Other Flat Screen TVs:

Samsung 40 in. LCD TV

Pros

Cons

Worth every penny

I checked Consumer Reports and other online sites, including brand sites, before I made my purchase.  I would have loved a 50 inch set, but didn't have enough space in my entertainment unit.  I did reviews at stores looking at different tv's in different lighting.  I spoke with store personnel to learn as much as possible.  Finally settled on this Samsung tv, and am so glad I did.  I love the picture this tv provides.  It is also slim and light, which is something our old set wasn't.  Our great room, where the tv is located, doesn't receive much light from the outside so that wasn't a factor in our decision.  I didn't want the ongoing expense that is inherent with projection tv's even though the picture may be a little better.  I also didn't like the shiny screen that comes with plasma sets and has a problem with reflected light.  This tv fits our needs perfectly.

Supercalifragilisticespealidocious

What an exellent product this fine piece of hardware will provide families the comfort of wathing thousands of hours of streaming movies from the internet watching movies from there cable box and much more streaming from netflix movies beautiful picture quality excellent sound and if you upgrade to the smart tv version even more functions and capabilities that the regular consumer would find to their taste. Much deserved props to the samsung division and the standards they are providing to the consumer as myself!! To further comment the pricing is right for the brand it one of the top name brand appliances and compared to other brands which I personally used and compared samsung best the competition time and time again. When you have a T.V that can provide you features that your computer can provide (look at upgraded smart tv version) have a company provide your with high quality customer technical support, I started with Samsung when they first started there line of smart tvs and I wanted to make sure that I SET MY TV UP CORRECTLY IE DVD CABLE computer etc. I called there customer service number and the rep guided me step by step to set up everything mind you I am a little tech savy but no geek lol. But I was so impressed with the customer service that I stop using Phillips,RCA,Sanyo,and magnavox, Im just waiting for their next new line of generation samsung because I am hooked and will be a satisfied customer for a long time to come!!

Supercalifragilisticespealidocious

Samsung..Simply the best

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

The picture quality and ease of use of this television makes it the best choice for viewers

Picture Quality
Has one of the clearest pictures I have seen. Compared to many competitors similar models Samsung is by far the best in picture quality

Sound Quality
Like most HDTV's the sound quality isn't the best and you will want to get you a set of surround sound speakers to help you fully enjoy the cinema experience or sporting games.

I have packed this tv up and moved from Hawaii to Texas and used this tv for countless hours of gaming and movie watching and it has held up to the workload that has been put on it.

Complements my living room furniture and the living room very well. I have it on a beautiful oak television stand that further shows its elegance.

Overall the performance of the Samsung television is very good. The picture clarity and sound quality is one of the best I have experienced. Online viewing of movies is clear and uploads like a breeze. I would definitely purchase another one of these for a family member.

husband loves is 40 samsung

from Samson, AL

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

We got the samsung 40 because my husband is lossing his sight. He can see the tv great. The sound is just right for him and me. The tv fits on top of the fireplace, it is out of the way. But can be seen from any where in the room. The picture is really clear. The letters or numbers that are shown are also clear. I thank you for the great design and the product it is great. This is our 3 samsung in the last 20 years thank you for a great product.

Picture Quality
the picture is really clear. The letters or numbers that are shown are also clear.

Sound Quality
the sound quility is good. I can set it that it is not to loud. You can understand all the words that are said.

I have teen age boys and they are not gracefull. The tv has been hit and pashed. But it takes the hits, and I have had no problems.

I like the slim design. It is great for small areas and skinny shelf areas. Or I can hang it on the wall and it will not take up a lot of space . I thank you for the great design

I have no complains

Clear crisp picture, quality TV

from Telford, PA

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

We have had our Samsung LCD tv for almost 2 years now, and had absolutely no complaints. I thought that the TV was great, and then I found the HD channels offered by our cable company and I was blown away! It is so clear and sharp ... it's almost beyond description. It makes watching a regular TV like watching a 16 mm reel to reel film. Easy to use, tons of features - we have a DVD player, Wii, XBox, my laptop (for blueray dvds) and sometimes a flash drive in the USB port - all plugged in at once. Definitely a good quality and value for the money.

