Other Clothes Dryers:
WED9150WW
Whirlpool Duet 6.7 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Whirlpool Duet 6.7 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

• Load Capacity:

Whirlpool Duet's 6.7 cu. ft. Electric Dryer Rocks!

When our last dryer broke down we decided to purchase the Whirlpool Duet 6.7 cu. ft. Electric Dryer and I'm so glad we did!

I truly can't think of a bad...Read complete review

I truly can't think of a bad thing about this dryer. It does a great job getting everything, including comforters and heavy winter coats, dry in no time at all.

We have literally dried every imaginable heavy duty item in this dryer with no problems at all. We have huge fleece blankets that we use in the winter and these tend to soak up water from the washer, this is no problem with this dryer as it spins it dry in no time at all.

I also really like that this is very programmable and the instructions are super clear. This dryer is also super quiet and I literally have to be right next to it to know that it is on at all.

I would highly recommend this dryer to people who do a lot of laundry (we do 5 plus loads a week) and also to people who have to do a lot of heavy duty wash that can require super long drying times with other dryers.

i hate this dryer

I have had this dryer along with the washer for several years.  I hate it.  I can wash all of my towels in one load then have to split them up to get them dry.  I have had service people out here several times and they always say there is nothing wrong with it.  I loved my old dryer and always am mad at myself for getting rid of it.  This dryer holds no more than a regular dryer.  I hate the sensors on this dryer because the machine is always turning off before all the clothes are dry.  It takes at least 2 + hours to dry a load of towels and the machine is constantly turning itself off before all the towels are dry.  The only reason I keep this machine is because I can not afford to purchase a different one since this one coast me over 1,000 when bought about 5 years ago.  If you have a choice in which washer/dryer set to buy I would not recommend the whirlpool duet anything.  I hope this is helpful

Whirlpool Duet's 6.7 cu. ft. Electric Dryer Rocks!

from Grand Rapids, MI

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

• Bedding
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Heavy/Bulky Items
    • Towels

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 6.7 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

wow it's very good and have a new features

from Jordan

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Large Capacity
    • Spins Clothes Dry

• Delicates
      • Everyday Clothes

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 6.7 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

It's a very good contains many and varied and has a high, easy to use and load specifications and advantages of the best buys everyone

This dryer is one of the best that I have ever had! It even dries bulky loads evenly with no wrinkles! The lint filter is large, sturdy, and easy to remove and replace. The control panel appears very clear and easy to use

I throw my clothes in, set controls, relax and get my wrinkle-free laundry!! Every time!! I'd also like to point out that the instruction manual that came with it is very thorough and helpful.

I purchased the Samsung Electric Dryer at the same time I purchased the Samsung Washer so that they would match and I really enjoy the combination set
      ><>< it's great . Oh my god

This dryer is really roomy and very much worth the cost.

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 6.7 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This dryer is so incredible, we dry a lot of heavy loads with towels and lots of delicates as well and they always come out super dry and no damage to clothing whatsoever, there's no dampness left over.

Load Capacity
      My wife likes to get everything done in as few loads as possible and we usually only need to churn through a few loads a week with the room inside this one. It's capacious well desired, excellent.

Our clothes dry quite thoroughly and so quickly as well. Our clothes come out so soft and warm, it's almost like a little massage getting dressed with clothes fresh from the machine.

The buttons all align with easy to read modes and cycles. Everything lights up to show it's running properly also.

We've moved ours into the garage from the laundry room a few times and had a few run ins with the walls and doors. It still hums quietly and dries with pristine perfection.

We're really into the design, the front load is also very functional.

A great efficient dryer!

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 6.7 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I love love this dryer! I don't think I would switch unless I had needs for a bigger family at this point. It's functional and looks good. It works like a charm and has never given me any issues.

Load Capacity
      Definitely doesn't hold as much as the bigger models but it's perfect for a smaller family.

My clothes always come out dry and the sensor does a wonderful job judging that.

Probably one of the easiest control panels I've ever seen on a dryer.

I've had this machine for over 3 years now and it hasn't given me a single issue. Easy to clean the vents out and everything too.

I love how this looks. It's modern but still feels retro to me. The set stacks together perfectly. They take up very little space stacked and look great.

Love it!

