Other Sleeping Pills & Snoring Remedies:

Nature's Bounty Melatonin

Pros

Cons

It really works !!

I was up all night tossing and turning could not sleep, I would be so tired during the day I could hardly function.. My doctor suggested 5 mg of Melatonin every-night about a hour before I go to bed, It worked great, when I went to purchase more Melatonin I didn't pay attention and didn't realize there where two kinds regular or fast acting, I started to have a difficult time sleeping again and went to my local drug store and asked if I should up the dose, that's when we realized I had purchased the fast acting Melatonin, the pharmacists said the fast acting will make some people tired and more relaxed quickly but wears off quickly. I went back to the regular Melatonin and I'm back to sleeping good and feeling great in the morning.

Nature's Bounty Melatonin is an iffy purchase!

For me personally, Nature's Bounty Melatonin doesn't work too well. It states that it helps you fall asleep, but it does the complete opposite for me! It wakes me right up, and even makes me hyper as if I have just drank coffee or soda. It does say on the box that results may vary, but from my personal experience Nature's Bounty Melatonin doesn't do what it says. I've taken a large variety of sleeping medication over the years, so don't expect any of them to completely knock you out, because it doesn't work like that, but this product doesn't even give me the slightest bit of relaxation like most do. Other than the poor experience, let's get onto the product. It comes in a fairly tiny rubber-like capsule which is filled with some type of liquid, they are quite bouncy and smooth. They aren't a trouble to swallow, or hold. One thing I'd be careful about is accidentally knocking over the bottle, or it slipping from your hand. My cat knocked it off of a night stand about 2 feet from the ground, and lets just say I found about 20 of the 40-some that spilled.

Nature's Bounty Melatonin did the complete opposite of what was offered to me, made me hyper as if I'd just consumed some type of caffeine. The results may vary though, it's stated on the packaging!

I had no particular troubles with swallowing, or even getting the pills out of the bottle. It comes in an extremely easy to open bottle, and are pretty tiny so no issues swallowing them.

Immediacy
Since the Nature's Bounty Melatonin had the opposite effect on me, I will state how fast it made me hyper. I took Nature's Bounty Melatonin an hour before I was ready for bed, which was 9:00pm. I went and laid down in my bed with the lights off at 9:30, and that's when it hit me, time to go time to go time to go! So I would say it took roughly a half hour to "wake" me up.

Side Effects
Although Nature's Bounty Melatonin says that the results may vary, this did absolutely the opposite of what it is supposed to do for me.

beware of product, contains sucrolose

from Kenai Peninsula, Alaska

About Me Health Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Swallow

Cons

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

Why on earth would anyone put an ingredient like sucralose (splenda) in melatonin? I have used melatonin for years but decided to use this brand this time, never again. I am sensitive to and possibly allergic to sucralose. My reaction, that I can detect, is my eyes gum up, heaven only knows what else it is doing to me, inside. I kept waking up with gummy eyes. I knew I hadn't had any food with sucralose, finally read fine print on label.... What could possibly be a reason for this ingredient.. and what it makes me believe is that some of the other ingredients might not be good for human consumption either.

The natural way to receive a good night's sleep!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

Let me just start off with, I have been taking this supplement for over four years now. I suffer from insomnia, and my doctor wanted to prescribe me sleeping pills. I have heard awful things about sleeping pills, so I rejected them and decided to try to find an alternative.

That's when I found Nature's Bounty Melatonin. When I first started taking melatonin four years ago, I started out on a very low dose of 2.5mg. For about two years, I would take half of a tablet every night. Then, my body started getting used to the 2.5mg, so now I am at 5mg. per night which is still a healthy dose.

I normally take 5mg of melatonin about two hours before I go to sleep. This is because melatonin is time-released. Nature's Bounty Melatonin provides me with a good sleep, and I always wake up refreshed and ready to start my day.

A side effect that goes along with this taking this supplement is you almost always have very vivid dreams. I enjoy this, but others may not. Another side effect that melatonin has is if you do not sleep the required six to eight hours, you will wake up feeling tired and groggy.

Overall, I feel that Nature's Bounty Melatonin is a much better sleeping supplement than actual sleeping pills. They're natural and much healthier.

Ineffective

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

I was very disappointed when I tried Nature's Bounty Melatonin as a sleep aid. It took over an hour for the product to even make me feel the least bit sleepy. I took the recommended dose, yet I found it difficult to go to sleep. When I woke up in the middle of the night, it was impossible for me to go back to sleep.

beware of side effects

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

I had a job interview after a 24 hour flight on the other side of the world. So I wanted to make sure that I get some sleep and be fresh for the interview. My mistake was that i didn't try these pills before the day before and I didn't not know how my body would handle it. But I really couldn't sleep because of jet lag and I decided to take my chances. after taking the pill I was able to get to sleep by 2am and I didn't wake up until 8am so I got a decent amount of sleep. I was pleased and I felt good. Then after breakfast i took a cab to the place where I had the interview and as soon as the cab started driving I felt really dizzy and almost like throwing up. I barely made it to the location and I had to sit in the bathroom for half an hour to recover. I didn't actually throw up but I was nauseous for a long time. I don't know how other people react to melatonin but definitely try it before the day you actually need it.

Very effective in aiding sleep

• Side Effects:

Great regulator of sleeping habits

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

Transitioning from college to the real world was tough considering it was nothing to stay up until 2:30am every night. Nature's Bounty Melatonin helped me get back to a normal sleep schedule and I never get that groggy feeling in the morning that I get from other sleep aids. I love that it is natural so i don't have to worry about damaging my body.

