Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain Daytime Caplets

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Get rest like you have never had before!

Tylenol Cold liquid pm is the best product I have found in years of dealing with Sinus issues.  This comes in liquid form and I usually take right before hitting the sack.  It tastes decent for a liquid med and the directions are easy to follow.  It comes with a plastic cup to measure the dose without errors.  Every night I have taken this medication I have slept like a baby, best sleep I have had in years! It works fast and does not make you drowsy.  I have never woke up at night coughing after taking this medication, the only down fall I have is in the morning it takes me a while to "wake up".  But I do feel well rested and usually it works so well that I do not have to take any medications during the day to relieve sinus pain/pressure or nasal drainage. The price is decent and if you look hard enough you can find coupons to apply towards the cost.  I would definetly recommend this medication to any one out there that suffers from cold and allergy symptoms.

Tylenol Rapid Release: Little Relief and Lasts Only Four Hours

Sinus trouble got you feeling down? I know exactly how you feel, and I also know some over the counter products that can help eliminate some of your problem. One that won’t do the trick is **Tylenol Sinus Congestion and Pain Non- Drowsy Rapid Release Gels**, a medicine that is supposed to relieve many sinus ills.

**Sinus Medicine Commentary:**

Tylenol Sinus Congestion and Pain Non- Drowsy Rapid Release Gels are easy to take thanks to the gelcaps that, while a little larger than average, slide down easily and effortlessly. The manufacturer recommends taking one or two of these caplets every four hours and it claims that this product can provide temporary relief from headache, sinus congestion, sinus pressure, nasal congestion, and minor body aches and pains.

Sinus problems have haunted me since childhood and the best I can do is keep them under control by taking the occasional over the counter medicine when the problem escalates to the point of annoyance. I have found a few medicines that work well, but Tylenol Sinus Congestion and Pain Non- Drowsy Rapid Release Gels are not one of them. This product is so- so at relieving pain, but the main reason I take a medicine like this is to get relief from sinus congestion and pressure. This Tylenol product does almost nothing. I expect at least a little loosening of the congestion, but there is practically no noticeable difference at all.

A large part of the reason Tylenol Sinus Congestion and Pain Non- Drowsy Rapid Release Gels are ineffective at their intended purpose is that they are made using phenylephrine. This is a newer decongestant substance and I have found that it doesn’t work very well. However, I have used other over the counter products with this substance and they performed better than Tylenol Sinus Congestion and Pain Non- Drowsy Rapid Release Gels. So, it must have something to do with the other ingredients in this product that makes it so ineffective.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Sinus problems are irritating, and Tylenol Sinus Congestion and Pain Non- Drowsy Rapid Release Gels do little to eliminate the problem. They are okay at relieving pain, so I can’t rate them a complete bomb. But their inability to reduce sinus congestion is inexcusable and when you add to that the fact that a dose is good for only four hours, you have a product certainly deserving of a below average rating and non- recommendation.

Very little difference from using this product.

Gels are easy to swallow

Immediacy
Take a little time to start, but offer very little relief.

Good For Short Allergy Attacks

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain Daytime Caplets:

For occasional allergies and head colds Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain is a great option.

I've found that this is very effective when taken at the very first signs of an allergy attack or head cold. It relieves the symptoms of pressure in the sinuses and helps all the congestion to just disappear without leaving me dry as a desert.

The pills work reasonably quickly, but do not seem to last particularly long. I've noticed that if I take them with breakfast I'm definitely feeling the need for another dose by lunch and yet another dose by dinner. It's a pain to have to take that much medication in a single day, but it is definitely better than suffering.

For occasional use this is a great option, but it is definitely not for those with long term allergies. I do not use it for my seasonal allergies (if only because i'd be going through a box every other day at the recommended dosage) because it can be a bit too drying after the second or third day of use. But for fast relief for short term issues this is a great option.

• Immediacy:

Great cold fighter during the day.

Comments about Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain Daytime Caplets:

If you have to go to work or have things to do with the children and you are having sinus issues, Tylenol sinus is the right move. This medication relieves the pain from sinus pressure and also helps with the headache you might get from all the pressure going on. What makes this medication really special is that it does not make you feel sleepy and you are able to go along with your day with no problem. You might need to take a second dose by the evening because it does not last all day long in my opinion. But the the medication does work and takes care of the congestion and pain that comes with seasonal allergies.

The medication work for me with my allergies due to the change of the weather. I must stress that this is a daytime formula which makes it perfect to use even if you have a long day ahead of you. Tylenol Sinus is definitely a medication I would recommend. But like any medications follow the instructions on the box provided for you or what your family doctor tells you.

