Other Sleeping Pills & Snoring Remedies:
CHATTEM254383, CHATTEM254391, CHATTEM326140
Unisom SleepGels

Unisom SleepGels

• Side Effects:

Safe, effective and non-habit forming

Ah, Benadryl....so effective for relieving my seasonal allergy symptoms...wait. What? We're supposed to be reviewing Unisom, a completely different medication for completely different symptoms, you say? Really? Are you sure? Hrmmm...I wonder. Have you ever checked the list of ingredients on the Benadryl box? Probably not, but I'll bet most people have done so with Unisom, if only to reassure themselves there was nothing in there that they could recognize as being addictive. If you *had *checked both you would find that these two seemingly completely different medications are comprised almost entirely of one ingredient. The same ingredient. Its a chemical called Diphenhydramine. Its also in Tylenol PM and many, many other medications. Diphenhydramine is an anti-hystamine, making it highly effective against allergies, with the common side effect shared by most anti-hystamines of causing drowsiness. So companies decided it would be a great idea to take Benadryl, double the dosage, call it Unisom, and use the drowsiness side effect from Benadryl as a sleep aid. Veeeeerrrrrry clever....and also very effective. At helping me get to sleep, that is, It typically takes around 2 hours for Bena....errrr...Unisom to get into my system enough to start making me sleepy, but after that, its all golden. I'll sleep all night long, waking up significantly fewer times during the night, and feel refreshed (if not a bit groggy) in the morning. I use the term morning very loosely, rest assured, as Unisom also causes me to sleep a decent bit longer than I usually would as well. All in all, a highly effective and safe product, that will not cause any sort of addiction, unless you possibly get so used to using it as a "crutch" for getting to sleep that you end up having a hard time getting to sleep naturally. And remember, if the local store is out of Unisom, just buy Benadryl instead. Alternatively, if Aunt Maude's shedding cat decides to give you a lapdance, take a Unisom. Since one Unisom usually has twice the amount of Diphenhydramine in milligrams as one Benadryl, it will probably be more effective for getting to sleep AND relieving allergy symptoms. How's that for irony?

Unisom Sleep Gels will work sometimes & not other times.

Unisom Sleep Gels are made to help you sleep but sometimes they do, and sometimes they don’t. You can’t count on Unisom Sleep Gels to help you sleep sometimes. I don’t know why. When they do work they work fairly fast, you will be able to get to sleep in less than 35 minutes but when they work slow: it will take you at least 65 minutes to fall asleep. I don’t like the way they make you feel in the morning after you walk up either. They will leave you feeling a little drugged and sometimes they will make you feel like going back to sleep. They contain Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride USP 50 or 25mg, depending on which size you buy. I also do “not” like the price of this product. They tend to be very expensive unless you can find them online or you have a coupon. I do like the lovely colors that the gels come in but as far as helping you sleep nightly, sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t. Despite, what I think of them overall, you should still give them a try because just because they don’t work well on me consistently, doesn’t mean that they won’t work on you.

Very effective

from Australia

About Me Occasional user

Pros

• No Side Effects
  • Works Quickly

• Before Sleep

Comments about Unisom SleepGels:

I used to have difficulty falling asleep so I started using Unisom as recommended by my sister. Based on my experience, it works well and you can immediately feel the effects after taking it. But, I don't use it everyday as I do not want to be dependent on pills to fall asleep.

Effective with no side effects

from Erie, PA

About Me First Time User

Pros

• Good Value
    • Natural-Feeling Results
    • No Side Effects

• Before Sleep

Comments about Unisom SleepGels:

I often have difficulty unwinding at the end of the day, and sometimes spend hours trying to fall asleep. I have tried various OTC and rx medications to help me fall asleep faster. Last night I tried UNISOM Sleepgels for the first time.
      I took the Sleepgels a half hour before getting into bed. And honestly, although I did not feel sedated when I initially laid down, I fell asleep so quickly that I do not believe that I spent anytime at all "trying" to fall asleep. Most importantly, I woke up 7 hours later feeling well rested & not even slightly drowsy or groggy! I will definitely be using UNISOM Sleepgels again & highly recommend this product to anyone who struggles with occasional difficulty falling asleep.
      I received a free sample of UNISOM Sleepgels in exchange for my honest feedback. My review is a reflection of my personal experience using this product & is not affected by any other factors or outside influence.

Unisom Sleepgels work good.

Comments about Unisom SleepGels:

When I don't have my prescription ambien, I use this sleeping pill. It works almost as good as the prescription, however I only use it a few times a month. If I take it longer, I have weird side effects when I wake up in the mornings. I do get enough sleep when I use it but I prefer ambien over Unisom.

