Other Marketplace Shopping Websites:
Viewpoints.com

Viewpoints.com

Pros

Cons

Growing pains and all, a superb, useful and growing site.

I was asked in late 2006 to be part of a Beta Testing team to help launch a new site. There was no name for the site yet.

It would be a...Read complete review

It would be a place where people review a wide variety of products and services.  Some would have a lot of exerience and even expertise doing this, and others would have little to no experience but be able to give it their best shot.

I was assured if I got involved I would be treated with kindness and professionalism and there would even be some appreciation in terms of some monetary compensation with a few strings attached.

I was quite frankly very skeptical and somewhat cynical that a site like this could succeed.  I have been involved for several years in another site for many years and I saw an increasing number of negatives at another site,  where the people who owned the site, the people who kept the site technically afloat were not as responsive, caring or involved as they should be. There was also way too many secrets and when paid members communicated wrong information to non-paid members--very little was done to stop the bad information, bad or rude behavior from occurring -- even when paid people were responsible for some of it.     There were ongoing and pretty large technical issues that persisted.. not just for a few months, but for more than 5 years and beyond..    The adding of categories was a confusing quagmire for not just months, but several years.  The seach engine was horrendous for over 5 years and in the last few years a flawed innefficient mess.  And response regarding concerns, and problems was utterly inconsistent and usually pretty awful with little or no follow-up.

However, all these negatives aside, there were a lot of very talented writers and very warm and nice people on the site.  I'd say many, perhaps 60 or 70 percent of the best talent that was there, are gone, but there remains a lot of great and talented folks who continue to be part of the community..

So if there is a place out there that is flawed but well known and successful, is there a need for another type of community?

The answer is there is always room for better ideas, better more efficient programs and better and more positive attitudes when it comes to managing and dealing with people.

I can't say enough positive things about the people who started and keep Viewpoints running.   The response and feedback is fast and incredible.  I know that I am dealing with people with care about what they are doing, are good positive and very warm people and who treat other people BETTER than they themselves have been treated.

There will always be room for a site that wants straight honest and direct reviews on a wide variety of product and services.   Before I buy products, watch movies, pay for a service or waste valuable time using a free service-- I would like to know what people's experiences have been and how the subject of their review stood up or compares to other products or services.

Over time I can get to know the people who are writing about various things and decide for myself if this person is someone I can trust. They may not be experts or have deep technical knowledge about a product... but facts and figures you can GOOGLE and get anywhere.  It's the experience that someone has had and their qualified or even unqualified opinion that is invaluable to me.

We live in a world of fear and compromise.  A lot of people are very careful with expressing their feeling or opinions because they don't want to be judged harshly or thought of badly for what they express.   So people fudge the truth, or they avoid answering questions directly and honestly-- it's safer to do this.

You bet we need a place where people can express themselves without fear of recrimination or fear of being ostracized or alienated.

Viewpoints was in development for quite a while and theres some very smart people running things.  There are probably some people connected with Viewpoints that I don't know and will never know.  But the 4 or 5 people I do know, understand how to treat people.

You ask questions, you get answers and very quickly.  They are honest direct no b.s. answers.  If you happen to ask something that is truly none of your business, you STILL get an answer and often much more honest than  you would ever expect.

It's truly fantastic how open and direct the people who keep Viewpoints running truly are.

They are a focused group of people who understand how to treat a wide variety of different types and kinds of people.  They have also done their homework and have brought out a product that incorporates the best features to be found anywhere on the internet, and remain extremely user-friendly.

It's not perfect.  There have been a large number of minor glitches and flaws that have been quickly (and I mean really quickly) fixed.  I don't mean quick fixed with a temporary band-aid either.. but really and truly fixed.

I have no idea how this is done, but I don't even want to know.

The search engine needs more work.  It is already better than most search engines on sites that somewhat similar to this one--so it's starting out as a much improved product and based on how dedicated everyone seems to be to making things better, I anticipate than in a few months.. maybe even a few weeks, things will be working even better than they are now.

A lot of the changes and improvements have been the direct result of people like me asking for things to be changed and upgraded.  Voila... your wish is our command.  It's been done fast and quick.   When it couldn't be done in  a few hours.. you got a response back.  And then you get follow-ups.

Sometimes things can't be fixed, or can't be changed at the present time.  You get a few emails about this and sometimes there are options discussed.  We can't do this, but we might be able to do this-- would that make a positive different?

Never have I seen people so interested in making even tiny details better to improve the experience for everyone involved.

I wish I was able to write 500 or 1,000 more words than I am.  I have had some reviews that needed to be a little longer.   Of course I've written things that are too long and should be cut down too and people with less experience might write much longer than they need to.

I wish more people were here, that more people were clicking on Good Points, that more people were commenting on things.  I'm optimistic that the word is spreading, that the good reviews and the marketing efforts underway will bring a lot more people to Viewpoints.

