Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

Blairex Simply Saline Sterile Nasal Mist

Pros

Cons

Glorious relief from dry nose and sinuses

I LOVE this stuff. In the wintertime my workplace becomes dry like a desert from the forced hot-air heating system. This nasal saline mist is fantastic for moisturizing dry irritated and burning nasal passages. It takes some getting used to in terms of using it. You have to relax and spray directly up your nose until the saline literally flows out the other nostril. The first time it feels very odd--just like having water up your nose after a jump in the pool. But once you resolve to depress that nozzle and spray continuously until it flows out the other side, you will be amazed how much better you feel.

This mist provides immediate relief. However it does not provide very lasting relief. Maybe a couple of hours, after which time you might have to repeat.

It's very easy, once you overcome the inhibition to shoot water up your nose at high velocity and great force.

Immediacy
The saline water works immediately. The hot, miserable burning feeling I get in my nose and sinuses disappears instantly as if covered in a soothing balm. My only qualm is with the price. My preference would be to use this every few hours on some winter days. But that would mean going through cans and cans of the stuff. Too pricey for that.

The quality of this product has severly declined

Simply Saline is NO LONGER RECOMMENDED by me.

Simply Saline is NO LONGER RECOMMENDED by me.

A new company, Church and Dwight, has bought out this product and has has changed the bottle's construction. The spray's force does not propel very far and does not clear out your sinuses like the old product did very consistently and reliably.

I am a long time user of this product and over the last few months I noticed a HUGE quality change, for the worse. I have spoken to 4 other consumers who have experienced the same issue. This is NOT the same product anymore.

I have contacted the company and was given a refund but for those of us suffering from allergies and sinusitis, this is a poor resolution to the quality problem.

Please contact Church and Dwight to demand they return this product to its original functionality.

Simply Saline nasal mist

Comments about Blairex Simply Saline Sterile Nasal Mist:

This saline nasal spray is good to use if you have extremely dry nasal passages from colds, sinuses, or allergies. I have bad allergies and sinus problems so my nasal passages are almost always dry, red, and irritated. I get a lot of bloody noses too from this. I use this daily to try to help with that and while it does make my nasal passages feel more moisturized I do not feel that it lasts long enough. Also if I stop using for a few days my nose does not stay moisturized and goes right back to being really irritated. I really like this product just wish the results were more long lasting.

This coats the inside of your nose so your sinuses and nasal cavities are not as dry and irritated. It does make them feel better but for a short time. You have to use a lot throughout the day to keep your nose feeling good.

Just spray it up your nose, easy as that! It's a really fine mist and is easy to breathe in.

Immediacy
I had to use for a few days before my nose started feeling less dry.

• Immediacy:

Great product for quick moisturizing of dry noses.

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Blairex Simply Saline Sterile Nasal Mist:

I have a history of sinus issues, including two sinus surgeries. I am well acquainted with saline products including a Netipot, sinus rinse bottle, and regular sinus sprays like this one. I like this product over the smaller squeeze bottles of premixed saline that you can purchase (as opposed to mixing at home) because the pressure of the spray is more controlled. This type of saline offers a fuller mist like spray that lasts as long as you want, whereas the other type sprays only as long as there is air in the bottle to push it out. I like the consistency of the spray and the mist versus a rush of liquid. Also, it is nice to be able to use as much as you need without having to mix a certain amount and not wanting to waste it all if you only need a little (the mix at home type.)

I have never had a problem with a spray bottle of this type working.

Insert nozzle into nostril and depress button. Pretty easy!

Immediacy
For dry noses, there is nothing like a quick burst of saline to stop the itching or dry feeling.

Easy to use, and works

from Danvers, MA

Comments about Blairex Simply Saline Sterile Nasal Mist:

This is an alternative to using a neti pot; It eliminates the need for purified water and measuring the salt that is required. You simply spray up one nostril while leaning over
a sink to allow it to pass through the sinus cavity and drain. Great when you feel clogged from a cold or allergies.

• Immediacy:

Works great if you can stand it.

Comments about Blairex Simply Saline Sterile Nasal Mist:

Blairex Simply Saline Sterile Nasal Mist is an excellent product if you can stand spraying something in your nose. It was very difficult for me to get used to, and I still don't like it. But I also don't like taking pills all the time, so this is a good alternative to try first so that I can avoid taking medication.

This nasal spray works well for congestion. It helps clear the sinuses using just saline, and it also keeps the nasal passages from drying out, which can cause nosebleeds. So this is great when you have congestion.

As far as nasal sprays go, this is pretty easy to use. I'm not a fan of nasal sprays in general. They usually make me sneeze for at least an hour afterward, but the spray is fine enough that it doesn't just squirt into the nose and trigger sneezing. It really is more like a mist, which is much easier for me to take.

