Other Dog Foods:
Dry Dog Food
Wellness
Wellness Chicken Super5Mix Formula Dry Dog Food

Wellness Chicken Super5Mix Formula Dry Dog Food

Expensive food but all natural ingredients.

Comments about Wellness Chicken Super5Mix Formula Dry Dog Food:

We have tried several brands from Purina to Iams, and all other big name dog foods. This is a natural, fresh, and organic option that our dog has grown to love. She likes the chicken and a beef flavor. It has whole grain rice, and poultry is the first ingredient on the list, leading me to believe it is all natural, and a healthy option for our pet.

Quality of Ingredients
All ingredients are natural, and ingredients used are organic. It is a healthier option than other dog foods on the market, and it does not use a variety of fillers and preservatives which is generally the case with other dog foods we have purchased.

Flavor Selection
I have only seen three or four flavors at my local pet shop. I have purchased the chicken and rice and the beef and rice. Our dog prefers the chicken and rice. I can't speak on other flavor blends, but in comparison to other major brands, this dog food brand doesn't offer as many flavor options to choose from.

• Quality of Ingredients:
  • Flavor Selection:

Wellness Dog Food has made a difference

from Evanston, IL

Comments about Wellness Chicken Super5Mix Formula Dry Dog Food:

We recently adopted our dalmatian from a shelter. Who knows what she has been eating for the first 2 years of her life, but now we only feed her Wellness Rice and Lamb dog food. We realized soon after having her that chicken does not agree with her. We decided to switch her to Wellness as it has so few ingredients and also has a lamb and rice flavor. After slowly incorporating this into her diet, we started to see her very senstive stomach accept this food.

The only issue I have with the Wellness brand is that it is so darn expensive. WAY more than even Science Diet. So, I actually tried to make a gradual change to a less expensive, but still very well made brand. She did not digest it even half as well as the Wellness Rice and Lamb. So, we are back to spending a ton of money on dog food, but have peace of mind knowing this is the best food for her. We are very happy with the Wellnes brand of dog food and hope to feed her this for many years to come.

Wellness is a fantastic dog food

from Reading, PA

Comments about Wellness Chicken Super5Mix Formula Dry Dog Food:

Recently, after taking the time to look into dog food ingredients, my family and I decided to change things up. We had always fed our dog, Riley, Nutro. That's what we were given and that's what we always knew. However, looking more into it we found just how much of a difference the first ingredients make.

After that, we turned to Wellness. She loves it. I can't sit here and say it changed her personality or she looks healthier, but i know I am giving her the best possible and it helps me knowing I am doing something special to ensure she lives a long, healthy life. Sure, it is a bit pricey but what is more important: saving a few bucks per bag or helping a member of your family in the best possible way you can? Riley deserves the best and I'm sure your pets do as well.

Wellness' top ingredients are meat. It's much better than ground up byproducts and whatever else can be mashed and thrown together.

my dog loves this food

from Satsuma, FL

Comments about Wellness Chicken Super5Mix Formula Dry Dog Food:

My small dog was having seizures on a regular basis and her vet wanted to put her on medication.  We were very uncomfortable with the idea of her being on medication for the rest of her life, so we explored other options.  We found that other families had great success with this brand of food.  We tried the food about 2 years ago and she has not had a seizure since.  We like the fact that the food contains natural ingredients with no fillers.  We have switched our big dog to the senior variety and she is doing great for an 11 year old terrier.  We hope to have both our dogs with us for many years to come since they are now eating healthy food.  We have recommended this food to our friends and they have also switched their dogs.  It is a great company that is producing a quality product which is rare these days.  We have also bought wellness brand treats for the dogs which they love.  Our little dog loves the chewy jerky treats.

one, if not, the best brand on the market

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Wellness Chicken Super5Mix Formula Dry Dog Food:

I've had my dog on this brand since he was 9 months old. When he arrived from the breeder, he was on Purina Puppy chow - probably one of the worst foods on the market. Wellness is one of the best foods on hte martket. To this day, Bailey, my pembroke welsh corgi, is happy for his meals. He never turns up his nose to this stuff and eats is happily. Even as treats. Well, he is doing great on it too, teeth, coat, stool, you name it. It has no byproducts, corn (which is SO prevalent in other dog foods), fillers, and is made with human grade ingredients. What more can you ask for? All that I want to tell folks is that, do your research and do not feed to your dog what you would not feed to your child. Supermarket brands like Iams, Science Diet, Purina, Ol Roy, and even Royal Canin and ProPlan  - all have BAD ingredients and are cheaper. But think about it, in the long run you will feed them less (read the bag), and you willk save on the vet bills!

Wellness Dog food has transformed my Dogs whole life!

from Arlington, TX

**Wellness Dog Food Changed Our Dogs Life**

My dog "Jellybean" is a Rat Terrier and going on 13 years of age. She was over weight and was beginning to show sign's of stomach and allergy problems. After many test and the vet coming to the conclusion that she had to loose weight and change her eating habit's, because as far as everything else she was considered very healthy. He suggested that we change her food to Wellness Super5mix Healthy Weight and after she got to a suitable weight to change her to one of the Wellness Complete Health Super5mixes. We followed his advise in full and were very satisfied with the results that were seen.

