Other Sleeping Pills & Snoring Remedies:
Advil
Advil PM

Advil PM

Pros

• Relieves pain (4)
  • Works quickly (4)

• Before sleep (5)
  • Short-term solution (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • First time user (5)

Advil PM helps on those odd nights when I can't sleep

I have to say that I hate taking any kind of medication, and prefer not to. I think this is because my husband is on 2 shots of insulin a day, and 21...Read complete review

I have to say that I hate taking any kind of medication, and prefer not to. I think this is because my husband is on 2 shots of insulin a day, and 21 pills.

I have nights when I lay in bed, and watch the clock. It is midnight, then 12.30, 1.00, and if it gets any later, I make the decision to help myself to sleep. I have tried the sleeping aids, and unfortunately they give me shaking in the stomach, wide awake, just like having a caffeine fix.

I then decided to try a p.m. product. The one I have been using recently is Advil PM. I picked them up really cheap, on one of the specials, at the local pharmacy.

I only take one of the little blue caplets and it works within minutes for me. It states to take two, but as I so rarely take anything, one works for me. I find that I sleep in a little later, and may be slightly drowsy, when getting up.

These are actually a sleep aid and also for pain. I get pain in my wrist from the accident, from my feet, and also from my legs cramping. They contain ibuprofen, and diphenhydramine citrate.

You shouldn't take more than 2 in a 24 hour period. There are numerous warnings on the packet.

If you are like me and take one, perhaps every other week, they should work great. I was lucky enough to have a coupon, in my box of Advil PM, so will get my next ones at a cheaper price.

They work almost immediately for me as I rarely take them.

I take one with a glass of water.

Immediacy
I am asleep within minutes of taking it.

Side Effects
May be a little drowsy in the morning.

It helps with pain, and also helps you sleep when you have pain

I love advil pm...not only does it help me with my headaches, it helps me get to sleep, when otherwise, my headache might prevent it! It also helps my girlfriend who suffers from headaches get the sleep she needs at night. I am glad that I tried advil PM. I usualy try not to take medication, but this one is one that I love!

Advil PM saved the night!

from PA

About Me First Time User

Pros

• Relieves Pain

Comments about Advil PM:

I hurt my back a few days ago and the samples of Advil PM from Vewpoints/PowerReviews came to my house just in time. It's really hard to sleep or move when your back hurts at night. I took Advil PM and was able to drift to sleep comfortably~ something I haven't done in 3 nights!

I would use this again

from Morganton, NC

About Me First Time User

Pros

• Relieves Pain
    • Works Quickly

Cons

• Morning Grogginess

Comments about Advil PM:

I used Advil PM for leg cramps and sleeplessness. I found that it did help me fall asleep fast and it did relieve my leg cramps, however I did not stay asleep for more than 4 or 5 hours. I did feel rather groggy on it the next morning after the first time I tried it. Consequently I tried taking it a little earlier in the evening instead of waiting until bedtime and it helped me tremendously. I was able to get a good night sleep and I woke up pain free. I would use this as a solution to occasional pain and sleeplessness. I trust the Advil brand.

Finally, a good nights sleep!

from Thomaston, Georgia

About Me First Time User, Health Conscious

Pros

• Good Value
    • No Side Effects
    • Relieves Pain
    • Works Quickly

Comments about Advil PM:

I occasionally suffer from restless leg syndrome at night and Advil PM has given me back my sleep. Not only does it help me sleep peacefully, it also helps alleviate the muscle cramps and twitches

Great pain relief for p.m.

from Guccigurl1

About Me First Time User, Health Conscious

Pros

• Good Value
      • Natural-Feeling Results
      • No Side Effects
      • Relieves Pain
      • Relieves Stress
      • Works Quickly

Comments about Advil PM:

I Receive a free sample for a honest review and i suffer from chronic pain and arthritis and i also have problems getting to sleep and i tried Advil PM and i had a great night sleep i woke the next morning feeling positive and more energize. I also like that Advil PM had no side effects and relieve stress and pain .Advil PM is great and it was my first time trying it.

Advil pm gel

from Savannah ga

About Me First Time User

Pros

• Works Quickly

Cons

• Has Side-Effects
        • Morning Grogginess

Comments about Advil PM:

It works awesome i fall asleep within 30 mints to an hour only issue i am having is always wake up in a bed mood and i end up sleeping all day.

These are good for some people

from Arizona

Comments about Advil PM:

I am sure that Advil PM is a very good product,but it just isn't for me. i can't take any Advil because it makes my stomach hurt, but that is just my sensitivity. This type of product does help people got to sleep and rest, but they make me way too groggy in the morning, so it isn't anything personal against this sleep aid product.

They are very effective as far as helping people get to sleep if they don't mind waking up real groggy, but then ti might not have the same effect on everybody.

It is very easy to use,just take one with a glass of water and go to bed about an hour before you want to go to sleep. It might take a while to start working.

Immediacy
        It can be a little slow at starting to work,so just relax and give it some time. It will help you sleep.

Side Effects
        For some people it does have a few side effects,like making them feel real groggy in the morning. It does that to me as well as making my stomach hurt and feel nausea,but that is just me. It might be wonderful for others.

• Side Effects:

Advil PM is my favorite nighttime relief!

from shoreline, CT

Comments about Advil PM:

Advil PM works excellently for me, would highly recommend it! I have tried many over the counter products, but I keep coming back to this one. I purchase this brand name, Advil, not a generic or store brand. Although a little more expensive, this product does the trick and because it works for me, I do not want to try anything else and have the product not perform as well as the Advil PM liqui-gels.

Works great for me! Even if I wake up in the night I can fall right back to sleep! The Advil in the product helps to relieve minor aches and pains that may also prevent you from getting a good nights sleep.

The gel caps are a little bit thick, but I never have an issue swallowing them.

Immediacy
        This product works quickly for me, within twenty minutes I am asleep once I lay down.

Side Effects
        Not usually drowsy in the morning, I do tend to take it about an hour or so before I am ready for bed so that I am REALLY ready to sleep. A little trick I learned...

When nothing else works

Comments about Advil PM:

I have had insomnia for years. I was on Ambien when I was pregnant with my twins because I was not able to get any sleep at all. I continued to have insomnia after the babies. I did not continue with the Ambien because I did not want to be on such a heavy medication in case I needed to attend to my children. I tried several types of over the counter sleeping aides. Out of all the ones I tried, Advil PM helped me get the best rest. I also did not have a weird physical reaction. Some of the other sleeping pills made me feel jittery and on edge. Advil PM did not. However, I recommend only taking Advil PM if you are able to get at least a good solid eight hours of sleep. If not, you may feel a little out of sorts the next day. I will say it has not worked every time. There are times when I have taken two pills and have not been able to sleep at all. I just ended up being groggy the following day. 8-10 times though it works well and is the only reason while I may be able to get a night's rest.

My favorite sleep aid.

Comments about Advil PM:

Advil PM is the sleep aid I most often use. It kicks in quickly and when I wake up about eight hours later, I don't feel "hungover".

I always fall asleep within thirty minutes to an hour. This is the most effective sleep aid out there in my opinion.

Side Effects
        I have never had any negative side effects.

When nothing else works

Comments about Advil PM:

Advil PM should be used sparingly to avoid side effects associated with the ibuprofen it contains. It's a hero those nights when you're plagued by a headache, backache, or cramps. It remedies your pain while lulling you to sleep. The wake up can be a little rough so be sure you take this medication earlier enough to allow for a good nights rest. I choose it over the many other pain relieving night time aids.