4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

GREAT QUALITY ..the BEST!

If you want your dog to get the very best in nutrition and less fillers and nasty by- products, choose this dog food. It's a cut above the rest.

First...Read complete review

First rule of thumb when shopping for dog food is to shop where you DONT shop for your food! Think about it- would you get your own food from a pet food store ?! Most brands in the supermarkets are the old stand bys , very well known for cheap fillers . Check out the first ingredient. That is usually the most telling.
Get to a good pet food store and shop there. Once you read labels, you will see this brand is top notch!

Quality of Ingredients
I have a very sensitive Golden Retriever. Soooo many by products and fillers, allergens and wheat in most foods and my dog is scratching all day long, with laskluster fur. This food has my dog " itch free'! The fur looks great, his eyes shine and he is full of vitality. Took us a long time to figure out what these allergies were....thought they were from the great outdoors, but the vets convinced me to try a high quality dog food.

It took me nearly 2 years for a disagnosis. I really believed it was a sort of hayfever . It cost me quite a bit of money too, and I had the ppor dog on Benadryl and eye drops and was constantly paying for grooming ( oatmeal baths) What a waste !

Took 3 weeks for results to show. You are what you eat!

Flavor Selection
I have a fussy dog, and he wolfs it down... he loves the flavors!

Not Worth The Price

I have recently been trying new dog foods for my dogs, as they have been having some allergies and other food related issues. After reading all the rave reviews about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Large Breed Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food here on Viewpoints, I decided to give it a try.

I was a little taken aback by the price tag for this particular tier of food, but I figured if it was as great as everyone said it was, it would be money well spent. Unfortunately, that would not turn out to be the case.

I did the slow switch method, mixing their old kibble with the new Blue Buffalo to avoid digestive distress, but even so, I noticed that they had loose, almost greasy looking bowel movements. Once I switched over to only Blue Buffalo kibble and none of their old food, it got worse.

My dogs are not finicky, but it took some coercing on my part to get them to eat this food without anything added to it to entice them. Even I found the smell a little off. Finally after three days of tough love, they started to eat it, but I've definitely never seen them avoid eating anything.

After about two weeks on the Blue Buffalo only, their bowels have still not adjusted and they are both experiencing dry, dull coats and itchy skin.

I'm not impressed. After finishing the bag, I've switched to another food and the bowel issues have already cleared up and their coats are already looking shinier and healthier.

For the price of this food, you can find something better. Keep shopping.

My dog raely loved

from I love this

About Me Professional Pet Trainer

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value

Cons

• Bad Taste
  • Hard to Digest
  • Messy

• Active Dogs
  • Puppies

Comments about Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Large Breed Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food:

My dog loved

Not Worth The Price

from Concord, NC

For the price of this food, you can find something better. Keep shopping.

• Flavor Selection:

Irish Wolfhound loves it.

We own and take care of (foster) several dogs. This isn't the brand we usually buy for our Wolfhound, but our brand was sold out. This looked like a good option since it's was the closest to his usual brand. We had no choice but to slowly introduce this into what was left of his old brand. He gobbled his food down after eating this. Even if the brand comes back on the shelves, from now on we'll be purchasing Blue Buffalo. We maybe even find a type of the brand to switch our other dogs to as well.

The price is quiet expensive but even our large dog doesn't go through a lot of it. He also has more energy, so it's well worth the extra expense. I've seen a change in his coat as well since we've switched.

I highly recommend this dog food to anyone with large dogs.

Quality of Ingredients
This dog food contains antioxidants. It also has no meat bi-products, wheat, or soy.

Flavor Selection
All we could find in the store was the chicken and rice ones for larger dogs, but I saw online that there are several varieties available.

Wonderful

from Denham Springs, LA

Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula for large breed dog food is a wonderful product. About a year ago I found a very malnourished Rottweiler in my neighborhood. He was an adult male, but only weighed 65 pounds. Average size for this dog is 120 pounds. He was very sick and weak. The veterinarian recommended Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula for him because we had no idea how the dog would handle other dog food. I was very hesitant at first because the price was so much higher than what I pay for my other dog's food, but I was determined to help this dog become healthy again. The dog loved this food. He was excited at feeding time. The first three weeks he ate so much trying to regain weight. It didn't upset his stomach, no gas, and made his coat beautiful again. Parker is now a wonderful healthy part of the family.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients in Blue Buffalo Life Protection Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe are so natural. I really liked how it did not have preservatives and by-products.

