Other Body Lotions:
Vaseline
Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly

Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly

Pros

• Easy to assemble (3)

• Infants (5)
  • Newborn (4)
  • Preemies (4)
  • Toddler (4)

Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly: Perfect Relief for Dry Skin

What do you do when you have dry skin? Do you reach for a bottle of lotion, or seek out a different from of relief and healing? Lotions offer some advantages, but the product I like best for this purpose is **Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly. **This product has been helping skin stay moisturized for decades and it offers great versatility. Let’s take a look at the basics of this product:

**Petroleum Jelly Commentary:**

Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly is a thick, white colored salve sold in a small, plastic container. It is greasy to the touch and can be used for a multitude of purposes such as protecting burns, healing dry skin and chapped lips, preventing diaper rash, and removing make-up. Its versatility is well- established and many individuals swear by its healing properties.

Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly is used in my household primarily to remove make- up and to help moisturize and heal dry skin. I reach for Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly to treat dry, cracked knuckles- a condition I often experience during the colder months of the year. A small amount of Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly spread on the knuckles and other dry patches on the skin is all it takes to moisturize and relieve the dryness.

Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly is greasy to the touch and this fact will certainly turn- off some potential users. I agree that lotions feel better and usually smell better, too. However, Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly moisturizes more effectively than basic lotions and its thick, greasy texture makes it difficult to remove from the skin. This latter quality is bad when you want to permanently remove the product because it requires greater effort. On the other hand, it means that the product stays in place, protecting the skin better than the typical lotion. Lotions usually wear off sooner than you would like them to, requiring a second treatment. But Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly stays in place better, keeping the skin moisturized and protected.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly is a very good product for skin protection and it still ranks as my favorite dry skin treatment. Sure, other products smell nicer and are sold in prettier packages with better dispensers. But Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly is a reliable protectant that is certain to improve dry skin conditions from chapped lips to dry hands and beyond. It does cost more than comparable store brands of the same product, but its consistent reliability is worth the extra money.

Scent is bland

Absorption
Moisturizes the skin, but doesn't absorb very well

Wroks very well at moisturizing, even though it is greasy

Alternatives to Vaseline will actually nourish & protect skin

This review will not be popular because Vaseline 100% Petroleum Jelly is a skin care product that has been tried, tested and trusted for decades by Women on their skin and by Moms for babies. However, I think just because Vaseline has endured does not mean that it's the best product out there or even that it does it's job the best. Petroleum Jelly is a refined derivative of crude oil (yes, just like gasoline) that can seal moisture into the skin and for many years was a preferred sealant because it was cheap, widely available and could be used on sensitive skin without irritation.

Today though, many natural emollient waxes and butters like Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil (actually a wax), Mango Butter and others also seal moisture in but do so while nourishing the skin at the same time.

I do not like this product nor can I recommend it because Vaseline 100% Petroleum Jelly is simply comprised of a hydrocarbon and fragrance. Now, petrolatum will seal moisture into the skin but unfortunately does nothing else. It works fine if all you need from a product is a non irritant barrier that will seal in moisture but with so many alternatives available today that will actually nourish and protect skin, your money is better spent elsewhere.

With increased consumer awareness about what goes into skin care products these days means there are so many products available today that were not in the past, products formulated with Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Mango Butter and others are common on the personal care aisle in any gorcery or super market.

Unlike Vaseline, these butters and waxes will perform double duty as a barrier preventing the skin from losing moisture while also imparting vitamins and nutrients that nourish skin.

I would bye this product again and again

from UAE

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Easy to Assemble

very good but sticky

the best for dry skin

from ksa

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Easy to Assemble
    • Sturdy

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

it is the best for dry skin . i but befor i sleep on my foot and had beautful skin in the morrning

Many uses

from Cassatt, SC

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Attractive Design

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

Vaseline has so many uses in my household. I use it for diaper rash, as chap stick, for personal reasons, to use to protect my skin when I dye my hair, and to heal my tattoos.

Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly: Great for dry cracked heels

from lake park Ga.

