Other Body Lotions:
Vaseline
Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly

Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly

Pros

• Compact (5)
  • Comfortable (4)

• Infants (6)
    • Absorption:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Grandparent (3)

Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly: Perfect Relief for Dry Skin

What do you do when you have dry skin? Do you reach for a bottle of lotion, or seek out a different from of relief and healing? Lotions offer some advantages, but the product I like best for this purpose is **Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly. **This product has been helping skin stay moisturized for decades and it offers great versatility. Let’s take a look at the basics of this product:

**Petroleum Jelly Commentary:**

Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly is a thick, white colored salve sold in a small, plastic container. It is greasy to the touch and can be used for a multitude of purposes such as protecting burns, healing dry skin and chapped lips, preventing diaper rash, and removing make-up. Its versatility is well- established and many individuals swear by its healing properties.

Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly is used in my household primarily to remove make- up and to help moisturize and heal dry skin. I reach for Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly to treat dry, cracked knuckles- a condition I often experience during the colder months of the year. A small amount of Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly spread on the knuckles and other dry patches on the skin is all it takes to moisturize and relieve the dryness.

Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly is greasy to the touch and this fact will certainly turn- off some potential users. I agree that lotions feel better and usually smell better, too. However, Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly moisturizes more effectively than basic lotions and its thick, greasy texture makes it difficult to remove from the skin. This latter quality is bad when you want to permanently remove the product because it requires greater effort. On the other hand, it means that the product stays in place, protecting the skin better than the typical lotion. Lotions usually wear off sooner than you would like them to, requiring a second treatment. But Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly stays in place better, keeping the skin moisturized and protected.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly is a very good product for skin protection and it still ranks as my favorite dry skin treatment. Sure, other products smell nicer and are sold in prettier packages with better dispensers. But Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly is a reliable protectant that is certain to improve dry skin conditions from chapped lips to dry hands and beyond. It does cost more than comparable store brands of the same product, but its consistent reliability is worth the extra money.

Scent is bland

Absorption
Moisturizes the skin, but doesn't absorb very well

Wroks very well at moisturizing, even though it is greasy

Alternatives to Vaseline will actually nourish & protect skin

This review will not be popular because Vaseline 100% Petroleum Jelly is a skin care product that has been tried, tested and trusted for decades by Women on their skin and by Moms for babies. However, I think just because Vaseline has endured does not mean that it's the best product out there or even that it does it's job the best. Petroleum Jelly is a refined derivative of crude oil (yes, just like gasoline) that can seal moisture into the skin and for many years was a preferred sealant because it was cheap, widely available and could be used on sensitive skin without irritation.

Today though, many natural emollient waxes and butters like Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil (actually a wax), Mango Butter and others also seal moisture in but do so while nourishing the skin at the same time.

I do not like this product nor can I recommend it because Vaseline 100% Petroleum Jelly is simply comprised of a hydrocarbon and fragrance. Now, petrolatum will seal moisture into the skin but unfortunately does nothing else. It works fine if all you need from a product is a non irritant barrier that will seal in moisture but with so many alternatives available today that will actually nourish and protect skin, your money is better spent elsewhere.

With increased consumer awareness about what goes into skin care products these days means there are so many products available today that were not in the past, products formulated with Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Mango Butter and others are common on the personal care aisle in any gorcery or super market.

Unlike Vaseline, these butters and waxes will perform double duty as a barrier preventing the skin from losing moisture while also imparting vitamins and nutrients that nourish skin.

Cheap go to

from parker, az

Pros

• Compact
  • Trusted

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

I love this stuff. It has been around a long time and it is good for lip gloss, chaffing legs, and lotion.

Repeated Buyer

from Livingston, TX

About Me Grandparent

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Comfortable
    • Compact

• Children
      • Old Folks

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

Through the years I have found a variety of uses and am not sure I can even remember all of them. One time I had a cut that formed a had scab and broke open, due to dryness and was painful, so I applied Vaseline petroleum jelly, then a new bandaid. I found it softened my scab overnight; and the one use was enough to aid healing. It is excellent for diaper rashes, and other skin problems since it provides a cushiion against abrasive rubbing of skin from diapers or from cloth rubbing tender areas. I have used on rough skin on heels, then put on thick socks and slept in those toprotect floors from greasy spots during the night. I have used this as an emergency remedy for chapped lips when had no other product on hand especially during winters since we have winds blowing that drys skin and if one forgets and runs tongue around lips, they chap quickly. I keep a big bottle on hand.due to unexpectedly needing to have a al ayer to protect skin from a variety of conditions. This is one of the Name brands a person can depend upon and I hae learned to trust this brand. I am willing to try store brands of many things, but never would when need petroleum jelly/

