Other Clothes Dryers:

Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Pros

Cons

Great dryer!

I have owned this dryer for a year and a half now.  I have used it regularly in that time, and dry several loads of clothes a week.  I have been very impressed with the performance of this dryer.  It runs quietly--my landry room is right next to my kitchen, and does not have a door, but the sound is never loud enough to be disruptive or disturbing.  I also like that this machine dries clothes efficiently. I love that I can do laundry in one afternoon and have several loads washed and dried quickly.   It easily dries my large loads of clothes--it has a very generous capacity.  I also like that I can put cloth diapers in and they come out soft and dry later.  I have not had any problems with this machine. It shows no signs of wear, even though it has been through heavy use.  I expect to get many more years of use out of this dryer before having to replace it.  I am very satisfied with this dryer.

Trouble From The Start

I bought the Whirlpool Electric Dryer around ten years ago. I bought this type because it was it didn't take up too much space. The dryer seemed to be great for the first year but after that, I started having one problem after another. The dryer was taking longer than usual to dry so I had to change the heating coil. Soon after, the timer dial stopped working. I noticed that my clothes were starting to get hung up in the door hinges while they were drying. The dryer was easy enough to use, but the performance of it was awful. After having the dryer for another year, the heating coil started to go out again. I just decided that I had already spent enough on it and to get rid of it and buy another. I would purchase another Whirlpool dryer again but not this particular model. I would most definitely not recommend it to anyone else. I feel as though it was a waste of money and wish that I had done a little more research on this dryer before buying.

Wonderful Dryer…great durability!

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I bought my Whirlpool Electric Dryer from a cousin of mine almost 9 years ago. She used the dryer for at least 5 years before I bought it from her. This dryer STILL dries my clothes so well. It has enough options to make sure that I dry my clothes correctly too. I can dry my delicates on a lower setting and my towels on a higher setting. It is easy to learn how to use the dial to select the correct drying option. I can fill my dryer full of laundry and it dries all of them evenly. I sometimes have to give it more time, but it is usually my fault for overloading it or forgetting to clean out the lint trap. It dries my clothes quickly every time. The line trap is also easy to use. It comes out easily and the lint is removed quickly. This is a great dryer and a great value too!

Load Capacity
I can fit a huge load of towels in my dryer.

Even with a full load of laundry this dryer gets them dry every time.

It is extremely easy to learn how to use the dials.

I've had my dryer for almost 9 years and it was owned for at least 5 years prior to my purchase of it. That's durability!

The dryer doesn't take a lot of room in my laundry room.

Great

from Warren, OH

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This Whirlpool 7.0 cu ft electric dryer is a great addition to your home with your whirlpool washer to match them together. We have had this dryer for many many years and it has held up very well. We have not had any issues with this dryer as it has worked wonderful over the many years of ownership. I would rate the durability of this dryer as a ten because it has held up great with no problems for the many years we have had it in our possession. It is also very easy to use so I would rate that as a ten also. It can hold many clothes which is really great because we always have clothes to wash and dry so it is nice to get them done in one load if possible. I love this dryer because of all these reasons and would not have picked a different one. I would highly reccommend this to anyone looking for a new dryer and just tell them it is a great investment and will be well worth it for how well it performs for you for many years to come.

• Load Capacity:

Pretty darn good for the price!

from Troy NY

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

When we moved into our new home, we were surprised to see that the dryer hook-up was electric, and our gas dryer would not work. The Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer turned out to be cheaper than installing a new gas line, so that is what we went with.

What a pleasant surprise! This dryer worked better and faster than our previous (and much more expensive) gas dryer. It makes very little noise, is easy on our clothing, and easy on the electric bill.

Plus the cost couldn't be beat - I would recommend this dryer to anyone with an electric hook-up!

Load Capacity
I can put whole comforter and sheet sets in this dryer - and they dry on one run!

Outstanding! Beats out every gas dryer we have ever used!

Very easy to use ... even our teenage sons have figured it out ... and that's REALLY saying something.

Haven't had a single issue yet! Works great!

A little wider than expected. Took some wiggly and finagling to get it in next to our washing machine.

Good price high value

from Enterprise, Wv

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We purchased this after a fire in our home last year. I was kinda weary because it was priced below average. Boy was i ever shocked. I have a large family plus two grandbabies. I wash at least five loads of clothes a day. That does not count all of the bedding once a week and the pets toys and blankets. This thing is great and durable. My husband works in the mines. His clothing is heavy and well oily sometimes even after washing. It has not hurt this dryer in the least. It keeps on going. I noticed also that my electric bill has dropped dramatically since we purchased this dryer. It dries clothing safely in half the time. A load of heavy dark work clothes dries in approximately 25 minutes compared the sixty with my old dryer. WOW! Bot only does that make electric bill lower but what a time saver. It is perfect for people with large families that have to multitask. I hate waiting for clothing to get done when I have a million things to do. Low price, durable, good value and saves you time and money in the long run. I give this %100 rating. Only brand I will ever buy.

