4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Excellent dog food. The best I have ever used!

This is the best product I have ever used for my dog. He is my sweet baby, and I want him to only have the best. This food has everything he needs in a perfect balance to protect him as he grows. The protein content is perfect to keep him a good weight and to protect his growing bones and body. I started feeding this to him as a puppy because the protein content was not too high that it would cause him to grow to fast and develop bone problems as an adult. He is now eighteen months old and is strong and healthy. It is still great to feed to him because it has the protein content to make him energetic and happy. His coat is beautiful and shiny. We tried changing to a different food and he developed allergies, so it was back to Orijen, and I won't be switching again. Thank you for the best dog food made today!

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients are all human grade and it is great to know that my dog can eat the food and be perfectly safe. No by-products or garbage, just good food for my dog!

Flavor Selection
There are not a huge amount of flavor selections, but the flavors they do have are great for the dog and he doesn't really need a lot of variety because the existing flavors are great.

Didn't work well

I'm am giving this dog food a three because it didn't go well with my little babies. I purchased the food because the food I usually buy has been making my dogs sick so I figured I would try this since it is supposed to be great for dogs, but that was definitely not the case because it did not change anything with my dog. They ate it the first time then refused to go near it after that. Therefore, it is a big waste of money.

Quality of Ingredients
While, my dogs did not enjoy the food, I'm giving the ingredients a ten since that is the main reason that I bought the food. If you read the ingredients, you will see that everything that is listed there is supposed to be great for the dogs.

Flavor Selection
I'm giving the flavor a low review because it only comes in like an original flavor, and while at first I did not think that, that would be a big deal it apparently was because like I already said my dogs did not like it one bit.

Didn't work well

Perfect for all breeds!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Orijen Adult Dog Dry Dog Food:

I first found Orijen Adult Dog Dry Dog Food at a local pet supply store in my town. The bag caught my eye with its bright colors and also because I had never heard of it before. I took a moment to look at the bag, and its ingredients and overall quality convinced me that it was a must-buy for my dogs. This dog food is perfect for all breeds and sizes. My dogs seem stronger and healthier ever since I switched them to this food. It's expensive, but the nutrition and quality is worth it.

Quality of Ingredients
I have honestly never found another dog food brand that has higher quality ingredients or more nutrition than Orijen Adult Dog Dry Dog Food. My dogs have shinier coats, appear stronger, are more active, and are just in better overall health since I have switched to Orijen dog food.

Flavor Selection
Orijen provides about three flavors that I know of. That's quite average in my opinion. I started my dogs off on the all chicken formula which they loved. I am thinking of having them try the red meat formula next.

Comments about Orijen Adult Dog Dry Dog Food:

When I got my puppy last fall I started doing a lot of research on what kind of dog food to feed him. I knew that most national brands were awful so I wanted something that was really healthy for him. I was also looking for something that was manufactured in north america and where the ingredients were north american. I kept finding great reviews on Orijen and so I decided to try it. Orijen is an amazing dog food. It is literally the best food you can buy. It is naturally balanced to fit a dogs needs. They use only the highest quality ingredients and they are all North American. It is manufactured in North America to the highest standards. It's grain free and biologically appropriate. Not only that but my dog loves his Orijen, he is happy and excited when I fill up his bowl. It makes me feel good knowing I am feeding him something super healthy, that I am supporting our economy to the fullest, and that I am making my dog a happy guy.

• Flavor Selection:

Best dog food around, no... seriously!

Comments about Orijen Adult Dog Dry Dog Food:

Orijen dog food is a great food for dogs. Actually it is fantastic! This dog food is filled with high quality ingredients that is good enough for my senior rat terrier and my post IVDD surgery mini dachshund. Both of my dogs had issues with their kidneys after the chicken jerky debacle. I was sure I would have to make my own food- until some thorough research led me to Orijen. My two dogs kidney enzymes leveled out, their coats are shiny and they are in great health. I love this food- and so do my fur babies.

Quality of Ingredients
I think you would be lucky to find another dog food that has such high quality ingredients. I am really impressed with Orijen dog food. My dogs have done great with this food. It is super expensive- but it is MUCH cheaper than the vet bills I paid from giving them crappy dog food. Its all about where you choose to spend your money- prevention or after care!

