3.2
VS194
Vidal Sassoon Gold Series Professional Flat Iron

Vidal Sassoon Gold Series Professional Flat Iron

3.2

My one hair hero for almost 6 years is the Vidal Sassoon Iron.

I convinced my parents into buying me this flat iron about six years ago, and today it works just as well as the first time I used it.  This has manageable heat settings and heats up very quickly, so you don't have to sit around and wait for an hour for your iron to heat up (I have a friend that actually waits an hour and a half for hers, of course, hers is not Vidal Sassoon).  I would say that in a good 3 minutes or less, the iron heats up to the selected setting.  Now to the fun part, I divide my hair into sections and run my flat iron through the small selections of hair.  Swish, swish, and voila!  My hair is sleek and straight!  Don't be fooled into buying irons that say "wet to staright", there's no such thing, your hair will end up damaged and frizzy.  If you use this iron properly (hair completely clean and dry), you will have sleek and luxuriously straight hair.  This device has become a must for me.  I don't know what I would do without it!

Wish I had know of Viewpoints before buying this flat iron

A few years ago I finally had my hair cut short (stacked in back with sides tapering toward my chin) and needed a flat iron to style it. My hair isn't curly, but does have a bit of a wave to it and the ends like to flip upwards instead of laying flat. I wish now I had known of Viewpoints.com back then, because I have experienced some of the same disappointments as others reviewing this flat iron! I know it wasn't expensive, but even so it should heat to a higher temperature than it does, and quicker than it does! When I use it I have to hold the two ceramic plates tight with my hair in it and slowly move it down the length of the hair I am straightening. After doing this it made very little change...it needs to heat to a higher temperature!!! I am also disappointed in the on/off switch location. I read someones review who wrote they love the locking on/off switch...what locking switch???? Mine does not have one and with it located where it is I sometimes accidentally turn it off while using it....this is not what I need when it isn't heating up enough anyway! After giving it my best attempt to like it, I finally put it in the cupboard and will probably donate it to Goodwill. Have since bought a more expensive model and am much more pleased with the way it is working! Going to write a review for it too!!

Wish I had know of Viewpoints before buying this flat iron

Its not that great...

Comments about Vidal Sassoon Gold Series Professional Flat Iron:

I had this flat iron for about a year. It was okay for someone that did not style their hair that much, like me. It look longer then needed to just straighten my hair. But once I started to care for my hair and styling it more, I switched and got a better one. I also had noticed that this flat iron made my hair kind of dry.

Straight and shiny

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Vidal Sassoon Gold Series Professional Flat Iron:

This flat iron is really well not the best one ive ever had but it does its job really good i should know i have one of these in the bathroom, i have long curly hair and i like to straighten it ot in fact i always straighten my hair almost daily and i don't think i wuld be able to live without a flat iron. i usually buy one everytime one breaks or stops working for some reason but this one i;ve had for two years now  and its holding out like a champ and I use the thing alot. And i also use it on my friends hair. When im travelling its easy to take along with me it fits ight into my back pack and im off. the only thing is if my hair the slightest biut wet steam comes out and makes a iszzle noise which kinda reminds me of food and isnt to pleasant to hear while fixing your hair in the morning. I would definately reccomend this produt to my friends or family, but if it does give out in the future im going to gfet a chi

This product is ok but not the greatest

from Calais, ME

Comments about Vidal Sassoon Gold Series Professional Flat Iron:

I have many hair straightner that ive racked up over the years along with the vidal sasson flat iron. The vidal sasson flat iron is one of the cheaper ones and i dont think it works as well as others i have. It does heat up to a ok temperature however it takes way longer to heat up then others and it also takes alot longer to fix your hair when using it.

When I use the vidal sassoon iron it takes about an hourto do my hair which is aweful considering although my hair is a bit thick it is very short. This iron just doesn't get hot enough.  I have to continously go over the same peices of hair about 3-5 times, instead of just going over it once. ".

When i finally get my hair done it looks ok, it does an okay job but it just takes a long time  which if you have somewhere to go or limited time it can really pose a problem. And if you are looking for a warrenty well it doesnt come with one. This can be another problem cause if something goes wrong you need to go and spend more money to get a new one.

Great product

from North Tonawanda, NY

Comments about Vidal Sassoon Gold Series Professional Flat Iron:

I purchased one of these Vidal Sassoon flat irons for my self to try because I love the looks it gives, and I had researched the pros and cons of various flat irons trying to figure out the differences and why some are so expensive.  This flat iron was inexpensive but had all of the characteristics of other flat irons that cost more and it works beautifully on my hair.  I have thinner hair but it gets frizzy and this flat iron did not burn it. My seventeen year old  daughter all ready owned a flat iron that was very expensive but tryed this one after I had been using it and I ended up buying her one too. She has thick wavy shoulder length hair and it works just as well on her. She loves it. It heats up quickly. The two settings are for course and fine but both work great and I love the fact that you can lock the setting in so that you don't turn it off by accident. This is definitely a good product, not lacking in quality .

