Other Popcorn Poppers:
West Bend
PC10651
West Bend Aluminum Stovetop Popcorn Popper

West Bend Aluminum Stovetop Popcorn Popper

I love this stovetopp popper!!

from Grimes, IA

Comments about West Bend Aluminum Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

I had this popper in the back of my cupboard for a couple of years before I finally decided to use it. It makes great popcorn, and a large batch, perfect for a small family. And it makes popcorn so fast!! Once it starts popping, it is done in seconds!

I found a kettlecorn recipe online, so I tried it with this popper. After a few tries to get it right, it makes a perfect batch of sweet yummy kettlecorn. On movie night, we pop a few batches into some big bowls and we are set for the movie. It turns out perfect everytime, and clean up is so easy. All the parts of the popper go right in the dishwasher after it cools, and its clean for the next time.

The pot does discolor from the heat but does not affect the performance.

Making popcorn from scratch is so much less expensive than microwave popcorn, and is healthier for you, as you can limit the oils and salt.

It makes a great gift too. My son wanted one for his family for Christmas, so I gave it to them, and they love it too. Everyone loves popcorn, and this does it great!!

Stovetop popcorn popper makes the best popcorn

from Goshen, IN

Comments about West Bend Aluminum Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

We are big fans of stove-top popped popcorn.  If you've never had it, you're missing out.  We like our west bend maker a lot.  It has proven to be durable - and it's gotten lots of use.  The best thing about having this stovetop popper, is that you can add flavorings to your hot oil along with the popcorn to make different varieties of popcorn.  An example:  add a few tablespoons of sugar after the oil is hot, then add popcorn and you have hot, fresh kettle corn!  We often make popcorn on our stovetop for guests because so few people have the stovetop poppers it is truly a treat for them.  The popcorn pops well and it allows you to serve it piping hot.  If you are calorie or fat concious, you might want to stick to your air-popper, since this one does use oil to pop the corn.  Also, don't expect to be able to clean this real well after you've used it a bunch.  The hot oil leaves a harmless residue that seems impossible to remove.  It does not affect the function and taste, so it's all good.  We'd recommend this to anyone.

Pops up fluffy popcorn everytime

from Jupiter, FL

Comments about West Bend Aluminum Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

My family loves popcorn. I don't utilize the microwave popcorn products because of health concerns. West Bend Stovetop Popper provides my family with a consistent, fluffy, popcorn product each and every time it is utilized. I use less than 2 tbsp. of canola oil and 1/3 raw popcorn in the pot. It is suggested that one use 3 tbsp. of oil but it is really not necessary. If you don't mind waiting and  listening for the initial "pop" of corn to start stirring vigorously, it is both a fun and rewarding thing to do with your family. Also, one must put the pot on average heat so that it doesn't burn. You will be rewarded with a consistent, delicious bowl of popcorn if you follow directions. I have also used many types of popcorn from standard to gourmet brands  in this popper and all have performed well .  It's easy to clean after popping as well. I usually wipe it out with a damp paper towel to remove oil residue and kernel skins. It is inexpensive. You can find it just about anywhere. Get ready to enjoy some delicious popcorn with this inexpensive, consistent product.