Trouble From The Start

• Load Capacity:

Great dryer for the money

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We bought this dryer as a replacement for a dryer that was 20 years old. Needless to say I think the Whirlpool is pretty amazing compared to my old dryer. I think it's a great value for the money. I was originally hoping for a cheaper dryer, but this seemed to be a good middle of the road dryer. It should last us a long time. I know there are fancier models out there, but I'm happy with the features and settings on this one.
I run mostly large loads and it drys everything the first time, no need to restart the cycle. There's plenty of room. I've done king size comforters with no problems. It seems to be very durable and sturdy. It runs extremely quiet. This is my favorite feature since our laundry room is right by the living room.
While it is great to have a front loader this sits very low to the ground. As a adult I would prefer to have it on a stand, but it does seems to be the perfect height for my kids. They are learning to do the laundry, and they seem to have no trouble loading and unloading it.

• Load Capacity:

A decent quality if you need a lot of capacity

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

The Whirlpool super capacity electric dryer is a decent dryer if you need a lot of space. If you regularly wash larger loads of laundry and are tired of having to run the dryer more than once, this might be a good dryer for you. I am able to fit as many clothes as I desire in one load. Sometimes if you fill it too full and don't have the dryer set to a long enough cycle, all of the clothes will not dry. I don't think that this is a defect in the dryer, it is just something that you have to mess around with to see what size load corresponds with what duration of the drying cycle. This really isn't an issue though.
I recommend the Whirlpool super capacity dryer. I think that it is easy to use the dials to allow for quick adjustments during the cycle. It has done everything that I ask it to do. It has also been very durable so far. I haven't had any large problems with it that have resulted in a maintenance cost.
The bottom line is that this is a quality dryer if you are looking for a large capacity.

• Load Capacity:

Very Durable and dependable!

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Very Durable! My Whirlpool Super Capacity Electric Dryer has lasted over 10 years and still able to dry everything within 35 minutes (small loads) to 1 hour (large loads) depending on how large a load.
Very Sturdy not cheap plastic, light-weight feel like other cheaper dryers that are cheaply made in China.

Load Capacity
A 7 Cubic feet Drum Volume for Very Large Load Capacity large enough for my sleeping bag.

very quiet Whirlpools Quiet pack and still running great after 10 years.

Very easy to use and has large door openings for lots of clothes. Large controls are pretty straight forward unlike those newer computerized controls which are very confusing to use and not user friendly. Whirlpool is very user friendly!

Very Durable and dependable! Lasted over 10 years so far without any problems.

Typical Square and white design with Large Controls and has large front doors.

First Dryer I've owned.

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This was the first dryer that my husband and I purchased after we got married. It was just the two of us so we didn't need anything big and fancy. We just wanted a basic dryer to have available in the home when we needed it. The setup was very simple. We had it delivered and my husband set it up within 30 minutes. Even I can move it around and he taught me how to set it up if I ever have to do it myself. It's also very easy to use and does make noise when it is in use but that should be expected with any dryer. It will beep once the load is complete. If I don't want to hear the noise, I simply shut the washroom door and it's not a problem. It has the basic features and timed drying options. I usually dry all of my clothing at the maximum time limit (60 min). It is very easy to load and unload. My toddler can do it herself. It is big enough to hold and dry a Queen Size comforter. If you don't feel like all of your clothes are completely dry, just add a few more minutes. We had it for several years and only had to upgrade because our family grew and we needed something larger. I highly recommend this dryer.

average

Comments about Whirlpool 7.0 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I'd give this dryer a seven out of ten, because sometimes you have to run your load twice if you have specific items in it like jeans or jackets. However, it does get the job done to dry your clothes. I live in an apartment complex right now, so we all share the same washers and dryers. But there have been times where I have fit about two full loads in this dryer, and ALL of my clothes came come out dry and super warm. So as long as you're careful about what and how much you're drying, this will surely get the job done.

Load Capacity
You can fit so many clothes in this dryer. Like I said previously, if you load the dryer correctly you can fit up to two loads in it.

This dryer works really good and performs great, as long as you do not over stuff it.

This dryer is so easy to use. It has settings on it for drying your clothes normally, and for your delicate clothes.

This is a very durable dryer.

The design of this dryer is very simple, but it still looks nice.