Doesn't straighten my hair

from New Haven, CT

Comments about Vidal Sassoon Gold Series Professional Flat Iron:

I have hair that's, for the most part, straight. So what I'm asking this little machine to do isn't that big of a task. It's not as if I'm trying to control an impossibly large, curly mane by trying to straighten it; I just want the ends and occasional bend in my hair straightened so that it's not sticking out. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I just don't possess the patience needed for hair-straightening, but this thing never works for me. It just heats up my hair and makes it softer than it already is, without actually doing anything to it. I've tried it when my hair's dry, I've tried it when my hair was somewhat damp, I've tried it when I had bottles of hair products doused in it. Nothing.

Perhaps it's me. Perhaps you're a better, more knowledgeable and more patient hair-straightening person than I am. In that case, go buy this product and work wonders with it. Otherwise you should probably invest your money in a more consistently performing appliance.

Vidal Sassoon Ceramic Flat Iron waste of money

from Yukon, OK

Comments about Vidal Sassoon Gold Series Professional Flat Iron:

This was my first flat iron I got and it was a waste of money.  I have fine straight hair and was wanting something to give it the smooth finished look and this was not the iron to do it.  It would get it completely straight with multiple times going over it.  I also got it for my daughter to use.  She has thick hair with natural curl to it.  This flat iron did not straighten her hair all the way.  Even on the highest heat setting it could not straighten her hair.  We would have to go over it multiple times and still it would not be straight.  It was a cheaper flat iron but not worth it because it does not do what it is supose to do. I would not recommend this to anyone.  It does not do what it is suppose to and even at a cheap price it is not worth the money.  I would find a different brand to use for a flat iron.  I have liked my hair dryers I have gotten that were Vidal Sassoon but not the flat iron.  Do not waste your money.

I was surprised at Vidal Sassoons Flat Iron performance

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Vidal Sassoon Gold Series Professional Flat Iron:

I decided to change my natural wavy hair.  I usually use a curling iron to smooth it out and it turns out pretty well until the next morning, its all wavy again.  A friend of mine said I should try a Flat Iron.  She said on her permed hair, sometimes she likes it straight and her flat iron does the trick.  She recommended I try the Vidal Sassoon Flat Iron that she uses.  She said she tried another brand and was not happy with the results.   I asked my hair dresser about using this type of product on my hair since I do have blonde streaks bleached into my hair which she said takes years off my face.  So I went and purchased the Vidal Sassoon Flat Iron and couldn't wait to try it.  Like I said in my Sound Bite "I was surprised......."   well, not only was I surprised but I was very disappointed.  The first time I used it on a low setting, and yes I did read the instructions, I was disappointed at the result.  I had straight hair in most of my hair, however, the ends were appearing burnt!  I went over my friends house and she even said 'what happened'.  We washed and super conditioned my hair and she used the iron on my hair.  The same result!  Her hair is shinny and sleek and mine is just dull, straight and now I am going this afternoon to get my ends trimmed off.

Vidal Sassoon Flat Iron for Coarse Wavy Hair is Good at best.

from Atwater, CA

Comments about Vidal Sassoon Gold Series Professional Flat Iron:

I had purchased my Vidal Sassoon Flat Iron a few years ago from a local drug store. I am not one to pay a lot when it comes to my hair products and tools. The price was well within my range, so I purchased it knowing I could return it if were not up to par. That was three years ago, and this flat iron is still going strong. It has outlasted all of my previous flat iron's lifespans by leaps and bounds. Not to mention, with little effort, it (still) gets my thick, coarse, wavy hair sleek and shiny.

This is one of the easiest flat irons on the markets to use. Plug in, switch the button on, and choose the number of the heat control according to your hair type. Like any other flat iron, you need to read the insert and know your hair type before using. Too high of a setting on any flat iron can burn your hair. I do recommend using a heat protectorant spray to protect while heat styling.

That being said, my flat iron is still ironin'. I am grateful for an inexpensive product of such good quality.

Vidal Sasson flat iron ROCKS w/o emptying ur POCK... ;)

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Vidal Sassoon Gold Series Professional Flat Iron:

I have owned this Vidal Sasson flat iron for 2 1/2 yrs now. I bought it as a poor student, when that was all I could afford. After 6 months of buying it i got a job, and though I could then afford more expensive flat irons I never felt the wish/ need to leave my vidal sasson! It was excellent and quick at heating up and then staightened my thick wavy hair nicely in less than 30 minutes. Let me add- they take about 20 minutes in the parlour to do it, but I am no professional, so 30 minutes works fine for me! I would definitely reccomend this brand to my friends! I may even pass this on to my neice if I do buy another one after a couple of years! But the next one is gonna be a vidal sasson too for sure..love it!