Other Clothes Dryers:

Samsung 7.3 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Pros

Cons

Love It!!

This is one of the smartest purchases we have made as a married couple and do not regret spending more on a more modern appliance. We shopped around and compared many dryers prior to deciding on this particular one. Purchased this dryer due to its style and because we have had very good success with other Samsung appliances/electronics that we have purchased. It is very stylish in design and runs quietly (we do have a separate room as a laundry room making it difficult to hear in other parts of the house though). Even with the door to the laundry room open, we never really hear it running. We only hear when the melody plays that alerts us to the fact that this load is complete. We also purchased the pedestal drawer to go underneath, otherwise you would need to bend down a bit to get the clothes out (not very good for those with back issues such as myself). The storage pedestal drawer is great for added storage space and is certainly worth the extra money to purchase. This particular dryer comes with a stable shoe shelf to dry shoes inside the dryer. This eliminates the shoes bouncing around inside the dryer making a lot of noise while doing so. I love all of the options this dryer has such as the child lock features, the ability to adjust your time, the ability to adjust the heat setting, etc. The color options that are available for this dryer are also abundant and are a huge plus. The color options are there in order to match your individual decor. We have never had to contact Samsung in regards to this dryer ever. The load capacity is great! Holds a huge load and still dries it thoroughly. This feature is great for sheets, comforters, etc. The ease of use is awesome...no special insight needed to operate this dryer. We have owned this dryer for several years and have never had any issues so the durability is also awesome. We are a family of five so this dryer gets used a great deal which makes the performance and durability extra awesome. This dryer will save you money on your energy costs and will accommodate large families. It will also save you time in doing laundry as it uses a censoring drying system. This censoring drying system prevents the dryer from running needlessly and wasting your home’s energy and prevents you from wasting your money. So, this dryer may be more expensive up front, but the savings in the long run will far exceed the upfront cost of this dryer. This particular dryer has a melody that plays at the end of a cycle so that it alerts you. This is great if you are forgetful and can lead to wrinkled clothes. This dryer also has a wrinkle prevent button. You can press this wrinkle prevent button and after the cycle finishes this allows the clothes to continue to tumble so that they will not become wrinkled. This dryer is also equipped with a steam button which is great to release odors from garments. We would certainly recommend to anyone to purchase this dryer. I would not recommend this dryer if your laundry room/space is small. This dryer is rather big, bulky and heavy (if you will need to move) and not adaptable for smaller or tight spaces. The door on this dryer is also adaptable to either side which is great for all of those moves in which you do not know which way the laundry room will be set up at your next residence. This dryer of ours has been through four moves (we are military) and runs like the day it was purchased. So this dryer can also handle frequent moves which also speak to its durability. A piece of advice which can be attributed to any dryer from any manufacturer is to always clean your lint filter after each and every use. This will ensure that your dryer (which is no small financial purchase) keeps working and will last a lot longer. It will also eliminate the need to contact the manufacturer for expensive service calls. We have certainly got our money out of this product and would recommend it to anyone considering purchasing it.

Dries well, but don't rely on the sensor

This dryer when on sensor mode to dry seems to quit before the job is done. If you set it to timed dry, results are much better.

The vent for the...Read complete review

The vent for the dryer lint screen is extremely skinny and my vacuum attachment doesn't fit making it a challenge to keep clean.

Overall I am happy with my dryer and just use the timed dry feature for good results.

nice

from Jordan

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet

Cons

• Bulky Items
    • Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes

Comments about Samsung 7.3 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

It's a very good contains many and varied and has a high, easy to use and load specifications and advantages of the best buys everyone

This dryer is one of the best that I have ever had! It even dries bulky loads evenly with no wrinkles! The lint filter is large, sturdy, and easy to remove and replace. The control panel appears very clear and easy to use

I throw my clothes in, set controls, relax and get my wrinkle-free laundry!! Every time!! I'd also like to point out that the instruction manual that came with it is very thorough and helpful.
    This is one of the fastest dryers I have ever used. Doesn't seem to matter if I am drying a load of towels, a load of jeans or heavy comforters and quilts, my clothes are snugly soft and dry in no time at all.
    completely gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))):((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Not as good as their washers

Comments about Samsung 7.3 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I like this dryer, I just feel it could be improved upon a bit. Compared to Samsungs washer, it seemed not quite as durable to me.

Load Capacity
    This is the biggest complaint I would have. I can wash a large full sized load but, this dryer doesn't do so well with it. That gets frustrating. Sometimes it will take two to three hours to finally dry a larger load. I will say, it has improved a ton since I added more dryer balls. I feel you shouldn't have to do that if a product is functioning at its best but, there is still a way to make it dry better.

Overall I think the performance is pretty good. Aside from my one big complaint, this is otherwise a pretty efficient machine. I think for its price point, it's a top pick

Very easy to use.

I guess another complaint would be that we have had to replace some piece in the dryer a few times since buying it. I can't remeber what it's called because, my husband replaced it each time but, it's really cheap to buy. However, it doesn't make it convenient. I will say, we own an older home so, there is a slight chance it could be the electrical in that particular room. I wanted to add that in case others haven't had this issue.

I love the design of all the Samsung front loaders.

