3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Longevity:

Awesome product:affordable, excellent/ fast results, easy to use

I use L'oreal Sublime Bronzing Self Tanner in the deepest shade. *I really love this product* for many reasons: its affordable, easy to use, instant color because of the tint, doesn't look orange or streaky at all like most other self tanners I have tried, it dries fast, feels good on the skin and feels good for my skin, *doesn't stain* clothing or fabrics, smells like summer, a hint of shimmer looks great to go out for the evening, and it's subtle looking (nobody has ever asked me if I use a self tanner.) I naturally have darker skin (to be fair, I do have a darker complexion, olive type) but in the winter I can get pretty pale looking without using this product and when I do use it people can't tell I am using a self tanner.  People generally tell me more often that I have 'the most beautiful complexion' or 'look radient' after I have used this product. Other wonderful plusses to this self tanning lotion is that it isn't greasy, rubs in easily (it is almost impossible to get streaky or odd looking results, and hasn't happend to me yet), and dries fast.

I have really sensitive skin that it very oily and normally avoid facial lotions because they are just too greasy, but Loreal's Sublime Bronzing Lotion is a lotion I can wear on my face without getting oily looking, in fact I think it helps to gently dry out my skin and gives a matte type look after the shimmer is gently dusted off. I also have problems with facial lotions giving me blackheads, but this product once again, actually makes my skin texture even smoother than it already is and doesn't cause blackheads at all.

Another wonderful fact about this product is that to get good results, you don't have to exfoliate every second or third day to get beautiful results. Just use your normal facial cleanser and apply the product. I exfoliate normally about once a month and that gives me wonderful results without changing my skin care regimen at all, except for applying the product, which is quick and easy.

You don't need gloves to put this lotion on like alot of other self-tanners because it is very easy to wash off so fingers and palms won't turn orange. Nothing but regular handsoap and a little extra rubbing gets 99.95% all the self tanner off. The only place it ever gets orange on my hands is if I get *a lot* of the lotion under my semi-long fingernails ( a rare event) and don't scrape underneath the nail while I am washing my hands off. Even if I don't rub very well, you wouldn't notice I had a little orange under my nail unless you were looking for it.

I cannot say it enough, this product is the best, 5 stars all the way!

Glad I got it on the sale rack.....not so good

It gave a good bronze color and went on fairly easy but it did leave weird dark spots that looked like bruises from far away and up close it looked like self tanner. Kind of hard to apply evenly. Lasted though.

It really was a great color but it application was a bit difficult, it will leave streaks and strange discoloration marks on the skin. It does come off easily in the shower with soap and an exfoliation pad. I would suggest putting this on at night before bed, then when you get up and shower you can even out the "tan".

Ease of Application
I thought it went on easily and I thought I looked great until I was out of the house and looked down at the big discoloration marks, some areas dark, some light, It just goes on too uneven. I did use a cloth to get it on more even on the future applications and that seemed to help, it should come with an application mitt.

Light, and kind of like the smell of summer, that smell at the beach all the people have from the mixtures of sun products. It wasn't offensive and after the application you can leave the house with confidence you don't smell like you just put on a tan.

Longevity
It really did last a long time, it got me though the summer, one bottle and only one Alaska summer which is shorter than the rest of the country but I felt pretty good about it. It will stain the hands for a long time especially around the nails, that kind of longevity might not be wanted.

L’Oreal sublime bronze luminous bronzer self tanning lotion

Comments about L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self-Tanning Lotion:

Last summer my friend had this beautiful tanned skin and when I asked her what product she used or how she got her tan, she told me she used the L’Oreal sublime bronze luminous bronzer self tanning lotion and I just knew there and then that I have to get the lotion. I have used it for a while and it is so mild and gentle on the skin. I do not have a sensitive skin but I believe it could be used for all skin types because it is not harsh at all. It tans the skin very easily and smoothly and it goes on clear on the skin; I like it. It is not expensive and you can afford to buy it and experiment just to see if you would like it or not. It smells very good and the best part is that it is neither greasy nor heavy and you could hardly feel that you have it on. One thing though is that you have to use the product consistently for a while before you can start to notice any results. It is a good product from L’Oreal and you will only know how good it is if you give it a try.

