Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

Vicks Sinex 12 Hour Decongestant Ultrafine Mist Nasal Spray

Pros

Cons

I can breathe again!

With all the allergies in the air, my nose has been so stuffed up the last month or so. My husband found and bought Vicks's Sinex 12 hour decongestant spray. I had never tried this before, but though that it cant hurt, somethings got open my passages.
One squirt in one nostrel and repeat in the other, and Poof, I was opened up and could breath thru my nose. Its a great feeling. You can find this at any drug store, and it really helped me alot.

Vicks Sinex Decongestant Ultra Fine Mist: Acceptable Relief

Sinus tablets are often quite effective at eliminating congestion and pressure, but there is one method that is faster and often more effective: Sinus spray. These sprays are applied directly into the nasal passages and begin to work in seconds. One example is **Vicks Sinex 12- Hour Decongestant Ultra Fine Mist.**

**Medicine Commentary:**

Vicks Sinex 12- Hour Decongestant Ultra Fine Mist is a sinus spray product from Vicks, one of the best- known names in sinus care. The spray uses the active ingredient Oxymetazoline HCl 0.05%, which is the chemical agent that attacks nasal congestion and breaks it down.

Vicks Sinex 12- Hour Decongestant Ultra Fine Mist is good for those with colds, nasal allergies, upper respiratory allergies, or hay fever. Any of these conditions can lead to sinus congestion and this nasal spray product from Vicks is ready to help cut congestion down to size.

Vicks Sinex 12- Hour Decongestant Ultra Fine Mist can be used by adults and children age six and up. Two or three pumps are recommended to penetrate the nasal passages and open them up. The product is supposedly good for twelve hours of relief, which is nice, but I have found that it wears out more quickly than that.

Vicks Sinex 12- Hour Decongestant Ultra Fine Mist works fairly well and it does make a difference by reducing congestion. However, it isn’t one of the best products of its type and it is a little pricey for the results. There is also a certain amount of burn when you use this product. It isn’t terrible and it’s gone in a very short time, but for inconveniences like this, I expect something a little better.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Sinus congestion is a real pain in the nose but sinus sprays work very well at cutting down the congestion and relieving swollen nasal passages. Vicks Sinex 12- Hour Decongestant Ultra Fine Mist works at an acceptable level and it is defintely better than nothing. I can think of several sinus sprays that are more effective, but this one is still good enough to give it a small recommendation.

Average relief, but tackles only a few symptoms

It's a spray, so very easy to take

Spray goes to work quickly

Works well.

from Kansas

Comments about Vicks Sinex 12 Hour Decongestant Ultrafine Mist Nasal Spray:

I absolutely hate nasal sprays. I hate the feeling of squirting something up my nose. I will use nasal sprays as my very last resort. A few years back I had a severe head cold and could not find anything to clean my nasal passages. I finally gave in and went to look for a nasal spray. Vicks Sinex 12 Hour Decongestant Ultrafine Mist Nasal Spray provided quick and long lasting relief!

I found this product at Wal-Mart, but do not think many stores carry the spray anymore, instead you can order it online. This comes in a small glass container. This spray is better than others I have tried because I feel it comes out in a much finer mist therefore, it is more comfortable to use. I simply squirted the product twice in each nostril and the relief was almost instant. I was finally able to breathe out of my nose! The product claims to provide relief for 12 hours; however, it never lasted that long for me. I would usually use more product about every 8 hours.

I recommend this product! As much as I hate nasal sprays, I have to admit this one works well!

Vicks Sinex nasal spray

Comments about Vicks Sinex 12 Hour Decongestant Ultrafine Mist Nasal Spray:

This stuff actually does clear up your nasal passages and it clears them very quickly. A few squirts in each nasal passage and within minutes you can breathe again. I have to say though that it does not last twelve hours like it states on the product. I have used this at night when I had a stuffed up nose and it only lasted about six hours. I had to reuse it in the middle of the night just so I could go back to sleep. It does help though when you have any nasal congestion from sinuses, a cold, or allergies. Just don't expect it to last as long as it states. I don't recommend over using this stuff as it can dry out your nasal passages and cause nose bleeds.

Works well to clear your nasal passages for roughly six hours. Just a few sprays and your nasal congestion clears up.

Very easy to use, just hold one nostril closed and spray one or two squirts in the other side. Repeat on opposite side and wait a few minutes.