Sound Quality
I usually have it hooked up to my external surround sound, so I don't normally use just the tv speakers.

We've moved twice with it and, while we've packed it carefully, it has survived with not one problem.

Movie Night at Home

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

We love this TV set. We have another flat screen in our family room, but this Samsung was bought for the master bedroom. It is a large screen for the bedroom, however we love watching movies at night after kids are settled into bed. We can relax and enjoy an incredible picture and sound!

Picture Quality
Very clear and crisp. No distortion at all. Many of the other tv's that we researched and shopped for seem to have pixelating and distortion in order to accomadate the screen size. No trouble with this Samsung!

Sound Quality
Sound is very clear and can reach a high volume without modifying the clarity of the sound. We have added a surround kit to use with it. Though it wasnt really necessary :)

It hasnt been moved from the original placement in our room, however, its a year old and working great. No issues.

I love the design. Its modern and stylish. Black casing and sleek. The depth is so small that it takes up very little space it seems despite its 40" screen.

Prefect. Great picture and sound. Has made our movie night at home even MORE enjoyable. I cant go back to a regular television set again :)

• Sound Quality:

LOVE LOVE THIS TELEVISION!!!

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

I've never owned a samsung product before but received this as a housewarming present and I can't tell you how happy we are with it. The color is phenomenal. We watch mostly movies on it and couldn't be happier. I'm not much of an electronics buff but it's super easy to use and setup (which is a big deal for me). I've often tried to use friends TV's and end up giving up because I can't figure out how to use the darn thing. That's not the case with this one. It's easy to switch to different outputs, plug in our ipad to watch home movies etc.
We have ours hanging on the wall and it's perfect. No more wasted space due to overly large TV's taking up to much space!!!

Almost perfect tv LCD LN40D630

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

This tv is my very first LCD flatscreen. I am very happy with it. It's been 2 and a half years, and no problems. It is thin, sleek, and it responds very well. I would recommend you hook it up with a Samsung bluray player as they work well together. This tv actually turns on when you run your hand along the power button corner! It's a little too futuristic for me in some ways.

Picture Quality
The picture quality is excellent. It's the best thing about this television. It is clear and also great for video games. The 120 hertz response time is a plus for games, but it's a little too quick for me with movies.

Sound Quality
The only thing I'm not completely happy with is the sound. It's rather tinny.

This tv will last because I've already gone nearly 3 years and no problems.

Samsung 40 inch LCD television set

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

Worked well for a long time and was used quite often. Now when you turn it on it spends a good few minutes clicking it self on and off until the picture will work. Sometimes you will need to turn the tv off and restart it because there is a weird purple pixelation all over the screen.

Picture Quality
Good for the money but no led

No complaints

See review above

Looks great

See review above

Good TV with some inconveniences

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

This TV is a great size for our family. It fits well to the size of our living room without dominating it. We considered getting a lesser-known manufacturer's TV to save money but decided to go with Samsung and believe we made the right decision. The picture quality is great, as well as the sound quality. We also like the sleek black design that fits well into a modern decor. However, there are some little idiosyncrasies with the remote. Sometimes when a button is pressed on accident, it takes awhile to figure out the problem, as well as rebooting the TV. The remote control is sometimes difficult to figure out and can be a little complex. However, overall, we would recommend this TV.

Great TV

Comments about Samsung 40 in. LCD TV:

We bought our Samsung 40 inch LCD TV as a wedding present to ourselves. That was 5 and a half years ago and it is still going strong. It has made it through three children and two moves. The picture is very clear. We have the 1080p. The sound quality is good. We have also had to order a replacement remote (ours went through the washing machine) and it works just as well as the original. My only complaint is that I can't seem to get rid of all the little fingerprints on the screen. I know you are not supposed to touch it, but tell that to my three children under the age of 4. Overall we have been satisfied with our purchase and it has held up well.