Other Popcorn Poppers:
West Bend
West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker

Summary

Pops 25% more popcorn than other poppers using the same amount of popcorn and LESS OIL
Non-stick coated popping surface
Built-in butter well
Cover flips to become a serving bowl
Exclusive motorized stirring rod
Heat-resistant handles and base
1000 watts, 120 volts, AC only
UL listed

West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

The Stir Crazy Corn Popper pops perfect popcorn every time!

I recently purchased a Stir Crazy Corn Popper- and I am thoroghly impressed!  For years I simply used bagged popcorn- and I am constantly burning it- or I am  left with tons of unpopped popcorn! I then tried an air popper- and I was frustrated that none of the salt I sprinkled on top would stick!   I then turned to the skillet- which I never could master- being that I couldn't see what was going on, and it was tricky getting it flipped over and into my bowls!

When I saw the Stir Crazy Corn Popper- and I knew it was a keeper!  It has a clear bowl which allows you to see whats happening while the stirring rod stirs your popcorn allowing every seed to pop!  There is a butter well at the top of the popper which you place butter in and it slowly melts all over your popcorn!!  When the popcorn is popped it shuts off automatically so you don't burn any popcorn!  Amazing!  No more burnt popcorn!  You simply put a cover over the butter well, flip it over and you have a bowl of popcorn ready to be devoured!  Cleaning your Stir Crazy Corn Popper is so simple - it makes you want to pop popcorn every night!  Save your money- because now you can have movie theatre popcorn in your own living room!!

I highly recommend this product to anyone who loves pop corn!  This is the only popcorn popper I will ever need in my house!

save your money!

Read my performance description to get ab idea of why this would be a terrible purchase.

I would tell anyone who is thinking of buying this item to rethink it and save your money. First of all this takes up so much space no matter where you choose to store it. It is extremely messy when using it I dread even thinking about getting it out. I think putting regular popcorn in a brown paper bag in the microwave is better than trying this. I thought it would be fun to get out for my kids but it was more of a pain than anything else. It seems flimsy and cheap.

Settings/Features
Very cheesy and does not have many features to change.

Not too bad to clean the item but horrible mess it makes.

I would never even give this to someone if it were free. I just do not think it is worth any money to buy this, there has to be better makers out there that are around the same price that can do a better job and are easy to use.

Very poorly made, seems like cheap plastic. Would be surprised if it would last after just a few uses if you can get over the mess it makes.

Great Popcorn Maker!!!

from Ohio

Comments about West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker:

The West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker is a real winner in my house, we love it! The lid on the popcorn maker serves as a bowl for the popcorn after it's ready which is most likely my favoite feature this baby has! It pops really quickly and does a nice job popping all of the kernels equally. You don't have to use a lot of popping oil when using the West Bend Popcorn Maker which is fantastic because the popcorn tastes way better and is way more healthy for you not to mention you are saving money on the oil, too! I probably use my popcorn maker about twenty times more than I had anticipated when I first bought it. It works and although it is expensive, I guarantee you it is not at all cheap. It is very durable and it's always fun to use it when I am making popcorn at home. The popcorn also tastes better tto me than popcorn you would get out of a bag. The West Bend Popcorn Maker definitely has my vote of approval!

My favorite snack!

Comments about West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker:

I love popcorn, be it buttered or salted or flavored salty and sweet. This popcorn popper makes it easy to pop up a fresh snack whenever the mood takes me. A little bit of oil and some corn and plug this baby in. I can smell the oil and hear the kernels popping already! When you cook popcorn in oil, it lets the salt or seasonings cling better to the finished product than if you just air popped. Sure it isn't as healthy, but this popcorn popper does the job right. Instead of doing it on a hot stove, it does all the work for you.

Occasionally the spinning blades inside the dome might get stuck on a small kernel or piece of popcorn, but besides that this popper does exactly what it is supposed to do!

Settings/Features
There are no fancy doodads or features, but is that really such a bad thing?

Cleaning can be a bit of a chore, since you have to wash it without submerging. And if you make any candy flavored popcorns it is even harder.

You don't get much easier than this! Measure your oil, your kernels, put on the lid and plug in.

My popcorn popper is still working after over 10 years. I seriously love this machine!

Awesome popcorn maker!

Comments about West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker:

I have owned this popcorn maker for over 2 years. The popcorn comes out fully pop each and everytime. I got tired of shaking the pot over the stove to get great popcorn and I got tired of paying too much for microwave popcorn so I decided to try this out. The only downside since having it for over two years is the top part is sort of melted due to the high heat that comes from the skillet part but even still its going strong.

Outstanding as it pops a full batch of popcorn each and everytime.

Settings/Features
No off switch as you will need to unplug it in order for it to stop stirring.

Cleaning is simple but you want be able to clean the whole unit due to the electrical station. Wish you could separate the skillet from the unit itself.

Easy to use

Over 2 years of use and its going strong. Only the top is somewhat melted from the high heat of the skillet.

I've had two of these.

Comments about West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker:

I've had two of these. Not because the first one just stopped working or it was bad. Ii dropped it a couple of times. Same with the second one. It's not the design. I am clumsy and used the popper a lot. I stopped buying them because I can't bare to break another. It gets an 8 because you have to use a lot of oil in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I like oil but it's not particularly healthy. I love that the lid can act as a bowl for the popcorn. I don't like to do dishes but I did wash the popcorn maker and had a bowl to eat out of every time. Roughly every day.

Never let me down and never burned my popcorn like that crappy microwave stuff.

Settings/Features
East simple settings. Don't need anything too complicated to pop up some popcorn.

I do not like cleaning but cleaning this was pretty easy. The lid was a tad troubling to clean just because of the ridges. Other than that it is a snap!

