Other Dog Foods:
Hill's Science Diet
Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food

Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food

• Flavor Selection:

Science Diet has changed my mind...

Science Diet has changed my mind - I used to think that Science Diet was a poor dog food that I needed to buy Orajen or Wellness for my English Bulldog. Ever since he was a puppy, he's had food allergies which resulted in ear infections, skin infections and hair loss. His stools have always been on the loose side (sorry to be gross). My vet has been begging me to put him on Science Diet Sensitive for years and I refused to do it because I thought it was filled with nasty ingredients and by-products. Boy was I wrong. I finally gave in because my dog was throwing up, he had diarrhea, was dehydrated and losing weight. Ever since he has been on Science Diet Dry food, no more ear infections, no more diarrhea, no more vomiting! I would recommend this brand to anyone who was feeding their dog a boutique brand. My dog is so much healthier! So glad I made the switch!

Good quality for an okay price.

I bought this sensitive stomach blend of Science Diet for one of my dogs who was having issues digesting regular dog food. I was unsure of exactly what brand to get, and there are plenty different kinds to choose from.

After lots of research I found that Science Diet was my best option and this is the one that was going to fit my needs the best out of all of them.

I will say the smell is a little different than other brands of dog food I have tried with the dogs in the past. It's been a little different than some of the other Science Diet varieties that I have purchased in the past. I am not sure if it's because of the sensitive blend or what, but it was definitely a weird smell.

Other than that the only thing I really had an issue with is the price. It isn't the most expensive brand or type that I've bought but it is a little on the expensive side. That being said it is the best sensitive stomach food that I've seen and bought. So I will continue to buy it.

I would recommend this to anyone who.is looking for a good sensitive stomach blend of dog kibble for their dogs digestion.

Good quality for an okay price.

from Florida

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Improves Coat
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Cons

• Expensive

• Active Dogs
  • Larger Dogs
  • Older Dogs
  • Special Needs

Awesome food

from Anchorage, AK

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Good Value
  • Nutritional

• Smaller Dogs

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food:

I have two dogs, a Jack Russell, and a Min Pin/Chihuahua, Pug mix. The Jack we adopted a couple years ago and he's always been a picky eater and had a very sensitive gi tract. He's had loose stools since we got him. The Min Pin mix got a sensitive stomach as got she old. I had them both on a long term bland diet because every food I tried gave one or the other bowel problems. When I finally got them under control and the Jack started to have firmer stools I looked into foods again. This is the first food I tried and it worked great! They both love it, it's not overly priced, and it keeps both of their stomach's from being painful. Our Jack was having lots of gas and now he isn't. It's worth a try if you have a dog with a sensitive stomach!

Going great for one week.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food:

I have been feeding this to my dogs for about one week now and no accidents have happened! They have not had any gas or accidents inside the house. They eat it just fine, and I never see them hesitating. One of my dogs does not respond to this too well when using this as a reward, but the others do just fine. He tends to be picky, so I am not surprised. I would not feed this to my puppy, as I find the chunks to be a little too big for tiny teeth and mouths.

Quality of Ingredients
    Good quality! More of the ingredients are vegetables, rather than meat. The first ingredient is rice, so I would say go for this if you are trying to limit your use of meat, even for your pets. Chicken Meal is the second ingredient, with barley, flaxseed, etc. following that. Dried produce is also used, including apples, peas, cranberries, and carrots. It sounds absolutely wonderful and less harmful to the environment. Vitamins and supplements are also added to the food.

• Flavor Selection:

This is a very good product for a dog with sensitive stomach.

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food:

I have a old (12 years old) dachshund that started having stomach problems as he aged. With some of his old dry foods, he would have diarrhea for days so I asked my vet to recommend a few products. This one was the most reasonably priced out of the recommend food so I decided to start with this one. To put it short, my dog really likes this. He ran right into it the first time I took it out and has loved it since. He also doesn't have stomach problems ever since we switched to this product. This is a bit more expensive than what I used to buy before but I really want to take extra good care of my dog since he doesn't have many more years in him. I think I will stick to this one for now.

Quality of Ingredients
    The ingredients are really good for sensitive stomachs. It doesn't have anything that upsets stomachs so if your dog has problems digesting, you should definitely give this product a try even though it might be a bit more pricy than your current staple dog food.