Flavor Selection
There are maybe three to four flavors of Orijen (I could be wrong) not a huge selection. We switch between the all fish formula and the chicken and fish formula. I have not tried the red meat formula.

• Flavor Selection:

Best dog food I have found.

Comments about Orijen Adult Dog Dry Dog Food:

Awesome, awesome dog food. I used to feed nothing but raw food. My dogs are incredibly healthy and fit. When I went back to work I had to find something a bit easier to use in the morning. Of all the dog foods I researched and tried on the boys, this was by far the best. The ingredients are awesome and I feel I am feeding a complete product that is healthy for them. There are no cancer causing agents in this food like ethoxiquine etc. I feel very good that I they are eating this.

Quality of Ingredients
This food is the best I have found in terms of healthy ingredients. It is made in Canada where laws about ingredients are much more strict. It has nothing in it I don't want and tons of ingredients I do want and the kids love it.

Flavor Selection
My dogs love, love this food and each and every one of the flavors. I like to alternate the fish blend with the Whole prey. All 5 dogs wolf (no pun intended) either one down. I am actually considering getting those dishes that force them to eat a bit slower.

Awesome

from Ashland, OH

Comments about Orijen Adult Dog Dry Dog Food:

I feed this to my dogs three times a day. They absolutely love it! We were recommended to this dog food because both of my dogs had allergies to something in our old food we were giving them. This food has made their allergies go away and keep their coat nice and healthy. I highly recommend this food to any dog owner who wants their quality of food to be exceptionally high.

• Flavor Selection:

Excellent dog food. The best I have ever used!

• Flavor Selection:

Orijen is an excellent quality dog food

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about Orijen Adult Dog Dry Dog Food:

After doing extensive research and comparisons, I settled on Orijen Adult for our two year old golden retriever. The ingredients are all high quality, there are no cheap by-products or fillers, and the company has an exceptionally good reputation among those who are familiar with premium dog food brands.

Now that our dog is on Orijen, I couldn't be happier with the decision to swtich his foods. He's active and at a great weight, his coat looks fantastic, and his trips outside produce more compact and less offensive-smelling stool. I'm an Orijen fan for life.

Orijen is Bar None My Favorite Dog Food

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Orijen Adult Dog Dry Dog Food:

Orijen Dog food is bar none our family's favorite dog food. We have 2 dogs, a 1.5 year old Weimaraner and a 2.5 year old Lab, and we feed this food to our Weim. As anyone with a high energy level dog knows, it can be hard to keep weight on your dog. Especially one as muscular as a weimy...even though he is as lazy as they come, he still burns energy at an amazing rate. If only I could be so lucky! However, we have found that Orijen not only keeps his body looking fit, it also has made his coat shinier, and he does not seem to be pulling the "starving for food" motions of constantly pushing his dog bowl around, looking for more, like he would do when we fed him other foods. He actively chows down on this, so I can only assume that he likes the taste. The smell is inoffensive and really just smells like cheeze-its, so Im not complaining. I like the fact that this food does not suffer the multiple recall fates that many others in its category seem to suffer. I would recommend this food for anyone with a dog that needs the higher protein and calorie levels.

Best dog food on the market!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Orijen Adult Dog Dry Dog Food:

I know how it is, you want the best for your four-legged baby.  After the massive pet food recall in 2007, I'm astounded at how many people are still supporting the companies that killed thousands of pets!  Orijen is locally sourced, without any imported ingredients.  There are no grains, no fillers and each bag can be traced back to its source. In the winter, they run low on the six fish formula because the lakes in Canada freeze and it's harder to catch the fish.

If your dog suffers from any kind of food allergies, give Orijen a try.  Those prescription diets contain ingredients that are probably making the allergies even worse!  While this is an expensive food, note the feeding guidelines.  Because it's grain-free and calorie dense, you feed much, much less a day, making the cost equivalent to the crappy brands like Science Diet and Purina.  Give your pooch the best and get him some Orijen, he'll thank you for it!