Other Humidifiers:

Crane 2.3 Gallon COOL Mist Humidifier

Pros

Cons

• Output Volume:

This humidifier is amazing!!!

I needed a humidifier to help with extremely dry air caused by a radiator-type space heater in my bedroom. I tried Vick's filter-free humidifier and found that all it did was spray water EVERYWHERE! I was really hoping this was not how all cool-air type humidifiers worked! I returned the Vick's humidifier and checked out the reviews on others. It was definitely hard to find a reasonably priced humidifier with good reviews. But then I found the Crane humidifier. I ordered it with low hopes, even though the reviews were good. I plugged it in and turned it on... but I didn't hear anything! I didn't think it was working at first since it didn't make any sound. But, there was a fine mist coming out of the directional "cone" so I knew it worked. The mist is so fine that it doesn't get anything really wet (unless you have the power on too high - but there are directions to avoid doing this). It's really easy to clean, too! Basically once or twice a week I fill the reservoir and tank with bleach-water and let it sit for 20-30 minutes and rinse. Haven't had any problems with mold or wetness around the humidifier. Definitely a great purchase! Highly recommended!!!

I like my previou one better--it's just not for me.

After hearing great rumors about this piece, I decided to buy it.  The dealer I purchased it from had in on sale for a nice, well-round price so it wasn't too...Read complete review

After hearing great rumors about this piece, I decided to buy it.  The dealer I purchased it from had in on sale for a nice, well-round price so it wasn't too much of a hassle.

I like to keep my air clean and somewhat moist.  I have been using humidifiers for years now.  This one, however, does not stand the test of time in my eyes.  After setting it up, I had problems within a matter of minutes.  The stand I had it placed on had water droplets surrounding it.  The water was not being heated at the right temperature or speed to give it the proper movement of which I am used to.  Also, if I would've let the humidifier continue over night, my wooden stand (which doesn't have a finish on it) would've been ruined!  I understand that it doesn sound like I'm being picky, but if I put money on anything, I expect quality.

When I adjusted the settings on the humidifier for what I thought seemed my taste, it became to moist and thick in the air.  It has just been a lot of trouble with this one so I continue to use my old one.

I'm not saying this is a bad product altogether; it's just not for me.  I'm very picky.

Does it's job

from Ann Arbor MI

About Me Renter

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Easy To Use
  • Lightweight
  • Quiet

Cons

• Hard To Clean

• Bedroom
  • Dry Winter
  • Living Room
  • Nursery

Comments about Crane 2.3 Gallon COOL Mist Humidifier:

I had a problem in the winter with getting a dry throat and nose while I was sleeping, so I bought this to fix that. I don't have any complaints with the job it does; I haven't had a dry throat since I bought this! I've been using it for 2 winters now. However, I do have complaints with the cleaning of it. You're supposed to empty the water from the bottom part everyday and clean it, which I am unable to do because I don't have time. Because of this, it usually grows some mildew within a few days of not cleaning it. So, every time I am able to clean it (usually once every two or three days) I have to use cleaner to get the slime off. It's not a big problem and it doesn't affect how well the humidifier works but it is annoying to go through that every couple of days. It's pretty big and if you have it on a low setting, one filling of water can easily last a week! It doesn't look bad just sitting in your room so, overall, I do highly recommend, especially if you are able to empty the water every day.

Cool, ultra-fine mist

Comments about Crane 2.3 Gallon COOL Mist Humidifier:

This is a great humidifier to choose if you're concerned about condensation on the furniture, as I am. We use this humidifier in the master bedroom where there are wood night tables, and it sits near a wood bedframe. It's hard to find a humidifier that doesn't leave droplets of condensation after a full night's use, but this one (I have tried many!) is the best on that account. The mist comes out with direct and focused upward force, and the mist is so fine that it really dissipates into the air, even on the higher (though not the highest) setting.

Output Volume
The output volume is very good, and doesn't need to be turned down as mentioned above. The mist is ultra fine so the container doesn't need to be refilled as often as other humidifiers whose mist winds up moistening my furniture and carpets as opposed to the air.

Cool and steady mist, very quiet unit.

I don't think any humidifier is easy to clean. I rinse with vinegar and try to wipe the interior of the base regularly. The interior of the base tends to accumulate a greenish film, which I think is from our hard water.

