Other Sleeping Pills & Snoring Remedies:

Vicks ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid LiquiCaps

Pros

Cons

• Side Effects:

A night saver, great for jet lag!

The bottom line: ZZZQuil will make you fall asleep fast, and stay asleep longer. Great for fighting off jet lag!

ZZZQuil contains Diphenhydramine HCI is a is a antihistamine , which is the exact same ingredient you can find in allergy products such as Benadryl. It helps treat symptoms of allergies but is also known to help you relax and fall asleep. By taking 50 mg at night, you are almost guaranteed to fall sleep faster, and stay asleep much longer than you normally would if you have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, like myself.

My husband and I had to move to a house on a military base that has 1. a rail road track with 2 passages without barriers about 300 yards from our house (and the train comes through and sounds its horn about 5 times a night), and 2. an airplane runway about 150 yards from our house with Boeing 777 taking off and landing all day and late into the night. because of the living situation, I literally completely stopped being able to fall asleep naturally, much less stay asleep for more than two hours at a time. I started taking ZZQuil to see if that would help me fall asleep at all. From the very first night of use, it has worked miracles. I can no, finally, fall asleep, and stay asleep, in spite of the stress brought by the trains and planes. I also travel to Europe three times a year, and I never leave home without my ZZquil. As soon as I get to my destination, I will take a dose that very night and am able to get over jet lag within two to three days. Without ZZZQuil, it will take me up to a week to get over jet lag.

You can either take just one 25 mg dose, or if you really have insomnia, go with the 50 mg dosage, which is what I take every night before bed time. It works like a charm.

Immediacy
I take my nightly dose about thirty minutes before bed time, around 10 pm, and I am always asleep by 10:30 pm, and am able to sleep through the night until about 7:30 am.

Side Effects
I have not detected any side effects on myself, but I do have to say that some morning I have felt a bit groggy from sleeping so soundly during the night. It never takes me long to get over it though.

stick to the liquid for better timing and control.

I have tried both the liquid and pill versions of this product and i do not care much for the pill version. in my opinion it seems to take longer to work and its random amounts of time it starts based on when you take it where as with the liquid i can better know when its about to hit and i know when i wake up i wont feel groggy. also it last to long into my waking hours so i felt all fatigued the next day. they taste blah going down and i kept burping up they outer coating flavor.and they where in my opinion a bit hard to get down so i had to drink a lot of water with them. how ever they do work just so long as you take them way ahead of when you need to get to sleep and i do not recommend taking if you can not get at least 8 straight hours of sleep. also they do work better for travel as they are not sticky and if traveling by air they are gell caps not a giant liquid bottle. i tired this product 7 times just to make sure of my opinion but the liquid is just better.

a bit hard to swallow

Immediacy
took a long time after i took them to kick in

Side Effects
left me feeling groggy the next day

Works Great

from Hesperia, CA

Comments about Vicks ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid LiquiCaps:

I have really bad insomnia and have tried just about every product out there. ZzzQuil works better than anything I have ever tried. It may be a bit pricier than reaching for a store brand sleep aid but it is definitely worth the cost. It works very quickly to help me get to sleep and does a good job at keeping me asleep. I would recommend this product to anyone suffering from insomnia.

It is an extremely effective product. It works quicker than any other product I have tried. It is great and allowing me to sleep through the night as well.

The liquid capsules really are the most convenient way to take it. I think it is part of why it is so effective too.

Immediacy
Works very quickly. I usually try to take it about 15 to 30 minutes before I want to fall asleep. Usually within 15 minutes you can feel it start working.

Side Effects
Really no side effects to worry about. Just make sure you take it when you can get a full nights sleep. I normally get up around 6am so I try to take it by 9pm the night before. If you don't get enough sleep you could be left a little groggy the next day.

Very Powerful Sleep Aid

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Vicks ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid LiquiCaps:

ZzzQuil is an exceptionally potent sleeping aid. As a long-time prescription Ambien user, I can honestly say that this over the counter ZzzQuil from Vick’s is significantly stronger than the prescription sleeping pill Ambien, which certainly surprised me. I decided to give these a try because I always got such amazing sleep when taking NyQuil, and I was definitely impressed at their effectiveness. They WILL knock you out, and it will not take very long to do so. Within about thirty minutes, I felt as though I literally had no option but to fall asleep. To continue reading a book or something would have been impossible, and my muscles felt like they were completely unable to move. The disadvantage of this being so very strong is that it is very difficult to wake up. I really find it hard to obey my alarm clock if I have taken these. If you do not have a window of sleep time of at least eight hours, I would strongly advise against taking these because you are going to still be exhausted and sluggish the next day. I would recommend these for people who have not responded well to other over the counter sleep aids.

• Side Effects:

A night saver, great for jet lag!

Best Sleep

Comments about Vicks ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid LiquiCaps:

I'm currently a college student so my sleep schedule is awful! When I do go to bed early (around 10pm) I'm back up around 5am until 11 am. This causes me to take long naps during the day and stay up all night. I decided to give the ZzzQuil a shot. It really worked for me. I was able to sleep through the night and feel rejuvenated the next morning. I would suggest taking the pills on a night when you don't have to get up the next morning just so you could see how it works out for you. It doesn't take long to fall asleep either.

• Side Effects:

ZzzQuil didn't really do what I expected.

Comments about Vicks ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid LiquiCaps:

I had bought this because I really wasn't sleeping that great and was having trouble falling asleep at night. The very first time I took it, I followed the directions and everything and I slept less that night than I had been previously! I was tossing and turning and felt wired almost all night! I finally fell asleep around 4:30 AM and had to get up at 7:30AM so, ZzzQuil really didn't help me out. I won't be using it anymore.

