Other Self Tanners & Bronzers:
Vaseline

Pros

Cons

• Longevity:

Were you in Jamaica, or is that fake bake? I'll never tell.

I have used tons of different self-tanners over the years in an attempt to find one that works really well. Some of the major lotion manufacturers started adding touches of self-tanners to their lotions. I gave many of them a try before finally settling on Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Body Glow as my favorite, go-to self-tanner.

The product claims to give skin that sun-kissed, just-back-from-vacation glow gradually over the course of a week while also providing moisture. Well this is one product that lives up to its claims. After shaving and bathing I apply Vaseline Healthy Body Glow everywhere I want to be moisturized and tan. After just one application I notice that my skin is slightly darker and feels moisturized. Last month I attended a black tie dinner with my dad and when I tried on my revealing dress the morning before I realized that after sitting inside all winter my skin was the color of boiled chicken. Not so attractive. So I whipped my bottle of Vaseline out and quickly applied a layer of lotion to my arms, back, and chest. Within a few hours I started to see a little color and added another layer just for good measure so I would have just a tad more color. It wasn't a drastic change, just a subtle tan glow that made me feel better about my appearance.

That's what I like best about this product. Unlike other self-tanners which develop color very quickly and tend to make any mistakes made during the application process very noticeable, Vaseline Healthy Body Glow develops gradually so any small problems can be fixed before they become large, embarrassing problems.

Ease of Application
Easy to apply. It's just lotion and is not colored so it's not streaky and it's hard to mess up.

Longevity
Average longevity but the color is more subtle than most self-tanners so it's not so obvious when it does start to fade.

It's okay as a lotion but a bit streaky as a skin tanner.

I am pale so I bought the light version of this moisturizer. I thought this might do me a little good since it is just a touch of self tanner and not a full blown self tanner. The difference for me is that I wanted to have just an inkling of a glow. I'm very pale and any difference in color is noticeable.

The lotion comes out creamy in the palm of your hand. The lotion has a slight twinge of color to it. It isn't a lot but it's noticeable. It kind of looks a little yellowish and orange. The bottle said that you would experience maximum color benefits in about a week. I applied twice daily for about ten days before I really noticed any difference but it wasn't a great overall color change. First of all, I have to say you have to be careful because some areas don't get the full effects. My ears, eyelids, armpits, and the areas like my knees and elbows all had streaks. I guess I wasn't careful enough to rub in thoroughly and make sure I got every spot every time.

Another complain for me was that my hands were a bit orange and in between my toes. Also, I had color deposit on the bottom of my feet. I noticed my cuticles had color buildup around them. Overall this was okay to try but self tanners have frequently let me down. The color wasn't as natural as I was hoping for. I wasn't left as freakishly orange as with other self tanners though so it was bearable until it eventually wore off. And it does wear off much quicker than it takes to build up.

It was okay. I had to be careful to make sure every single spot was taken care of and I was still left a little streaky.

Ease of Application
It's hard to get every spot and I didn't realize until I was starting to look streaky.

The scent is okay.

Longevity
After a couple days of stopping use, the color was almost all gone. This was actually what I had hoped for.

Great product for fair skin

Comments about Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Daily Replenishing Moisturizer and Touch of Self Tanner:

Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Daily Replenishing Moisturizer and Touch of Self Tanner is a great product to use if you have fair skin. I have a very fair complexion and have to be careful as to the type of self-tanner I use. I like a slightly tanned look and feel like this product helps accomplish this without my tan looking fake or overdone. I really like this product for a few reasons. First, it is affordable. It does not cost much more than a regular bottle of Vaseline lotion. Second, it is easy to find in the store all year long. I love this lotion and like that I do not have to search everywhere to find it. Finally, it is light, creamy, and does not streak when it is applied. Overall, I am very impressed with Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Daily Replenishing Moisturizer and Touch of Self Tanner. It moisturizes and gives me a lovely glow! I highly recommend this self-tanner if you have a fair complexion.