Immediacy
This stuff works very fast, within minutes fast!

Great for congestion!

Comments about Vicks Sinex 12 Hour Decongestant Ultrafine Mist Nasal Spray:

I purchased this nasal spray because I have always had a good experience with this brand. Their medications have never failed me and this nasal spray did not fail me either. It works incredibly well and it does not take much to get the job done. You spray this into your nose when you are fighting congestion and it quickly gets the job done. It lasts for an incredibly long time too. You can only spray about two sprays per nostril every 12 hours. However, it is really powerful and works well to clear up congestion. I use it at night so it will help me sleep. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has nasal congestion.

It is highly effective at relieving head congestion. It helps you breathe and clears up a stuffed up nose.

You just spray it into your nostrils. It is very easy to use. A simple but effective medicine.

Immediacy
It works fairly quickly and lasts for a long period of time.

• Immediacy:

Nose spray users, gotta try this product

from Cary, IL

Comments about Vicks Sinex 12 Hour Decongestant Ultrafine Mist Nasal Spray:

the only nasal spray that i feel working it's

I have used every different kind of nasal spray for the "stuffed up head" feel and this is the only one that actually worked!

easy, 12 hours so last a long time and just spray up the nose

Immediacy
right after I do each nostril i feel the immediate effects of my head clearing up

Vicks Sinex Decongestant Ultra Fine Mist: Acceptable Relief

Spray goes to work quickly

Vicks Sinex 12 Hour Decongestant

from Albany, MN

Comments about Vicks Sinex 12 Hour Decongestant Ultrafine Mist Nasal Spray:

I was fairly impressed with this nasal spray.  It definitely does not work quite as well as a prescription medication but for an over-the-counter medication it worked pretty well.  I liked the shape of the bottle and felt that it sprayed pretty nicely.  I did not think it worked for quite the full 12 hours but it worked pretty well for about 10 hours so it was close.  It did burn slightly when sprayed but it wasn't as bad as i was expecting.  I also liked that the bottle did not spill and it was really easy to use.  I also liked that even though the bottle seems pretty small it really seems to last a long time so that makes the expense worth it for me.  I was a bit afraid of the fact that it came in a glass bottle.  I don't know that I'd want to leave it laying around if there were kids in the house but since I do not have kids I didn't worry about it quite as much.  Having all wood floors in my house I have a feeling the bottle would break if it fell off the counter.

I can breathe again!

from In the sun, FL

Almost instant relief with Sinex

from Morristown, TN

Comments about Vicks Sinex 12 Hour Decongestant Ultrafine Mist Nasal Spray:

**Vicks Sinex Vapospray Moisturizing 12 Hours Decongestant Ultrafine Mist **recieves an A+ for almost instant relief. As soon as I inhale this mist I can feel my sinuses start to clear. Relief can not come fast enough for me when it comes to sinus inflamtion, it hurts your whole head. It is easy to use and does not drip or spill when I use it. This is my go to item when I have a cold and my wife always keeps the medicine cabinet stocked with one. I am not sure if it last 12 hours but it lasts long enough to satisy me. Plus this is easy to find, most stores carry it so you can just choose a place close to your home instead of having to hassel with a phamacie for a prescription nose spray. This is a great item to have on hand when those cold and allergy months approach.

Fast congestion relief

from Marion, NC

Comments about Vicks Sinex 12 Hour Decongestant Ultrafine Mist Nasal Spray:

Although I am not a fan of nasal sprays, when I expierence nasal congestion I am willing to do almost anything to east the pressure. I have found that Vicks Sinex Vapospray does a great job of opening up my sinuses and it also does it quickly. It leaves a wierd taste in the back of my throat, but this is managable. Sinex keeps my sinuses clear for a good long while, although I do not think I have ever had one dose last me 12 hours, maybe closer to eight. The bottle is easy to use and easy to store or take with you on the go. The formula does not drip and the cap is very easy to open and close. I would reccomend this product for anyonw who wants fast nasal decongestion relief, this product provides as close to instant relief as you can get.

works great

from Paragould, AR

Comments about Vicks Sinex 12 Hour Decongestant Ultrafine Mist Nasal Spray:

I am a true believer in clearing up sinuses with nose sprays. What I like best about this is that it works fast and has a cool menthol feeling! Some might say it burns, but I think it is great, really feels like it's working!