Immediacy
The good thing about nasal sprays is that they are mechanical instead of chemical, so the effect is almost immediate and usually lasts for a while. You can also do a plain saline spray fairly often during the day if you need to, whereas with a pill or medicated spray you have to wait longer between times.

• Immediacy:

One of the things to keep on hand

Comments about Blairex Simply Saline Sterile Nasal Mist:

If you are anything like me, and suffer from allergies, or breathing problems like asthma, you know how rough it can be. In the winter with the heating systems drying out all your mucous membranes, and spring/summer when the pollen count is through the roof. Even when you take over the counter remedies, they can often dry out your sinuses to the point of severe pain.

That is when this sterile salt water spray is a lifesaver! It will lubricate your sinuses with no worry about rebounding or addiction. Although you do have to get used to the spray, which can be a bit strong if you aren't expecting it. They even have a child version so your kids don't have to suffer!

I like this better than the neti pot because well, the neti pot still does skeeve me out a little.

Immediacy
Depending on how bad your symptoms are, this can provide instant and long lasting relief. If your nasal passages are so clogged you can't breathe, it will take longer and more of the solution.

• Immediacy:

Simply Saline is great for all ages

Comments about Blairex Simply Saline Sterile Nasal Mist:

This was recommended to me by a friend and I am so glad we tried it. Both my 11 year old son and my husband use it daily for allergies. We use it mainly after coming from outside to just cleanse all the pollen from our sinuses before they agitate our allergies. It is quite expensive compared to other brands, but we find it works much better. It is easy and simple to use, and a can of this actually lasts quite a long time. There are sometimes coupons available, so check their website for those. It is only saline, so it is safe for everyone to use. We have never had any adverse reactions to this product.

This is great for using to remove pollen and allergens from the nasal cavity and reducing stuffiness and congestion from both allergies and colds.

This is very simple to use because it is an aerosol. My 11 year old prefers this method to all others because it is quick and easy.

Immediacy
Nothing works immediately. It takes a bit of time, but does what it is supposed to do.

• Immediacy:

Less of a mist, more of a jet stream

Comments about Blairex Simply Saline Sterile Nasal Mist:

I find that Blairex Simply Saline Sterile Nasal Mist is a great solution for the dryness that often causes nosebleeds when I am taking daily antihistamines and decongestants during allergy season. This particular sprayer emits a stream that always catches me off guard but is effective for delivery into your sinuses, rather than just your nasal passages. It makes allergy season a little bit easier to get through.

My nasal passages and sinuses feel healed after just a few days of use. It restores the natural moisture balance that allergy medications take away.

When you depress the button, you have to be careful with the pressure. It goes from a drip to a mist to a stream with the tiniest change of pressure. And, to be honest, the stream can be quite jarring.

Immediacy
Relief comes with repeated use. Initially, if you nasal passages or sinuses are raw, you may experience some stinging with use.

Glorious relief from dry nose and sinuses

• Immediacy:

Saves me during the colder seasons.

Comments about Blairex Simply Saline Sterile Nasal Mist:

I suffer from allergies, asthma and terrible nose bleeds. The dry air during the colder seasons dries out the inside of my nose causing it to bleed. I use Simply saline throughout the day and my nose no longer bleeds. I also use this to flush out allergens so that my allergies don't flare up and affect my asthma.

This product has completely stopped my nose bleeds which I use to get daily and they were really bad. This product helps without the use of medicine which I really like since I need so much of it.

The design of the container makes it extremely easy to get the saline spray far enough up into the sinus cavity to work. The container is also small enough to carry with me where ever I go which is important since I use it so often.

Immediacy
This works immediately. Anytime my nose is burning or I am sneezing from allergies this calms it down right away. Any time my nose starts to bleed I can flush it out with this and I stops the bleeding and prevents dryness.

• Immediacy:

Effective but can be messy...

Comments about Blairex Simply Saline Sterile Nasal Mist:

I picked up Simply Saline out of sheer desperation in attempts to avoid a sinus infection, having already taken numerous sinus decongestant medications and still feeling sinus pressure. I've been recommended to try a neti pot numerous time, but the idea of those gross me out. I picked up this bottle as it somehow seemed less intimidating and simpler than the actual neti pot idea (although obviously very similar). The directions encourage you to tilt your head over the sink as you would with a normal neti pot and wait for the "gentle mist" to flow out the nostril. Like I've seen with a neti pot, I expected it to flow out the opposite nasal passage - I don't think I've gotten it to do that once. That's where it gets messy. I find myself trying to put in enough but not too much so that I don't have it dripping awkwardly down my face as opposed to in the sink. Regardless of that, Simply Saline is decently effective at relieving sinus pressure temporarily. I tend to use it twice a day and sometimes would need to use it more.