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 6.7 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I have no complaints for my whirlpool electric dryer! Many clothes dryers on the market today are made very poorly. This one however, is a high quality product! It will dry a full load in around 40 minutes and can hold a lot of clothes. Since it is a front loader, it can be stacked with the accompanying washer, which is a fantastic space saver! Since my ceilings are too low to do this, it makes the top of the dryer very useful to set things on, such as your dryer sheets. Every so often the lint screen will need to be cleaned, but other than that, this is a low maintenance appliance. This is an easy product to use and all of its features can be learned in a few minutes. Installation was also a very quick process. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who needs a new dryer! Whirlpool has always been a great brand and continues to prove themselves with products like these.

Good Dryer

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 6.7 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We bought this as a stackable to go with the washer. We loved the machine, it is a good machine for the cost. We had cost and space constraints and it seemed to be one of our only options. While this machine has done it's job and it still seems new, we recently had an issue with the washer portion of this duo. I think that has tainted my view some and am now worried about the longetivity of this item as well. That aside, it holds a lot. We have little ones, so we use this item regularly...pajamas, comforters, stuffed animals, tennis shoes. No problems yet. I've done big and small loads and it does sense the dampness of most items pretty decent. Occasionally, with certain material types, it needs to have more time added because they are still damp. I like the options for heat, item type, duration, etc. I do not have any complaints. I do like the sleek design. We have a new washer arriving next week, different style and different brand, so it won't have quite the packaged "wow factor" that it had before, but still I love the design on it's own.

• Load Capacity:

This dryer is a workhorse!

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 6.7 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Temperature control is key when it comes to a clothes dryer. This Duet dryer is a keeper for its ability to get clothes dry and keep them soft, without wrinkling or excessive shrinking. We're pretty careful in our family not to put everything in the dryer, because you are just asking for problems when you try to take shortcuts with wool and other fine washables by tossing them in. So I state as a disclaimer that we are very careful about that. So what we do ask of this dryer is to keep our regular clothes, towels and other washables nice and that it does!

Load Capacity
      No issues at all. The drum of this Whirlpool Duet dryer is spacious.

This is probably the best dryer we've owned (in 30 years of marriage). Granted the technology during that time has come a long way. The variety of settings allow you to have a great deal of control over customizing the cycle for the type of clothing you are drying.

We have our Duet dryer stacked on top of our washer. Very easy to get clothes in and out that way.

No repair issues yet. We inherited this dryer when we bought the house in early 2012.

Love the design - everything about it.

Best dryer ever!

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 6.7 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

My old dryer had broken and I had had it for so long I was lost when deciding on which new one to buy. I came across this one and i am so glad I bought. I have saved so much money and I have never been happier. I even bought the matching washer after being so satisfied with the dryer.

Load Capacity
      We have a family of six so you can imagine we have tons of laundry. Our older dryer we could only put a small loud but this one we can do a big load making laundry time cut way shorter and an easier process.

Amazing! The dryer beeps when the clothes are dry and never has it failed to be correct. It has yet to shrink any of my clothes which is a huge plus.

It's a pretty simple process. Takes about an hour depending on load side which is not much at all. Smaller loads take like twenty minutes.

Not once have I had any problem and I've had mine for six months. Nothing has broken and everything works as though its still brand new.

I love the design. I love the round door. It's cute and its not too big which makes a relatively small space work good.

• Load Capacity:

The best dryer we've ever owned

from Haslett, MI

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 6.7 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We got this dryer a little less than a year ago, and we love it. It is quiet and fast and efficient. It was actually really well-priced, so it is a great value for the money. It has a built-in sensor (our old dryer did not), so it continually measures the amount of moisture in the clothing and will adjust the dry time accordingly. This is great because we never have to deal with opening the dryer and finding still-damp clothing, and if the clothes dry quickly (which they tend to do, since our washer spins the water out of them fairly well), the dryer shuts off sooner. There is a time estimate displayed on the front of the dryer that is pretty accurate and reliable.

Load Capacity
      Matches the capacity of my washing machine well, so whatever I can fit into the washer, I can fit into the dryer and not worry about over-filling it.

Very good performance - as I said, we never have damp clothing at the end of a dry cycle.

VERY easy to use. Just turn the dial to select the clothing type, and push 'start'!

• Load Capacity:

A nice looking, however semi undurable item.

Comments about Whirlpool Duet 6.7 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

It was a rather attractive dryer when i first saw it. I decided I would purchase it as it was aesthetically pleasing. However, after a couple dozen uses, I realized that it was starting to rumble a lot more when drying my clothes. So far, I haven't had to make any repairs and would recommend the dryer to others if they are willing to take the chance.