• Longevity:

Vaseline Healthy body glow daily moisturizer and self tanner

Profile Image

Okay so this product worked just okay for me. I usually shy away from Vaseline lotions because they tend to be watery and take forever to absorb into my skin, but I had a coupon so I gave this a try. I felt the moisturizer was just okay, didn't really make my skin stay soft for very long. As for the self tanner portion of this product, it took forever to see any glow or tan to my skin and it didn't last very long either. I used this daily for about ten days or so and I barely had any color to my skin. Did not work like I thought it would at all. This would be good if you already have a nice tan and want to prolong it, I would suggest using this to get a nice light tan or any color really.

Did not really work for me, gave me the slightest glow and that's it. Used it for almost two weeks two.

Ease of Application
Applied just like a normal lotion, absorbed fairly quickly into skin.

Smelled like normal Vaseline lotion to me!

Longevity
The self tanner part of this had no longevity at all. The moisture part lasted a few hours at most. My skin was dry again pretty quickly after using this.

• Longevity:

An awesome moisturizer, but does not really tan skin.

from lakeland, florida

This is a wonderful lotion that really moisturizes my skin. However, I was a little disappointed in the tanning quality of the lotion. It did not really tan my skin very much. I did notice a small bit of color after about two weeks of using this product, but mainly it was just a good moisturizer for me. I prefer more a dark color when I use tanning lotion, so I do not think I will purchase this product again if I want darker skin. The cost is good for this lotion and it does moisturize, but that is all it really does.

I give this a six because it did not really darken my skin at all, which disappointed me a little bit. However, it did effectively soften my skin, which is a plus in my book.

Ease of Application
This lotion is easy to apply. It is not too watery or too thick. It absorbs quickly too, so there is no oily residue on the surface of my skin.

I really liked the scent of this lotion. It is not too overpowering.

Great lotion...bad for tanning

from Greenbrae, CA

I have tried lots of different self tanning products from the gradual to the instant and they all differ so much it's hard to tell sometimes if one is better than another on your skin. That being said, Vaseline Healthy Body Daily Glow Replenishing Moisturizer was a bit of a disappointment. I used it as instructed for two and a half weeks (twice as long as they say it takes) and I saw very little change in my skin tone. The fact that it smelled like self tanner was a bit of a let down. I was hoping it would at least be the generic Vaseline lotion smell I was used to but it definitely had a chemical stink to it. I will say on a positive note that the lotion was really velvety and thick. I used it in the morning and at night in place of my regular moisturizing lotion and although not much of a so-called 'glow' was to be seen, my skin stayed moisturized throughout the day. As far as a tanning agent goes though, this is one I would skip if you're looking for anything noticeable.

Works pretty well.

I've tried several tinted lotions like this Vaseline Healthy Body Glow, and I've generally been disappointed. However, the Vaseline worked pretty well, and I continued to use it after trying it.

Using this product was a little like using a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation. It gave just enough of a tint to make a difference, but not so much that it was too heavy or looked fake. It lasted for quite a while as well without needing to be reapplied or covered up. It also dried pretty quickly, and I never had a problem with clothes being stained.

Ease of Application
This lotion is the perfect consistency for tinting. It's not so thick that it is hard to apply but not so thin that it streaks easily.

The scent was okay. I didn't love, but I didn't hate it. Vaseline products usually have a strange smell to me, but not to the point that I won't use them.

Longevity
This product really does last all day. It washes off easily, though, so you have to reapply every day if you want to keep the tint.

• Longevity:

Vaseline is more of a lotion than self tanner

from Wesley Chapel, FL

I bought this product thinking it would be great as a moisturizer and also to give my light skin some color. I was not looking for something that made me look like I just came back from vacation, but something that would give my skin a tint of color. This product was reasonably priced so I thought I would give it a try.
It went on very smooth and absorbed very well into the skin. I used it right after I got out of the shower and also at night before bed. It went on very evenly. I could not see a difference at all on the color. I used this product for about a month, and really did not see any difference. I like the moisturizer and it left my skin feeling great, however the self tanner was not impressive.
I was surprised that this product did not have a nice smell at all. It smelled musty in my opinion.

