View more body lotions

Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion

Pros

Cons

Sheer Infusion hydrates dry skin

Vaseline Sheer Infusion lotion with Stratys 3 is wonderful. I like that this lotion does not feel greasy, it's silky and smooth and it penetrates your skin to actually hydrate and help relieve dry skin. This lotion works! Plus, it's not too thick and not too watery, it's just right.

I have the scent Botanical Blend and I love it, it's mild and lovely.
Vaseline Sheer Infusion is a little pricey for a lotion you can buy just about anywhere, but they obviously know they have got a great product.

Sheer Infusion Sheer disappointment

I was really hoping that Vaseline Sheer Infusion would stand up to all the hub bub that I saw in the stores about it. I have tremendously sensitive skin; I often get hives, and I am always on the look out for a new product that will help keep my skin moist. And hey- who doesn't trust Vaseline? Of all companies, they should know what they're doing, right?

Wrong. This lotion was not at all what I had hoped for, and certainly not worth the increased price. I used it on different areas of my body at different times, and the results were still the same; soon after each use, it would leave my skin feeling not moisturized, but sticky. Sticky like trying to pull on a pair of jeans when you're soaking wet. It was NOT a comfortable feeling to have, especially when you're looking for something soothing and unnoticeable. At first I thought it was me, but I asked a friend or two of mine to try it and they wrinkled their noses up at the feel of it as well.

Not to say that there aren't nice points to Vaseline Sheer Infusions; for example, the bottle is kinda cool, and the smell is light, not overpowering. However, I would prefer something that makes me smell like a wet dog than use something that makes me FEEL like a wet dog, especially for the price that I see it for in the stars. At this point, it's been relegated to the "backseat of my car" lotion, thus ensuring that I may use it twice a year, and only then if I really need to, until it rolls under the seat, and becomes lost in the void of dirt, empty water bottles and empty ho-ho containers that is my vehicle.  Don't waste your money on this lotion- stick to your old brand, or hey- even the tradiitonal vaseline lotion is a wiser decision than this! Sorry Vaseline- newer doesn't always mean better.

Smells Great and Moisterizes

Comments about Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion:

I love this lotion. If you have dry skin then Vaseline is the brand for you. This lotion comes in three different scents or versions if you will. They are Vitamin Burst, Mineral renewal and botanical blend. I always buy the botanical blend scent and it always smells so amazing. I feel like I just came out of the shower when I put this on. And it moisturizes every time I put it on. I know they have discontinued this product but you can still buy it online at some retailers like amazon.com. They also sell it in the three pack for a great bundle price.

I just love it. Ordering some soon because winter is coming up. This can also be a great gift for someone who has dry skin or for someone who uses a lot of lotion. I know I would love it this if it was gifted to me. With the holidays coming up it can work as a stocking stuffer too. I wish I was able to find this in a mini sized bottle because I would love to be able to keep some in my purse.

Silky Body Lotion

Comments about Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion:

Vaseline Sheer Infusion body lotion is one of the best body lotions I've used. It feels very silky on the skin and is absorbed quickly. And the skin stays moisturized without further applications longer than with many lotions. It comes in several scents and I like them all; however my favorite is the Mineral Renewal variety, which has a fresh clean odor. I use this lotion only on my body since I prefer to moisturize my face with a lotion that has sunblock protection in it. Vaseline Sheer Infusion unfortunately doesn't give that protection. About the only real negative I've found is the bottle. The 6.8 oz. comes in a squeeze bottle/hard tube which can be difficult to squeeze since it's so rigid; however it has the advantage of standing upright by itself. This Vaseline lotion is also more expensive than other Vaseline brands; however I think it moisturizes better and feels better on the skin, so it's worth the extra price (and I can usually find a coupon that will reduce the cost.)

Absorption
Absorbs quickly and leaves no greasy residue.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I haven't noticed a problem with pore blockage; however I don't use it on my face.

Works very well to moisturize the skin.

Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion Review

from Miami, FL

Comments about Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion:

Vaseline Sheer Infusion with Stratys 3 is among my favorite body lotions. The consistency is thick (watery lotions don't hydrate your skin) and the lotion smells great (I bought the Botanical Blend scent). I really feel a difference in my skin after using it. My skin feels smoother and moisturized . My skin is sensitive and I had no issues with breaking out or hives.

Absorption
The lotion absorbs into the skin very well. It leaves a nice silky non-greasy feel.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I did not use it on my face but my body never broke out so it does not clog pores.

The lotion is thick so my skin felt very moisturized. I usually put this on at night and when I wake up I still feel the lotion on my skin. I don't have to keep reapply like many other lotions that don't penetrate my skin.

