4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Output Volume:

not only cute but also quiet and doesn't wet around it"

I have read tens of pages of reviews about lots of different models and types of humidifiers.

I thought I should pay extreme attention to a product in which electricity and water were coming together. This was especially a potential problem in case of ultrasonic humidifiers because they are delivering high amounts of moisture without heating the water, so there is always the possibility of that cold water landing right next to the humidifier. I really wanted to avoid an electric device sitting in a pool of water, especially if that pool is going to be on my carpet... So after long and careful consideration I bought this, and I am VERY SATISFIED. It does not wet around itself, it is capable of delivering high amounts of moisture without causing that problem. It works very quietly, has a nice volume reservoir so it does not need frequent refills and it is a cute decorative addition (has different styles, we have a cow and a frog) especially for kid's rooms. We run it in our daughter's bedroom every night and she sleeps very comfortably. I definitely recommend this product to everybody.

The Penguin is a cutie but needs to learn to wipe up his messes!

Being the mom of three boys, you know I need a good Humidifier, and there are slim pickens on warm mist humidifiers, too bad, because the cool ones seem to stink. But, since the pediatrician's are on this cool mist humidifier kick, manufacturers have come out with all these super cute/cool units that look great in the kid's bedrooms, so I bit and picked up this cute **Crane Penguin Humidifier**.

So these **Crane Penguin Cool Mist Humidifiers **do kick out a lot of mist, the problem is it is cool mist so it doesn't really evaporate, it just shoots cool water all over the place and makes everything WET! It actually warped the top of my sons dresser (that was even with a bath towel under it). And I don't know if it was just in my head, but it felt like this Cool mist Humidifier actually made the boys rooms colder. EEKS!

Secondly, this **Crane Penguin Cool Mist Humidifier **is super difficult to fill up. You take off the head and try to fit it under the faucet nozzle (forget trying the bathroom sink...it won't fit). Then you have to try to fit it back on without spilling water everywhere.

Thirdly, the **Crane Penguin Cool Mist Humidifier **does get nasty after just a short period of time. It slimes up the unit and this particular Penguin Humidifier has so many grooves, nooks and crannies for mold and slime to hide, it just felt super difficult to clean it thoroughly - who wants cool slimy mist blowing all over a sick child's room (let alone a healthy child's).

I did fall for the cute little face on this **Crane Penguin Humidifier**, but wish I hadn't. They got tossed out within three months. I'd say PASS, grab a real decent humidifier that cool do the trick.

Output Volume
This humidifier delivers LOTS of mist - which can be bad!

It really gave off a lot of mist - and you can adjust the strength. It helped me discover my dislike of cool mist humidifiers.

I found these very difficult to clean and fill. The head is very big and bulky and hard to get under faucets - I had to use the tub to clean and fill.

This worked well until one day it just DIDN'T work any longer (after about a year). It would light up, but nothing would mist out.

Because these do kick out a lot of cool mist, the water doesn't really evaporate, it just shoots the mist all over the place and makes everything WET!

Cute!

from Broken Arrow, OK

Comments about Crane Penguin Cool Mist Humidifier EE-865:

This is a very cute humidifier. My son loves it. It works pretty decent for a bedroom. I do not think it could handle a larger room. I have to fill it every night. I wish it held more water. It works alright but I would not say I love it. I probably like it more since it is a cute pengiun than I would if it were not. I will keep it until I find something that I works better but I would not buy it again. One thing I do not like is how often I have to clean it out. That is probably more the quality of my water but it is not easy to clean. I am afraid to use a cleaner on it so I will continue to try to clean with a small brush but it does get a lot of build up.

Great Product

from Dana, KY

Comments about Crane Penguin Cool Mist Humidifier EE-865:

The Crane Penguin Cool mist humidifier is super cute and great when you have small children with a cough, congestion, or a cold. It holds one gallon of water and mists out 2.1 gallons a day. It helps to provide relief for coughs, sinus problems and dry skin. It operates very quietly and is very easy to clean. The Crane Penguin cool mist humidifier is very kid friendly. My children love it and think it is super cute. The cool mist is emitted from the penguins beak, which just adds to its' cuteness. Another, positive feature is that it is cool mist rather than warm/hot mist, which means you don't have to constantly worried that small children will touch it a get burned. All in all, the Crane cool mist humidifier is wonderful and works great to relive cold symptoms.

Leaves me less congested

from Jenkintown, PA

Comments about Crane Penguin Cool Mist Humidifier EE-865:

I was in the market for a humidifier that was inexpensive and easy to use. I wouldn't be using it all of the time so I also wanted something that could be stored away easily. I use a radiator in my bedroom in the winter so it leaves things a bit dry. I kept waking up with a stuffy nose and decided I should try a humidifier to see if that helped. I read through a variety of reviews and eventually ended up getting this penguin. It doesn't necessarily go with my bedroom decor but I liked the penguin design and the price was right. I have used it this winter and my stuffy noses have subsided greatly. I usually use it on the lowest setting and it just gives a nice, light mist that lasts a few days when the humidifier is full. It is not noisy at all and I barely notice it when sleeping.

