Other Flat Irons:

CHI Breast Cancer Awareness Limited Edition 1" Ceramic Flat Iron

Pros

Cons

This CHI Flat Iron

I have owned my CHI Flat Iron for over 5 years and have never had a problem with this product, the durability is unreal. It has not worn, or cracked, I have dropped it many times and has not hurt any part of it and as with other Irons I have used or tested they have not measured up to the CHI. The heating element is great does not drag when in use, slides through my hair leaving it shiny and silky. My hair is thick and curly so with most irons it's a task to keep having to go back over the same area just to get the look I want. My CHI does not split or break my hair with the high heat element it is at an even set temperature all the time keeps the guessing out of trying to figure out what temperature to set it at. The ceramic has not discolored and is still very easy to clean, I have just had to use a soft cloth to wipe off the residue of my hair products that have stuck on the ceramic part of the iron. The CHI is sold at a very good price and well worth every penny. I love it and would not go to any other product when looking for a product I use everyday with heat. The CHI is available Online and at different stores, I purchased mine at J C Penney's Salon with the store sale and the coupon I received I had made out price wise. So if you are looking for a great product for your hair and on an iron you would and could use daily the CHI is your best investment.

I loved it until sparks started to fly out of it..

This flat iron worked great. I used it daily and it made my very curly hair strait as a board. I loved the color. The size was great. I travel alot and it was super portable. I could take it with me in my bag. Given I carry a preety good size bag. It's a good price and not to bad quality. It was my sidekick for as long as I had it. It lasted about a year before it started to malfunction. As I said it was used daily sometimes multiple times a day. Around the seven month mark it stopped heating up as fast and it started getting cooler. The cord began to tangle up in itself for no apperant reason and I never wind the cord around the flat iron. That damages it. I always stored it properly however somehow it would get twisted. One day I plugged it in and sparks flew out of it. This happend several times after that. I used if a few more times after but eventually it just stopped working all together. Overall, aside from the sparks. It was worth the sale price. I say try it and you might have more luck than me.

people think I really have straight hair!

from New York, NY

Comments about CHI Breast Cancer Awareness Limited Edition 1" Ceramic Flat Iron:

I have very curly hair and blowing it dry without the use of a flat iron can leave it frizzy. I have tried every hair product before blowing it dry and it still doesn't do the trick. I have purchased the best hair dryers and the best brushes, and it still doesn't do the trick. The CHI makes my hair silky smooth every time. I like that it has several heat settings so I can customize it. Because it can go to 450, I can straighten all my hair in under a minute if I am in a rush. Unlike other flat irons that I have used in the past, this one does not snag my hair or break it as I move it down the strands. My one suggestion would be that since it gets so incredibly hot, you should use a heat protecting spray. My personal favorite is by a french company called Davines, but you can find these protecting sprays in the drug store for less money as well.

I have had this CHI since 2008 (7 years). My best friend has had hers longer and it just broke. Overall, I would say that is pretty good quality!

Great Product for a great cause

from Wesley Chapel, FL

I love this flatiron. I love any CHI products, but this one is pink and supports a good cause which makes it even better. I have owned CHI brands in the past and they have always held up really well. I know they can be more expensive, but you really get what you pay for and this product exceeds my expectations. I would recommend this for anyone looking for a good, long lasting flat iron. GREAT PRODUCT!

I have never had any problems with this product, or any CHI product in general. The heat is perfect and comes out even so it doesn't damage your hair. I use this flat iron along with CHI styling products for a perfect style.

This product is long lasting and very durable. CHI products have always been very durable in the past and this product has actually held up even better. I have seen cheaper flat irons, but they tend to rust and damage your hair, this flat iron will not rust or cause any damage.

Amazing Time Saver!

I can't believe how easy and quickly I was able to finish straightening my hair! I have curly hair naturally and with my old straightener it took me around 2 hours to straighten my hair but with the CHI it only took me 20 minutes! Also I found my hair was less frizzy then when I would use my old straightener! I am so glad I received this product as a Christmas present last year and I would never go back to using a different straightener. I take my CHI with me to every sleepover and all my friends beg me to straighten their hair! It is so amazing and I would recommend this product to anyone! I need to buy one for my sister who has the hair of ANNIE! It is a tough little straightener and I have dropped it so many times. It hasn't broken or given me any problems and I've had it for years! My mother has one as well and we share each others and the other members of our household try to sneak them away into their rooms. They really are great!