• Side Effects:

puts you to sleep, you will be a bit sluggish in morning

Comments about Unisom SleepGels:

In terms of a sleep aid, these unisom gels work really well. It will give you a deep and restful sleep and it is non-habit forming. They are easy on stomach, which not all sleeping pills are. The only down side is that you will be a bit sluggish in the morning but that is true of most sleeping pills. I try to take it early in the evening to get it out of my system early the next day.

Best Sleep Aid I've Used

Comments about Unisom SleepGels:

Unisom SleepGels are great. I am somebody who has had problems falling asleep for years. I never really tried any other sleeping aid.

One day I decided to try Unisom SleepGels and I really love them. They help you fall asleep fast. They keep you asleep. You do not wake up in the middle of the night. When you do wake up in the morning, you do not feel drowsy or sleepy at all. You feel very refreshed.

I stopped taking these sleeping tablets for a few days and I noticed no side effects. When I stopped taking them, I felt no withdrawals and was able to fall asleep without taking the tablets. Of course it took me longer to fall asleep just like before I started taking Unisom SleepGels, but it was not impossible to fall asleep.

Something I noticed about these SleepGels is I have very vivid and imaginative dreams when I take them. This is something else I love about taking these SleepGels. Every night I take the SleepGels an hour or two before I fall asleep. And during the night I will have very vivid dreams. I think it is awesome. In addition to helping me fall asleep and helping me STAY asleep, these SleepGels always make me have very vivid dreams every time I take them.

In conclusion I love these SleepGels and rate them 10/10. Granted, I never used any other sleeping pills, but I could not imagine something being better than these. Also the price is very reasonable for such a great product.

• Side Effects:

Need sleep without a hang over use these

Comments about Unisom SleepGels:

I used this when I was having a very hard time sleeping at night. I was Leary because a lot of sleep medicine gave me a drousy feeling in the morning but these were different. I would take about 30 min before bed and fall asleep fa stand wake up ready to go and feeling rested.

• Side Effects:

Unisom does what it should!

Comments about Unisom SleepGels:

Unisom Sleep Tabs are a fairly reliable method of sleep aid. One of the biggest problems I've had with pills is getting them stuck partially in my throat, or gagging while I'm trying to swallow it. I thankfully did not have this problem with Unisom! I took Unisom for a few weeks, regularly every night, and suffered no habit-forming side effects! Although, some nights, it would not work, and a few nights, I would wake up feeling very heavy/unable to move my limbs very well. I've had this happen with other pills that have the same active ingredient, so I doubt it's a side effect of the pill, but more one of me :) Overall, a very nice product that DOES put you to sleep, as promised!

• Side Effects:

Works great to put you to sleep

Comments about Unisom SleepGels:

Unisom is a great product to help you fall asleep easily. It usually takes about 20 - 30 minutes to kick in but once it does you can easily get 8 hours of sleep.

Once it kicks in you will fall asleep easily and stay asleep. I never feel groggy when I wake up either.

Gel capsules are much easier to swallow and one pill will do the trick.

Immediacy
      20 - 30 minutes it usually takes for me for it to kick in and start to feel the drousiness.

Side Effects
      I never feel groggy when waking up. Sometimes other products will do that to you but not Unisom. Long lasting sleeping and you wake up refreshed in the morning.

• Side Effects:

Go to sleep easy and sleep like a baby all night long!

Comments about Unisom SleepGels:

Unisom is very effective in helping me go to sleep quickly and maintain my sleep for six to eight hours. Normally I struggle for two to three at a stretch. Unisom is great!

Unisom puts you to sleep quickly and effectively and keeps you there so you are able to obtain a long and good nights sleep.

The only real drawback to the ease of use is getting the pills out of the childproof wrapping. It is of course a necessary evil, but can be very irritating in the middle of the night when you just want to go to sleep.

Immediacy
      Unisom works incredibly quickly. Sometimes it seems as if I haven't even swallowed the tablet completly before you are out like a light. Very quick acting and amazingly effective.

Side Effects
      Unisom causes extreme lag and drowsiness the next day, almost like a hangover. This is the biggest drawback. It just stays in your system and keeps you drowsy and worthless for hours upon awakening. My husband calls it the Unisom hangover.

Great Sleep Aid

from Middletown, OH

Comments about Unisom SleepGels:

This product is wonderful! I am in my third trimester of pregnancy and have had some insomia. My doctor told me I could take Unisom for those nights when I just cannot fall asleep on my own. It has worked wonders!!! I take this product and within 20 minutes I cannot keep my eyes open! A fear I had with taking a sleep aid was that I would struggle to wake up in the morning, but I have had no problems with this. I wake up feeling refreshed and ready to start my day. I have not experienced any negative side effects from this sleep aid. I have recommended this product to my mother, who was also having trouble sleeping, and it has worked wonders for her as well. If you want a product that works, without feeling groggy the next morning, I would certainly recommend that you try this!!