We've had this unit for the past three winters with no problem.

It's not ugly and I like the modern curvature. However it does take up quite a bit of table space.

Great for nose bleeds

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Crane 2.3 Gallon COOL Mist Humidifier:

I purchased the Crane 2.3 Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier to help with my nose bleeds and dry throat. This device is very small and takes up hardly any space in my room. I filled the water tank up and turned it on. I was really surprised by how quiet this device was compared to other units I have owned in the past. This unit lets out a nice cool shot of mist in the air. I let this device run over night while I slept and when I woke up in the morning I felt great. My throat wasn't dry and I didn't get a single nose bleed when I got up. For the first time in years I didn't have to blow my nose in morning and I didn't have a raspy voice. I turned off the water tank and emptied it until my next use. Later that day I filled the tank back up and proceeded to turn it on. The next morning I woke up to the same wonderful results. I definitely would recommend the Crane 2.3 Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier to anyone whom suffers from nose bleeds and sinusitis problems.

Works great!!

from Pelzer, SC

Comments about Crane 2.3 Gallon COOL Mist Humidifier:

I bought the crane humidifier for my new baby girl. My son got sick this fall so i used it for the first time in his room. It really helped him to get a good nights rest. It helped his cough, snotty nose, and chapped lips. Then a few days later my baby girl got sick and i used it with her and it really helped her sickness to not be so bad especially at night. I love the fact that it doesn't need a filter and is pretty easy to clean!

Output Volume
The output is great. You control the amount you want to come out of the humidifier. I usually put the switch in the middle and get a big amount of mist to come out!

I think it works great! I love that you can change the level of mist coming out! I can turn it on and 8 at night and it will work all night long!

After using the humidifier a lot more i realized It is hard to get down in it to clean so that can be a little aggravating.

We use it a lot and it still works great and seems brand new!

I love the modern look and design.

• Output Volume:

I can sleep through the night with this one!

from Newark, DE

Comments about Crane 2.3 Gallon COOL Mist Humidifier:

Quiet and doesn't ugly up my bedroom! I can leave this one out and use it for it's health benefits in addition to move it easily into the kids room when sick. It's easy to fill and doesn't create spillage when filling it with a gallon of water.

Output Volume
Provides a gentle cool mist just as described. Also, it's nice if you fill it up before bedtime, it doesn't run out quickly so you can easily make it through the entire night without needing a refill.

Have had no issues after using it for over two weeks now.

Easy - very easy - unlike my old traidional one that I could never get the water out!

I haven't had any issues except it states to put it on a no lint surface, so that eliminates me putting a towel underneath it to keep the furniture nice.

Nice to look at and the dial is nice and large enough to use, even for a child. You only need water, and no need to add salt or any other ingredients. It does give a nice quiet cool mist. Both my husband and I hated the gurgling sounds of an older one we had, but this one doesn't have that issue. It takes up less surface space and we just love it!

I have 3 of these and all are flawless

Comments about Crane 2.3 Gallon COOL Mist Humidifier:

I bought one a long time ago because I knew Crane Humidifiers had great reputation. Although they were a bit pricey, I wanted a fool-proof humidifier. I tried buying another brand for the next humidifier, but it went wrong in a month. From this point on, I've only been buying this Crane humidifiers and they have been bulletproof all the way. I've never encountered any problem, and they perform exactly as it did when I first bought it. I even had one dropped on the floor, and it works flawlessly like nothing happened. Cleaning is always an issue with these because the inner walls of the reservoir is hard to get to through a small hole. And there are some corners on the humidifier which are difficult to clean too. I just use a bacteriostatic solution to keep it sanitized and stopped being concerned over a slight stain here and there. Overall, I highly recommend this humidifier.

These humidifiers are generally difficult to clean. And I didn't see any clever technology added to ease the cleaning, so 8/10.

Very durable. I'm fairly sure it's the most durable humidifier out there.

Love this humidifier!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Crane 2.3 Gallon COOL Mist Humidifier:

We bought this humidifier for our son's nursery because it was cute! We just had to hope that it would function well, too. We have been very pleased with it. It holds a lot of water, meaning you don't have to refill as often. We run it every night on a lower setting and we need to refill it about every 3 days or so. The top part where the mist comes out can be turned to point in any direction-very useful! Another thing I really like about it is how quietly it runs. You can barely hear it when it is on! It does have a little green light that illuminates while it is on but it's not very bright-which I like. I don't like having a bright light glaring you in the face when you are trying to sleep. (Alternatively, the light turns red when the unit is low on water). A bonus to this particular humidifier is that it is really attractive and aesthetically pleasing! After 6 months of using it, I'm very happy with it.