The Wellness line of products offer a foundation of healthy and nutritiously rounded diet for your pet. That includes real-foods such as de-boned natural meats, wholesome grains as well as fresh fruits and vegetables. This line of products do not include by-products, animal fats, corn, soy, wheat, artificial food coloring, flavorings or preservatives that are potentiality harmful to our pets. The variety of natural products that are used in the wellness brand provide the appropriate balances of protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that our pets need to produce energy, and a happier,healthier and much longer life.

Since the change to Wellness products, our dog "Jellybean" has maintained a healthy weight, shown great improvement in energy and has found her playful side again. Her stomach issues have almost completely resolved, with the exception of the occasional flair up when fed something she should not have eaten. But along with the exceptional improvement's I noticed a very important one, before when she was eating other dog foods, she was irritable, agitated, and ofter acted as if she didn't feel well, and since the change in her diet, she has had a happier demeanor with all, she does not become as easily agitated and more often than not makes strong demands to be played with. Wellness has provided my dog with an overall and excellent improvement in health and well-being.

I love the Wellness Brand of Pet Food Products and would highly recommend it to any dog or cat owner that is searching for a wonderfuly healthy product for their own pets.

Wellness Chicken Super 5 Mix or Super Treat?

from Los Altos, CA

Comments about Wellness Chicken Super5Mix Formula Dry Dog Food:

My dog gets this and the small breed formula from wellness and she loves both. I think she may like this one more because of the chicken flavor. Personally I prefer the taste of beef but I guess she does not take after me on this one. The ingredients are all natural and don't have any of the other bad or filler items that lesser and cheaper dog foods contain.

I can actually take individual kibbles and pretend they're treats to my dog. She'll do tricks for them all the same as if I were giving her a Cesar's treat or something else. Muahaha.

The cons of course would be that the Wellness brand overall is more expensive than other dog foods (mostly). But you get higher quality food for your family member and I wouldn't give anything less than what I thought was good. It's not to say that other dog foods are bad, just this is better. I would recommend this brand flavor to any dog owner out there.

MY DOG LOVES WELLNESS SUPER 5MIX!

from Aiea, HI

Comments about Wellness Chicken Super5Mix Formula Dry Dog Food:

MY DOG LOVES THIS FOOD!!!  SHE IS REALLY PICKY ABOUT HER FOOD AND I HAVE TRIED TONS OF DIFFERENT BRANDS AND WASTED ALOT OF MONEY ON EXPENSIVE DOG FOOD THAT OUR VET TOLD US TO TRY AND MOST TIMES IT DIDN'T WORK OUT. OR IT WAS JUST NOT WHAT MY DOG WANTED TO EAT EVERYDAY. SHE WOULD MOSTLY EAT SOME AND THEN AFTER WHILE SHE WOULDN'T EVEN TOUCH THE FOOD. MOST OF THE DOG FOOD WE TRIED SHE WOULD SNIFF AT IT AND THEN WALK AWAY. SHE WOULDN'T EVEN TAKE A BITE OUT OF THE FOOD. AND IF SHE DID SHE WOULD GROW TIRED OF IT. IT WAS A REAL STRUGGLE TRYING OUT DIFFERENT TYPES OF DOG FOOD AND FINDING THE RIGHT BALANCE. I DON'T LIKE TO KEEP CHANGING HER DOG FOOD SO I DECIDED TO LOOK ONLINE TO SEE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF DOG FOOD AND THEN I CAME ACROSS THE WELLNESS BRAND. I READ ALL THE REVIEWS AND IT SEEMED TO HAVE MIX REVIEWS BUT THEN AGAIN EVERY DOG IS DIFFERENT AND THIER TASTES ARE DIFFERENT TOO BUT THERE WERE REALLY GOOD REIVEWS SO I DECIDED TO TRY IT. I READ REVIEWS ON THE WELLNESS AND SAW THAT ALOT OF DOGS THAT WERE PICKY LIKE THIS FOOD. SO I DECIDED TO TRY IT. MY DOG TOOK A SNIFF AT THE FOOD AND THEN A BITE AND BEFORE I KNEW IT SHE ATE THE WHOLE THING! SHES BEEN EATING THIS DOG FOOD FOR OVER 3 MONTHS NOW AND I WILL BUY MORE!

My finicky dog loves his food!

from Apopka, FL

Comments about Wellness Chicken Super5Mix Formula Dry Dog Food:

I have been feeding Wellness dog food to my two dogs since they were born.  I have two Silky Terriers.  One is 3 years old and the older one is 10 years old.  Since they were puppies, they have been eating Wellness dog food.  I like the fact that it is holistic and made with natural, quality ingredients.  I don't want to feed my dogs food that is filled with byproducts and unhealthy fillers.

I like Wellness dog food is easy for my small dogs to chew and to digest.  They love the taste and the flavor.  Meal time is never a problem in our house, even with two finicky dogs!  I feel it is worth spending more money on a food that I know is high quality for my animal friends.  I want to extend their lives as long as possible and enable them to be full of energy and frisky.  I like that I am able to buy Wellness dog food in a large bag.  With two healthy eaters, I need to always make sure that I have enough dog food on hand.  As a busy mom, I don't have the time to go out at the last minute to replenish their supply.

Look at the ingredients, the dog food speaks for itself!

from Chandler, AZ

Comments about Wellness Chicken Super5Mix Formula Dry Dog Food:

When the recent animal food "scare" came about, I was terrified that my pooches would get sick.  I did hours of research and found Wellness dog food, which has a complete, balanced blend of ingredients that prolongs the healthy life of your animal.  If you read the ingredients, this food speaks for itself!  The best part is that my finicky eaters gobble it right up...they love it!