Other Popcorn Poppers:

Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

Easy to use, great results!

Presto Microwave Popcorn Popper (Powerpop) is great! After I got one, my Nephew, age 8 wanted one. So he asked for one for Christmas! It works with or without the paper disks that go in the bottom, is dishwasher safe, and can be wiped out between uses. I LOVE it!  I always find the paper trays at Wal-Mart.  I use the popper as a bowl so I don't have to dirty another one.

a non essential item

I have had this popcorn popper sitting under my cupboard for many years . When I first got it as a gift , I did use it frequently but it has been gathering dust for awhile now . There are pros and cons to this popcorn maker -first, of all , you can make microwave popcorn without having to spend more on the 3-pk microwave ready bags such as Act II , Orville Reddenbacher, etc which can get pricy . Also, many of those ready to microwave bags of popcorn are loaded with partially hydrogenated oils which is a turnoff to me . With this air popper ,choice of canola oil or another healthier oil is optional but you can also air pop without oil if you like a lighter, less oily taste and want to watch calories .
The popcorn does come out light and fluffy but can be rather tasteless if no oil is used .
Before I got this popper , I used to heat oil on a stove and cook the corn kernels the old-fasioned way , but I think microwave popcorn , using just a bag of kernel corn and a brown paper bag in the microwave comes out just as good . I just toss some dry kernels in a bowl - drizzel with olive oil and a dash of salt and coat . Then I toss all in a brown paper bag, fold the top down and cook til you can no longer hear "pop" - to me , the end result is even better than using this popper . If you like gadgets and extra appliances around and have the space , this one performs adequately , but as I said , a brown paper bag method works as well as better .

Super cheap price and works way better than expected!

Comments about Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper:

Overall this popper works wonderfully and is so much cheaper per serving than prebagged microwave popcorn. Fresh tasting!

Works way better than I was hoping for!

Not much to it!

Dishwasher safe - quick cleanup!

Kids can even use it but do not overcook!

Been using this unit since early 2013 without any issues!

It gets the job done.

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper:

I have owned many different popcorn makers in the past and the Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper stacks up well against them all. The design quality of this machine isn't next level, but it seems that it will last for several years. It's essentially a two part contraption, which consist of a clear top that twist and locks into a black base bowel. A concentrator disk sits in the base of the bowel. Load the popcorn on the
concentrator disk, lock in the top, and heat. I put the microwave on 5 minutes and when it was done most of the popcorn was popped. There was about 8-12 kernels that didn't pop. I'm not sure if that's because of the time, but I don't think I can increase the time with out burning the popcorn. The popcorn came out looking like nice fluffy clouds. Clean up is easy and can be done with a paper towel in mere seconds. I would highly recommend the Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper to anyone.

• Settings/Features:

Cute popcorn maker for the kids to enjoy

from Chino, CA

Comments about Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper:

Once my kids were old enough to watch movies at home, I wanted to buy them a popcorn maker to get them excited about the idea of watching movies at home. I went with this Presto power popper because it got better ratings than some of the other ones. Although the design is not as cute as the nostalgic looking ones, it works very well. I wanted a machine that would be able to pop all or at least most of the kernels. A lot of the less expensive popcorn poppers usually leave a lot of kernels unpopped.

Works very well at popping most of the popcorn kernels.

Settings/Features
It doesn't have a lot of extra settings or features, but I don't see a need for that since all you really want is your popcorn to get popped!

It's just like cleaning a big bowl, so it's very easy to clean.

You don't even have to read the manual to learn how to use the machine. It's pretty self-explanatory.

I've had this popcorn popper for about 6 months and haven't had any problems thus far.

Works Great!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper:

The Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper is a product that works great! This is a great alternative to buying microwave popcorn because it can be used with any bulk popcorn. Not are the savings on buying bulk popcorn compared to microwave popcorn packs amazing, the quality of the popcorn you get is much superior. I was surprised at the difference in taste with popcorn popped in the Presto PowerPop compared to microwave popcorn. Furthermore, by buying your own bulk popcorn, you can really control what you put into it. You can control the amount of oil, butter, salt, flavors, etc. that you really can't control when you buy prepackaged microwave popcorn bags. The machine is really easy to use and fairly easy to clean. Overall, because of these reasons - the price (savings when buying bulk popcorn), the quality (taste of popcorn you make), and the customization (ability to control your popcorn), I would recommend this.

Microwave popcorn popper

from Redmond, WA

Comments about Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper:

I adore popcorn...not so much the oil and salt though. I had an air popcorn popper but for some reason did not like it either. I discovered this microwave popcorn popper about 5 years ago. I love the way it makes popcorn. I have almost worn the thing out and it just might be time to replace it....with another Presto PowerPop. I can't imagine any other microwave popper working any better.

Since it is made of plastic, it is a bit hard to clean and the plastic after many years of use has yellowed.

Works great

from Knob Noster, MO

Comments about Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper:

This microwave popper work works great and is much healthier than the pre-packaged popping bags. I especially like using it with with coconut oil.

This popper pops almost every kernel consistently so no more throwing away half of the popcorn as duds.

Settings/Features
the cooking pads are a little messy and a specialty item but can be re-used several times as long as you use it regularly.

warm soapy water clean up works great.

Use only in the microwave; be aware you need to adapt cooking time for different wattage units but once you are familiar with your microwave, it is a cinch..

It is made of hard plastic so handle as such and you should have no problems.

Great tasting popcorn.

from Sparks, NV

Comments about Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper:

I have always liked this particular way of making popcorn. We own the stove top metal unit, the air popcorn maker, and this one. The fact that you have to hunt down the little discs that go in the center is its drawback, since the stores don't always carry them, or the employees know what we are talking about.

The ability to make several batches of popcorn in different flavors quickly is very appealing. Some times the kids get creative with all sorts of seasonings. A quick wash and the unit is ready for something more traditional.

Settings/Features
Simple to use. Put the disc in the middle. Add the required amount of oil and seasoning. put the measured kernels in. Cook in microwave.

It is hard plastic. Soap and water and a sponge is pretty much all you need to keep it clean.

You may find some hairline cracks after a few years. Scratches are common. It does not affect performance.

• Settings/Features:

Popcorn Lovers agree...great product!

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper:

I was a bit apprehensive about trying the Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper after receiving it as a gift. I am a huge popcorn fan who loves traditionally made popcorn on the stove with oil and butter. While I enjoy microwave popcorn, I am not fond of the preservatives and added calories and low microwave popcorn tastes like cardboard. While not perfect in taste, I do enjoy the ease of using the PowerPop and the multiple times you can reuse the inserts. I can add flavorings and butter if I wish or leave it plain and it still tastes good. Easy to use and a low calorie, high fiber snack that is cheap and healthy without the mess of a traditional airpopper's flying kernels! What's there not to love? The only down fall I see is that the top layer gets a little soggy from the condensation that builds on the top. If you open the popper right away and let it sit a little bit, it quickly dissipates.

I have owned mine over 10 years and it still works great!

Makes poppin' a breeze!

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper:

This is a fast popper, that gets the job done right! It is lightweight, stays cool to the touch, is easy to assemble and clean and is not too expensive. The only thing is buying the extra hubs can be a pain, and we wish the bowl was a tad bigger for our family!

Settings/Features
Easy to operate, as long as you figure out your microwave!

Very easy to clean!

• Settings/Features:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Presto PowerPop Microwave Multi-Popper:

This is a useful tool to make "air popped" popcorn in the microwave. It cleans easy and is very simple to used. My biggest issue is that I have a difficult time finding replacement inserts for the heating tray.