3.9

Pros

Cons

Nice quiet humidifer

Output Volume
The humidifier has a output volume that is consistent with the rate you can set it at. The water lasted a while and didn't run it dry before it's time to refill. It did it's job well and I didn't have to worry about it after I turned it on.

THe humidifier did it's job that I bought it for, for my kids who have health issues and also for my own self. It made a cool mist for the room and it was easy to regulate it for the amount of water that I needed for the health issues I was having and needed a humidifier.

The top is well placed for the water to be filled and it was nice and big not a small hole to try and fill the well part. It didn't slosh out when I went to empty it after washing it out after a night of use Our water was hard and it made a ring inside it and it gave you instructions on how to easily clean it out.

Mine was sued a lot and it lasted 10 years tot he day before I had to replace it from the hard water usage that finally did the unit it. It ran well and a long time and I was very pleased with it.

It was designed well with kids and Moms in mind as it wasent easy for my kids to access into it and get burnt. It also made it easy for me to clean and get a lot of easy use out of it when we had colds. flus and bronchitis over the many winters we used it! I would buy this one again!

Not to0 impressed with this Vicks humidifier

I am not too impressed with the vicks V425 humidifier. The cost of this humidifier is very good any one should be able to afford it, it is very easy to use, just add water and plug it in, you can also add vapor liquid into the water which maked it help my cold much more than the humudifier alone. The negative issues that I have with this humidifier are as follows, it is very hard to get the water out of the humidifier when empting it out, there is a lip around the top that prevents the water from flowing out. I usually have to shake,tilt, and play with this for a few minutes to get all of the water out. My second issue I guess has some what to do with the mineral content of my local water, but if you do not have enough mineral content it will not prodcue steam, so the directions say that you can add a small bit of salt to the water to help. I never seem to get the amount of salt correct, add too little salt and you get no steam add too much salt and it starts spitting steam/water all over the place, not good especially since part of the advertisment on the box leads you to believe this product is good for a childs room.

Moldy Windows

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Vicks 1.2 Gallon Humidifier:

I bought the Vicks 1.2 Gallon Humidifier for my son's room in the winter time when he was suffering from allergies. I was hoping that it would increase the moisture in the air to make breathing less laborious. The unit is easy to use. The top lifts off for easy filling. I am able to turn my water filter spout around backwards, otherwise it would be quite heavy to hold and awkward to fill.
After about three or four uses, I noticed black flecks in the water. I rinsed and washed every part, but they continued to form. I can only assume that it is from the mechanism inside that humidifies the air. I'm not sure if there is a carbon filter.
The tricky part was figuring out where to place the humidifier so that the blast of moisture got to my son. It is quite bulky, so we ended up placing it on the floor. After a few weeks of running it with no noticeable improvement in his allergies, I noticed mold all over the sides of his window. This lead to bigger sinus issues. I was unable to return the humidifier, so I sold it at a garage sale.
There are slots for Vick's Vapor Rub tablets, which I did try but was not satisfied with. I found better results applying the Vick's to his chest and feet.

Kind of a pain to clean

Black flecks in the water

Bulky and awkward

Your Basic humidifier But a Good One

from Nashville, TN

Highlights of the Vick's Humidifier that made me buy:
1. Price: This is one of the most affordable humidifiers on the market.
2. Easy to Use: Of the many humidifiers out there that I have used, I have found this one to be among the easiest of all to use.
3. It is made of plastic but it is very strong and durable

My purchase was one that I was glad to have made. It works wonderfully. My biggest complaint is the smaller size of the unit, but just a minor detail for a great machine.
It puts out a nice flow of solution and really keeps the air light and fresh. I can tell a huge difference when I am using this and when I am not.
I have less allergies now and I notice my children with fewer sneezes and sniffles as well.

Work great. The entire home feels different when you are using this humidifier and it certainly freshens the air.

Remove the top portion of the humidifier and you are ready to clean it. Takes only a couple of seconds.

SImple design is very easy to use

Nice quiet humidifer

from Ottawa Illinois

• Output Volume:

Good humidifier for your money

from Dublin, OH

Comments about Vicks 1.2 Gallon Humidifier:

We used this humidifier several times with our infant when we traveled to our parents' house. Our parents specifically bought it, because it was a cool mist humidifier, which they believed to be better than a warm steam vaporizer. We, ourselves, own a Vicks warm steam vaporizer and find the two to be nearly the same. When we consulted with our doctor, she said that either would be fine to use with our baby. We felt that this particular product served its purpose and would recommend it to others.

Output Volume
It seems like there could be more mist coming out of it. This is really my only major complaint about the product.

