Other Popcorn Poppers:
Whirley-Pop
38003R
Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper

Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper

Pros

• Easy to use (3)

• Settings/Features:

Perfect popcorn in three minutes for pennies

The Whirley Pop popcorn popper is the best corn popper I've ever owned, and I've had several different models.

Whirley Pop is a stove top popper. It's made of very light weight metal, but it holds up just fine. It's thin to heat quickly and pop the corn fast, so it will be fluffy. There's a lid with small air slots to keep the moisture from making the corn soggy. Then, there's a handle to whip the corn around as it's popping. It's really a rather simple machine, but designed just right for perfect popcorn.

The biggest plus is that the popcorn turns are so tasty. It really is similar to movie theatre popcorn. It's the best home popcorn we make here.

For anyone concerned about health or about calories, it takes very little oil to pop with the Whirley Pop. You can go with as little as a teaspoon. That's not a lot of oil considering how much corn you can make in this popper. It will pop up to 6 quarts. We don't usually fill it up, because it does make so much. The corn is fine to bag and save though. It keeps much better than most stove top corn.

It's easy to use the Whirley Pop. You put it on high with oil and corn. Turn the crank while it's popping. The handle is made of wood and doesn't get hot. In three minutes you have popcorn. That's as quick or quicker than microwave popcorn.

If you are using microwave popcorn, then that gets expensive. Bagged kernals are very cheap. Plus a bag of popcorn will make a whole lot of popcorn. I haven't measured and done the math, but I know it's a huge savings.

I got the Whirley a few years back. We've really loved it. It's fun to make Whirley Pop corn, and it is very tasty popcorn.

Mostly novelty, but better than microwave popcorn.

I was intrigued by stove poppers like the Whirley-Pop, and at first I even enjoyed the flavor of the popcorn over air popped. Over time I grew bored of the mechanical stirring and frustrated with the increasing difficulty in cleaning. I do still prefer the popcorn it produces over microwave popcorn, but there are much easier methods to achieve similar results.

It does its job fairly well, once you get the hang of it.

Settings/Features
There really isn't anything settings-wise, and it only has one purpose: popping popcorn. The only settings are heat, and that is controlled by your stove.

The first few times seemed to clean really well, but as scratches from the popcorn and the occasional scorch caused damage it made it increasingly difficult to clean. Oil residue builds up over time as well and is difficult to fully remove without scratching the metal.

It's fairly straightforward, but the execution sucks. If the rods are at all bent or most of the popcorn is popped, expect resistance. Heating the oil can take a lot of time, and you really don't want to overheat it or it will burn the popcorn. You must watch over the whole process (for obvious reasons) so you can't just let it pop unattended like microwavable bags or even air poppers.

Nothing has broken technically, but the stirring rods can bend after a few uses and the gears aren't exactly high-grade.

Review popcorn machine

from Constantine algeria

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy to Use

Cons

• Burns Popcorn
  • Difficult to Clean

• Buttered Popcorn

Comments about Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

Popcorn machine wonderful as the modern strategy and ease what distinguishes it from the rest of the popcorn machines that rely the old way, and what I did not like where it is plastic, and it is better than iron and thank you

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great popcorn maker!

from Plattsburgh, NY

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Pops All Kernels

• Buttered Popcorn
    • Healthy Popcorn
    • Movie Nights

Comments about Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

I love this popcorn maker,it is easy to use, easy to clean and fun!! The instructions are simple and easy to follow. I use 1/4 cup of popcorn for just me, or 1/2 cup for 2-4 of us. I hardly ever have any unpopped kernels. It only takes 3-5 minutes to make fresh delicious popcorn!

I not only would buy it again I've bought 3

from Drakesboro, Ky

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy to Use
    • Pops All Kernels

• Healthy Popcorn
      • Movie Nights

Comments about Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

I love this device! It allows my family to eat popcorn a lot cheaper. In addition to saving money it is also healthier to eat because there are not preservatives like microwave popcorn.

My husband and I LOVE this popper

Comments about Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

We love the whirley-pop in this household. We don't buy microwave popcorn. We prefer to make it ourselves without all the chemicals that are put in microwave popcorn bags. Our favorite way to use the whirley-pop is making kettle corn. It makes the sweet popcorn perfectly sweet and keeps the sugar evenly distributed without burning the sugar. I wouldn't make kettle corn any other way. The whirley pop is so easy to use. All you have to do is add oil and the popcorn and turn the crank for 3 minutes over medium heat. Or medium-high if you use an electric oven. Our first whirley-pop lasted for an entire year before it started falling apart. The parts of the popper that help keep the long metal piece moving around and stirring the popcorn actually started coming off and wouldn't stay on very well. So we bought a new one. But I just recently found out that if I had registered the first one, we could've gotten a new one for free. If you register it with their website you get a lifetime warranty on it. Wish I'd known it before.

It is pretty easy to clean, but it's a little awkward with the top piece because of the shape.

The best invention ever!

