Other Marketplace Shopping Websites:
Products, Services
igive.com

igive.com

Great way to give with no extra effort or expense

igive.com is a terrific way for me to do something nice while doing something I was going to do anyway.  I'm an avid online shopper, so I was going to be shopping anyway, and with igive, I'm giving to charity with every purchase.  It eleminates the guilt of splurging a little.  Now when I buy an extra thing I didn't especially need, at least I can feel good that some money is going to help someone.  And I'm a bargain shopper.  A lot of my online shopping is to find things cheaper than I could find them in stores locally.  It's nice to give to charity without it costing me anything extra.

igive is super easy to use.  You just go to igive.com site first, and go to the store from there.  If you know what store you want to shop you can just type it in.  If you don't know where to look for an item, you can type in the item name and it will give you igive affiliated stores that carry it (and some that aren't igive stores, too, if no igive stores carry what you're looking for).  You can also browse by category.  There's no complicated process to keep track of your purchases or codes to enter at the checkouts or anything.  After going to the store from the igive site,you just shop like you normally would.

There's tons of stores that participate in igive.  A bunch of the huge stores participate.And a bunch of small ones that I might have never heard about otherwise have turned out to be really cool.  Ebay even donates a percent of their listing fees (not the whole item price, but the listing fee).  If you Ebay as much as I do, even that tiny bit can really add up in a hurry. Sometimes there's special deals for you,too.  Some stores will give you discounts or free shipping for shopping through igive.

The range of charitys is amazing.  The chances are great that whatever charity you want to benefit is already in their system.  And if it isn't you can add it yourself and give them the adress and they'll send them a check.  So you can raise money for ABSOLUTELY anything.  If you want to give to a big organization like the Red Cross you can, but if you want to give to the homeless shelter in your city or your child's Little League team you can do that too. And you can change what charity you're benefiting however often you'd like.

It's not often in life you get a chance to raise real money for your cause that doesn't cost you a dime and only takes an extra second or two of your time.  No one should shop without igive.

igive.com is a scam

igive.com is a site where you are supposed to be able to earn money for a chosen charity by doing internet searches (1 penny each) and buying things from a wide variety of merchants (a percentage of your purchase is donated). Unlike most other cashback and charity donation sites, Amazon.com is one of the places you can earn money. I do a lot of my shopping on Amazon and thought it would be great for a portion of that to go to my favorite charity.

All the positive reviews here on Viewpoints convinced me it was legitimate and I decided to give it a go. My charity wasn’t listed, but it is a relatively easy process to add new causes. I filled out the form and in no time the money was adding up. After just a few months I was sent an email saying a check was on its way; I asked my charity’s director to let me know when it arrived. It never did. After the required 90 day waiting period for missing checks, I contacted igive to report the missing check (by email, I never could get them to give me any other means to contact them). They emailed back that they would send a new check the following month. I waited and waited but it never came. After the 90 days I contacted igive again and supposedly another check was sent, but that one never turned up either. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt the first time, the second time I was clinging to straws, but by the third time I have to accept that igive.com is a scam and my charity will not get any money from them.

Funny enough, after posting a similar negative review on another site I received a comment from igive customer support assuring me they were legitimate, but they only gave me the same email address I had used before along with a lot of excuses. No money ever came. So I’m afraid they are all talk and no action. I have since deleted my account and removed my charity from their list of causes as I would not want my cause associated with such a dishonest company.

I can only assume all these glowing reviews for igive have been written by people who are unable to check if their cause actually receives the money promised by igive. I can accept that a check might go missing once, but three times in a row is clearly just a scam. AVOID.

igive.com is a scam

from San Antonio, TX

INCREDIBLE!!!

from New York, NY

Comments about igive.com:

INCREDIBLE!!! This website is amazing! It is guilt-free consumerism at it's best. What you earn for your charity is posted only days after you shop. My charity was listed quickly and easily and it didn't cost me anything. Then I told my friends and they were so into it. You can earn for as many charities as you want (not for the same purchase) and things you buy for yourself are for someone else too.

