge. I have tried rewashing in the dishwasher and it does not come off. A few of the plastic parts that hold the movable parts of the racks have come off and I have only owned the dishwasher for a year.

Overall, I think that this dishwasher does its job as long as I do mine... pre-rinse and use a tablet detergent. There are a lot of pros that offset the few cons and that is why I gave it an average rating.

A must have dish washer

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

This Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher is just perfect washer within the right price range and best features. The best part is that it has the appropriate shelves for small utensils so that they do not go haywire while washing. The place to hold soap is so rightly made that my soap exactly fits into it. It takes normal cleaning time (say an hour for small loaded and two hours for full capacity). I have been using this for six months now and doesn't have any issues so far. Cleaning is just just perfect and I never ever find any stain on my utensils.

Noise Level
A little noisy but considering the results I do not have any issue with it.

Cleaning Time
Cleaning time is normal as other dish washers.

Loading Flexibility
Loading is the best part in this machine. It has small upper shelf for small cups etc so that they doesn't fall to the bottom one.

The cleaning is just perfect and stain free.

The sleek design makes it look nice and it gets fitted into the kitchen very easily

So far so good. No technical/mechanical glitch I have faced so far.

Great little Dishwasher

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

This is a great little dishwasher! It fits most dishes and cleans everything to spotless. We have had this dishwasher a little over a year and I have saved on water bills and dish soap. It's easy to clean and has great stacking room. It is small and fits great in a small kitchen perfectly. The only thing is the top rack has less room in height so you can't put certain things that need to be on the top shelf. I find this a very small factor because it fits in our small kitchen and fits just about everything else.

Noise Level
I almost never hear anything, I almost forget that it is on in the first place. Sometimes it has a slight draining noise but even then It doesn't seem like it's the dishwasher.

Cleaning Time
This machine has a 1 hour option for a smaller loads and it will be about 2 hours on a regular load.

Loading Flexibility
Besides the top rack being a little too short, you can fit just about anything else in.

I have never had a streak or a spot and the dishes are always clean!

• Loading Flexibility:

Dishwashers make life so much easier

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

I just moved into a new place so I'm new to this dishwasher or its new to me. So far I am loving it and have had no issues with it. I love life with a dishwasher because I lived in a house without one for a short time and everything is just so much quicker and easier to do with one. All I have to do is rinse my dish off before I put it in to wash (which is my preference) I don't like when I wash my dishes and food is still on them, actually that irks my nerves. I hate having to release dishes so I pre wash them as a precaution. All in all I would never want to live without a nice, handy dish washer again.

Noise Level
All the dishwashers I've ever used have been pretty noisy this one isn't much different but I expect it so it does not really matter to me so much.

Normal cleaning time

Loading Flexibility
There's a technique to loading a dishwasher ha ha this one is pretty easy to load.

Good performance

Looks nice

No issues with it yet but as I said I've just started using it

A Bit Noisy But It Gets My Dishes Clean

from Spring, TX

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

Through the years I have had various kinds of dishwashers and they have all had positives, whether it be a Kenmore, Emerson or Whirlpool. I just purchased a house last year and it came with one of these Gold Built-in dishwashers and I must say I am impressed.

It has various functions, including water-saver and heavy duty pot cleaning modes. I find that when I put my dishes in, rarely do they come out with pieces of food stuck to the ware or dishes, which is very important to me, since it is very disgusting to find a piece of old food on your plates. The only time I have found food left on my dishes, was when I forgot to pre-wash the dishes that had very tough food on it.

The one downside I have seen from this washer is that it can get pretty noisy. It doesn't sound like a car-wreck, but in a small house or apartment, it could be heard from a good distance. I don't find it such a big deal, but it is something to consider.

• Loading Flexibility:

A good system to be in the Kitchen

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

This is the first time I had been using a dishwasher. I found it very convenient and easy to use. Its been about a year now and I have had no problems as such other than the spoons tray which keeps coming off. The vessels are clean even if you load it really really full or heavy. The design of the dishwasher is good enough to load a variety of things at the same time.

Noise Level
I would like if they reduce the noise level

No issues.

Loading Flexibility
It design is very good and you can load a variety of things

Works well even if heavily loaded

• Loading Flexibility:

No dirty dishes in this house!

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

I just love this dishwasher. Its easy to use and the functions on it are not confussing. I can even put in dirty dishes with out doing the once over rinse in the sink before. I just scrap off the food and load it up. Everything comes out real clean and that's what a busy mom needs. :)

• Loading Flexibility:

This dishwasher will clean your dishes, eventually

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

I find this dishwasher to be a little noisy. I would prefer more room for my dishes with better organizers within the dishwasher. Sometimes the soap release malfunctions and I have to rewash the dishes because they have been "washed" without soap.

Noise Level
This dishwasher could be a little quieter.

Cleaning Time
The cycle is a little long but okay.

Loading Flexibility
Difficult to load and organize.

Cleans okay if the soap is dispensed properly.

Okay design.

No issues so far with it breaking down.

sleek and useful

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

The black color was my target because it makes the kitchen look clean and fresh. My old dishwasher used to not get the dishes entirely clean. This one is not noisy, cleans all the dishes and does not require as much soap. I would recommend it for the cost and use.

Nice Whirlpool

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher has plenty of room for dishes. I constantly have people coming over, so this is a major factor. The bottom shelf is my favorite part. I've seen some hand prints on the front, but I just use a damp warm washcloth to clean them right off. It's quiet, and it doesn't scare my cat. It's not too slow, and keeps me on my toes. Great dishwasher!

Good, Not Great, Loud

Comments about Whirlpool Gold Built-in Dishwasher:

I think that this Whirlpool dishwasher was very noisy. It also took a pretty long time to wash dishes. So expect at least 30 minutes of very loud racket coming from the dishwasher. It does a pretty good job cleaning the dishes. I rarely have to rinse off dishes before loading them in the washer. Doesn't leave residue or droplets of water on dishes when it gets done.