Other Body Lotions:
The Body Shop
The Body Shop Shea Body Butter

The Body Shop Shea Body Butter

• Absorption:

You will not be an alligator anymore!

I went to a Body Shop at Home party once and this English lady selling it was just raving about this product.  She was once of those ladies that was in her late 50s and looked as if she were still in her 30s and she swore to me that when she lived in England, The Body Shop was the thing to have and she had been using the Shea Body Butter for years and years and that was the single key to her beauty!  I HAD very dry skin, but now that I have been using this, I am not dry anymore.  I can actually feel my skin "drinking" this stuff when I get out of the shower, freshly shaved legs - they just love this stuff!  Can you tell I like it!  If I was a body butter, I would married Shea Butter.

Great for dry skin

I have had extremely dry skin my entire life and have battled it with everything from prescription creams to straight coconut oil. This body butter is GREAT for dry skin! I always used it IMMEDIATELY after getting out of the shower and it felt like it formed a thick barrier on my skin. The smell isn't overpowering and is a little more on the earthy side than fruity or floral. No animal testing! And I LOVE that The Body Shop focuses on using Fair Trade items which helps communities that are struggling in Third World countries.

My only complaint is that I wish they would stop using some of the chemicals that have been found to be dangerous. For example, Parabens have been linked to cancer, but they're in a large majority of Body Shop products. This body butter contains methalparaben, which has been linked to skin damage when exposed to UVA/UVB lights. I can't justify putting lotion on my skin that may damage it or cause skin cancer. Unfortunately because of this, I've stopped using Body Shop products in favor of simpler, equally effective lotions.

The best product to moisturize the body

from UAE

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Long Lasting
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Softens Skin

• After Shower/Bath
    • Bedtime
    • Deep Moisturization
    • Dry/Chapped Skin
    • Eczema
    • Winter Dryness

Comments about The Body Shop Shea Body Butter:

I am using always, is wonderful

this product good and Lowell buy it agai

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Long Lasting
    • Moisturizes Well
    • Smells Great
    • Softens Skin

• After Shower/Bath
      • Bedtime

Comments about The Body Shop Shea Body Butter:

Olive this product and buy it again and again because very good

Thick and creamy with a pleasant scent, incredibly moisturizing

Comments about The Body Shop Shea Body Butter:

The Bottom Line: The Body Shop Shea Body Butter is a staple of my toiletry kit, especially when traveling. It makes a fantastic body moisturizer, and will leave your skin completely hydrated even in harsh, cold weather. I also use it on my face while traveling (to avoid carrying too many products).

The Shea butter scent is quite mild and natural, and bit nutty, but not overwhelming at all. It lingers for quite a while after application, and if you wear vanilla or coconut based perfume or body spray, it goes great together.

Absorption
      Because this butter is quite thick, it will take a bit longer for your skin to absorb it, but its creaminess also makes it very easy to apply and spread all over your skin. I actually also use it on my face when I am on vacation and do not want to carry around a bunch of different products.

This body butter is super effective at moisturizing even the driest skin (like mine). It leaves your skin soft, nourished, hydrated, and healthy looking overall. I use it all over as well as on my face (making sure to avoid the eye area), and I love how smooth my skin feels after using this butter.

Great for dry skin

Wonderful body butter

Comments about The Body Shop Shea Body Butter:

I have super dry skin almost all year. This body butter works perfectly and I no longer see cracks on my arms and legs nor this fish scale like texture on my skin. The only thing is that I can't help to get cream under my nails every time I use it.

Smells absolutely adorable

My skin is absolutely dry but with this it gets soft and silky, so I would say it's very effective.

• Absorption:

Best Valentine's Day Surprise!

Comments about The Body Shop Shea Body Butter:

I received this product as a gift for Valentine's Day. My boyfriend usually does not listen to the specifics, so I was very excited when I opened my gift and received something from The Body Shop. I wanted to use it immediately.
      I use The Body Shop products and love them. However, I did not have the Shea Butter Body Butter yet, so I was super excited to try it. Living in New England, the air has been cold and dry. My skin is so dry and flakey, it's not even funny. I applied this wonderful body butter on my legs last night before bed. When I woke up this morning, they were still moist! I am very glad he got me two body butters, because this is my new favorite beauty product!

I am not usually a big fan of Shea Butter scented items, but this is fabulous. The scent is clean and not overpowering, unlike other product.

Kept my skin moist for a good fourteen hours. Works wonderfully and goes on with little to no mess.

Love it!!

Comments about The Body Shop Shea Body Butter:

All of the Body Shops body butters are truly amazing. I have been using them for years and they always have the best scents! The Shea butter is doubly moisturizing and goes on smooth and is never heavy or greasy. This one is lightly scented and won't interfere with your favorite perfume.

Effective and Smells Nice

from Hartford, CT

Comments about The Body Shop Shea Body Butter:

I've been a huge fan of The Body Shop for years. I love to browse in their store and one day I was tempted to try their Shea Body Butter.

Being a body "butter" I thought it would leave my skin greasy and heavy feeling after using it. To my surprise it didn't! It soaked right in and left my skin soft and hydrated. Of course, I took a jar home with me.

I use their body butter on my hands, arms, legs, feet, all over. It provides great moisturizing with just a small amount. It never leaves your skin feeling like it has something on it. It just absorbs and leaves behind silky smooth skin.

I still love this subtly scented treat, but I have since switched to their Coconut Body Butter since I'm a complete coconut addict. If, for some reason, my Body Shop does happen to be out of my beloved Coconut I will pick up this Shea Body Butter as it is a close second.

I definitely recommend this to those looking for a nice moisturizer that has not been tested on animals and is made without a lot of chemicals.

• Absorption:

This body butter is wonderful & great for sensitive skin

Comments about The Body Shop Shea Body Butter:

I have very dry skin, and have tried lots of different body butters and lotions. This is the best for dry skin that I have found and the scent is great too. Many other lotions and body butter do not absorb into my skin as well, or make my skin feel dry after using them (the opposite of what I want!) There are a number of different scents that I love besides this one, but this is my favorite right now.

Great scent . . . one of my favorites for sure. Very natural smelling instead of smelling like perfume or fake.

Absorption
      Some lotions and body butters are hard to rub into my skin and just seem to make the top layer of my skin greasy. This body butter absorbs well and keeps my skin from getting itchy and dry during the winter.

I tend to get really dry itchy skin during the winter months, but if I put this body butter on after my shower in the morning it works really well for keeping my skin soft and feeling comfortable. Best thing I've found for this problem.

• Absorption:

A deep moisturizing experience.

Comments about The Body Shop Shea Body Butter:

I love this product, simple as that. It is great for the problem areas such as elbows and heels. It is great for anyone who suffers from very dry skin and is fast acting and extremely effective. It is a very heavy duty and thick moisturizer though and contains a lot of fats in it, so it should not be used anywhere near the face or anywhere that is prone to getting spots. I would not hesitate to recommend this product to anyone.

I absolutely love the scents in these brands. It is divine and long lingering on the skin too. It gives the product, and yourself, a luxurious feel.

Absorption
      It absorbs quickly into the skin and deep into the layers, leaving you with skin as soft as a baby's behind.

This product does exactly what it is supposed to do. It is a heavy duty moisturizer and gives fast and effective results. It is most effective on the tough ares like the heels and elbows but is useful on all areas of the body, bar the face.