Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Nasal Gel

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Zicam did a wonderful job in helping me breathe easily again.

I was in a very bad predicament.  I had a severe sinus infection and needed to board a plane for 3 hours.  I have always had problems with my ears and cabin pressure during take-off and landing.  My doctor suggested that I try Zicam Sinus Relief Nasal Gel before getting on the plane.  I did and was pleasantly surprised by the immediate relief the nasal gel gave me.  Within minutes after using this product, I was breathing freely again.  The fact that it gave me a cooling sensation of menthol and eucalyptus was just a bonus. Zicam also has a patented no-drip formula.  This is a bonus, since having the nose spray run down the back of your throat can cause such a burning sensation that you will never want to use nosesprays again. I had such a wonderful experience with this product, I actually recommended it to my daughter to use also, before our flight back home.  This product also worked for an extended amount of time and did not make me nor my daughter drowsy.

not impressed with the menthol

there are two parts to this review, using it when i am stuffy due to allergies, and using this product when i was sick. when i have allergies and i am stuffy, but not constantly blowing my nose, this product was average. it did not alleviate the pressure any more so than any other nasal pump. it did not drip though, like many other products do. the second part is never never ever use this product if your nose is dry from constantly blowing your nose or you are prone to dry sinuses. i used it when i was in that situation, and the menthol brought tears to me eyes. it was the most painful experience i have had in a long time. it didn't even relieve anything, it just burned and was horrible. so, in my opinion, only use when the pressure is not terrible and you have not been constantly blowing your nose. for price comparison, i would go with a more cost effective product as there is nothing special about this spray.

It's okay.

from Kansas

Comments about Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Nasal Gel:

I hate nasal spray. I will only use it as a last resort when I am having congestion problems. I tried Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Nasal Gel a few months back when I was having a major sinus infection. It worked alright but I hated the menthol aspect of it!

The gel is supposed to make it not run down your sinus cavities like the liquid sprays do. It does a fairly good job of simply staying where it belongs and not running. My problem with the product was the menthol. It burned my nostrils extremely bad. It also caused my eyes to water for a few minutes. It was just an unpleasant experience. The product did however quickly open up my nasal passages. The box claims it will relieve symptoms for 12 hours but it lasted about half that amount of time.

This product is just okay. If it was not for the unpleasant aspect of the menthol burning my nose and eyes I would really like it.

It's easy to use but the first few minutes after using it are unpleasant because of the menthol in the gel.

Zicam Intense Sinus nasal gel

Comments about Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Nasal Gel:

This is a no drip nasal gel that helps to relieve nasal congestion from colds, allergies, and sinuses. It is a thicker liquid, not a mist like some other products, so it stays in your nasal passages and does not drip down your throat and cause that yucky taste. It has menthol in it so it makes your nasal passages feel cool. Does have a bit of a burn when you first spray it in but it only last a few seconds. If your nasal passages are really dry it will burn a lot worse. This stuff really works though, one spray in each nostril and within minutes all congestion is gone. It seemed to last a long time too. I used it before bed and my nose stayed clear until morning.

Relieved my nasal congestion within minutes, for me it was very effective.

Very easy to use, just spray one spray in each nostril. No need to breathe in too hard since it's a thicker substance and tends to stay in the nasal passage.

Immediacy
Cleared up my nasal congestion in just a few minutes. Works very fast!

• Immediacy:

Gives relief directly to the source.

from Monroeville, PA

Comments about Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Nasal Gel:

Zicam Sinus Relief Spray gives relief directly to the source of my sinus issues. I like that the spray does not cause that awful drip taste in the back of your throat after spraying it. This is my preferred product when I have sinus issues. It acts fast and lasts longer than any other oral tablets I have taken.

Absolutely Awful

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Nasal Gel:

For the life of me, I have no idea how anyone can use this product. My mother picked up some Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Nasal Gel for me to help with my seasonal allergies. I like trying new things and I'm always ready to find better ways to handle allergies. Unfortunately, this gel from Zicam is just not for me. Using this caused by far one of the worst feelings I have ever had in my life. I cringe just thinking about it.

