Other Self Tanners & Bronzers:

Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa Bronzing Self-Tanning Lotion - Strike Gold

Pros

Cons

Fail-proof self tanner

I am by no means a self-tanning expert. Luckily, this stuff is pretty hard to mess up! This gel gives a great, golden shimmery instant tan, followed by an even better tan payoff after a few hours. The smell is kind of men's cologne-ish - almost like a pine tree mixed with coconut - not bad, but also not particularly great to smell like. The smell is pretty strong but if you just shower after the 3 hour limit, you're good. I will say it doesn't smell nearly as bad as some other self tanners - it smells like cologne, not self-tanner. I am always very impressed by the natural look of the tan that this results in - it doesn't streak (no matter how challenged you may be at applying) and doesn't look orange. I have never exfoliated or moisturized before applying, and it still doesn't streak! The price is pretty great for what you get, especially if you use a coupon.

It's ok.

I bought this with a coupon I got in the mail for Bath and Body Works. I'm not a frequent self tanner and with my fair skin I was pretty nervous. I didn't exfoliate before I used this product and didn't notice any streaks until it started to fade. After the first application it looked great, even, and wasn't orange at all. It was a nice creamy chestnut color. Then it started to fade and so did that pretty color. It started to get an orange tint in the sun, and it started coming off and it looked like I was covered head to toe with orangish brown freckles. My elbows and knees looked like I've been playing in the mud. No matter how hard I scrubbed or what product I use, this stuff was not coming off. Eventually it all came off and I haven't used the product since. The smell is horrible. It smells like a sleazy old man at a golf club. Overall, the first day was perfect and then it just went downhill from there.

Longevity
Trust me, it's not coming off.

I am confused

from Canada

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Doesn't Clog Pores
  • Easy To Apply

Cons

• Feels Greasy or Heavy
  • Ineffective
  • Uneven Tan

• Body

Comments about Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa Bronzing Self-Tanning Lotion - Strike Gold:

This product didn't do anything. It was thick and it took twice as long to dry on my skin. I couldn't touch it for about 45 minutes because it was coming off on my finger. I bought this product for 75% off at Bath and Body works, but I wouldn't have paid full price. For really pale skin, I would totally recommend, but I am darker, so I need something that dries quick. The smell didn't bother me, as much as other products.

Love this, but a little streaky.

from Ann Arbor MI

It depends how you apply it. I put it on every day for about 4 days and then I stopped for a while, as that made a huge difference in my tan. The only complaint I have is that it was a little bit streaky on my calves and shins. Now, it was not that noticeable to other people, but it made a difference to me. I just didn't feel comfortable enough to go out in public with my legs showing, and the streakiness didn't wash out for a couple of weeks after that. I do think it's a good tanning lotion, and the tan is gradual enough that it doesn't look like you've applied tanning lotion but it's also quick enough to make a difference within a couple of days. This makes a great balance, and it is wonderful if you know how to apply tanning lotion right and if you make sure it's completely rubbed in evenly. Make sure you wash it completely off of your hands, or else they will look very orange.

It works and it works quickly, which is the key component of a tanning lotion.

Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa Bronzing Self-Tanning Lotion

Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa Bronzing Self-Tanning Lotion is amazing! Great price, great product, great smell, great tanning lotion. I would recommend this product to anyone looking to anyone looking to get tanned for the summer without hitting a tanning bed or burning up in the sun.

Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa Bronzing Self-Tanning Lotion works great! My skin always burns and never tans so I decided to try out the self tanner, and finally I am able to have the beautiful tan that everyone else gets to have. Not only does it work great but it doesn't wash away when I take a shower or bath, and I don't have stripes when I sweat.

Ease of Application
Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa Bronzing Self-Tanning Lotion is just thick enough to make your skin feel moisturized and it goes on so easily. All you have to do is just rub in it, it doesn't take a huge amount to work and it doesn't leave your skin feeling slimy or greasy. It isn't so thin than it just runs down your body while you are trying to rub it in, so its perfect.

Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa Bronzing Self-Tanning Lotion has a light scent that smells good. It isn't overwhelming or too strong, but it isn't so light that you don't smell anything. It isn't flowery or fruity, it is more of a calming and relaxing smell.

Longevity
It last a while and the more you use it the darker you get. It doesn't wash away when you shower or take a bath. It doesn't come off when you sweat either. So you can exercise, swim, hang out in the sand, shop, whatever it is that you want to do and it will last.

It's ok.

from Marietta, Ohio.

Longevity
Trust me, it's not coming off.

Love Bath & Body Works

I love all Bath & Body Works products and True Blue Spa Bronzing Self Tanning Lotion is no exception! It is convenient to buy all your bath products at one place. This is a lighter lotion so in the summer months it is much easier to wear than some thick lotions that make you sweat. It gives you a great bronze shimmery glow the instant you put it on. It is easy to apply and does not leave blotches or streaks anywhere. It is a great moisturizer as well. It is great to use anywhere on the body. Everyday use is possible with this lotion because it does not irritate the skin or cause unwanted rashes or irritation. It is easy to apply and it absorbs very well. The major plus that makes me purchase this lotion again and again is that it actually has a decent smell! Most of the self tanners that I have used and still continue to use do not smell great, but they work well. This lotion actually works and smells great at the same time!