As I previously stated, ZzzQuil really didn't aid in me falling asleep. I tossed and turned and felt wired all night when I took it. I definitely will not really be taking them again, unless I need an energy boost.

They were easy to take and the directions were easy to follow.

Immediacy
They didn't really do what I expected them to, but the results were pretty quick. I started feeling wired up pretty quickly after I took them.

Side Effects
The side effects for me were that I was hyped up and couldn't sleep hardly at all.

• Side Effects:

not as effective as i would like

Comments about Vicks ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid LiquiCaps:

I recently bought the pill form of zzzquil instead of my usual liquid form. In my opinion it didn't make me drowsy as fast, probably because of the gelcaps. Also I found myself waking up in the middle of the night. With the liquid form I sleep all night with no problems.

Sometimes I sleep for a full 8 hours no problem, so the effectiveness is great. Although there are those nights I wake up in a few hours I would still recommend it.

• Side Effects:

really great for regulating sleep schedule

Comments about Vicks ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid LiquiCaps:

I purchased Zzzquil after trying a few other sleep aids and I must say this is great for occasional sleeplessness. I wouldn't recommend taking it for an extended period of time but if your sleep schedule is a little off it is a great fix. I was working at a 24- hour convenient store and after a while of switching between second and third shift I had trouble with my sleep schedule. I purchased this after seeing several television ads and even though it's a bit pricey it works. I took the directed dosage the night before my day off because I was unsure of how well it would work. I slept very well and woke up feeling refreshed and didn't sleep all day either like some have caused me to do. I took the Zzzquil for a few nights consecutively and then stopped for a while and had no negative side-effects. I typically wake up groggy because I do enjoy sleep and I am not pleasant to wake up. I keep a box in the medicine cabinet for the occasional insomnia. My husband also takes them because he is a tow truck operator and in the event he gets a late night call and can't fall asleep he will take a couple of capsules and fall asleep right away. It takes a few minutes to kick in but once it does it doesn't take long for you to fall asleep. I suggest only taking the product until you are home and won't have anywhere else to go or anything to take care of. I'm a smaller framed person and it doesn't take long for me to feel the effects (about 10-15 minutes) but my husband typically has a higher tolerance and has to take one or two more or it would take up to an hour to kick in. When he took Zzzquil he started to get sleepy in about 30-40 minutes after taking it. Everyone is different but I would highly recommend taking it only a few minutes before bed until you get an idea of how it will affect you. Overall, this is great for occasional use but continuously using the product, like any other, will cause your body to get used to it and it will be less likely to work as well.

• Side Effects:

Not a lifesaver, but helpful once in awhile.

Comments about Vicks ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid LiquiCaps:

I prefer the pill form to the liquid for easy dosage. It will not cure full-blown insomnia, but it will help you relax enough to get to bed when you really need to. It is a little pricy though compared to alternative options.

It helps me get to sleep when I'm slightly on edge from a busy day at work, but it is never helped me when I disrupt my sleep cycle working random overnight shifts. It is not a miracle sleep pill.

I take the pill form, and it can not be easier to swallow. The capsules are fortunately much smaller than your original NyQuil pill. I still need to wash it down with water.

Immediacy
To be honest, if I want to, I can force myself to stay up after taking it if I wanted to. However, if you lay down with the lights off immediately after taking the pill, you can knock out in about half an hour or so.

Side Effects
Surprisingly, I can wake up without too much of an issue, as long as I get 7 hours or so of sleep. No major grogginess occurs for me.

Vicks ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-aid LiquiCaps effective/expensive

Comments about Vicks ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid LiquiCaps:

Vicks ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-aid LiquiCaps worked for me, but I won't buy them again. The price per dose is very high.

I occasionally have difficulty falling asleep. Once I'm asleep, I usually sleep through the night, but sometimes it takes me what I consider too long to fall asleep.

So I tried Vicks ZzzQuil Nightime Sleep-aid. I have used NyQuil and DayQuil products for cold/flu symptoms, and they work for me. The worst thing about NyQuil is the horrible taste. So I chose the ZzzQuil pills instead of the liquid.

The first time I tried it, I took it very early (about 8:30 PM). I did not want to have any "left-over" drowsiness in the morning, so I figured taking it early would allow it to get out of my system.

I started to feel a little drowsy after about 10 minutes. After 15 minutes, I could not keep my eyes open! I fell sound asleep and slept through the night. I woke up at 5:30 am (my planned wake-up time) feeling rested and refreshed!

It was a success!

I used ZzzQuil occasionally (maybe once or twice a month).

Then one day I did some research into the product by reading reviews (like this one). I was told that the effective ingredient is diphenhydramine HCl 25 mg. That's Benadryl!

I asked my pharmacist and he confirmed it. I could take Benadryl (or generic Benadryl) and get the same results for much less cost per dose.

So that's what i do now.

That's why I am giving a rating a 7. Vicks ZzzQuil Nightime Sleep-aid works. It works very well. But I can get the same results for less money!

It works great! I fell asleep quickly. I slept soundly throughout the night. I woke up refreshed and rested. It's a great product!

How easy can it be. Take the pill. Fall asleep!

Immediacy
It works very quickly. Within 10 to 15 minutes, I cannot keep myself awake. zzzzzzz

Side Effects
No side effects for me. I have never tried taking it and sleeping less than 8 hours. That might be a problem.

Fast but not effective

Comments about Vicks ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid LiquiCaps:

After about 20 minutes of using I became tired. The first time I used this I slept for a good 8 hours and woke up refreshed. Everytime since, whenever I use it I fall asleep quickly but wake up within an hour or two feeling groggy but not being able to go back to sleep.