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

My family eats a lot of popcorn. when you use microwave popcorn it gets expensive quickly. In addition to the costs, I worry about the preservatives and chemicals in microwave popcorn that my family is ingesting on a daily basis. A friend suggested this, and not only does it save on money its healthier for the family too! An added bonus is you can also buy different flavors of popcorn to flavor your homemade popcorn and buy oils that make it taste as if you are in the movie theatre! I haven't burnt any popcorn with this device though I often did with microwave bags. In addition the costs of popcorn has significantly decreased in my household, the popcorn tastes better AND its healthier! I plan to buy a second one soon because I love it so much! I would recommend this for anyone who loves popcorn!

Works like a champ I love it! I still cant believe how much popcorn it pops at once!

Settings/Features
      The only thing you have to do is spin the crank which is easy and fun for the whole family to take turns doing.

Very easy to clean just wipe it out with a paper towel.

Couldn't work easier.

It works well and has lasted us for quite some time I plan to buy a second, not because im afraid the first will go out, but simply so we can make double batches!

• Settings/Features:

A Popcorn Lovers Dream Machine!

Comments about Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

You will love this is you love popcorn. Brings back the good old days when popcorn was popcorn and not fluffy cotton out of a microwave bag. Trust me popcorn lovers. You will be delighted with your purchase.

Honestly does not get any better than this. I am a big fan of movie theatre popcorn but this beats even that. The delicious texture and flavor make it tough to quit eating it.

Settings/Features
      Throw in the oil, drop in the kernels and then hear the sizzle and pop as you swish and get ready. I have had occassions whereby every single kernel actually popped.

Does require some cleaning as would any appliance that includes oil. As long as you don't burn the corn and keep an eye on things you will be fine.

I think a big part of the popcorn making is the fun of doing it with someone else. It's easy to use and you can hear when you get to the end. Very little waste and great popcorn crunch. Perfect texture every time.

Very durable. Tough and meets the demands of the popcorn fanatic. Eat all the popcorn you want. You will be absolutely thrilled that you made this purchase. If you like strong, durable equipment, this one is top-notch.

• Settings/Features:

Whirley-Pop---butter or oil ?

Comments about Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

As a child, my dad popped popcorn on the stove top every Saturday night. He loaded it with butter!!! Yum!! He did it the "old-fashion way" by using a large pot on the stove top and shaking it back and forth ( while my brother and I waited for what seemed like an eternity for him to call out that it was ready). So, of course popcorn is still one of my favorite snacks! My husband bought me a Whirley-Pop for Christmas five years ago and I love it sooo much. It takes me back to my childhood. The Whirley-Pop stove top popper is such a simple design, it is amazing how great it works. Most people pop their popcorn using a little oil but my husband loves for me to use butter ( a man after my own heart). It really taste good with oil but the butter reminds me of dad's popcorn. Just melt the butter on medium low so it does not burn, once the butter has melted, pour in your popcorn and turn the heat up to medium to medium high. It is ready in about three minutes. All of the kernels pop every time!! Easy cleanup, just wipe the Whirley-Pop out with a paper towel. If you want a more thorough cleaning, throw it in the dishwasher. For all the popcorn lovers out there, buy the Whirley-Pop!!!

• Settings/Features:

Makes the best tasting popcorn ever!

Comments about Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

I have always preferred stove top made popcorn over microwave and even over those air poppers! There is just a wonderful toasty taste to it that is hard to duplicate. This stovetop popper makes it so easy to do just that. It is practically foolproof and my popcorn never comes out burned.

A Must for Popcorn Lovers

Comments about Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

I received my Whirley-Pop popcorn popper as a gift nearly two years ago. The friend who gave it to me claimed it was the best popcorn popper in the world. I admit I was skeptical of that claim. But guess what? He was right!

I have an electric range. When I use medium heat, the results are excellent. Sometimes I don't even have one un-popped kernel! That's pretty amazing. The popped corn is not burned either.

Settings/Features
      Part of the beauty of the Whirly-Pop is that is a pretty basic popping machine. A handle turns a piece in the bottom of the pan that keeps the corn kernels moving, thus preventing burning. Medium heat should be used on the range top. The lid is hinged and will lift on either side.

I simply wipe out the pan with a paper towel and shake out any hulls after use. It couldn't be easier!

Easy! Place the Whirly-Pop on a burner set on medium heat. Add a small amount of oil and the popcorn. Slowly turn handle until corn is popped.

From all indications, I expect this product to last for many years.

Makes delicious popcorn!!

Comments about Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

Okay, I'm an absolute popcorn addict, so every time I go to the movie theaters, I always have to get myself a large tub of popcorn. I really wanted to buy a popcorn popper so I could eat popcorn at home as well, and it would also be more convenient and cheaper so I decided to buy the Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper. I thought it was going to be bulky and extremely heavy since it was metal, but it was actually really light! I put this on my stove top and after I made my popcorn, it tasted amazing and just like the ones in the movie theaters! I hate how kernels are left over so when I noticed there were minimum kernels in the popcorn popper, I was very pleased. Popcorn made in the Whirley Popcorn Popper also tasted much better than the ones you put in the microwave. One little con of the machine is that it's a bit hard to clean, but I don't mind that part. As long as the popcorn tastes excellent, I have no problem with it!