• Output Volume:

Love this humidifier but it died on me quickly :(

from Irvine, CA

Comments about Crane 2.3 Gallon COOL Mist Humidifier:

I love the Crane drop humidifier. When we were on the market for one to put in our baby's nursery, this was the one that was recommended and it's very popular as well. I love the look, how it's sleek and not too child-like. We were going for a whimsical look in the nursery and didn't want one that was too cartoon-like. I love this humidifier and it was a lifesaver when my daughter had a stuffy nose and/or cough. For that reason, I would have given this product ten stars. However, within two years of seldom use and carefully cleaning and caring for it after each use, it already died on us! It makes a loud buzz sound when it's turned on and the buzz will come back randomly throughout the night. Not a good thing when you have a baby who is a light sleeper. We take care of all of our products so it's not from a lack of care. And we do follow instructions on placing it on a hard surface, cleaning the filter, etc.

When I contacted Crane customer care, they said the problem is with the fan and because we purchased it outside of the one year warranty period, they cannot replace it. It's an expensive humidifier so I cannot recommend this product 100%.

Output Volume
After seldom use for two years, cleaning after each use and following instructions on placement (on a hard, open surface), the fan of the humidifier stopped working and it makes a loud buzz sound when turned on.

Works well when it works.

I don't think we got full use of this humidifier for what we paid. It worked in the beginning but it didn't last long!

Sleek design. Sophisticated for an adult or general room and cute for a baby's room.

• Output Volume:

It work great for stuffed nose

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Crane 2.3 Gallon COOL Mist Humidifier:

During my pregnancy I caught cold and suffered from stuffed nose throughout the day which also bled sometimes. So my gynecologist said to use a cold mist humidifier. After searching for humidifiers and looking at a lot of them we bought the Crane 2.3 gallon cool mist humidifier. All our research and review readings helped us find this. I don’t regret buying this humidifier.
Now we have two crane humidifiers one for the baby’s room and one for our room. We use it every day. If I forget to switch it on one day I wake up at night with dry throat and mouth. Same happens with my husband. It is very easy to clean and maintenance cost is very low as there is no filter in the humidifier.

It recommends cleaning the humidifier using white vinegar every week and the basin and jar must be emptied every day before filling it up.

I have one for almost nine months and I use it everyday.

The thickness of the mist can be adjusted with a knob and the nozzle can be rotated 360 degree at the direction in which mist is required.

• Output Volume:

Never have to buy another filter again!!!!

Comments about Crane 2.3 Gallon COOL Mist Humidifier:

We bought the blue/white version of this humidifier after we were sick of buying filters for our old humidifier. This brand is amazing. It pumps out tons of water into the dry air, and you can see the mist! It is very easy to clean. It does need to be cleaned every month as pink mildew does form in the white base. It has a very easy to adjust dial controlling the output of water vapor. Crane also has amazing customer service. I accidentally dropped and broke the tank to our humidifier recently. I contacted the Crane customer service on their website via their "live instant chat" and the girl gave me a direct link to the part i needed plus a free shipping code! I signed up to be a "craniac" as well and received 10% off. So my brand new tank shipped for just 16.19 to my door. Way cheaper than buying a whole new unit.

Output Volume
This unit can output a large volume of water vapor or just a little, with just the spin of a dial.

The base has a few crevices which are a little complicated to clean out, especially since the base tends to collect a lot of pink mildew because of all the direct contact with stagnant water. I used q-tips and bleach water. Also, I noticed a little mildew INSIDE the water tank, which was impossible to get to. But I filled the tank up with 25/75 bleach to water mixture and shook it up and let it sit for a day, and it totally cleared up any and all mildew stains/marks inside the tank.

It is fairly durable. I did drop the water tank on hardwood floor though and it cracked. We glued it with super glue and caulk. It lasted for another month until my 1 year old pulled it down again... and then it shattered along the same crack. This is totally abuse on our end however and not a flaw in design or durability.

It has a very sleek modern design that is attractive and appealing to the eye.