Other Flat Screen TVs:

Vizio - HD 47 inch TV

Pros

Cons

Overall a good quality TV - great picture - good sound

I wanted a new flat screen TV for the bedroom and one that could be wall mounted. I actually had another brand in mind but the store was out of the one that was advertised and after the salesman pointed out this set that was comparable but cost less than we decided to give it a try. It turns out to be a really good set and we will consider this brand when making future electronic purchases.

Picture Quality
We really enjoy the bright crisp and clearness of the picture. TV now seems to come alive on screen and while it will cost to replace the set in the living room we look forward to having a set in there with this type of picture and sound quality.

Sound Quality
I have no idea of why but the sound is so much better on this set. In fact we don't turn it up like we did on the old set and it seems to be so much cleaner

Now having had this set for several months we are pleased with the set. The only challenge that we have had was mounting it on the wall. I wanted it to set where the old set had been but this one fit differently so we decided to wall mount it. This presented a new problem, I did not like the cord hanging down so we purchased a wall mount kit that included a tube that covered it. I still am not happy with that but love the picture so I just overlook it.

The flat screen is great. Overall love the set. It does have a lot of things that doesn't excite me like getting my emails, streaming, movie downloading and a host of other options but I am sure others would really enjoy all of the features that this set offers.

No problems and I have no reserve about recommending this lower cost set.

Overall OK

My husband won this TV in a drawing. We were very excited to get a TV with built in WiFi so that we could stream TV without an additional box. However, the picture is not as crisp as our other HDTV and there are not enough options for inputs. Since we have an old satellite TV receiver and a non BluRay dvd player, we cannot have them both hooked up. It would be helpful if there was an S video input or more than one RCA cable input.

The Vizio - HD 47 inch TV is a great tv to have in your home.

from The Colony, TX

Comments about Vizio - HD 47 inch TV:

The Vizio - HD is a wonderful television to have in your family room when you have guests visiting. Your whole family will love this television. It is just the right size.

Picture Quality
The Vizio - HD has terrific picture quality. Make the popcorn and get the snacks ready. It is tv movie night for your entire family. The whole family will enjoy movie night with your new television.

Sound Quality
The Vizio - HD has great sound quality. Just adjust your sound volume, and you won't have to worry about a thing.

The Vizio - HD has wonderful durability. It can be moved from room to room within your house without any trouble. If you are tired of the television in the family room, you can move it to your den.

The Vizio - HD design is beautiful. The decor will match your furniture. This television can be placed in a corner or on a wall in any room of your house.

You can't beat the performance of The Vizio - HD 47. This television is cable ready and very easy to operate. You will love the remote, and so will your entire family.

Overall a good quality TV - great picture - good sound

from Texas

Sound Quality

No problems and I have no reserve about recommending this lower cost set.

Vizio 47 inch TV

Comments about Vizio - HD 47 inch TV:

We have had our Vizio HD 47 inch TV for almost three years now, and we have never had a problem with it. It is an excellent television, with a great picture quality. We have cable, and the picture is so much better and clearer when you do watch HD channels versus non-HD channels. The sound is great on it too. You don't have to turn it up very high at all to hear it. We originally wanted a surround sound to go with it, but after we got it turned on, we decided we really didn't need one. We watch a lot of sports on this television, and we are very happy with how good the picture quality is for sports. There are plenty of inputs and outputs to plug in a DVD player, gaming system and home theater system all at once. We are very happy with our television and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Picture Quality
The picture quality is great and very clear. It is especially nice when watching sports.

The sound is very good.

I Love This T.V.

Comments about Vizio - HD 47 inch TV:

I have now had this T.V. for a little over a year and I absolutely love it. It has a great picture. To me it is perfect. It was not very expensive. My daughters have poured water on it also they have smeared chap-stick on it but it still works like the day I bought it. This is my first flat screen T.V. and I dont think I will ever go with any other brand. It is pretty light. I have moved a few times since buying it and I can carry it with no problem. It is very easy to use. I have no problem hooking up my Blu-ray player and watching movies. I would strongly recommend buying this T.V. for the whole family.

Picture Quality
It is great. When I go to my friends houses and watch their T.V.s I want to unplug mine from home and bring it with me. I will never want to buy a different T.V.

Sound Quality
The sound quality is great. I have never had to turn it up higher and 25. This T.V. can get really loud if needed.

My kids have done so many bad things to this T.V. it shouldnt be working anymore. But it still works like new. Now if my kids mess it up I dont worry much because every time it still turns on and works perfect.

I really like how light weight it is. I like that it is black. It looks great. Most of my friends have actually thrown their T.V.s away and get this one after watching T.V. with me.

I have not once had a problem with it.

Excellent TV

Comments about Vizio - HD 47 inch TV:

Excellent TV with many great features that are very useful.

