Other Body Lotions:

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Body Lotion

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Lotion - Great Value!

I have been using Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Lotion for many months now. What made me purchase it in the first place, other than the fact that I had a coupon, was that I smelt it in the store and was totally sold. The fragrance on this lotion is clearly it's biggest selling attribute. A sweet aroma of coconut and cream which reminds me of exotic vacations and could compete with the most potent of cocoa butter suncreams. Upon application if feels silky smooth but not overly thick. I prefer the thinner creams because you are able to rub them in so much more effectively than thicker creams. For a few minutes, your hands feel slightly greasy and after a few minutes more they feel soft and supple. The fragrance however, remains for a very long time. I have compared this lotion to the Equate (Walmart) store brand version and they are extremely similar. However the Equate version is somewhat cheaper. Is this brand worth the extra pennies, it's debatable, but it's still very, very good.

It's okay as a lotion but horrible lubricating tattoos

I absolutely love Vaseline because it is so versatile and can be used on humans, skin, or other items as a lubricant and moisturizer. It is truly revolutionary in that it's timeless and still effective and a crowd favorite. Another one of my go to favorites is cocoa butter because it soothes and smooths my skin.

Now that the two are together in one bottle you seriously can't go wrong, right? No. I only give it a 6 because there are tons of other useless additives in this lotion. I use this all over my body but I cant use it on tattoos as I would just Vaseline or just cocoa butter. I also can't use it on piercings as I would those two ingredients separately. Also, I can't use it on my face or on my lips which are two places I use Vaseline and cocoa butter by themselves. This has additives that irritate the skin and cause stinging in those areas.

This product could have truly been revolutionary because these two ingredients do wonders for my skin, tattoos, piercings, and everyday general needs. I also use those two ingredients on my animals but in this form together, I can't use it on my animals or sensitive areas. It just burns/tingles and it has too many added ingredients to list.

It does moisturize the entire body but keep it away from your face. If I needed a lotion for feet and elbows or hand cream this would be a good choice, but unfortunately they took two simple products and added too much to it to make it an affective lip balm or piercing and tattoo moisturizer.

It has an okay scent. It sort of smells like cocoa butter but it has hints of other scents with it.

Absorption
It absorbs pretty good. maybe too good as I feel as if I use more than I want to.

Works nicely on heels and hands and elbow. It stings on cracked lips and dry face skin. Wouldn't recommend for that as I would original Vaseline and original cocoa butter.

Nice lotion for summer.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Body Lotion:

I have really dry skin and this isn't enough for me in the winter time, but I love using this in the summer. It is great for the larger areas on my body, like my back, legs, arms, etc. It is not the best for my knees, elbows, and feet, but it is decent enough for me to be able to go to the grocery store or for a short session at the gym. It smells very pleasant and sweet. My boyfriend loves it! My sister said that it's too sweet for her though. It is actually enough to replace a perfume if I am not going for a sophisticated look. It makes my skin look really radiant and glow, especially my legs. It has a medium consistency that is on the thick side. Once in a while I notice some white streaks still left because it can be difficult to rub in completely. It absorbs pretty well but it may take up to an hour or two before the sticky feeling goes away. This works on my daughter's dry sensitive skin with no irritation.

Sweet

• Absorption:

This product is good for moisture

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Body Lotion:

I bought this product when I was pregnant with my second daughter. I had used a cocoa butter lotion when I was pregnant with my first daughter and I did not get any stretch marks. I was hoping for the same result with my second daughter. I applied this lotion twice a day and my skin still did not feel like it was getting enough moisture to avoid stretch marks in the later months of pregnancy.
I only used this for a few weeks and decided that it would not work well for what I was looking for.
This is a a good lotion for everyday use, and I would buy it in the future, just didn't work for me when I was trying to avoid stretch marks.

The scent is great and stays with your skin throughout the day.

Absorption
This lotion is thick and goes on very smooth. It absorbs well into the skin and doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy at all.

This product works well for everyday moisturizing and makes your skin feel nice and smooth.

• Absorption:

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Lotion - Great Value!

It's okay as a lotion but horrible lubricating tattoos

from West Virginia

Vaseline brands work

Comments about Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Body Lotion:

I love the vaseline brand. This lotion lives up to the vaseline brand reputation. It smells great, just like cocoa butter. The scent will linger on your skin for several hours without fading. That is important to me. It feels so soft and smooth when you apply it. It absorbs very quickly. It can be applied all over your body. I've used it right after I take a shower. If you need extra moisturizing on dry areas, you can re-apply a small amount a few times per day. I like to keep re-applying just because I love the scent. It keeps your hands looking young and feeling soft. Cocoa butter is also known to be good for stretch marks. I use this around my belly when I'm pregnant and it seems to help keep my skin from getting dry in those sensitive areas. It is also gentle enough to be used on children with sensitive skin. It comes in a big bottle and lasts for a very long time. I would recommend this to anyone with dry skin who loves the scent of cocoa butter.

