Other Clothes Dryers:
WED9550WW, WED9550WL, WED9550WR
Whirlpool Duet 7.2 cu. ft. Steam Electric Dryer

Whirlpool Duet 7.2 cu. ft. Steam Electric Dryer

Pros

Cons

• Loud (3)

• Everyday clothes (3)
    • Load Capacity:

whirpool dryer is your best choice.

When I first looked at this small thing, Whirlpool Duet Steam Electric Dryer WED9550W, I thought that’s cool, I can put it on top of my washing machine without taking up much space since my washing machine is front loaded too. Although it is not so big, it has a big room to do a lot of laundry, 7.2 cu.ft of space can save a lot of work. i can put in all laundry and set it aside, it can do all the work automatically including sensing the drying speed so I know how much time it would take to dry all the clothes. There are twelve options on the control board so you can choose whatever procedure you like. What makes me interested is the option of steaming the clothes so that the wrinkles and odor can be eliminated in a short amount of time.  It also sense the temperature in there so that when the drying is done, it drops the hot air in there to protect clothes. My clothes never have been burned out or have that kind of problem.  I definitely recommend this to my relative and friends.

I would not recommend this product

I have been a user of the Whirlpool Duet 7.2 cu. ft. Steam Electric Dryer for a couple of years now. Initially, this clothes dryer worked just fine with only one drawback - the alarm sounded by the dryer, at the end of each drying cycle, is really loud and annoying. However, with continued use, I noticed that clothes, especially those with inner pockets and linings, started coming out of this dryer rather moist. A lot of times, I had to dry these clothes a second time, or hang them up on a clothesline to complete the drying process. After one year of use, the dryer stopped working altogether, and I had to replace the circuit board. Now, although the dryer is drying clothes satisfactorily, the door refuses to shut completely. Also, the lint filter has accumulated lint along its outer borders that are impossible to remove despite my continued efforts to pry them off. All in all, I am very unhappy with this clothes dryer and am currently shopping for a replacement.

Power Dryer

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 7.2 cu. ft. Steam Electric Dryer:

I seriously love the Whirlpool Duet Steam Electric Dryer! It is so easy to use, it dries my clothes quickly, and it has lasted a good amount of years and still performs great to this day. I would definitely recommend this dryer to anyone because it is an excellent and reliable investment.

Load Capacity
I can put all of my large loads of laundry in the Whirlpool Duet Steam electric Dryer and my clothes will come out dry and smelling great.

I trust the Whirlpool Duet Steam electric Dryer because it dries my clothes quickly and thoroughly.

This Whirlpool Duet Steam Electric Dryer is seriously so easy to use. Just load the dryer with your freshly washed clothes then throw in a dryer sheet close the door and select what dry option you want, click start and wait for your dry and clean clothes.

I have been using the Whirlpool Duet Steam Electric Dryer for a handful of years now and it is a reliable dryer and still performs great even after all of these years.

I love this Dryer

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 7.2 cu. ft. Steam Electric Dryer:

This matches my washing machine and they are beautiful together. I always enjoy washing and drying my clothes because I really like my washer and dryer. I

Load Capacity
I can load three times more the load I can on this dryer compared to the matching washing machine of this. Since i don't do so much load for washing the clothes to clean the clothes really well.

Very good it always do a very good job on whatever setting I put it into. If I didn't give perfect score review for the matching washing machine of this dryer but this one is perfect.

Very easy to use and because I like it so much that it is always nice to use it.

Very durable as I said in my review for the matching washing machine that I have been using it for five years and I didn't experienced any problem with it.

Very pretty, elegant and likable design. It's very pleasing to the eyes. The design gives justice to the price since it looks very expensive.

Elite dryer! Must Buy!

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 7.2 cu. ft. Steam Electric Dryer:

This is truly a product of high craftsmanship and wonderful engineering. Its one of the most environmentally friendly dryers on the mainstream market. It uses significantly less energy than the typical washer in its same price range and is even more effective. This baby dries clothes so beautifully. The heat is just the right amount without overdrying or underdrying. It takes so much work out of the ironing because my clothes dont come out all jacked up. In fact, they somtimes comes out completely wrinkle free, which is magnificent. The best thing about this dryer is how many clothes it can take on at once. Ive never been able to put sooo many clothes in at once and have everything come out equally dry. This has saved me so many trips to the washing room. Ive never had to do more than 1 load on this washing machine. Another cool thing about this is that the clothes really come smelling out better than any other machine Ive used.