Pricy but not bad.

I think I'd have actually rated this product higher if Bath and Body Works didn't charge and arm and a leg for it. I received my first bottle as a gift and really liked how the product worked. I had a nice, even tan and my skin felt really moisturized. I went back when I ran out for another and cringed at the price a little, ended up getting a different product from another store just because I was pretty strapped for cash.

Ease of Application
The lotion is nice and creamy so its easy to apply.

As is usual with their products, Bath and Body Works hit the nail on the head with the scent of this product. It's kind of sweet and summery, like a beach vacation in a bottle. I really liked it.

Longevity
I found myself reapplying about every four days, which isn't bad. I actually kind of prefer self tanning products not to last for ages in case something goes wrong like missing a spot or getting a streak. This lasted the perfect amount of time for me.

Secret Tanner

I got this True Blue Spa Self Tanning Lotion Strike Gold from off Ebay for about 12 bucks. I love Bath and Body Works so after a few attempts of using self tans lotions I thought to see if Bath and Body had any self tan lotions.

This gets me tan without over tanning me into a orange, they are delicious and all but not a tasteful color as a result of a tan. And it looks like a healthy legit tan. You wouldn't know that I'm incredibly pale and just do not tan, any effort to so do leaves me burnt. Plus this is a healthier alternative.

Ease of Application
This lotion isn't as thick as some that I have tried in the past, real easy to apply. I put on any other lotions before this on, typically from Bath and Body, to prevent streaking. I don't know if it'll streak without applying lotion beforehand but I had that problems with previous lotions and read that helps.

The scent is much better than your average self tanning lotions, to put it short it doesn't smell obviously of a self tanning lotion product. It's a secret that can't be smelt.

Longevity
I can't say how long this lasts because I haven't paid attention to it, which pretty much means a good long while.

• Longevity:

The best self tanner on the market

from Wesley Chapel, FL

I am not a professional at all when it comes to self tanning, I am pretty new at all, and have tried many products on the market. The sales clerk at Bath and Body Works recommended this product and swore by it, so I gave it a try. This product is a no fail self tanner that works amazing. I was not looking for a lot of color to my skin, just something to make my white legs look a little sun kissed. This product went on perfectly, just like a normal lotion, and looked perfectly even. It did not wash off from sweat ( I live in Florida and the humidity can be brutal), and at the end of the day it washed off easily.
The scent is great and it made my skin feel silky and smooth. I would highly recommend this product if you are looking for a good self tanner that is very reasonably priced.

A perfect 10 in my book. I love this product and the way it makes my skin look.

Ease of Application
Very easy to apply, just like a normal lotion and does not leave your hands looking orange.

Big disappointment

from Peoria, AZ

I have to give this product a low rating. I have used a lot of the Bath and Body Works products and for the most part have been satisfied however their Tru Blue Spa Bronzing Self Tanning Lotion was a big disappointment and I ended up discarding the lotion.

I was taking a trip and wanted to get a jump start on a tan and avoid getting sunburned so when I saw this product I thought it would be a good one to use. I found it extremely lacking. It was sticky, smelly and my skin started turning a orange shade instead of a brown tan.

Ease of Application
The lotion was a little sticky but went on okay. I just didn't like the smell or feel of the lotion on my skin.

I felt it had a overpowering smell and it was not a scent that I liked and it seemed to stay on the skin even after showering.

Longevity
It stayed on okay however I didn't like the feel or the smell so I showered soon after applying and did not use but once. To be fair I only used it once so i am not sure how effective it would be as a tanning lotion.

Not the Tanner for Me

from Nashville, TN

First I will say that it is not on a regular basis that I use a product like this self-tanning lotion and it is the results that I obtained with this product that keeps me away for the msot part. When I opened the bottle I was impressed. Considering that I caught the tanner on sale, and also had a discount coupon, I was excited. I am very pale and want a tan, but that is easier said than done, at least for me anyways.

After i began applying the self tanner I learned that nothing was different from those that I had used in the past. Rather than a nice golden tan my skin had more of a burnt orange look and it was not cute at all. I immediately washed my hands after I applied it, but still my hands looked like a Cheetah for about 2 days and there was nothing that I could do about it.

I followed all of the instructions on the tube but still found this to be the results.
Overall I was not happy. The color did not look natural, the smell wasn't very nice and it stained my hands.

Definitely left color on my skin but it was not a color that I wanted. I did not look tanned I looked colored with a crayon.

Ease of Application
I can give the product that much... it is easy to put on.

Nothing to brag home about here, either. A self tanner with a nice summery, tropical or refreshing smell is always best!