Stupid easy. Oil, popcorn, turn on, come back when you hear popping, turn off when when popping slows.

Can't survive 2 catastrophic falls. LOL

• Settings/Features:

I'm crazy about this Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker!

Comments about West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker:

My husband and I make popcorn on an almost nightly basis, and this is our most trusted popcorn popper. We have bought (and broken) nearly every other brand on the market, some of which were much pricier than this dependable model. This is the top of the line, as far as we're concerned! It seems to pop up the corn much fluffier than microwave or air-popped corn, and it always tastes better! I would highly recommend this for times when you want the best popcorn and aren't just looking for a quick fix. When you're in a major hurry, of course it's easier to throw a bag in the microwave and be done with it. This does involve clean up, but in our opinion, it well worth a little effort to have the best possible popcorn every time. It produces a great product every time we use it, and it seems like a higher percent of the kernels actually pop in this (as opposed to other methods) so we're not wasting any valuable popcorn. You must buy one of these!

Perfect corn every time!

Settings/Features
Maybe not that many bells and whistles, but there's less things to go wrong that way.

Not a easy task, but worth it!

We've had ours for years!

• Settings/Features:

Stir Crazy - perfect name, pour in popcorn and stirs like crazy.

Comments about West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker:

We love this machine. Perfect popcorn everytime. Can put butter on if you wish. Hardly any mess to clean up. So easy to use.

Performs great everytime. We are popcorn lovers and we have it about 4 times a week.
Tastes delicious, evenly popped in such a short time.

Settings/Features
Settings, what settings. Just plug it in, pour in your oil and your popcorn, put the top on and let it pop. Stirs up the kernels as it pops the corn. Features are terrific.

Super easy to clean. Wipe off with soap and water, rinse and your ready to go again.
How much easier can it be.

Simple, simple, simple. Not much to do to make some of the best tasting popcorn. Plug in, pour in oil and popcorn, put on cover and let it go. Add butter to top of cover to have the ultimate popcorn.

Has lasted us for quite a few months. This is our second one and we have been using the Stir Crazy for years. Just don't drop it on the floor, our first on cracked, but we duck taped it and it lasted for a few more months.

• Settings/Features:

Best machine for the perfect bowl of popcorn!

Comments about West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker:

I was in the market for a popcorn maker with which I could use oil and butter and the West Bend model was just like the one my dad used to have years ago. It's SO amazingly efficient---just use the provided chart to measure the oil, kernels, and butter for the amount of popcorn you want and the stirring arm makes sure there aren't any unpopped kernels! Use the lid as a bowl, and you can take out the arm to clean the popper afterward. Popcorn tastes just like what you get at the movies!

Every time I use the popper I get the same results no matter how many quarts of popcorn I make. Every kernel gets popped, the stirring arm never gets stalled, and the popcorn always tastes the same.

Settings/Features
I follow the directions to put the kernels and oil in the base and put the lid on straight before plugging it in, and it heats up nice and fast.

I just have to wait for the base to cool before I twist the knob in the center to remove the stirring arm and clean it with a damp soapy rag and then carefully rinse it under the tap. Everything goes right back into place afterward to make another perfect batch next time.

As long as you read the directions, using this maker is a snap. Use the provided chart in the booklet to measure out the right amount of oil, kernels, and butter for whatever amount of popcorn you want, make sure to put the lid on the right away before plugging it in, and as long as you stick by it to listen for the kernels to almost stop popping so you can unplug it right away nothing will burn.

I got the maker a few months ago, in September 2013, and made a medium-sized batch every week. On Halloween I did a double batch with the most amount I could pop at a time, then a few days before Christmas Eve I did four small batches in a row to make candy popcorn as Christmas gifts for my relatives and the popper made every batch perfectly without anything going wrong.

• Settings/Features:

Not the same quality of the ones of old.

Comments about West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker:

Popper has an awful odor and is also in the taste of the popcorn. I'll be contacting the company as to why this is happening.

Settings/Features
I do not like the newer lid which has beveled handles compared to the flat ones of old which were easier to hold onto, especially with buttery hands.

• Settings/Features:

Great really does the job!!

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker:

I purchased and own the West End Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker 82306 and I truly do love it and am very happy I made this purchase. I will never forget when popcorn poppers first came out and how happy I was when we got one. You can not get better popcorn than fresh air popped popcorn. One of the things I remember about being a kid is how good the popcorn was before microwave popcorn came out and ruined it. Thanks to this West End Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker I still get fresh popcorn and it is so good. I made my daughter popcorn with this machine and she has never gone back to microwave popcorn. This popcorn popper is very easy to use and the popcorn that it makes is so delicious. Also this popcorn popper is easy to clean and to store in a cabinet. I would certainly recommend this popcorn maker to all of my friends and family and to anyone who remembers how good popcorn was before the microwave stuff came out. Take a walk down memory lane and you will not regret it. The price for this popcorn maker is pretty reasonable as well.

Great for Movie Night!

Comments about West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker:

We love watching movies, especially in the movie theater with a big tub of popcorn. When we watch movies at home, we have had trouble finding popcorn to match that movie - theater taste. The microwave just wasn't cutting it. We bought the West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker 82306. Here are the comparisons between the West Bend Stir Crazy Popcorn Maker and the microwave: the popcorn maker has a larger capacity, it can make about double the amount of popcorn as a microwave in the same amount of time. Secondly, it has a built in butter reservoir, so the butter is more evenly distributed. The wand that spins along the bottom ensures that there are less "unpopped" kernels. Lastly, the top flips right over into a stirring bowl which is super convenient. A couple negatives: the machine itself is bulky and larger than most popcorn makers, so storage does present a problem. Secondly, the bottom part of the machine is a hassle to clean, especially with the oil.