Whirlpoo Duet Steam Electric Dryer

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 7.2 cu. ft. Steam Electric Dryer:

We have six children and use our dryer daily. This dryer is wonderful. The clothes come out dry and wrinkle free.

This dryer is amazing. This has been the best dryer that we have owned.

This dryer is very easy to use. We have disabled children in our home and they have no problem using this dryer.

I like this dryer

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 7.2 cu. ft. Steam Electric Dryer:

I really enjoyed this dryer. Its space is really nice. It does not take as long as most dryers to dry clothes. It is not that loud either. The space is pretty decent that it takes also. The price was really good for my budget. I also love that i do not have to worry about having to keep an eye on it every few minutes to make sure it is working correctly.

Load Capacity
I am able to load a lot of clothes in this dryer. I have three other family members and i can do laundry in less time as i was before. I do not have to do as many loads as i used to do.

Dry's my clothes very well.

It took me a minute to figure out how to use it but finally now that i know it is really easy.

It was not that hard to get in my house. I do not think it would be that hard to put in another house if i needed to move.

I enjoy the way it looks. Does not look the old dryer that i had. I have had other people say that they like the way it looks and would not mind having one themselves.

• Load Capacity:

Last for about 5 years only.

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 7.2 cu. ft. Steam Electric Dryer:

I had to replace the heating element and it worked for about a month after that then It came up with a E03 error which meant if I was going to get it to work again I would have to replace the computer inside the unit and that was too much money so I just bought a new dryer that isn't the same model for the money I would have wasted on fixing the duet. Not the best model that whirlpool made thats for sure I will not recommend the duet to anyone that I know.

• Load Capacity:

Dry your clothes with quality!

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 7.2 cu. ft. Steam Electric Dryer:

You get what you paid for, a high quality dryer machine. This machine doesn't even jam up up as other cheap machines would so don't expect it to jam or break down after a while! With this machine you'll get your clothes smelling fresh and looking better than ever. honestly i'm in love with this machine. we do have a big family of ten some times more that would visit us every now and then people so this is a great machine for big families or small families that would just tend to wash allot. This machine would also save much of your time and effort. With its large dry space, it has the capability of washing tons of clothes at once. So if you tend to be sort on time constantly that this is the way to go. You can just turn it on, go shopping or what ever, Come back and ALL your clothes will be nicely dried since it is a large machine. SO at the end i would recommend this machine as it is high quality and a big time saver.

• Load Capacity:

The best dryer I have ever had.

from Kings Mountain, NC

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 7.2 cu. ft. Steam Electric Dryer:

The clothes come out soft and dry in a very little time. I use the dryer to fluff up things and it does a great job. I would rate this dryer as excellent!

Load Capacity
It can hold a very large load. I have dried my King size comforter in it without any problems. It is easy to load and seems to hold more than my previous dryer.

It is holding up very well and does everything I expected it to. I have had no breakdowns nor problems with it. It is outperforming my expectations.

Very easy to use. I love the front opening. The opening is located at just the right height and the lint trap is easy to keep clean. I cannot think of a thing they could change to make it easier to use.

No problems with it so far and I it is going strong! My old Whirlpool lasted for over 15 years and then it was only the belt that broke; I just wanted a new one. I expect this one to last just as long.

Would not change a thing on it. I have so many options and that makes it so much more enjoyable while doing my chores.

Great Dryer.

from Wellsboro, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 7.2 cu. ft. Steam Electric Dryer:

With my old dryer, it used to take me an hour and a half to dry a large load of clothes, and that was with a dryer, not energy star rated. Now with this dryer, I can dry the same size load in under 45 minutes. Meaning, I can do two loads in the time it used to take me to do one. And to run this dryer for an hour and a half, costs me about half as much as cost me to run my old dryer for an hour and a half. Not only that, but the drum is so big, I can put almost twice as many clothes per load. I have yet to have anything ever shrink, because the heat controls actually work. I love that every time I take clothes out of this dryer, they are lent-free and wrinkle-free.

Great Dryer

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 7.2 cu. ft. Steam Electric Dryer:

I have owned our whirlpool dryer for almost 4 years now and can say, hands down, I love it. It is everything a dryer should be. Quiet, quick, and very efficient in drying my families clothes. I have never had a problem with it, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a new dryer, it is that good. I also like the ability to stack the dryer with the matching washing machine, it is great for small spaces in any home. If you or someone you know is looking for a new dryer, I would seriously urge you to think about this dryer when making your decision. I have owned others in the past, and they have always fizzled out, or were way too loud.