Great way to help a favorite charity

from Gilroy, CA

Comments about igive.com:

I love what this site does and is about. I am able to do my online shopping and at the same time I am able to help out my favorite pet charity and know that they are getting alittle  back. I can't always afford to send them a donation so this is a great way to help them out, especially during the holidays. The constant pop up is sometimes annoying, especially when it  navigates me from the current page I'm on, but it is a nice reminder that there is a donation percentage available and I like knowing how much is being donated. Overall I think its a great website and a great way to help the animals.

The best way to shop online

from Pasadena, CA

Comments about igive.com:

Igive is a great way to support your favorite charity, shopping in places you already shop.Igive has many great stores including lots of large chains.If you can't choose a charity to shop for, try kiva.org.Why not shop through igive and have some of your money go to charity?

Great place to help without extra charge

from Louisville, KY

Comments about igive.com:

IGive gives me the chance to support ANY cause I want to support by shopping online at over 600 shops. It is easy and it is free. They money earned through percentages of the amount I shop go to a charity or group that I choose. This way, I am not bound to choose from a set list of charities but can add my local group, too. Especially if you form groups that shop through IGive you can raise a lot for your favourite cause in a short period of time. We, for example, raised over $600 in less than half a year with about 50 members...not bad, huh? :-)

Great way to raise money for charity

from Fayetteville, NC

Comments about igive.com:

This website is a great way to raise money for the charity of your choice.  This website is also great for exploring lots of stores and products that you may not know about.  The website also offers highlights coupons and other special offers from the stores.  The number of stores has increased over the years, but a lot still aren't there.

Now I enjoy giving.

from 82833

Comments about igive.com:

I started using igive to support my local animal shelter. I've used it 3 times now, and it's great. I like the pop-up window that displays even if I don't go through the igive website. I have never given money to a charity before, but igive makes it so easy and painless that I feel good about shopping, knowing it will contribute to a worthy cause. I live in a small town, where donations for the shelter can be a problem, so this is a good way to make a difference without hurting my budget. I also found some great new stores on the igive list that I'd never visited before!

Love it!

from Bothell, WA

Comments about igive.com:

I love this website . . . I just wish that more companies/websites would be a part of it.  I love the idea of your money going to the charity of your choice.  I work at a computer 9-10 hours a day and do a lot of online shopping, iGive.com is now the first place I go to find gifts or anything I need.  I have sent the website to all of my friends.

Those clicks can sure add up

from Chicago, IL

Comments about igive.com:

What's there not to like about igive.com?  It doesn't cost you a thing to join or shop, and you get to choose the charity to donations go to.  Merchants often have special deals where the percentage donated to your charity increases.  It takes awhile, but all that shopping and clicking does add up.

Shop through iGive.com to earn $ for your favorite cause!

from Cedar Rapids, IA

Comments about igive.com:

Fearless online shoppers, take heart! Your shopping sprees can benefit not just you, but also your most dear charitable organization! iGive.com makes it possible to purchase items and services online while earning donations to the charity of your choice. All you have to do is sign up, choose your charity, and start shopping through the iGive.com Mall. It's easy to use, but if you're only an occasional online shopper, you have to remember to use it! Simply go to the IGive.com Mall and search for the stores or types of items you want to purchase. When you click on the store name, it opens that site for you along with a little popup window showing you the donation the vendor is willing to make to charity. (Sometimes it's 2 percent of your purchase, sometimes it's 4 percent or more.)Continue shopping with the iGive.com window open until you are through with your purchase. The site tracks your purchase and lets the vendor know how much they owe your charity. when your charity earns a minimum amount, they receive a check. The more people shopping for your charity, the faster your charity will earn!Stores available include everything from major department stores to website domain and hosting services like GoDaddy. There are lots of interesting boutique stores as well, which I discovered while participating in iGive.com's surfing contest. (They are giving away even more money!)One drawback is that iGive.com tends to send quite frequent emails to its users, which can be a nuisance during busy times. But it's all good because they do well at keeping you informed about bonus donations and new stores.I recommend www.iGive.com, especially during the busy holiday season!