• Absorption:

Help for my stretch marks

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Body Lotion:

Due to my recent weight loss I am left with deep discolored stretch marks on my torso and upper thighs. I have tried other coca butter formulas but found them to be too greasy and ineffective. This one is phenomenal. It has the right texture of a good lotion while the coca butter gets deep into my skin and helped even the discolorations around my stretch marks as well as tightening up the skin around the marks. I noticed a definite improvement in the length and depth.

This is strictly a personal view. I do not like the smell of coca butter. It reminds me of a food smell and I prefer a more floral or light scent. However, the scent was by no means a deterrent for me as the lotion was so successful in improving my skin tone.

Absorption
My big issue with other coca butter lotions was how thick and greasy they were. However, this one has the texture of a regular Vaseline lotion while you can still smell and feel the coca butter. I could literally put this on after my bath and within a minute or so I could get dressed with no grease or residue on my clothes.

My skin tone is much more even and the intensity and texture of my stretch marks in markedly improved.

A winter must have

Comments about Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Body Lotion:

Vaseline Cocoa Butter deep conditioning body lotion is definitely a winter must have. When it gets cold out my skin drys up so fast! I love this particular lotion to keep my skin smooth and moisturized! When I use this lotion the moisture lasts for a very long time! I don't have to re-apply every two hours. In fact I only use it twice a day to keep my skin nice and moisturized. I also love how well this lotion absorbs. It absorbs fast and does not leave my skin feeling sticky or oily but smooth and refreshed. I also love how affordable this product is! You can purchase it conveniently at the grocery or online for a very good price! Also they offer coupons for this particular product often in the Sunday morning paper. I definitely plan on purchasing this item again and I would recommend it to anyone that suffers from dry skin.

This particular body lotion has a nice and light scent that is not overpowering. It's nice to use for any occasion.

Absorption
Absorbs fast and efficient.

• Absorption:

Not that great for a lotion

Comments about Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Body Lotion:

This is a product I'm not all that crazy about. The formula is pretty watery and I didn't notice a difference in my skin after I started using this product. It did smell really good, so I used it as a very light hand cream and I also used it as a shaving cream since the formula was so watery. Overall, it was a pretty poor lotion, but it was pretty versatile.

I love the sent of this product so much, it smells very woody, sweet, and warm.

Absorption
This product has a very light formula, which makes it easy for skin to absorb. One positive aspect of this product is it takes seconds for skin to absorb it.

Sadly, this product didn't do anything for my dry skin. I like to put lotion on my neck and legs in the winter because they tend to dry out the most. I lathered this product on, and it hardly did anything to help hydrate my dry, winter skin. I stopped using it as a hydrating body lotion and instead used it as an extremely light hand cream, because it smelled very nice.

• Absorption:

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lotion soothes and softens well.

Comments about Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Body Lotion:

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Body Lotion soothes and softens well. It is a nice lotion that has a pleasant, subtle scent that is nutty and buttery. The scent isn't over powerful. To me, it actually smells just like it feels -- rich and creamy but not too strong.

Vaseline does sell a lot of products, so if you can't find one that works for you, you're just not trying. They have some very greasy, oil lotions and some that are very light (almost watery). This lotion is on the lighter end of the spectrum. If I were to rub this lotion into my hands, then pick up a piece of tissue, the tissue would NOT stick to my skin. Some of their other lotions definitely would not pass that test.

I like the lighter weight of this lotion. It is nice and soothing. Once I had a mile case of sunburn. Once the sunburn had started to heal, my skin was really itchy! Nothing soothed the itch as well as Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Body Lotion.

I choose other lotions for severe dry skin, but I really like this product for moderately dry skin.

Top quality lotion

Comments about Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Body Lotion:

I have sensitive skin and the Vaseline care products do wonders for me. I like that this product has added natural ingredients to their lotion to better help heal my skin and also give me a calming affect with aromatherapy. All of the Vaseline products are a great price for a product of excellent quality.

I am very sensitive to many highly perfumed products but the scent of this lotion does not bother me. I like the natural cocoa butter scent that seems to have a calming affect on me.

Absorption
This lotion works great and absorbs very quickly so there is no greasy residue left behind like some other lotions leave. I like that after one use my skin is soft and continues to control my dry skin all day.

I like that I can depend on this product to help control my dry skin all day and it also gives me immediate results after applying it. I get a high quality lotion at a good price.