Other Sleeping Pills & Snoring Remedies:
NOVARTIS016451

Pros

Cons

Great for Overnight Pain Relief

Over the recent Christmas holidays, we visited our family up north in the snow country.  Coming from a tropical climate it was quite a shock to my system!  Immediately (the next morning after arriving) I was congested and achy.  The sickness continued most of my visit, but one evening it got unbearable.  A throbbing headache, body ache, etc.  Flu had recently been going around, and I was concerned I'd gotten it.

I had just bought Excedrin PM the day before (since I had a coupon I figured I'd try it out!).  My husband brought it to me along with a glass of water, and within a half hour, I was out for the night!  The couple nights previous to that I woke up several times throughout the nights, but this was the first time I didn't wake up until 8am!

I would definitely recommend this for anyone that needs a good night's sleep and a sickness is preventing it.  I would also need to issue a word of caution because I can see it become addicting.  After suffering so long I was tempted to take it every night!

it works

A few years ago wife found out she has low bone density. Her doctor won't put her on a pain management plan fear of being addicted so she recommended sleep/pain pills that are bought over the counter. Wife started on tylenol that worked for a few months then just stopped. Wife woke up in the middle of night and could not go back to sleep back was off centered. Went to Excedrin and works good but found out that ADVIL WORKS BEST. Advil has not stopped working when Excedrin works most of the time but not always. Wife takes Excedrin in the morning every morning but Advil at night Not great stuff but does work most of the time.

Comments about Excedrin PM:

I have fibromyalgia and I have a lot of pain accompanied by exhaustion. Part of the reason I'm so exhausted all the time is because my sleep is awful, I will sleep for an hour or two then I will wake up due to the constant pain I live with. I tried several different types of sleep aids but none of them really helped me that much. I saw Excedrin PM on sale one day at the drug store and decided to give it a try. I liked that it came in a gel cap, as I find those much easier to take. The first night I took Excedrin PM I started to gain some instant relief from pain. My whole body relaxed and withing 15 minutes I was falling asleep. I didn't think that this would be any different than any other sleep aids I had tried but I was so so wrong. It was the best night of sleep that I have had in longer than I can remember. I woke up feeling completely refreshed, and for once pain free. I am a true believer in Excedrin PM now. I use it all the time, and it helps me to enjoy pain free nights of sleep and to wake up bright and ready to meet the day.

• Side Effects:

Good for occasional insomnia!

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Excedrin PM:

Excedrin PM really does work as far as helping me get to sleep when I have an occasional case of insomnia, but I don't like to take it very often because it makes me too groggy in the morning,almost like a hangover without drinking. I haven't taken it in quite a long time because I always have to get up early in the morning and I want to feel alert and more wide awake. It might work better for some people as far as the groggy feeling in the morning. I just try to get by without taking any kind of sleep aid so I can feel more refreshed when I wake up.

It is very effective as far as helping me get to sleep and to stay asleep for the whole night. Some days I take a few naps that are too long and then I am wide awake for a long time. Fortunately I only do that once in a while.

It is very easy to use.

Immediacy
It does work fairly quick. It only takes about 15 or 20 minutes to make me feel sleepy.

Side Effects
The main side effect is waking up feeling very groggy in the morning.

The best!

Comments about Excedrin PM:

I usually only take sleep medicine when I am sick and have a hard time falling and staying asleep or if I know I need to get a full night of rest. Over the years I have taken a variety of sleep medications depending on what is on sale, but I have found that Excedrin PM works the best for me. The caplets are not large and are easy to swallow- perfect size if you have a hard time swallowing pills. I have not noticed any side effects with these but it is probably best to get a full night's rest when taking them. When I take them when I am sick, I am able to stay asleep without waking up and experiencing cold symptoms. If I do wake up, I am usually fast asleep again before even noticing that I am awake. Great product to try for a short time if you need help sleeping.

Didn't work for me.

from North Wilkesboro, NC

Comments about Excedrin PM:

I was really disappointed in the fact that this product doesn't work for helping me get to sleep.

I have tried this product on several different occasions and it hasn't worked once.

The pills are regular sized and very easy to use.

Immediacy
About the only thing it did do was to help get rid of my headache.