• Longevity:

Another great L'oreal product!

Comments about L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self-Tanning Lotion:

Loreal has never disappointed me before on skin care and this product is not exception! It's very easy to use and gives a nice slight hint of tan... not an over powering orange color like so many other tanning products! This looks very natural and the price is definitely in most peoples budgets. The only thing I would change bout this is the scent.. i think if it smelled like Hawaiian tropic, that would be a plus!

Waste

Comments about L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self-Tanning Lotion:

I hated Loreals Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self tanner. It just did not work for me at all. It did a horrible job of creating a bronzing effect; I looked yellow at best. It also did not act instantly as stated on the bottle. It took forever for anything to happen and when it did it was not to my standards. It might have something to do with my skin tone, but this product did not work for me at all. It was really easy to apply, but without it working I find this to be irrelevant. The scent was great, but I looked horrible when it was all said and done. I also noticed that it lasted forever and I hated that. I tried washing it off and it took a couple scrubbing sessions to get the horrid yellow tint to go away. I just applied some other bronzer on top to make the ugly look go away. This was necessary for at least two days after the initial application. I gave this lotion away because I had this huge bottle and did not want to use it. Hopefully it works for some other people because it did not work for me.

The words Self Tanning should have been a clue

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self-Tanning Lotion:

Not a product that I can recommend. I was heading for a "fun in the sun" vacation and commented to a friend that I was concerned that I did not want to burn and have a vacation ruined but it was to late to do anything about it. She offered me what she called her tan in a bottle which turned out to e L'oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer - a self tanning lotion. I told her thanks and decided to give it a try.

I was disappointed when the only tan I got was a uneven orange color to my skin.

Ease of Application
No problem applying the product to the skin. I would suggest if you use this product to only apply in a area that will not show if you are unhappy with the outcome.

I had no real objections to the scent of this product however I do prefer one without any scent but they all seem to add something to this type of product.

Longevity
Stayed on much longer than I desired. Even after showering several times I found that my skin had a uneven light orange tint that I certainly wasn't in favor of.

Self Tanner

Comments about L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self-Tanning Lotion:

I liked using the luminous bronzer tanning lotion for the winter season when it gets harder to get any sun. I wanted something that obviously didn't turn my skin orange or look fake. I also needed something that wasn't terribly expensive. I didn't really like the idea of going to a tanning bed so I liked that I was able to find a self tanner that looked natural and beautiful.

I think it works pretty effectively for me. I have naturally tanner skin so adding a little bit of color and glow to my skin was pretty easy with this brand of self tanner. I like that it provided a rich glowing color on my skin, especially my legs.

Ease of Application
It was pretty basic and easy to apply. Of course it is important to wash your hands immediately after applying it or else you'll end up with embarrassingly dark hands. Other than that everything about the application process is pretty easy and simple.

As with most self tanners the smell obviously is not the forefront of the product. We all have to deal with a little smell here and there.

Works well

Comments about L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self-Tanning Lotion:

Overall I am very impressed with L'Oreal sublime bronze luminous bronzer self tanning lotion. I have a very fair complexion and if I'm out in the sun pretty long trying to obtain a natural tan I can get pretty badly. I am very grateful for this particular product because it leaves me with a beautiful bronzed and natural tan look. I also love how well this particular product moisturizes my dry an flaky skin. I hesitate about natural tanners because they can make you look orange but this product looks natural. I also love how affordable this particular product is. It was also easy to purchase. I just went to my local drugstore and bought it. I also love how this product smells. The scent is not overpowering or gross like some self tanners can be. It kind of smelled like coconut oil which I really liked. Overall I would purchase this product again and I would re commend this particular product to friends and family.