About Me Grandparent

Pros

• Comforting
          • Healing
          • Original Skin Protectant
          • Protects minor cuts & burns
          • Relieve chapped lips
          • Soothing

• Adults
            • Elderly
            • Teens

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

I use Vaseline Pertoleum Jelly for dry cracked heels, Chapped lips, and Rough dry skin.
            I have used this product on my kids when they were babies on up to preteens, and now that i'm a Grandmother i use it on my grandchildren, I recomment this product if you're looking for a product to heal minor to very bad dry cracked Skin.

Great for lips

from Marion, Illinois

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Comfortable
            • Compact
            • Easy to Assemble
            • Sturdy

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

I honestly live by Vaseline. I have used it on my kiddos (boys). I even use it on myself. Now that my kids are older I will put it on their lips and sometimes around their noses in the winter. With all of the runny noses and wiping it it will get raw. The Vaseline is a bit more comforting to use when that season happens. For me ill use it on my elbows and lips all year around. I have the habit of leaving my lipgloss or chapstick at home, and I always have the mini jar of Vaseline in my purse.

good but not great

from saudi arabia

Pros

Cons

• Hard to Assemble
                • Heavy

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

its too heavy and thick (but if thats what you need) then good

i thought it was good until i used gohnson's unscented jelly
                  its lighter, makes your skin smoother, better for children, and you dont feel so shiny and oily under the sun like vaseline

Pure & Simple

from Midlothian, VA

About Me Grandparent

Pros

• Compact
                  • Easy to use
                  • Soothing

Cons

• NONE

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

I just love this product it is greasy but, it really is something that helps keep the skin from being so dry and flaky. I use it on my grand kids every time they get a bath and I mean all over even on their faces. It helps them keep their skin from looking so harsh. I love that you can buy it with the powder but, I buy just the original. This is a tried and true product and I like that their aren't harsh chemicals in it this is a plus. I would recommend this product to anyone with dry or sensitive skin.

Great item with multiple purposes

from TX

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

I absolutely love Vaseline, this is one item that I constantly see popping up for secret beauty tricks. Works great on cuts to stop bleeding and is the best lip exfoliator ever. I put a little on a soft toothbrush and apply to my lips to remove any old skin. My lips are left feeling soft and rejuvenated. I used this product on all of my children, as the doctor recommended it for diaper rashes and other issues. It is one of the cheapest products available for home remedies and beauty regimes. Surprisingly, this product also works well to avoid foul smells - a small dab under my nose can help block out odors that I deal with at work. I would recommend this product to others for many various needs.

Does not have a strong scent, but actually helps avoid foul smells.

Absorption
                  Absorbs easily into skin and especially lips.

Very effective at aiding in various needs and remedies. I have even heard that it can help with firming skin under the eyes, but I have not seen proof of that yet.

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

Vaseline can be used for a variety of things. Its helpful on all of the areas of the body. I use it all the time. Its affordable and easy to use. It doesn't take much of it.

The fact it can work with anything, makes it more realiable.

Absorption
                  Vaseline is so useful and helps people with dry skin.

• Absorption:

Great for multiple things.

from TN

Comments about Vaseline Original 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly:

I love Vaseline Original Pure Petroleum Jelly and believe that every household should own it. It is great for very many different things. The main thing I use Vaseline for is dry skin. I like to soak my feet and then apply it generously to my heels. It works wonderfully to heal dry, cracked skin, especially during harsh winter months. I also like to use Vaseline on my lips. It has really helped to get my lips smooth and to stay that way. It's helped more than Chapstick for me. In my home we also use it on cuts of course. It does serve it's purpose and works really well. Aside from obvious uses like those, I have also known people who apply Vaseline to their forehead around the hairline while dying their hair. If any of the hair dye gets on their skin it will wipe right off with the Vaseline underneath it. Also a silly, fun kids activity I have done with Vaseline is making their own lipgloss! All you have to do with the Vaseline is add Koolaid to it and mix.

I don't particularly like how Vaseline smells, but it could definitely be worse. I think the smell is okay since it's not meant to be a girls, fruity smell, that I usually like.

Absorption
                  The absorption of Vaseline is great! It works great on cuts and dry skin. The Vaseline leaves my lips and skin very soft after using it. The only downfall is if you don't rub it in very well you may not be able to touch things where you applied it or it may wipe off.

Vaseline works perfectly for all the different reasons I have used it! I have no complaints at all.