This product is good for a daily body moisturizer, however not so good in the self tanning category.

• Longevity:

Great lotion that just gives you a little glow

As I come from hardy northern stock, I have blonde hair and very very very pale skin. Not quite as bad as many redheads, but still quite pale. And that means I have two colors, white and burnt to a crisp. As I have gotten older I have noticed that my skin is dryer, so I use a lotion every day. This Body Glow moisturizer is fantastic for taking the white glare from my skin when I moisturize every day. It isn't going to get you a dark dark dark tan, this is just like bronzer for your face. A little glow with healthy quenched skin.

It won't give you a dark, I spent the week in the Caribbean tan, but it does give you a soft sun kissed look without the harmful rays.

Ease of Application
As most lotions go, this one does not leave me feeling greasy, although I know exactly how much to use on my skin.

The scent is nothing out of this world, but it is pleasant.

Longevity
Hard to judge this since it is my daily lotion of choice during the warmer months.

Not all that dark

The Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Daily Replenishing Moisturizer and Touch of Self Tanner is a decent lotion and tanner. I used it for a few months over the winter and appreciated how well it worked. It did not moisturize as much as I would like, but I have dry skin and was living in a desert climate.

The Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Daily Replenishing Moisturizer and Touch of Self Tanner works decently as a moisturizer. It only adds a faint amount of tanner, but since that's all it's supposed to do, it works well. I like that I had only the faint bronze. It tended to build up, though, when used frequently. I had to combine it with other regular moisturizers in order to not get too dark but be able to stay as moisturized as I needed to be in the dry climate that I was living in.

Ease of Application
It is pretty easy to put on the Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Daily Replenishing Moisturizer and Touch of Self Tanner. You have to make sure to not put it too thick or too thin, however - it needs to be distributed evenly across your skin so that you do not get too dark in one area or too light in another area.

Longevity
The Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Daily Replenishing Moisturizer and Touch of Self Tanner does not last for more than a day or two.

pretty good product

from Columbus GA

I have previously and in the past purchased and used this Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Daily Replenishing Moisturizer and Touch of Self Tanner and I really did like it and found that it worked pretty good for me. The first thing I liked about this product was that it was a very nice lotion. I was able to use it as a lotion all over my body and it moisturized my skin very well. It certainly lived up to the Vaseline name. Second I truly did see a slight shade change after using it a few times. I liked that it was not too dark but I wished it was a little bit darker than it was. It was really good for someone who wants a very soft tan color. I did like the fact that to me it looked all natural. I have to say the scent was pretty nice. I did think it had a little of a self tanner smell but it was not over powering and it faded pretty fast after using it. The price is very reasonable for a self tanner. It should be affordable for most. I would certainly recommend that all of my friends and family try this Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Daily Replenishing Moisturizer and Touch of Self Tanner.

An ok, Inexpensive Lotion and tanner

I am not a huge fan of Vaseline lotions. While they are pretty inexpensive, I have just never really had much luck with them keeping my skin soft. They are by no means, bad, I just feel like there are way better lotions out there. Anyways. There was a lady at the grocery store with a little stand and a bunch of coupons she was handing out for the Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Daily Replenishing Moisturizer and Touch of Self Tanner. I figured I might as well give it a try. It is actually not too bad. It is super easy to apply, and goes on smoothly and evenly. It does leave my skin soft, not as much as my normal lotion, but it's ok. It does give you just a slight bit of color. Nothing crazy, and it didn't leave my skin orange, which was a plus. The scent is ok. It smells like lotion, nothing special or really appealing, but the scent fades quickly anyhow, so it's not a big deal. The "glow" you get does seem to last for a decent amount of time. Of course I do apply it every day, so I am sure that helps! All in all, for it being so inexpensive, it is not a bad lotion and self tanner in one!