Great food

When thinking about how this food worked as compared to the other one, this food was much better because of the fact that my four little dogs seemed to really enjoy it. When I bought it I was I was worried because the bag had no indication as to what size dogs this particular food would be best for, and like I said my dogs are all little, but the food was just right for them. I had no problems with it. The only real downside to this food is that the price is definitely a bit extreme, especially for dog food, but other than that great dog food.

Quality of Ingredients
The taste of the food makes my dogs happy, and the ingredients make me happy. The main reason I purchased despite its rather high price was because of the ingredients. Everything in this food is fantastic for my dogs.

Flavor Selection
The flavor of this food must be good because my dogs could not take their faces away from their dog bowl. As far as the selection of flavors goes I did not see any other ones, but it gets a ten because my dogs enjoyed it.

Awesome product!

My dogs are extremely picky eaters. I have had a very difficult time finding dog foods that they will even touch. A friend recommended Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Large Breed Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food and my dogs love it! It is one of the only dog foods that they will actually eat and enjoy. Other than that I have found my dogs to have a lot more energy and their coats seem to be shinier (which I assume to be from this product because it is the only thing I have changed recently). The only downside to this product is that it is a little bit expensive. So look out for coupons! I think the slightly higher price is worth it though, because this is a great product. If your dogs are picky eaters, I would definitely recommend trying out Blue Buffalo (specifically in the Chicken and Brown Rice flavor)! It is now the only dog food I buy for my dogs!

Quality of Ingredients
I can actually read all of the ingredients in this product! Which means I actually know what I am feeding my dogs.

• Flavor Selection:

GREAT QUALITY ..the BEST!

Quality of Ingredients

Took 3 weeks for results to show. You are what you eat!

Flavor Selection
I have a fussy dog, and he wolfs it down... he loves the flavors!

My baby loves it!

from Las Vegas, NV

My large mutt eats this stuff up like he hasn't had a meal in weeks! He absolutely loves it. We only buy it on occasion because it is quite expensive at our local pet store. I get it when we go on vacation and have to leave him behind because I feel bad for him. If I buy a bag and he eats it for a long period of time I think that his coat gets shinier, but that might just be my imagination. I feel better feeding him this stuff because the ingredients seem a lot safer and less synthetic, like it was meant for a dog to actually EAT! Since it has such good, wholesome ingredients, I do not worry as much about contamination like cheaper foods. I have used it to train my dog as a "treat" in fear that real ones would make him gain extra weight. He responded really well and was eager to eat it after he performed what he was supposed to. My small dog has eaten this when I did not have any more food for her, and she did fine. She did not have any stomach problems or anything, but I would not do that all the time because the larger pellets may be harder to break down.

Quality of Ingredients
A lot more natural than the average food! I'd love to feed this healthier stuff to him all the time.

• Flavor Selection:

Best dog food to choose out there!

from Ocala, Florida

I love this brand of dog food. I was worried at first about switching, because the price is a little higher than my previous dog food, but I am happy I purchased this product. The food is worth the extra amount of money. Not only do my dogs love this product more than any other dog food I have purchased, but it is so healthy for them as well. My dogs are more energetic and their coats are shiner. I can really tell the difference with this dog food.

Quality of Ingredients
The first ingredients on the label are all proteins and grains. The next items on the ingredients list are all items that you can pronounce and recognize. When I looked at the ingredients list on the food I used to buy before, it contained items that honestly I was disgusted I ever fed to my dogs. You pay a little more for this food, but it is worth it for having actual food to feed them.

Flavor Selection
My dogs are always excited for dinner time, and they never leave the bowl with food left in it. I would say the flavor selection they have for this product is a great selection.

My dogs love this!

from Davie, FL

Both of my labrador retrievers are obsessed with Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Large Breed Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food. I used to buy a cheaper, less nutritious dog food months ago, but after consulting with my vet, I knew I had to feed my dogs something more high in quality. That's when I chose this dog food. I've been buying this for a little over four months now, and I am very happy that I made the switch. My dogs seem much more energetic healthy. Plus, they seem to enjoy this food much more than the cheaper brands I used to buy. All in all, this is a tad bit pricey, but definitely worth it!

Quality of Ingredients
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Large Breed Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food is made with all natural ingredients. I feel safe feeding this food to my dogs. I can tell my dogs are much healthier now that I have been feeding them this top-quality food. Their fur is nice and shiny; and they're much more active and playful now.

Flavor Selection
Blue Buffalo dog food offers a wide variety of different flavors. My dogs have only tried this one so far, but I will buy a new flavor next time I need to purchase dog food.