I like this product a lot

from Ottawa, ON

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Compact
      • Easy to apply
      • Fit for every age group
      • Good for itchy skin
      • Heals Diaper Rash
      • Non-irritating
      • Protection against minor cuts
      • Protects dry skin

Cons

• not for oily or acne-prone skin
      • Plain looking

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

I love this product and use it on my baby's bum instead of applying diaper rash cream because it is free from any impurities and does not affect my baby's skin in any way. Not only that it is good for applying on minor cuts and on dry skin. Unless your skin is acne-prone and oily, I would definitely recommend using this. It is a must for someone who wants natural cream and has dry skin patches or just dry skin.

the best for dry skin

from ksa

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Easy to Assemble
      • Sturdy

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

it is the best for dry skin . i but befor i sleep on my foot and had beautful skin in the morrning

Many uses

from Cassatt, SC

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Attractive Design

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

Vaseline has so many uses in my household. I use it for diaper rash, as chap stick, for personal reasons, to use to protect my skin when I dye my hair, and to heal my tattoos.

Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly: Great for dry cracked heels

from lake park Ga.

About Me Grandparent

Pros

• Comforting
            • Healing
            • Original Skin Protectant
            • Protects minor cuts & burns
            • Relieve chapped lips
            • Soothing

• Elderly
              • Teens

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

I use Vaseline Pertoleum Jelly for dry cracked heels, Chapped lips, and Rough dry skin.
              I have used this product on my kids when they were babies on up to preteens, and now that i'm a Grandmother i use it on my grandchildren, I recomment this product if you're looking for a product to heal minor to very bad dry cracked Skin.

Great for lips

from Marion, Illinois

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
              • Compact
              • Easy to Assemble
              • Sturdy

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

I honestly live by Vaseline. I have used it on my kiddos (boys). I even use it on myself. Now that my kids are older I will put it on their lips and sometimes around their noses in the winter. With all of the runny noses and wiping it it will get raw. The Vaseline is a bit more comforting to use when that season happens. For me ill use it on my elbows and lips all year around. I have the habit of leaving my lipgloss or chapstick at home, and I always have the mini jar of Vaseline in my purse.

good but not great

from saudi arabia

Pros

Cons

• Hard to Assemble
                  • Heavy

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

its too heavy and thick (but if thats what you need) then good

i thought it was good until i used gohnson's unscented jelly
                    its lighter, makes your skin smoother, better for children, and you dont feel so shiny and oily under the sun like vaseline

Pure & Simple

from Midlothian, VA

About Me Grandparent

Pros

• Compact
                    • Easy to use
                    • Soothing

Cons

• NONE

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

I just love this product it is greasy but, it really is something that helps keep the skin from being so dry and flaky. I use it on my grand kids every time they get a bath and I mean all over even on their faces. It helps them keep their skin from looking so harsh. I love that you can buy it with the powder but, I buy just the original. This is a tried and true product and I like that their aren't harsh chemicals in it this is a plus. I would recommend this product to anyone with dry or sensitive skin.

Great item with multiple purposes

from TX

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

I absolutely love Vaseline, this is one item that I constantly see popping up for secret beauty tricks. Works great on cuts to stop bleeding and is the best lip exfoliator ever. I put a little on a soft toothbrush and apply to my lips to remove any old skin. My lips are left feeling soft and rejuvenated. I used this product on all of my children, as the doctor recommended it for diaper rashes and other issues. It is one of the cheapest products available for home remedies and beauty regimes. Surprisingly, this product also works well to avoid foul smells - a small dab under my nose can help block out odors that I deal with at work. I would recommend this product to others for many various needs.

Does not have a strong scent, but actually helps avoid foul smells.

Absorption
                    Absorbs easily into skin and especially lips.

Very effective at aiding in various needs and remedies. I have even heard that it can help with firming skin under the eyes, but I have not seen proof of that yet.

• Absorption: