3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher provides sanitary clean and QUIET!

Three years ago I purchased a new home and got a big, pleasant surprise in the kitchen. The kitchen was remodeled two years prior to buying the home. That included new appliances that were beautiful from a stainless steel beautiful side-by-side, outside, water and ice fridge to a smooth top electric range and built in large microwave. There with all the high tech appliances was a little black Whirlpool Gold dishwasher. It looked good but was not up to par with the other appliances.  I knew that in a year or two I would probably have to replacing the dishwasher with something more modern. But the kitchen was beautiful from the new hardwood floor, cherry wood built-in cabinets, back splash, counter tops and absolutely fantastic pantry. This was my dream kitchen. The stainless steel fridge was my delight! The convenience and energy efficiency for ice and water. You want crushed ice - you got it. The inside had all the compartments you could want in the fridge or freezer. This was a dream kitchen and the only thing I would need to change probably in a year would be the dishwasher.  I had a surprise in store for me.

My lowly little Whirlpool Gold, soon to be trashed (recycled) - is still working away after three years. I didn't think it would last more than another year after I purchased the home. It has nice compartments for glasses, silverware, etc. You can move the inside compartments around like most dishwashers. I could do heavy cleaning, light for glasses, etc., but it was nothing special. The dishwasher is still going strong! I could not believe it. It cleans and sanitizes dishes, glasses, pots and pans, etc. like it was new.

My prize fridge has had to have two service calls and every six months a new water filter installed, which is not cheap. But my littl Whirlpool Gold is going on like it was new. No noise, no shaking, and I still have the cleanest dishes, etc. you could ever wish for. When (IF) this one ever gives out, I'm going for my next Whirlpool.

In my 60 plus years I started out by handwashing (awful) dishes to three to four dishwashers and none of them were a Whirlpool. The last one prior to my Whirlpool Gold could move with the best of them and the noise was so loud our dog would howl.  Now I can load the dishwasher all day and at night turn it on and go to bed. It doesn't shimmy and dance and it is absolutely quiet - absolutely energy efficient.

This is my first Whirlpool and my next one (whenever this one gives out) will be a Whirlpool.  This is definitely My Whirlpool Gold!

horrible

This whirlpool dishwasher came with the house we bought. It is probably the worst dishwasher Ive ever used. It has never done a good job washing our dishes. 9 times out of 10 the dishes on the top wrack would come out dirtier than when they first went in. It didnt do that great of a job cleaning the dishes on the bottom either. We tried using different detergents but they didnt help. Lots of our glassware was ruined after coming out of the dishwasher. Plus the tray in the bottom tends to get reallly nasty if any loose food settles in it. It would make more sense if you could pull the tray out and just dump it in the trash, but it doesnt come out so you have touch that nasty stuff with your bare hands. We no longer use the washer, hand washing works better and they come out clean the first time not the 2nd or third.

Way too loud.

from Richmond VA

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

Though this dishwasher does fine for basic washing and moderate use, I found that it was just too loud to handle. I wear hearing aids and I thought it was excessively noisy, so that should really tell you something. It isn't a spectacular enough dishwasher to make up for that kind of sound. It was just too disruptive.

Noise Level
As I mentioned, it was just far too loud for my taste. It was loud enough that it made it hard to hear the TV from a room away.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time is pretty average, maybe a hair slower than I would prefer.

Loading Flexibility
I had a little trouble fitting everything even when I wasn't cramming it full. I wish it were a little easier to fit things into it.

Performance is pretty average. Sometiems I had to rewash items with heavier stains on them.

The design isn't really anything to write home about. It's not really unattractive and not really pretty.

It did hold up pretty well against our heavy use. We used it at least once a day, oftentimes twice, and it stayed strong.

Whirlpool Built-in

from Flint, TX

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

This whirlpool built-in was the dishwasher that the builder installed into my kitchen when we bought our new home. I did not get the select the one I wanted but I really have no complaints with this one except that the silverware basket is too small for all the silverware that I need to wash at one time. So I ordered one just like the basket in my machine so I could double the capacity. Now I havve no problem with washing all of my silverware at the same time. I do think Whirlpool should put large silverware baskets into their machines because the cost of purchasing one by itself seems too high. This dishwasher is moderately quiet but because my kitchen connects to the living area with an open wall, it is sometimes difficult to hear the tv while washing dishes. Therefore, I have to make sure that I do dishes while my hubby is at work and not leave it until the evening. Otherwise, I am happy with the job that this machine does for my household.

Not too hot...

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

Ok, so this dishwasher is all right considering the benefit of the smaller size which is what I needed but I really can't say it compares to my son's workhorse that I observed in his home.
That thing cleans like a monster chewing food off the dishes. This one you have to kind of babysit. One thing I discovered recently is that I hadn't been using hot enough water to get the dishes clean. My hot water heater gave out on me and was only producing warm water for awhile. It took me a bit to realize that was the culprit. I ended up getting a new hot water heater and when I used the dishwasher after that, wahlaa, beautiful sparkling dishes. So I guess really hot water is what is needed to make these dishwashers clean your dishes really well. Makes sense. The other thing as I stated earlier is rinsing dishes off helps. But my son can load his with chunks of food on and never rinses and his turn out beautifully. Why can't they make a smaller dishwasher that works like that? Some people live in smaller homes and apartments and need to save cubboard space so they can't have these monster dishwashers. So, as I stated if I rinse the dishes off and make sure I"m using hot water I have a pretty good result. I also use liquid dish detergent and don't overfill. When I used powder the lid on the cup got glued shut from the gummy detergent and wouldn't open during the cycle. One other major point is placement of the dishes. If you don't place your dishes so that they are fully open to all surfaces being cleaned some areas are blocked and water can't hit them. This is what I meant when I said I have to babysit this dishwasher as I've had to open it and check to be sure that all surfaces of dishes are getting cleaned and sometimes have had to readjust the dishes. The monster dishwasher my son has doesn't seem to have this problem. So I must say my dishes do get clean but I wish I didn't have to fool so much with them to get to that point.