It does what it's supposed to do: raise the humidity level in the room.

It is fairly easy to clean out the water container; however, the top part of the device (the part that contains the motor/fan), is somewhat of a pain to clean. It gets particles stuck in it from the water and eventually builds up after a few times of use. It is very difficult to clean off this build-up from the fan.

It's help up for several years and is still functioning well.

It's a very simple design. Very easy to operate.

• Output Volume:

Works good but gets hard water deposits and eventually molds

Comments about Vicks 1.2 Gallon Humidifier:

If you find this cheap enough it is effective. You can use it for a few months or so but eventually it will get a lot of hard water deposits (granted I'm using tap water) and unless you find a way to dry it out it will eventually get mold, which I highly doubt you want to breath in. You might do better than I did if you really try to pull this apart and dry it after every use, but the bottom line, works, but plan to replace it after a while.

Output Volume
No controls on how much but it puts out a decent amount of moisture.

runs like a champ

yeah, good luck cleaning this thing

It would work for a long time I guess but the mold and stuff makes you throw it out before finding out

works but does not make cleaning easy

• Output Volume:

Vicks Humidifier was great for a year....

from Dover, DE

Comments about Vicks 1.2 Gallon Humidifier:

When we first got this humidifier it was wonderful, much better than our old fashioned one that the filter lifted off the top. It puts out an awesome amount of vapor and runs very quiet. It is easy to fill and has a large water tank. Everything was going well until we accidentally left water in it when not in use for a few weeks. The foam filter began growing mold on it in less than a month. Now yes, this was our error and not the fault of the product or company. However, when I went to replace the filter, I was told it was not available. Therefore, we wound up having to throw the entire unit out. I had to take a star away for non replaceable filter.

filter issue as stated above.

Simple & Effective

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about Vicks 1.2 Gallon Humidifier:

This gadget is like Vicks Vapor Rub-comforting. I like the soft sound, and it resembles the old-school humidifiers our grandparents had. It needs new water for just about every use because its small, but if you don't mind that I recommend this or any of the simple Vicks models; they last forever. I have to have humidity when I sleep for my respiratory health, so if its too cold to crack a window, or especially if I have a cold, I get this gadget out. It gets a lot of use and appreciation in winter. Any number of comforting substances can be poured into the water to make your room smell good. My cat also likes to stick her face in the vapor stream-very amusing!

Output Volume
Water runs out fast but the smaller size makes it easier to move.

Simple, reliable.

Take it apart, even put the lower part in dishwasher.

Holds together when dropped.

Very functional

Great little deal

from Auburn, AL

Comments about Vicks 1.2 Gallon Humidifier:

I refuse to spend very much money on a humidifier, since we rarely use it. The only time we pull this out is if we are sick. I originally purchased this to use in my children's bedroom whenever they had a bad cough or congestion. I purchased this one mostly because of the cost. It was cheaper than the others, but I hoped it would work well enough to do the job. It has a very cool mist and does it's job. It is pretty quiet, but makes a soft, soothing blowing noise that helps my kids to sleep better. If using it overnight, you have plenty of water remaining in the morning, so there is no danger of being emptied in the night. It is a very simple machine that is easy to use. It was worth the good price we paid!

Okay product

from North Liberty, IA

Comments about Vicks 1.2 Gallon Humidifier:

This product is okay for a humidifier. It typically requires that I add salt to the basin in order for it to work properly. Also, odd black flecks are left in the basin after it is used. It seems to be the plastic part of the humidifier coming off in the water, although I am not certain of this. The air is warm, which is nice. It will stain your carpet if left on it for any period of time which is due to the black flecks I mentioned earlier. The cord is a bit in the short side, but an extension cord can easily be added. I have not tried adding any of the Vicks products to the top for sinus relief, but it appears like that would work without a problem. My biggest complaint is the staining of surfaces due to the black flecks.

It is very difficult to get the black flecks out due to the basin design

Used it for 5 years without problem

It works Fine

from Tidioute, PA

Comments about Vicks 1.2 Gallon Humidifier:

I got this humidifer for free as it was on sale at a drugstore and they had a promotion where you got money back on it if you purchased it and well, it balanced itself out. That being said, if you can get it for free or for a low price, this humidifer is a good one to do the job. However, after owning the "Vicks 3500 1.2 Gallon Cool Mist Humidifer", it would not be my first choice. I wanted another humidifer so I didn't have to carry my original one up and down the stairs, and at the price of free I wasn't turning it down.

The only major downfall I have found with this one was that the lip does not allow for the water to easily be removed from the unit. After tipping and turning to try to get the water out I just let it sit out overnight and it usually dries just fine.