For me, this product was not effective at all. That was probably caused by the fact that I had to blow it back out of my nose almost immediately after using it. Not only did it feel absolutely awful entering my nose, it also gave me a horrible jittery feeling. The best way I can describe it is the way people describe Restless Leg Syndrome. This was seriously the worst allergy medicine I have ever used.

Give me an allergy pill any day. I will never again try shooting something like this up my nose.

Relieving effect

Comments about Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Nasal Gel:

I have used this every time I get a since flare up and it works so much more wonders than taking allergy pills. This has no side effects of making you feel like you are drowsy, works fast and lasts for a few hours. Its so nice to take a squirt and have an almost instant relief. I hate spraying my nose which then causes my eyes to water but its so worth that to have a relief and not sound like you are deathly sick sneezing every five minutes!

• Immediacy:

A must for stuffy noses!

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Nasal Gel:

I highly recommend this item if you just can't seem to get rid of the stuffy clogged nose and just want to be able to breathe! Do not overuse it - use only as directed. It really does work! One of the BEST sinus relief sprays I have ever used.

Zicam Sinus Relief is amazing! Fast relief!

from Apopka, FL

Comments about Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Nasal Gel:

I usually would steer clear of anything requiring me to shoot something up my nose, but since I'm pregnant, Zicam Sinus Relief Nasal Decongestant was one of the few options I had to help with my sinus infection - brought on by allergies. I used the Zicam spray three times in two days, and it completely broke up all the congestion in my nasal passages. It worked very quickly and was very affective.

I had a few issues with it: right after I used it, it kind of burned and stung for a few minutes. I suppose that means it is working, but it is not exactly comfortable.

I like that it has menthol and eucalyptus in it along with a non-drowsy formula unlike other allergy medicines like Benadryl. It also has loads of zinc in it. I have recommended this product to family members and friends.

Zicam works wonders

from Reno, NV

Comments about Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Nasal Gel:

I have servier allergies and one year I desided to pick up some medication from the local grocery store. It is a little expensive BUT WORKS!!! I used this and within 2 min I coul dbreathe again. and it lasted! I only had to use it in the am and at night before bed. I will never pay for another product again! I am so glad that I picked this up!

Zicam did a wonderful job in helping me breathe easily again.

from Randolph, KS

Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Menthol Opens Sinuses Quickly

from Houston, TX

Comments about Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Nasal Gel:

When sinuses are congested- I mean, really congested- ordinary cold and sinus tablets will often not provide the level of relief needed. In these instances, about the only means to a clearer nose is to use sinus spray. And one sinus spray that opens up the sinuses quickly is Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Cooling Menthol Pump.

Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Cooling Menthol Pump is a quick, easy to use pump spray that goes directly to the problem, breaking down congestion on contact. Just a few pumps of the liquid into each nostril is all it takes to get congestion out of your way. The product begins working immediately, leading to a nasal discharge that takes away much the problem so you can breathe freely once more. It doesn’t burn quite the way other sinus sprays are prone to do, so this is yet another advantage of using this product.

Lots of manufacturers make sinus sprays, so what Zicam offers may not seem like anything special at first. However, the added menthol is something a little more unique and it does make a difference. Menthol has a cooling effect, and the cooling action you get from these vapors helps to further enhance the medication’s ability to provide relief.

Congestion is annoying and it can interfere with one’s ability to smell things and taste food. But the good news is that you can wipe it out quickly using Zicam Intense Sinus Relief Cooling Menthol Pump. The cooling menthol makes the difference and even though it is a little on the costly side, I find the added enhancements worth the price.

This Zicam product helps breakup congestion and open sinuses quickly.

Very easy to use, just pump a few times in each nostril.

Immediacy
Provides relief in less than one minute