Nice and quick dryer

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Samsung 7.3 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I purchased the Samsung Electric Dryer at the same time I purchased the Samsung Washer so that they would match and I really enjoy the combination set. They are both front loading and look really good next to each other. Specifically regarding the Electric Dryer, I find that it works well and have not had any problems with it. I find that it dries my clothes quickly every week, which is my main concern when looking for a new dryer. I personally am not that picky about my clothes, I just want them to be cleaned efficiently and quickly, and this Samsung Electric Dryer does just that. The dryer is a good size and the load capacity is decent. I can fit a week's worth of clothes and linens and towels so that I only need to do one load on a typical weekend. The drying performance is good so far. There are many functions that this dryer can perform and I look forward to trying all the different functions out, but the main simple function of drying is easy to use. So, if you are someone who wants something simple, then this dryer offers that as well. I hope that this dryer will be as durable as my old one.

Great for Household

Comments about Samsung 7.3 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

My husband bought this Samsung 7.3 cu.ft. Electric Dryer to complement our Samsung Front Load Steam Washer. The load capacity is very okay as it dries laundry very quickly after washing. The performance is quite amazing. The clothes to be dried should be sorted before drying so that shrinking does not destroy some clothes. It has happened to me before when my tops was so shrinked that it can only fit a doll. It is easy to use as well and can be adjusted accordingly. It is very durable and can be used for years. The design is sleek and elegant as one will expect Samsung products to be. It is made of stainless steel and a glass door that keeps steam out. I don't really know whether the dryer consumes more energy than the washer but I know both of them are contributing to the increment in my energy bill. I will recommend this to large families in addition to their washer for a perfect laundry experience.

• Load Capacity:

An excellent dryer that leaves clothes clean and dry

Comments about Samsung 7.3 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This dryer is excellent. I owned one of these in my old house, and let me just say, I absolutely loved it. The design is stylish, and this machine works very well. I could always look forward to receiving a batch of nice, warm, dry clothes. However, sometimes my clothes would come out a little damp, so I had to toss it back into the dryer. Though that is a little bit annoying, this Samsung dryer is still very nice and usually does the jobs perfectly.

Load Capacity
    I usually tossed into it a weeks worth of clothing - 9 t-shirts, 2 hoodies, 2 pairs of jeans, and a bunch of socks and underwear. All of that fit without any problem, and I can estimate that triple that amount might still be able to fit. It is not a mountain-sized dryer. It is an average sized dryer that should be the right size for most people.

This dryer is great. It tumbles the clothes around for an hour and they come out nice and clean afterwards. I just remembered - the times that the clothes came out slightly damp was when I used to speed-dry function...so beware of that.

Another Great Samsung Product

Comments about Samsung 7.3 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We bought the Samsung Electric Dryer since we are the big Samsung product fans and hae never had any disappointment so far. This machine is wonderful and has been prove to be of great help. It drys the clothes with ease. Most important factor about the machine is that it does not make any noise while its running. The various settings I love, specially the steam functionality through which clothes doesn't smell bad (as it happens when they doesn't get dried especially during rainy season).

It also has the setting so as to prevent clothes from getting wrinkles. The finishing chime is very soothing to ears.

Load Capacity
    Since it is bigger in size, the loading capacity is wonderful

One can not ask for more from a dryer

Since it is non-noisy and its starts with button press, its is so easy to operate use various features

So far it has not disappointed me (also Samsung brand is here to stay)

Very pretty design. A little big but one would not feel shy to keep it in open for sure.

Love It!!

Decent Dryer

from Portland, TX

Comments about Samsung 7.3 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

For the price, this dryer should have a lot more features than it does but it does do the job that it is expected to do. It dries clothes in an adequate amount of time, while looking stylish and saving some space in the laundry room. The dryer is a nice size within and can hold many pieces of clothing. There is a special sensor which works (most of the time) and senses once the clothes are dry and automatically shuts off. This is nice because it saves time and money but I am not sure the price is worth it. Another nice thing about this product is that there is storage space below the dryer. I like that I can hide away my detergent and dryer sheets underneath the dryer. That is one feature that most dryers do not have and it is a newer concept to the market but definitely a bonus. The sleek black and white design match my laundry room perfectly and does not look tacky. I would recommend this dryer if it came with a smaller price tag.

• Load Capacity:

I couldn't be Happier with my Samsung DV210AEW Electric Dryer!

Comments about Samsung 7.3 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This is our first front load dryer and I couldn't be happier! I've noticed a drop in my electric bill, the jeans take significantly less time to dry than my old dryer. The sensor that detects if your clothes are dry is right on point. I'm very happy with the amount of clothes this dryer can hold. The wrinkle release actually works! It has the option of how dry you would like the clothing to be. This is very helpful as I can set it to damp dry and then come back later at a time when I'm ready to fold and hang up the laundry. This results in less wrinkles and less ironing!

Load Capacity
    This dryer has a nice large capacity.

It does everything that one expects from a dryer. I'm still looking for one that will fold and stack my clothing!

Very straight forward. Lots of setting options but easy to use.

I have had my dryer for over two years now so I can't really give an accurate rating for a longer time period yet.

I love the design, what more can I say?

• Load Capacity:

Dries clothes fine, but not sure how much the sensor does

Comments about Samsung 7.3 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I purchased this dryer as a floor model with full warranty back in July. I had a very old machine before this, so it was quite an upgrade. I hoped that the sensor would help me reduce drying time and that it would be a little more efficient than my old machine. Whenever I use the sensor, it takes the machine about 40 minutes for a load that is full in the matching washer and then it plays the music, letting me know that it's done. Often, I check the clothes for dampness and about half of the time I have to add time to the machine. If I use the sensor dry then it just stops after a minute or two, even though some of the clothes are still dry. Other than that, the machine is great. It has great load capacity and is easy to use. I just hope that the computer system does not die on me. That was one advantage of the older machines with pure mechanics and without the headaches of having the fancier LED displays and such that we have.

My only complaint is how the sensor dry does not detect damp clothes about half of the time.