Picture Quality
Has a wonderful picture quality from regular TV watching and movies, to video games.

Sound Quality
Excellent sound. Ranges from very loud to very low sound levels, with still having a very clear quality of sound.

I give durability a 10 due to the fact that we have not had any issues with the durability of our TV. It has not been exposed to any instances where it's durability would be tested, but it has held up for us with excessive use without any issue.

Very easy to use and user friendly. It has a lot of different features that are easy to use even for those who may not be inclined to technology.

Tends to be somewhat slow when opening different apps, nothing to be majorly concerned about. Has a tendency to turn itself off randomly, but does not happen very often to be a major issue. Haven't had any issues with the TV freezing.

This is a High End TV with a Value Price

Comments about Vizio - HD 47 inch TV:

It's very difficult to really explain how great this TV really is in comparison to other TVs in this price segment. Not only does it have the Smart TV capabilities but the picture quality really is something from TVs of 2-3 times the price of this. You'll have to do some basic adjustments to the screen brightness and contrast, it's an easy google for some recommended settings, but even out of the box it's hard to fault how great this TV looks.

Picture Quality
Really surprised at how good this TV looks. It has deep blacks, and even with only a 60hz refresh rate, nothing seems overly blurry.

Sound Quality
Just live every TV out there, the sound is absolutely putrid. There's barely any bass and the sound is hollow and tinny. Definitely get a sound bar sub woofer for the best experience.

I had 1 weird issue with this TV were sound stopped working on an HDMI port for a few days, no idea what happened, then it fixed itself. Other than that, it's performed admirably, and the Smart TV apps actually load faster than those on game consoles more often than not.

It's a big black rectangle with a small border. Not sure what else you want out of these.

Best t.v. I've ever owned

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Vizio - HD 47 inch TV:

I don't know when Vizio came on the market, I know I have never heard of them before purchasing this television. The out of the box picture quality set at the manufacturer's settings is amazing. I didn't even attempt to adjust it because it already looked great. It was brighter and sharper than my previous Westinghouse television. It's so easy to set up and comes with a quick set up booklet. If you need additional help you can go to Vizio.com or call their customer service number. I have called the customer service number to inquire about camera compatibility and they were very friendly, knowledgeable about the product, and glad to help. The stand it comes on is fixed, which is fine with me because it's setting on a t.v. stand and is at perfect height. But if you are placing the t.v. high up you will probably want to purchase a wall mount.

Picture Quality
I have no complaints at all about the picture quality. I think it's excellent and you can adjust it to your preference.

Sound Quality
The sound quality is great for a t.v., but it would sound better if it was hooked up to a surround sound system or sound bar.

The box got banged around a little bit in transit to our home, but it still worked great and wasn't damaged.

I think the t.v. is very sleek and modern looking. I love the Vizio logo that runs along the bottom portion of the t.v. that lights up when you turn the t.v. on.

This t.v. is the best I've ever owned. We own a Westinghouse and Sony HD t.v. and Vizio clearly has them beat in performance and picture quality.

Best Purchase Ever!!

Comments about Vizio - HD 47 inch TV:

The 47 inch Vizio Smart TV is a 3D TV with applications like a cell phone has. I use the smart TV portion all the time, listening to Pandora or watching MGO or Netflix. The picture quality is unparalleled in any of the cheaper models and the 3D is just like in the theater.

• Sound Quality:

Great quality for the price!

Comments about Vizio - HD 47 inch TV:

I love this brand, the price is great compared to most flat screens and the picture quality really blows away the competition. I originally had a Sony but when I saw how clear the picture was on this brand I just had to have it. I've now owned the tv for almost two years and it is still in perfect condition, it was made with such great quality.

• Sound Quality:

Vizio is now the only brand I will buy.

Comments about Vizio - HD 47 inch TV:

Before buying the Vizio 47" TV, I only had a 32" TV (another brand) so the screen size was obviously a big change but that really wasn't the thing that stood out the most. The first thing I noticed was how great the picture quality was. I had never had a Vizio TV before and while I was comparing TV's online, I ended up getting advice from my dad (who has Vizio TV's) and he said they are the best. I told him I noticed that some of the other brands were cheaper but he still recommended the Vizio saying "There is a reason why those other TV's are cheaper..." I ended up getting the Vizio and I'm very happy with my purchase. After buying the TV, I ended up seeing it in the store next to other TV's and I understood what my dad was saying. Next to the other TV's, the Vizio definitely stood out. The picture looked so much better. I'm currently looking to upgrade to an even bigger TV and it will be a Vizio as well as I'm no longer going to shop around and compare brands/prices. It may cost a little more than some of the cheaper brands, but once you watch TV on it, you'll realize that it's worth it.