2.5
DU945PWSQ, DU945PWSB, DU945PWSS
Whirlpool Built-In Dishwasher

Whirlpool Built-In Dishwasher

2.5

inexpensive but does the job well, and has durability

from Stevens Point, WI

Pros

Cons

Comments about Whirlpool Built-In Dishwasher:

We purchased this a few years back, and I know that if someone is looking now, it may even be a used item-- I'd still be researching just to check its reliability!  I enjoy this dishwasher!  It isn't the most quiet item, but sure is less noisy than a vacuum???  Really, it's in our kitchen and I've never had to shout over it to have a conversation when using it!  I wanted a dishwasher that had the silverware rack in the door and big enough to do a load every day to every couple days for a family of 5.  I do like to run it on the 'pots and pans' cycle and heated dry just because I always kind of worry about being clean enough?  I don't usually have any problems with stuck on food, although again, I will rinse things off.  I use Cascade, and can tell when the rinse agent (jet dry) is in need of refill.  Cascade pacs were not available when we purchased this and sometimes I do add a little extra powder to the pre-wash dispenser area when I have heavily soiled dishes, mainly thinking the greasy ribs/chicken or when there's red pasta sauce involved.  Again, not because I've had a whole lot of trouble with the dishwasher doing its thing, but more because I would rather not have to rewash them if it doesn't!  I truly feel that this was an excellent purchase for the price and we had recently purchased other white appliances.

Noise Level
        I've heard quieter, but not often.

Cleaning Time
        Pots and pans wash cycle is pretty long, but I'm probably over washing in fear that they may have to go an entire cycle again if not clean?

Loading Flexibility
        I do still love the space and the silverware tray in the door vs interior shelf.

Only occasional residue on the glasses, usually means I need to add more rinse aid.

Blends in, which is what I wanted.

It's 6 years old, I've only had some tines loosen, but overall I very used appliance that has fared well.

• Noise Level:
        • Cleaning Time:
        • Loading Flexibility:

DO NOT BUY THIS DISH WASHER!!

from Deltona, FL

Comments about Whirlpool Built-In Dishwasher:

This is the worst dish washer I have ever owned. I've tried power, liquid and tablets for detergent (Jet dry too) and no matter what the dishes always have a white film over them. Silverware too. Its just terrible. I've had it almost a year and I would like to just replace it.

I wish I could give it LESS than one star. My advice is DO NOT BUY this dish washer.