Only reason I wouldn't rate it a 10 is that it isn't as strong as other sleep aids.

Small pill is easy to swallow.

Immediacy
      It takes a little longer than other sleep aids to kick in. It also won't hit you like other products will. It is more of a gradual transition into sleep.

Side Effects
      I didn't experience any which is why i love it.

• Side Effects:

My 13 yr old son has been taking this since he was 9! It works!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

My son suffers from mental health issues and one of the side effects of those is severe insomnia. We have tried several prescription medications and either they didn't work, had adverse effects or the side effects were horrible. I hated putting my son on anything not herbal/natural so his psychiatrist recommended Melatonin. Wow! What a difference. Worked within 20 mins, he slept great the first night of taking it and had 0 side effects. As he grew we did have to up the mgs but other than that no complaints! I use it too when I can't sleep and so do my other kids. Great household herbal remedy to sleepless nights.

Kicks in as soon as 15 mins and no longer than a half an hour. Lasts throughout the entire night and does not leave my son or anyone who uses it, feeling groggy in the morning.

My son is not keen on taking pills but these are not that big compared to some of the horse pills that are prescribed or OTC for sleep.

Immediacy
      Sometimes it seems to take a little longer than expected to kick in but I think that really depends on how tired the person is who is taking it and if they are taking the correct dosage.

Side Effects
      My entire family who has taken it or for my son who takes it on an almost nightly basis has zero side effects.

Natural sleep aid

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

I sometimes struggle with bouts of insomnia due to two small children and a lot of stress. It makes it difficult to get a good night sleep, which makes me cranky and irritable the entire next day. This only compounds the longer I am without sleep. I don't like traditional sleeping medicines because while they help me sleep, I often wake up the next morning feeling hung over, ever when taking half a dose. Melatonin doesn't give me that sort of groggy feeling the next day.

Rarely do I have a night of sleeplessness after taking my capsule of Melatonin.

Open the bottle and pop one of the small pills, can't get much easier than that!

Immediacy
      You definitely need to put yourself in a restful state for it to work, since it is a brain chemical. It won't put you to sleep if you sitting at the computer staring at a blaring screen. About 20-30 minutes in a comfortable darkened room is what you need.

Side Effects
      I do not wake up groggy the next morning with these pills, but I have noticed VERY vivid dreams on the nights I use Melatonin to sleep.

Great for Insomniacs

from Wake Forest, NC

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

After suffering from Insomnia for months, my doctor prescribed me a prescription sleep aid. I eventually decided to try to come off the prescription and try melatonin. While it still takes me a while to go to sleep. I am able to take Melatonin instead of the prescription I was on, and still get the sleep I need. Also, I am able to not be completely out of it during the night. With the prescription, I wouldn't be able to wake up unless it had been several hours, but with Melatonin I am not as droggy after waking up and if I need to wake up before having 6-8 hours of sleep, I am still coherent. If you have trouble sleeping I would definitely recommend talking to your doctor about whether Melatonin could be a helpful sleep aid.

• Side Effects:

Everyone should know about this stuff!

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

This product is wonderful! My wife was the one who took it first upon recommendation from her obstetrician. When she was pregnant with our second child, she began having trouble sleeping as her pregnancy progressed. Because it is a natural substance occurring in the brain, it does no damage to the development of an unborn child. I also began taking it when I began a "graveyard shift" job. Both my wife and myself have been taking this for years. It is non-habit forming and has no side effects. What more could you ask for ? The only caution is that upon ingesting melatonin, at the first sign of drowsiness, close your eyes and go to sleep. If you fight it, the feeling will pass and sleep may be hard to capture.

This substance is most effective and rarely have I heard of it not working in those who have tried it. I have turned many people on to this stuff, all with satisfied results.

It is sold over-the-counter and is very affordable, not to mention that several companies produce it. You can pay bargain prices for it, or spend a little extra on the name-brand stuff. How easy is that?

Immediacy
      You take 2 tablets and within 15-20 minutes, it begins to take effect. It does not work the second that you swallow them, but once taken, lying down and reading a few pages is all it takes before you begin to feel drowsy.

Side Effects
      I have never experienced any side effects whatsoever, neither has my wife. As stated earlier, this product was first suggested to her during pregnancy. We love this stuff for safe, non-habit-forming sleep aid.

• Side Effects:

Trouble falling to sleep? This is for you!

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

I have always had trouble falling to sleep at night. Some nights, it would take me around three to four hours to fall to sleep. My doctor recommended that I start taking melatonin to help with my sleeping issues. I chose to use Nature's Bounty Melatonin because of the lower cost. Ever since taking the melatonin, it only takes about 15 minutes to fall to sleep. This medicine does not make me drowsy in the mornings. I take it about 30 minutes before I want to go to bed, and I will start to feel sleepy in about 15 minutes.

Nature's Bounty Melatonin has cut the time it takes me to fall to sleep down from 3-4 hours to about 15 minutes.

The pills are very small and easy to swallow. I use the 3mg Melatonin.

Immediacy
      It takes about 15 minutes to start feeling the effects of Nature's Bounty Melatonin. The full effects of the medicine can be felt around the 30 minute mark.

Side Effects
      I have not experienced any side effects with this medicine. I am never drowsy in the mornings. There is no dependency.