Other Sleeping Pills & Snoring Remedies:
Nature's Bounty
Nature's Bounty Melatonin

Nature's Bounty Melatonin

It really works !!

I was up all night tossing and turning could not sleep, I would be so tired during the day I could hardly function.. My doctor suggested 5 mg of Melatonin every-night about a hour before I go to bed, It worked great, when I went to purchase more Melatonin I didn't pay attention and didn't realize there where two kinds regular or fast acting, I started to have a difficult time sleeping again and went to my local drug store and asked if I should up the dose, that's when we realized I had purchased the fast acting Melatonin, the pharmacists said the fast acting will make some people tired and more relaxed quickly but wears off quickly. I went back to the regular Melatonin and I'm back to sleeping good and feeling great in the morning.

beware of product, contains sucrolose

Why on earth would anyone put an ingredient like sucralose (splenda) in melatonin? I have used melatonin for years but decided to use this brand this time, never again. I am sensitive to and possibly allergic to sucralose. My reaction, that I can detect, is my eyes gum up, heaven only knows what else it is doing to me, inside. I kept waking up with gummy eyes. I knew I hadn't had any food with sucralose, finally read fine print on label.... What could possibly be a reason for this ingredient.. and what it makes me believe is that some of the other ingredients might not be good for human consumption either.

Best Night Sleep....Ever!!!!!

from Durham NC

About Me First Time User, Regular User

Pros

• Good Value
  • Natural-Feeling Results
  • No Side Effects
  • Relieves Stress
  • Works Quickly

• Before Sleep
    • Daily Use
    • Short-Term Solution

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

I was looking for something to help me get to sleep and keep me asleep thru the nights, without feeling groggy,and weak in the morning.. This was a miracle worker for me..It helped me ease into sleep, it didn't just knock me out...Slept so good through the night,like a baby.. Best part, I didn't oversleep, was a full 7hrs of sleep,and I felt so relaxed and engerized when I woke...This is an amazing product..I now use regularly..

its useful

from Westbank ,Palestine

About Me Medical Professional

Pros

• Easy on Stomach
    • Effective
    • Simple To Take

• Daily Use
      • Men

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

Transitioning from college to the real world was tough considering it was nothing to stay up until 2:30am every night. Nature's Bounty Melatonin helped me get back to a normal sleep schedule and I never get that groggy feeling in the morning that I get from other sleep aids. I love that it is natural so i don't have to worry about damaging my body.

Only reason I wouldn't rate it a 10 is that it isn't as strong as other sleep aids.

Small pill is easy to swallow.

Immediacy
      It takes a little longer than other sleep aids to kick in. It also won't hit you like other products will. It is more of a gradual transition into sleep.

Side Effects
      I didn't experience any which is why i love it.

beware of product, contains sucrolose

from Kenai Peninsula, Alaska

About Me Health Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Swallow

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

The natural way to receive a good night's sleep!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

Let me just start off with, I have been taking this supplement for over four years now. I suffer from insomnia, and my doctor wanted to prescribe me sleeping pills. I have heard awful things about sleeping pills, so I rejected them and decided to try to find an alternative.

That's when I found Nature's Bounty Melatonin. When I first started taking melatonin four years ago, I started out on a very low dose of 2.5mg. For about two years, I would take half of a tablet every night. Then, my body started getting used to the 2.5mg, so now I am at 5mg. per night which is still a healthy dose.

I normally take 5mg of melatonin about two hours before I go to sleep. This is because melatonin is time-released. Nature's Bounty Melatonin provides me with a good sleep, and I always wake up refreshed and ready to start my day.

A side effect that goes along with this taking this supplement is you almost always have very vivid dreams. I enjoy this, but others may not. Another side effect that melatonin has is if you do not sleep the required six to eight hours, you will wake up feeling tired and groggy.

Overall, I feel that Nature's Bounty Melatonin is a much better sleeping supplement than actual sleeping pills. They're natural and much healthier.