And I expect that when a lot more people show up there will be some challenges.   Some will be technical, some will mean we might not hear back from people quite as quickly as we do now.

I am beginning to believe however that the staff of Viewpoints will bend over backwards to treat people with respect and keep the experience for everyone who hangs around on the site for a while a positive and rewarding one.

Yep I rated things 4 stars...   it should be rated 4 and a half stars.. since my experiences have been positive and rewarding, but there are some minor glitches and there is of course some room for improvement.

I decided to round down.. to 4  rather than up to 5... because things aren't perfect and who knows if a huge influx of people will add negaive elements to the mix that simply don't exist right now.

If we don't take all the good things we have right now for granted and continue to stay dedicated to making this the best and most positive online community--we're gonna have a great sandbox to play in.

BRAVO to all the writers, Pulisher Circle members and the staff of Viewpoints for doing such an incredible job so far.

I'm Ready to Jump Ship to Yelp.com

I'm doing this bass-ackwards on porpose.  I'm adding a foot-note to the top.  I'm getting very tired of "**Quickie**" reviews, here on **Viewpoints** stating only "I Like It" or "It's Cool".  That's not a review.  That's a  **jr. high school kid screwing off.**  Go do your homework.  Half the time, one can't tell what they are **supposedly** reviewing.  One review stated only "very good" about Die Hard. (No photo.) Is it the Sears car battery, or the movie?  I couldn't tell.  Can you?  I'm about ready to jump ship to **Yelp.com.**

*Sound off?  You bet I will.  Both about this site and some of you out there in cyberspace.  *

**The good:  ***Anyone can review anything.  All one has to do is log on, (using a secure web site) create a profile and start reviewing.  Most of the time, if you browse around, a picture of the product is already in Viewpoints file.  But, I still try to add more if I think it will help.  I've written glowing reviews of some products, and not-so-good reviews on others.  If I think a product, service or web site is bad...I'll let you know for sure.  And I hope you do the same.*

**The bad: ***Once again; anyone can review anything.  It's time for some constructive criticism folks.  When you're writing a review, look for that little area near the top right corner "ABC" with a little check mark underneath.  **IT'S CALLED SPELL CHECK!**  The United States is lagging behind other countries in most areas.  Examples are math, science and language and/or communication skills.   *

*This does not apply to everyone.  But I think the offenders know who they are.  American jobs are being outsourced for many reasons.  But one of the major reasons is Americans are sadly lacking in basic skills.  Both many adults and recent high school graduates can't even fill out a job application properly.  Many can't even balance their own checkbook.*

*Am I immune from mistakes?  Certainly not.  Like my Dad said, "If you learn from your mistakes, I should be a genius."  Or, as another wise old man once said,* **"The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning." - Mark Twain**

*Lord only knows how many people around the world pull up this site.  Let's show them what Americans can do.  Please put a little thought and research into your reviews before finalizing them.*

I will but this product for my family.

from grovetown, ga

Comments about Viewpoints.com:

I really loved the Hormel Mary Kitchens roast beef hash it has great flavor and texture.

i would buy this product

from visalia,ca

Comments about Viewpoints.com:

the dinty moore chicken and dumplings was quite tasty, though i prefer some veggies in mine and i am use to drop dumplings so these seemed gaumy... the dinty moore beef stew had a good flavor, and at least some carrots..the beef was like ground beef instead of a stew meat consistancy..but added flavor...

I would buy this product

from Augusta, GA

Comments about Viewpoints.com:

I used the Dollar General discr.eet bladder pads.. They were great! You hardly feel like you are wearing one. They are soft, absorbent and keep you dry and order free. I will definitely buy them. The price is great compared to other bladder pads so you pay less for the same result.

Viewpoints.com Member

from Phoenix, Arizona 85053

Comments about Viewpoints.com:

Hi how are you. My name is Johnny. A simple every day man. In todays world. Here to share my interests and support for www.viewpoints.com. Being I have ben a member for a while now. Nothing like being apart of a grate company. What would todays world of consumers & demand do with out this opportunity. I have reached a grate level here with view points and had a chance to share or produce feedback for many products or company's in todays world. With my every day feedback on todays products. It has ben a while since I have dropped by www.viewpoints.com to show my point of view on a product or company. I always remember that in todays world their are company's and products that need our feedback. To stay on top or stay afloat in their industries. To me www.viewpoints.com is on top and in motion to become the top option. To look in to for sharing your point of view. I can say one thing thank you for the opportunity and option to do my part in todays world of progress & demands. I will always look forward to sharing my opinion on things I like, love or enjoy. You can count on my to place new updated point of views. Don't forget it's a new year 2018 is here Happy New Year to you at www.viewpoints.com. And to you readers log on, join. Let todays world know your point of view.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I love viewpoints.com

Comments about Viewpoints.com:

Everyone can use viewpoints.com when shopping for almost anything. I use it a lot when im looking to buy something and I want to know what other people have to say about it. I hate spending money and having the product not be worth it. Now that I know I can go to viewpoints and check something out before I make my purchase I always do. I read a lot of reviews before I bought my new washer and dryer set and also my freezer along with hair products and pet supplies. Its great to know what products are awesome and what ones are better left on the shelf! Its a tool everyone can use and should! I try to write reviews as much as I can about the products I've bought, good or bad. I think if a products is awesome people should know and likewise if a product is bad, people should know. It makes me feel like I know what I am buying before I even buy it. Some people write very in depth reviews and it is nice to see what their experiences were and if they recommend it or not. There is a lot of things I use that I have always stuck with just because it worked fine and I didn't want to try something else and have it be a waste of money. I read reviews and I try what's rated well and I stay away from the products that are rated low. It really is helpful and nice to read what other people had for experiences. I now try more products because I'm more comfortable buying something new that I've never tried when I can read about it on viewpoints. I tell everyone to come on here and check it out because it is very helpful and everyone likes an honest opinion!

loan depot

from colo.

Comments about Viewpoints.com:

loan depot beats any bank or credit union i;ve ever delte with in getting a loan,people have different senarios in life,and loan depot doesn;t accuse you of anything,they just help you.loan depot and their employees are grade A super.i;m lucky i found them,they really care about helping people.thank you loan depot and all your employees,thank you.john s.

Amazing! Viewpoints is easy to use & very informative

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Viewpoints.com:

Viewpoints.com is absolutely the best website for real consumer reviews written from people who have used or are familiar with the products they review.
The information provided on ViewPoints surpasses any other similar websites that offer consumer reviews.

You can find reviews on almost everything and anything you could ever need. From house hold appliances, beauty products, electronics to multiple credit card companies, banks, or insurance companies - you'll be able to find exactly what you're looking for!

There is such a wide variety of products, stores, websites, and so much more that Viewpoints offers reviews on, making there something for everyone!

Not only can you read reviews, you can write your own reviews which earn points you can then redeem for gift cards.

The process of writing and submitting your reviews to be published is a very simple process.
After you've written a review, you submit what you've written for Viewpoints to read over and verify that it meets the criteria required. Once checked, your review becomes published and you are rewarded the point value for that specific item.

If you do come across something you're unsure of or have a question, Viewpoints has a Support Center that has the answers to almost anything you may need. The information listed in the Support Center is very descriptive, detailed, and user friendly to navigate and understand.

I use and will always use Viewpoints to research items for the information offered in all of the reviews and also to review products I've used.
I refer people to Viewpoints all the time because it's an amazing helpful site and I absolutely love using it myself!

Rewards Are Becoming Harder to Achieve

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Viewpoints.com:

I joined Viewpoints.com about a year ago because it seemed like a nice way to earn Amazon money. I like the site, and I like doing reviews for the site. Since doing these reviews, I've noticed how much my grammar is lacking, but it helps that I use grammar and spell check software. It has actually helped me learn to write much better and I've noticed my grammar has improved. Now about Viewpoints. It has become apparent, and this is why I am rewriting this review, that Viewpoints.com has made it harder to earn Amazon money. VIP reviewers, such as I earn triple the rewards for their viewpoint. So, if a review is worth 25 points, you actually earn 75 points. I loved the fact that certain categories were worth double the points, which means I can earn 150 points for each review in that category. The categories changed from week to week, and there were usually were three categories to choose from. However, recently that has changed. Now Viewpoints only gives you double points for certain brands from each category and offers you a chance to win a $100 gift card. The brands are only from a few categories and are not that numerous, on average about two dozen brands. It's enough that half their categories didn't even pay, but this now ensures it's even tougher to make a fair amount of Amazon cash. I have never seen certain categories even give you a reward. I have decided that perhaps it's time for me to move on to a different site, one that will pay a fair price for my opinion, not pennies on the dollar for what it's worth.

Room for improvement

from Wisconsin

Comments about Viewpoints.com:

The concept and function of this site are great! It is quick, painless, straightforward and simple to review products.
Navigation on the other hand, has some room for improvement. I understand that the fewer points they giveaway is the best for them, however it would be nice if there was a section, even in your account, where you could see the double points offers for the week. Sometimes my email goes to spam and I don't see it.
Speaking of my account. It would be nice to see, what reviews were marked as "helpful" which review I did and did not get points for and having the "my rewards" in the "My Account" dropdown was a nice feature when it was there.
Also, navigating through products could be a bit more user friendly. The "e-commerce" section isn't even listed under the categories you can browse and to find a list of them I have had to go back to my Viewpoints email each time.
Thank you for the rewards, don't get me wrong, just noticed a few ways this site could be improved..

New to Viewpoint and loving it

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Viewpoints.com:

Hi I have just join Viewpoints and I am happy I am getting rewarded for my opinion, which is great. I really appreciate it Viewpoints. Viewpoints is a very great website. I am really enjoying expressing my thought on products I like. This site is very useful for finding review on products I like, great job Viewpoints., I'm glad I joined.