• Output Volume:

A cute humidifier that blows cool air

from Louisville, TN

Comments about Crane Penguin Cool Mist Humidifier EE-865:

I love this cute humidifier. Crane offers several of these animal humidifier and it was perfect for our daughters room. We needed one because we heat mostly with wood and it gets really dry in the winter. This humidifier is nice because it blows cool air so it doesn't make her room more warm then it already is and it rarely makes the room stuffy. It is also nice because it doesn't have any filters that need replaced and it also has a dial for humidity control. We've been using it for several years now so it also lasts!

Output Volume
There is a dial control so you can adjust the output as needed.

Has worked great for several years now.

It's hard to clean inside the bowl but ours really doesn't get that dirty.

Haven't had a problem with it yet!

Comes in such cute animal shapes!

Very cool humidifier

from Mechanicsburg, PA

Comments about Crane Penguin Cool Mist Humidifier EE-865:

I have this humidifier and also have one for cool mist spiderman as well for my son and we all absolutely love it. the cool mist is very nice during winter weather and keeps the air moist in the bedrooms. This has helped my son very well to sleep properly and at school age they can runny and stuffy nose so many times. It has also helped my daughter as well. The cool mist humidifiers are the best one, i would recommend it to everyone. And you do need to keep humidifier in each bedroom as it would help a lot and you can really have a very good night of sleep and wake up fresh the next morning. I am going to get the seperate one for my daughter too!

• Output Volume:

How much do you love penguins?

Comments about Crane Penguin Cool Mist Humidifier EE-865:

I titled this review "how much do you love penguins" for a good reason. That reason being that this is hardly the most powerful and impressive humidifier out there but it has a great and really cute design. If you and your kids love penguins, this might be enough to lean towards buying this humidifier. If you are not a particularly big fan of penguins and your kids are not as well, I might recommend that you go with another more mundane (boring) looking humidifiers that does a better job of humidifying the air.

To be honest, the Crane Penguin Cool Mist Humidifier does an ok job. Assuming that you do not live in an ultra-dry, desert-like environment, it will prevent you and your loved ones from getting bloody noses. However, for those of you who need humidifiers able to significantly moisten a room, this humidifier might not get the job done. Also, a cool mist humidifier is probably not the best idea where you live in a relatively cold area.

So cute!

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Crane Penguin Cool Mist Humidifier EE-865:

My children all suffer from seasonal allergies. Someone recommended to me that I get cool mist humidifiers for each of their rooms to help with the allergens in the air. I have to say that this has really helped! I love the Crane line of humidifiers that are shaped like different animals. My boys love them and they are not an eye sore when you see them in their rooms. There have been many nights that I don't know what I would have done without these wonderful machines. They definately helped out when the croup came to visit.

These are very easy to clean (we clean them nightly) and fill. My boys actually fill up their own before they go to bed each night.

They are adorable! What more can you say?

Great little humidifier

Comments about Crane Penguin Cool Mist Humidifier EE-865:

We've had this humidifier for over 6 years now. It's been a great little humidifier and we use it all the time, especially during the cold, dry winter months and during the flu season. We have two little boys and this humidifier is a fun design for kids. It works great! We usually turn it on at night for them. I really like that the humidified air comes out of the penguin's beak that is slightly pointing upward. So the stream of air goes up and then descends down. The air comes out cool and moist. It does just what is it supposed to. We've never had any problems with this humidifier. It's been really nice to have for when the kids have had croup, any respiratory problems, bloody noses, etc. Our winters are really dry, so sometimes I just have it on for them at nights just to provide a little extra moisture in the air. It seems to help them with their dry skin a lot.

Cute, works pretty well!

from Lenexa, KS

Comments about Crane Penguin Cool Mist Humidifier EE-865:

I put the Crane Penguin humidifier on my baby registry when I was expecting. We received it and began using it soon after. While I do like the looks of it -- I mean, have you ever seen a cuter humidifier? -- I wish it had a larger capacity. We ran it in my son's room this past week when he had a cold, and it seemed like we were refilling it constantly. And while filling it is fairly simple, it does drip a little since you have to pick it up and turn it over to place the resivior on the base. It is very quiet, which is nice, but it does have an "on" light that glows pretty brightly. We ended up setting a stuffed animal in front of it to minimize the glow at night.

Great for a kid's room

from Rocky Mount, NC

Comments about Crane Penguin Cool Mist Humidifier EE-865:

We purchased this humidifier last winter when our children were having respiratory issues, and we've used it in their room during the colder months. We've been advised by a doctor to run a humidifier if we are running the heat in our home. This penguin model is cute to sit in their room, and it is very effective at conditioning their air. It doesn't hold as much water in the basin as some of the other models, so it may need to be refilled more often depending on how high you have the settings.

Output Volume
This model produces a good amount of mist.

This humidifier has done exactly what we needed it to do.

None of these are super easy to clean, but this model is pretty easy to flush with vinegar water.

We've had no issues.

I like how the upright penguin design uses a smaller footprint.