Other Body Lotions:

The Body Shop Mango Body Butter

Pros

Cons

Yet another wonderful product for The Body Shop

There isn't anything that The Body Shop makes that is wonderful in creation, responsibility or use. This company manufactures some of the best products that are available to people for their everyday use and saving grace. The fragrances they use are incredible, memorable and long lasting and this applies to the Mango Butter I am about to review.

This body butter is smooth, rich and creamy and makes you want to EAT it! It smells INCREDIBLE!! It's satiny and rich to the touch and leaves my elbows and knees feeling so darn smooth and touchably soft. I love this scent especially at bed time since it is relaxing and helps lull me into sweet dreams. If you enjoy the fruity smells of lotions and creams and especially love citrus scents, give this body butter a test drive. You will not be disappointed in any manner. The Body Shop goes the distance to ensure your satisfaction whenever you use one of their products.

Sandy

It reminded me of a tropical get-away.

I received a little gift basket a few days ago from a co-worker, and I was very excited to find The Body Shop Mango Body Butter for very dry skin inside. It contains mango seed oil and cocoa butter. I'm a huge fan of cocoa butter as it works well with my skin type. I suffer from extremely dry and flaky skin on my face, arms and legs. My very first impression of the body butter was the incredible scent! It reminded me of a tropical get-away. The first time I applied the body butter, I used way too much and was left with a greasy, sticky feeling all over my arms, hands and legs. The Body Shop's Mango Body Butter had a thick consistancy. It wasn't too watery like some lotion's I've used, which was nice. Despite feeling "icky" for a while until the body butter soaked in, it really did hydrate and moisturize my dry skin and left me smelling exotic, which I enjoyed. Lesson Learned: Use the Mango Body Butter - just use it in smaller amounts.

Best of the Body Butters

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Long Lasting
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great
  • Softens Skin

Cons

• None

• After Shower/Bath
  • Deep Moisturization
  • Dry/Chapped Skin
  • Winter Dryness

Comments about The Body Shop Mango Body Butter:

I LOVE this product. I was given my first one for Christmas last year and have been hooked ever since! It absorbs quickly and leaves a fabulously moisturized skin without the greasiness. Personally this is my favorite fragrance of the body butters available at The Body Shop. It reminds me of spring and smells fresh and awakening. If this scent is not your cup of tea there are many other variety's and I'm sure there is one out there to suit everyone's liking. I am a budget buyer so to me, this product is a little more on the expensive side but it is worth every penny; it's also not hard to find coupon codes or other deals to lower the cost. Overall I believe this product is by far the best of the body butters!

Great scent and texture

Comments about The Body Shop Mango Body Butter:

This lotion has the best texture among lotions. Creamy without feeling greasy, light without being useless. Absorbs well. Great for hand and body. Amazing after a shower, especially on arms and legs. Seems to inhibit hair growth after shaving but that's only my experience. The smell of this variety is delightful and sweet. Probably too fruity for most men but I knew a guy who liked it. It verges on cloying but doesn't quite get there in my opinion. These containers don't last as long as I want them too and the lotion gets dried and gummy on the edges toward the end. But ultimately it's a luxury item in my opinion. Never had any problems using it on my skin, which is pretty sensitive. It seems to be very natural. I think the packaging is attractive and if you clean them out especially well you could re-use the containers. I have bought this as a gift on more than one occasion.

my favorite body butter

Comments about The Body Shop Mango Body Butter:

Let's start off with scent. This is one of the best smelling body products I have ever smelled, bar none. It smells amazing. The scent is bright and fresh and vibrant and fruity. It truly does smell like mangoes. It is a strong scent, meaning it will linger after you first apply it. I love this as it means I will move my arms and hands and get a glorious whiff of mango, but you do have to make sure not to apply a clashing perfume scent.
The texture of the body butter is great, it glides onto your skin like silk. Your skin feels instantly moisturized upon application. It absorbs at just the right speed, not so quickly you feel like you need more, and not so slowly you have a film of butter that you have to wait for to dry before getting dressed. This stuff lasts a long time because you don't need very much and it lasts so long on your skin you don't have to reapply very often at all.