Cleaning Time
Don't put it on Pots and pans and they get clean sooner.

It gets this rating due to the fact that it's smaller.

Have had to have a couple minor repairs.

not the best

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

Even though we were happen to get this dishwasher with our house, it isn't always the best at cleaning. There have been times, especially with drinking glasses, that we have had to wash them by hand, after they went through the dishwasher. There's a decent amount of clearance between and top and bottom racks, and I'm able to fit the crockpot comfortably in the bottom along with other pots and pans. I can also fit my 16 qt stockpot on the bottom with plenty of space to spare.

Noise Level
Makes quite a bit of noise while running through the wash cycle and well as the dry cycle.

Cleaning Time
I usually run it on normal and don't do a pre-wash because I hate how long it takes for it to complete a cycle. I almost never let it run through the dry cycle in order to save on electricity.

Doesn't always clean the items on the top rack well.

Average machine. Easy to use and turn on. If you overshoot the option you're going for, you have to go all the way back to the beginning and start again.

• Loading Flexibility:

A great easy to use dishwasher

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

Most rental homes come with a dishwasher, so I never really get to pick one out. I have moved so many times in my life that I almost feel like an appliance expert! When we first moved in I was skeptical because the dishwasher had been there for a while and looked kind of old. I also noticed that there was a lot of settings (water temp, cycle length, heavy, delay start etc.) that a lot of your basic dishwashers don't have. We tried out using it with dishes that were just rinsed off, but still had food and residue on them and they all came out clean. I noticed that a lot of people have had issues with dishes not coming out clean, but sometimes that is the soap and not the dishwashers fault. I never had a problem with that. It does run kind of loud, but most older appliances do. I would recommend this to someone who needs an easy to use and efficient dishwasher, and doesn't want to shell out too much money.

Bad for dishes?

from Prior Lake, MN

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

I haven't had a lot of experience with several different brands of dishwashers, but I don't find this one very acceptable. We've put up with it for several years now, but I don't think I'll be able to take much more. We run it probably every other day but so often, I'm disappointed when taking the dishes out of it. Water spots, dried food stuck to dishes and filmy, white residue and cloudiness that I can't seem to scrape off the pots and pans, glass cups and now our plates. We have cleaned the dishwasher, removed any food from the bottom, scrubbed it out, used rinse agents, you name it, but with only small benefit. I would rather wash the dishes by hand to know they're getting cleaned but don't always have the time. I'm not sure if the dishwasher is strictly to blame, but I am wagering on buying a new one to see if we get better results. Probably won't be getting another Whirlpool though!

Noise Level
It's not extremely noisy by any means, but can get bothersome when watching a movie in the other room.

Dried food, white residue, cloudiness, dirtier dishes than before they went in.

Gets the job done

from Taylorsville, NC

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

I am not thrilled with this dishwasher, but you get what you pay for! It is very loud, which is my worst complaint. I will say that almost all of the time my dishes did come out clean which is the important part anyway! So if you are looking for a quiet machine, this isn't it. If you want an inexpensive option for automatic dishwashing, go for it!

horrible

from Murfreesboro, TN

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

Saves water, washes GREAT!

from Petaluma, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

We replaced our old(!) portable dishwasher with this Whirlpool Energy Star built-in model when we redid our counter tops. We LOVE it!

The dishwasher is easy to load and unload, and it really gets the dishes, even pots and pans, really clean.

It is slightly noisy, but compared to our old monstrosity, it whispers.

The black color blends in well with the new black granite counter we installed. While it isn't the fanciest looking dishwasher out there, it is attractive and well-priced.

The very best feature of this dishwasher is the Energy Star certification. It uses far less water than our old model and it does a much better job!

My husband was looking over our water bill from the same time last year and he was amazed by how much our water usage had gone down. The only change was the new dishwasher. That's reason enough to get this dishwasher, in my opinion.

All in all, we are VERY satisfied with this dishwasher!

Cleans Disher great!

from Pikesville, MD

Comments about Whirlpool Built-in Dishwasher:

The 24" Whirlpool dishwasher is gret and a must-have in a large family when there are more dishes than any human being could ever continuously wash by hand. Despite this, the dishwasher is Energy Star approved and does not use as much energy as you would think. That gives it bonus points in my book. The dishwasher works very quickly and efficiently, using less water as well. I think washing the dishes by hand may actually use more water than this dishwasher does. One downside is that it gets extremely noisy, even if for a brief period of time. Also, it doesn't have a true digital readout and that makes it a bit annoying. However, the dishwasher is generally inexpensive when compared to similar dishwashers with the same features. Overall, I would recommend the 24" Whirlpool dishwasher because it does a great job cleaning and is an overall very effective and efficient machine comparable to other dishwashers with the same features. It gets the job done like nothign in its class!