Best flat iron ever!

I have insanely curly hair, and have never liked the way it looks. I have tried multiple flatirons over the years, and while they worked, I never had that WOW factor. I bought a CHI flat iron at the recommendation of my hair stylist and was amazed. My flat ironing time has been cut in half, and I don't need to use a ton of product on my hair to keep it straight!

cute and works well

I have had both the original Chi and this patterned Chi. I love the color pink so I had to have this one! The Chi is a great hair straightener that is used by a lot of salons and hair stylists but it's also affordable so that you can buy one for yourself :) It works GREAT, gives long silky hair, and will last you a while! It gets really hot, which helps keep your hair straight for longer. I've had mine for about 5 years.

Best straightner out there!

No only does this straightner live up to what the chi standards are but just the charity is amazing. Gets people aware of breast cancer and I do believe some of the proceeds go to the breast cancer awareness foundation. It sucks its limited edition though so if its out you want to snag it as soon as you can. It is expensive though so that is not always easy but is definitely worth every penny spent.

I have medium length,thick hair. This straightner does me justice. It gives me the straight hair I want and I've even used it to curl my hair. I recommend the chi heat protecting spray for all chi products really. The straightner gets to super high degree and too much best with no protection can potentially be bad.

All chi products last years and years with good care. This straightner is no different. Just remember do not get this product wet at all and do not drop it. I recommend keeping it in the box or getting like a bag or cover for it.

Amazing and Stylish

This is an amazing hair straightener! It works smoothly and it only take about 10 minutes to straighten my hair! It warms up fast and is easy to use. CHI hair straighteners are the best! Definitely recommend this flat iron. I own at least three CHI flat irons because they work so good! My sister also owns plenty of CHI flat irons and she is loving them too. If you're looking for an affordable and effective flat iron, this is the one. Hurry and try to get a hand on one!

Great straightener

I have had my straightener for a few years now, and it still works as well as the day I bought it. The straightener gives my hair a nice, straight sheen the first pass through. Very rarely do I need to go over my hair again. I do get some fly-aways while straightening my hair, though that may be due to my hair texture and the amount that I dye my hair. Overall very happy with the product.

Chi Limited Edition 1" Ceramic Flat Iron

My mom bought this Chi Breast Cancer Awareness Limited Edition 1" Ceramic Flat Iron for me for Christmas. I had heard from many friends that Chi irons work really well on their hair, and they definitely gave me good advice!

Having used other brands of hair irons in the past, I was amazed at how well the Chi works. I am not sure what the secret is, other than the fact that it does get very hot. It makes even my long, thick, wavy hair fairly quick to iron, which is quite a feat!

I also love that you can use this iron to curl your hair. Youtube has some great tutorials on how to curl your hair using a flat iron, and my Chi does a great job. It is very nice to just have one tool for straightening or curling hair!

This one downside of this particular Chi iron is that it sometimes tugs on strands of hair as I am using the iron. Another Chi hair iron that I have used does not do that at all, so it may just be this one. That said, it is still a really high quality product that I love using.

Worth Every Single Penny

from Owensboro, KY

I do not like to indulge and pay a pricey amount for anything typically. A friend talked me into investing in a Chi since I was having issues with my previous straightener not keeping my thick hair straight. It was an investment I will never regret and should something happen to my Chi, I will be the first to go out and purchase another.
I can straighten my hair in a matter of 10 minutes now whereas before it would take me 30 minutes +. (For any mothers out there, you know how doable spending 30 minutes on your hair is.) The straightener heats up in a matter of seconds (literally) and is ready to go. As with all products using heat, I would recommend using a thermal protectant product when you use it to prevent hair damage.
I have had my Chi for 4 going on 5 years and I have had zero problems with it. Saying that is saying a lot on account that the poor thing has been through a lot of abuse. It has even been dropped in the toilet (the joys of motherhood). It is still working perfectly to this very day. I believe that would prove how durable this wonderful product is.