Side Effects
I've never had any side effects while using this product.

Works like a charm

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Excedrin PM:

I am a big fan of the family of Excedrin products. I decided to pick this one up one day when I was at the drug store. I hoped it would have the strength of Excedrin along with the sleep aid. I had high expectations for the product and my expectations were fulfilled. I was feeling better after ten minutes of taking the product. After ten more minutes I was fast asleep. The next morning I awoke and was rejuvenated. I prefer Excedrin to the other brands of pain relievers on the market. I suffer with the occasional migraine from time to time so this is always my go pain reliever. The addition of the sleep aid is phenomenal. On nights when I am suffering from a headache and want to fall asleep quickly I definitely will be using this product. The sleep aid was not aggressive like if I was cooking in the kitchen I would fall asleep at the stove or anything like that. It was subtle. I knew I was tired and could make it to any room in the house before I fell asleep.

Excedrin Pm Acetaminophen and Diphenhydramine Citrate works

from Hot Springs, VA

Comments about Excedrin PM:

The Excedrin Pm formula is non habit forming pain relief is aspirin free and is a nighttime sleep aid that works well. I have headaches frequently which make it impossible to sleep but with the Excedrin Pm formula I can get relief.  This product aids in sleepless nights.  I like it I've used several times and it works however do not take if allergic to acetaminophen.

Great sleep aid

from West Point, IA

Comments about Excedrin PM:

I bought Excedrin PM because I was in the middle of menopause and that means night sweats and waking up at 2 in the morning and not getting enough sleep even though you have to go to work and come home to work by cooking and cleaning.  Well this is a wonder drug.  Just take about 2 hours before you go to bed and you can feel it working.  Just take one of the pills not the recommended two like you have to take with Tylenol PM.  One of the pills will make you feel drowsy and put you in a good restfull sleep.  It does really help with menopause when you have the effects that nobody wants.

This product is better than Tylenol PM

from Eastsound, WA

Comments about Excedrin PM:

I had used Tylenol PM for many years to help me sleep, and I thought that I had the best product on the market.  However, I was not getting the sound sleep that I needed. There was an opportunity to try Excedrine PM one time when the store was out of Tylenol PM.  Now Excedrine PM is the only product that I use.  I like the way it helps me get to sleep without any unpleasant feelings in the morning.  I usually take Excedrine PM about 20-30 minutes before I am ready to turn out the lights.  By the time I am ready for sleep, sleep is ready for me, thanks to Excedrine PM.

Excedrin PM has given me some lovely nights of sleep.

from Pella, IA

Comments about Excedrin PM:

Excedrin PM has been a part of my life for 20 years now. I wish I had known about it when my 3 sons were teenagers!   If I could have slept a little better once I fell asleep, I wouldn't have been so tired during the day.  The whole family would have enjoyed that.

I found out about Excedrin PM when on of my sons had a serious injury needing surgery.  The doctor told him to take E PM before going to sleep at night.

I keep a bottle in the medicine cabinet but I have taken out all of the pills and cut them in half and put them back in.  There are days or weeks that I do not need the help to fall asleep and to sleep comfortably.  But on that occasion that I have used too many muscles during the course of the day, or when I know that the worries of the day are going to make it hard to fall asleep, I can judge if it is gonna be a half pill night or a whole pill night.

Excedrin PM is going to stay a part of my life.  It has made my life better.

helps you sleep, eases pain

from Oxford, PA

Comments about Excedrin PM:

I have found Excedrin PM to be a really good pain reliever and sleeping aid.  It is mild on your stomach and I feel relieves pain associated with headaches and body aches and pains better than some of the other similar products such as Tylenol or Alieve.  I am an athlete and a pretty avid runner so I get a lot of aches and pains some of the time, and I have found that Excedrin PM really gives me some relief from those pains.  As a coach I also get tension headaches during stressful times which can also bring on times of restlessness or problems falling asleep.  When this occurs I have found that Excedrin PM is the best over the counter medicine that is on the market today.  I would recommend taking the medicine a few hours before going to bed in order to give it some time to kick in, and also to allow the medicine to pass through so that you do not feel really groggy the next morning, as you definitely need at least 8 hours of sleep after taking it.