Ineffective

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

I was very disappointed when I tried Nature's Bounty Melatonin as a sleep aid. It took over an hour for the product to even make me feel the least bit sleepy. I took the recommended dose, yet I found it difficult to go to sleep. When I woke up in the middle of the night, it was impossible for me to go back to sleep.

beware of side effects

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

I had a job interview after a 24 hour flight on the other side of the world. So I wanted to make sure that I get some sleep and be fresh for the interview. My mistake was that i didn't try these pills before the day before and I didn't not know how my body would handle it. But I really couldn't sleep because of jet lag and I decided to take my chances. after taking the pill I was able to get to sleep by 2am and I didn't wake up until 8am so I got a decent amount of sleep. I was pleased and I felt good. Then after breakfast i took a cab to the place where I had the interview and as soon as the cab started driving I felt really dizzy and almost like throwing up. I barely made it to the location and I had to sit in the bathroom for half an hour to recover. I didn't actually throw up but I was nauseous for a long time. I don't know how other people react to melatonin but definitely try it before the day you actually need it.

Very effective in aiding sleep

• Side Effects:

Great regulator of sleeping habits

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

Small pill is easy to swallow.

Immediacy

Side Effects
          I didn't experience any which is why i love it.

• Side Effects:

My 13 yr old son has been taking this since he was 9! It works!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

My son suffers from mental health issues and one of the side effects of those is severe insomnia. We have tried several prescription medications and either they didn't work, had adverse effects or the side effects were horrible. I hated putting my son on anything not herbal/natural so his psychiatrist recommended Melatonin. Wow! What a difference. Worked within 20 mins, he slept great the first night of taking it and had 0 side effects. As he grew we did have to up the mgs but other than that no complaints! I use it too when I can't sleep and so do my other kids. Great household herbal remedy to sleepless nights.

Kicks in as soon as 15 mins and no longer than a half an hour. Lasts throughout the entire night and does not leave my son or anyone who uses it, feeling groggy in the morning.

My son is not keen on taking pills but these are not that big compared to some of the horse pills that are prescribed or OTC for sleep.

Immediacy
          Sometimes it seems to take a little longer than expected to kick in but I think that really depends on how tired the person is who is taking it and if they are taking the correct dosage.

Side Effects
          My entire family who has taken it or for my son who takes it on an almost nightly basis has zero side effects.

Natural sleep aid

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

I sometimes struggle with bouts of insomnia due to two small children and a lot of stress. It makes it difficult to get a good night sleep, which makes me cranky and irritable the entire next day. This only compounds the longer I am without sleep. I don't like traditional sleeping medicines because while they help me sleep, I often wake up the next morning feeling hung over, ever when taking half a dose. Melatonin doesn't give me that sort of groggy feeling the next day.

Rarely do I have a night of sleeplessness after taking my capsule of Melatonin.

Open the bottle and pop one of the small pills, can't get much easier than that!

Immediacy
          You definitely need to put yourself in a restful state for it to work, since it is a brain chemical. It won't put you to sleep if you sitting at the computer staring at a blaring screen. About 20-30 minutes in a comfortable darkened room is what you need.

Side Effects
          I do not wake up groggy the next morning with these pills, but I have noticed VERY vivid dreams on the nights I use Melatonin to sleep.

Great for Insomniacs

from Wake Forest, NC

Comments about Nature's Bounty Melatonin:

After suffering from Insomnia for months, my doctor prescribed me a prescription sleep aid. I eventually decided to try to come off the prescription and try melatonin. While it still takes me a while to go to sleep. I am able to take Melatonin instead of the prescription I was on, and still get the sleep I need. Also, I am able to not be completely out of it during the night. With the prescription, I wouldn't be able to wake up unless it had been several hours, but with Melatonin I am not as droggy after waking up and if I need to wake up before having 6-8 hours of sleep, I am still coherent. If you have trouble sleeping I would definitely recommend talking to your doctor about whether Melatonin could be a helpful sleep aid.