Works well to relieve dry skin but the scents are strong

from Palo Alto, CA

Comments about Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion:

I suffer from dry skin on my elbows and on my hands. In the winters, my legs can also get dry and scaly. The most bothersome area is actually on my fingertips. When my skin gets really dry, my finger tips can actually crack and bleed and feel painful. So I was excited about trying Vaseline sheer infusion lotion. I tried it in the vitamin burst scent and the botanical blend scent. When I applied the Vaseline sheer infusion lotion to my skin, I noticed that the scaly appearance on my legs went away almost instantly on the first application, and applying it to my fingertips really helped relieve the dryness, again on the first application. The lotion doesn't feel too greasy but absorbs well into the skin. My fingertips went from looking dry to looking back to normal after applying it the first time. The only drawbacks to this lotion is that it is somewhat expensive, and I did not like the scents. The scents were really strong, and I found that the vitamin burst smelled to me too much like a children's vitamin tablet or a vitamin C tablet, and the botancial blend smelled like strong perfume. If you are looking for a product that works well to relieve dry skin, Vaseline sheer infusion lotion is an option to consider because I found it effective in treating dry skin but my honest review would be that you might consider the scents and whether they are right for you because for me, the scents were too strong.

strong and may be bothersome if you don't like strong scented products

great

nicely effective

• Absorption:

vaseline sheer infusion body lotion is my favorite

from Muskegon, MI

Comments about Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion:

I am a coupon shopper and frequently get body lotions really cheap or free, so i've tried a lot of brands, but vaseline sheer infusion is my favorite. The commercial for this product intrigued me. It shows people rapelling through layers to represent the fact the the lotion "infuses" all layers of skin. It doesn't just sit on top, and it doesn't just rub in quickly without really moisturizing. This product really lives up to that claim. We heat with wood in our home which makes it very dry. I have found that vaseline sheer infusion really keeps my skin feeling soft and moisturized, without feeling greasy. Vaseline sheer infusion body lotion comes in three 'flavors' botanical blend, vitamin burst and mineral renewal. I haven't noticed any difference in performance between these three and only a very slight difference in scent. Vaseline sheer infusion body lotion is reasonably priced and can often be found on sale. I also use manufacturer coupons to lower the cost and stock up when i find a good deal on it.

Discontinued?!!!

from Troy, OH

Comments about Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion:

I just read online that this product is going to be discontinued and for the life of me I can't figure out why. This is simply the best lotion I've ever used! It's got a wonderful smell that just reminds me of summer time and vacations! And, unlike most lotions, it's not greasy or oily. I have severely dry skin that often cracks and bleeds, especially on my legs. This was the only product I could use that didn't irritate my skin and actually healed it. Now that I can't find it anywhere, I'm desperate to try new products to replace it. So far, nothing works quite as well. I'm even considering buying this off of ebay! If you do find this product, buy it and hold onto it. It's a great lotion and I still havne't found any better. This is honestly one of the best products Vaseline has ever made. I found their other lotions to be sticky and gummy. This is light and sheer, but very effective. I hope I can find another produc this nice in the future.

So Sheer, It Doesn't Even Feel Like I'm Wearing Lotion

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion:

Just when I feel like I've used every body lotion ever invented, a new one comes along that begs to be given a try. I liked the idea of getting rich moisturization with a sheer product, so I had to buy it.

The Botanical Blend scent is made with botanical Cypress extract and Eucalyptus extract, which is not the most pleasant-smelling combination.  Still, the fragrance was light enough that it wasn't overly bothersome, but it certainly didn't make me look forward to the experience. One of the other formulas may be a better-scented option.

Absorption
In my opinion, the silky-light texture is really the best thing about this lotion. Unlike heavier versions, Vaseline Sheer Infusion barely feels like you've put anything on.

Sheer Infusion has a 3-ingredient combo called *Stratys 3 *-- a patented multi layer moisture complex. My skin feels soft in a natural way--not overly coated or greasy. The staying power was decent for my normal-to-dry skin. I'm not sure that this would be the best solution for highly callused or severely dry skin, but it worked well enough for me.

Sheer Infusion hydrates dry skin

from Livin' on the edge of the world, FL

Comments about Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion:

I have the scent Botanical Blend and I love it, it's mild and lovely.

Vaseline Sheer Infusion is awesome.

from Pikeville, TN

Comments about Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion:

I love this stuff! Smells good, sticks with you, but isnt greasy. Just light and refreshing! Great for a mom who is always washing hands, dishes, cleaning up messes, etc..... Highly recommend and as a matter of fact am giving quite a few away for Christmas.

best smelling lotion ever!!

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Vaseline Sheer Infusion Body Lotion:

i love this lotion! it is seriously my favorite one ever! now if your hands are really dry than aveeno will probably work best, but besides that this is my favorite! it smells extremely good and lasts a long time. what is different about this one though is that is a little pricey for it's size. vaseline is usually much cheaper, but oh well. you will pay for something you love. and i love this product. it really works soooo good. it's funny becuase i work at  a call center and i left this bottle of lotion once at work. the next day when i came back it was all gone and everyone was asking me about it, everyone! and you can smell it on people's hand far away, so i knew who took some :) if  you are looking for a medium size bottle for your car than this is perfect because it not only smells extremely good but it also works great. i'm sure you willl love it as i have. if you like vaseline products than i'm sure you will like this one.