Flavor Selection
    It has a decent selection.

Hill's Science Diet

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food:

My dog wouldn't have anything to do with this dog food. I bought the Hill's Science Diet for my Jack Russel Terrier, and at first he seemed to love it. He has been on dry food since he was a puppy, and he has never tried one that he didn't like. After a week of my dog eating this food, he started to act like he wasn't feeling well. He was laying around the house moaning, and then he started to throw up. He wouldn't touch his food, and I assumed it was because his stomach was hurting. I took him to the veterinarian, and she asked me if I had changed dog foods. I told her yes, and she said I needed to switch back. Two days after going back to the old food, my dog was fine. I left the bag of the Hill's Science Diet food out one day, and my dog sniffed it and went running away. I gave the rest of it to someone, and their dog had no problem with it. I don't know what was in it to make him act like that, but be aware that it can cause allergies.

• Flavor Selection:

I highly recommend this dog food.

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food:

This dog food has been great for my older labrador mix. She always had a stomach like a tank since she was a puppy and ate everything in sight ( including a few pairs of my shoes) without any problems whatsoever. That changed in the last couple of years though as she's aged, and I have noticed her having more and more gastrointestinal issues every time I fed her dry dog food. I felt so bad for her, and really did not want to start giving her soft canned dog food because it was important to me to keep her teeth strong and healthy. I finally took her to the vet to see what our options were, thinking that they would put her on some kind of supplement. I was surprised when they recommended this Hill's Science Sensitive Stomach dog food though, I did not believe that the answer could be that easy! Well, it sure did the trick! From day one of use, she had fewer bathroom issues and I had fewer messes to clean up, so we were all happy! It has improved her digestion so much that she acts like a puppy again, which is great to see.

Very pleased.

from Ohio

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food:

I had went through varies brands of dog food to find the perfect bag for my sensitive little Cocker spaniel. I was finally recommended to try this "Hills science diet adult sensitive stomach dry dog food" by her veterinarian. He actually gave me a small sample bag to try and it worked wonders for her. Usually when she eats just "any" brand it doesn't settle well in her tummy. Any dog that has severe digestive issues or stomach problems I would HIGHLY suggest giving this stuff a try. My dog holds it down very well and never seems like she's in pain anymore after eating!

Quality of Ingredients
    The ingredients for this dry dog food are very pleasing. It doesn't seem to have a lot of out of the ordinary ingredients like a lot of the cheaper brands use. (I believe those are the things that make my dog throw them back up)

Flavor Selection
    I have looked at a bunch of different pet stores to try and find different flavors of the "Sensitive stomach dry dog food" but i cannot seem to find any near me. My dog really seems to like this flavor so it really isn't a huge issue but eventually I think she will get tired of it, so I would like to try out different flavors for her.

• Flavor Selection:

Great Product that really helps your dogs sensitive stomach

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food:

When my childhood dog got older she began having a really sensitive stomach. It was hard to find products that did not upset her which was weird because she never had a problem before when she was younger. She eventually even stopped eating because she was getting sick. I finally tried Science Diet's sensitive stomach and it worked wonders. My little baby began to eat again and was no longer getting an upset stomach after meals. This product is great for bets with sensitive stomachs and still provides great nutrients and flavor.

Quality of Ingredients
    The quality of ingredients in science diet products are great especially compared to other products on the market. They give your pet a healthy meal while satisfying their taste buds.

Flavor Selection
    This product may not have many flavor selections but the flavor is something my dog always enjoyed. Also Science Diet as a Brand has many different flavor and product options.

Great for sensitive stomachs

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food:

I recently got a chihuahua from a friend (2 years old) who has a very sensitive stomach and cannot eat the Avoderm dog food that I feed my other dog. I decided to try this based on recommendations from my vet. Dusty really seems to enjoy this food, he finishes every meal and even licks the bowl. He does not throw up anymore and seems to be highly energetic. I like this because they use real protein in this (not corn or meat substitutes). The food is also baked, which makes it so much healthier

overall

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food:

At first I was skeptical about trying Science Diet's Sensitive Stomach Dry Food, but after hearing positive reviews from so many people I went out and bought it. My dog has a very sensitive stomach and yet has no problem with digesting it. She seems to like the taste too