A highly effective product.

Ease of Application
This product is so easy to apply. Make sure you wear gloves though!

Not bad for a self tanner.

Longevity
This product left me with a gorgeous tan for days!

• Longevity:

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Tan Lotion. A fake baked look.

from Austin, Tx

Comments about L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self-Tanning Lotion:

I would not use L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Self Tanning Lotion after the one occasion I tried it. My sister bought this self tanner weeks ago due to being pale skinned and wanted a subtle, natural looking tan. We tried/used this self tanner at the same time and received exactly identical results. First of all, this lotion sets quickly and when it does, leaves you minimal time to correct any errors in applying. I unfortunately did not use gloves when using this self tanner and a mistake on my part because it will definitely leave the palms of your hands dark once it has dried which takes around 4 to 6 minutes depending on the way you use it. I wanted a natural sun kissed glow with a hint of shade but yet got an orange hued, glittery, fake looking and uneven tan from this lotion. Not at all what I was expecting because I genuinely always love L'Oreal's line of products.

Not an effective tanning lotion by any means in my opinion in regards to wanting a natural bronzed glow.

Ease of Application
This is a very tacky feeling self tanning lotion that dries fairly fast which leaves some blotches behind.

I didn't mind the scent of this product but at the same time wasn't too fond of it as with all self tanners, there is a definite smel tol them all. The aroma reminded me of an herb scent as in tea leaves.

Longevity
The longevity of this self tanning lotion is actually pretty good. Lasting several days even after showering it stayed adhered to my skin without fading much at all.

Fabulous Results!

Comments about L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self-Tanning Lotion:

I love L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self-Tanning Lotion! After four or five applications, I get compliments from friends, family, and co-workers on my "tan." Its very natural looking. My cousin just asked me the other day if I had been out in the sun quite a bit and when I told her it was self-tanner, she got the product name to start using it herself. I've tried many self-tanning lotions, and L'Oreal Sublime Bronze is by far the best out of all of them.

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze is very effective. I feel like the results are seen after four or five applications and the effects are long-lasting. You don't even need to apply it everyday.

Ease of Application
After applying to your body, as long as you wash your hands right away, I've never had any problems with staining.

Longevity
After the base applications (maybe 4 or 5 applications), the self-tanning lotion doesn't need to be applied everyday. I've found even once a week keeps up the effects.

Do not reccomend.

Comments about L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self-Tanning Lotion:

I did not have a good experience with this product. This was the first self-tanning cream that I ever purchased. This product first attracted me due to the packaging and “claims” that it made. L’Oreal advertised that the product is streak-free and quick drying. The cream is unevenly thick and is much more difficult to put on evenly.Parts were watery, parts were thick (even after shaking vigourusly). My tan was incrediably streaky. I won't use it again. The smell of this bronzer even smells fake, not at all fresh. It even left a greasy after feeling on my skin. I was hoping for a good experience just because I trusted the L'oreal brand. I have yet to find a bronzer that produces the results it advertises.

I felt like this product was not effective and in fact only made my skin look worse.

The scent of this product was absolutely horrible.

Longevity
The color only looked somewhat decent for only a few hours. Even then it was streaky.

Would use again

Comments about L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self-Tanning Lotion:

I like this self tanner because I trust that it will give my skin a natural looking tan that is even and not too orange. It was easy for me to apply and was not too runny or thick. I could see where it was being rubbed in on my skin so it was easy to apply. It does not look streaky on me which enhances the natural look on my skin. The new color appears in the following morning after I apply at night. I have been disappointed in it looking too light and not a noticeable darker difference but to me that is better than looking too dark because people will know you used a self tanner instead of appearing natural.

The scent is not very desirable because it is too chemically for me but it didn't linger so I could still apply perfume and it didn't compete.

Longevity
This self tanner lasted a few says before washing off in the shower. It did not leave patches of color but rather it washed off evenly.