Smells so yummy

Comments about The Body Shop Mango Body Butter:

I love the Body Shop Mango Body Butter. It smells so yummy and obviously smells like mangos, which I like. The butter is creamy, yet not greasy at all. It effectively cures my dry skin on my legs, arms, and elbow areas. Also, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Heaven-scent

Comments about The Body Shop Mango Body Butter:

I'm a huge fan of anything from Body Shop, but this stuff goes on a bit greasy. Leaves a small film, and you really have to go easy on how much you use, unless your skin eats it like a sponge.

The scent is absolutely delicious, and the texture is fantastic. It feels amazing, and I recommend it, with moderation, of course. This lotion may not be completely advisable for those with scent allergies, or those looking for firming lotion, because it is just a pretty scented body butter. It may not cure overly dry skin either. However, it's still a great project.

I, personally, have no allergies to this, and love to use it after a shower, before bed time, and during cold and dry winter days. Even during dry summers it's a very refreshing body butter. Those with allergies should always spot test and give it a few hours, but I definitely recommend it for everyone. It's worth the cost, and always a wonderful refresher on cold, dry days. (Not trying to gush, but I'm a huge mango fan.)

• Absorption:

Smooth, soft and scented?

from Heath Springs, SC

Comments about The Body Shop Mango Body Butter:

This mango scented body butter is absolutely delicious to spread on your dry and flakey skin. It is very thick and creamy, making for a thick covering. You do not need to use a lot so the tub should last quite a long time.

It has a nice mango smell, but if you prefer not to smell like fruit, i would suggest one of the other butters, which are equally as nice.

Absorption
Really does the job! Thick and creamy, this body butter gives good coverage for dry skin.

Using it consistently should prevent overly dry and ashy skin all winter long.

• Absorption:

The Body Shop Mango Body Butter smells delicious!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about The Body Shop Mango Body Butter:

The Body Shop Mango Body Butter is one of my favorite moisturizers. It smells great and goes on thick and creamy yet absorbs quickly and is non-greasy. It leaves my skin soft and well moisturized faster than other brands I've tried. It's a little pricier than drugstore brands yet a little goes a long way.

The scent is even better than fresh mangoes! It smells fresh and sweet without being overpowering and too strong.

Absorption
This product goes on very thick yet absorbs quickly without clogging my pores and making my skin feel like it can't breath. My skin feels soft and conditioned after using this body butter without being greasy and slimy like other lotions and oils.

The Body Shop Mango Body Butter is one of the best moisturizers I've tried. I don't have a Body Shop in my area yet I like this product enough to order online whenever I run out. I've tried dozens of other similar body butters but I can honestly say that Body Shop is the best.

Such a high-quality product

from TN

Comments about The Body Shop Mango Body Butter:

I usually use body butter, when I am looking to add a little extra zing to my daily moisturizing routine. This body butter is such a high quality product and the price is pretty reasonable as well. It smells so good and it makes my skin feel and look as smooth as satin.

This mango body butter from the body shop smells almost good enough to eat, "don't eat though it's not edible. " I also love that the scent seems to last a lot longer than other brands of scented lotions and body butters I have used in the past.

Absorption
This is such a creamy and satin like product and the absorption time for this body butter is incredibly quick.

This body butter works like magic, my skin feel so soft and smooth after I put this on. My skin is pretty dry, so if a product works for me it has to be good. I have even noticed an improvement in the texture and appearance of my skin since using this body butter.

Love this scent!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about The Body Shop Mango Body Butter:

As a general rule, I love everything that comes from The Body Shop. They make a few of my absolute favorite personal beauty products. This Mango Body Butter isn't my favorite moisturizer, however I do like it pretty well. The Body Shop generally makes only good quality products and I believe this body butter definitely falls in the he category.

Usually I'm unhappy with how strongly beauty products smell. I don't like overpowering scents in my lotions or soaps. This Mango Body Butter from The Body Shop however doesn't quite smell strongly enough like Mangos in my opinion. It smells alright, it's not a bad smell, just not enough like Mangos.

Absorption
This absorbs pretty fast. I didn't have any issues with it being to greasy.

Since using this I've found some moisturizing products that I like better, however this does work well to moisturize skin. It's soothing to use after shaving too.

This smells amazing

Comments about The Body Shop Mango Body Butter:

I've used this product for quite a while and it is probably one of my favorite smells out of all the body butters they have.

Mangos are my favorite food and smell, and this one smells so good!

Absorption
It dries at an ok rate, maybe not as fast as I want to.

It leave my skin feeling great and it really helps during the winter to keep my bosy from drying and cracking up.