Tall glass of water and swallow the pill. Very easy, no problems.

Immediacy
Give it a hour or two before you start feeling much better. Like most medications, it needs to absorb into your system before it can start it's magic.

• Immediacy:

Works okay, but not the best on the market for sinus congestion

Comments about Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain Daytime Caplets:

I have suffered with sinus troubles ever since I was a small child. I am usually very consistent with the sinus medication that I use, but I tried Tylenol Sinus Congestion and Pain one time just to see if I liked it or not. This product is very price friendly. I felt immediate sinus headache relief from the Tylenol, but it did not relieve my sinus congestion very much. It did make my sinus congestion loosen up, but it made me sneeze, cough and blow my nose more often with not much relief. Bottom line: I would recommend this product in case of emergencies. Also, it might be appropriate for someone who suffers the occasional sinus headache, but it is not effective for someone who suffers from year round symptoms of sinus troubles.

This product works okay, but it is not the best on the market when it comes to relieving sinus congestion.

I had a very hard time remembering to take this medication as often as I needed to. The tablets aren't that hard to swallow.

Immediacy
My sinus headache went away very quickly, but my sinus congestion was not helped that much.

• Immediacy:

Gets the job done every time

from TN

Comments about Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain Daytime Caplets:

Tylenol sinus congestion and pain daytime caplets are awesome. I start using this product as soon as I see the first sign of congestion. Other brands I use to take for sinus congestion can't compete with this brand.

This gel caplet is very effective, and long-lasting. Within a couple of minutes after taking this gel caplet, I am able to breathe again. It works by opening up my sinus passages and providing me relief. This product also helps take away the pain and pressure that comes along with sinus congestion.

The small and unique gel caplet form of this pill makes it extremely easy to swallow, it slides down so easily. I use to have such a hard time taking other brands of sinus medicine in the past, they always tasted so nasty and bitter that it took me about three tries before I could even swallow the pill.

Immediacy
This product provides pretty instant relief, I usually start seeing results within about five to ten minutes of taking this product.

Effective medication

Comments about Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain Daytime Caplets:

Overall this medication really helps to relieve and ease sinus pressure.

After having a bad cold for almos 2 weeks, I bought this product (partly because it was more reasonably priced than Advid Cold and Sinus) and within two days I feel better than I have in 2 weeks. It causes a lot of sinus drainage just like the package says, so if you don't want to have to blow your nose a lot, this is not the medication for you. The sinus headaches I have been having evry day for two weeks are now gone within thirty-six hours of starting this medication.

The pills are not hard to swallow. The packaging is not hard to manage.

Immediacy
I started to feel better by the next morning after beginning to take this medication. I cold feel my sinuses draining and my sinus pressure lessening already during the day after my's I was feeling the effects of this product and the other cold medicines I took within an hour of taking them.

Good Product

Comments about Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain Daytime Caplets:

Let me start by saying that I suffer from severe sinus congestion and pain and I have tried just about every product on the market. I have tried both name brands and generic versions, looking to find something that not only alleviates the pain and pressure but does so quickly. a lot of products out there either do not work at all or take far too long to kick it. And when you have a sever headache, the last thing you want to do is wait for extended periods of time for the pain to go away. Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain not only works very well to alleviate congestion and pressure pain, but it also works relatively quickly. I would have to say that my symptoms start to get better within 20 minutes or so from the time I take the pills. Unlike other products that tend to take 45 minutes to an hour, this is a huge time saver. The pills are not freakishly big and are actually very easy to swallow. I also like the fact that you do not have to wait long periods of time before you can take another dose if you need to. Would definitely recommend!

• Immediacy:

You should always have in stock

from TX

Comments about Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain Daytime Caplets:

I always have this product on hand at work, in my office and at home. It never fails, with three kids in public school and having a job dealing with the public, I usually get sick every other month or so. The majority of my pain comes from sinus congestion in my nose and head, even through my ears. I have been in so much pain before, I went to the local pharmacy and stocked up on all sorts of OTC medications. I really like Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain. It does a great job of relieving the sinus pain until I can get to the doctor for a prescription. I can always tell when my dosage is wearing off and realize how well the medicine is working to relieve the pain. And it works fast too, one of the fastest on the market that I have found.

Does great relieving the pain and swelling you can have with sinus congestion. I would not recommend taking everyday, only when relief is needed before you receive doctor's care.

Very easy to take and works fast. No yucky medicine to drink, just pills.

Immediacy
Works quick to immediate relief.

• Immediacy:

Tylenol sinus congestion and pain doesn't really work.

Comments about Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain Daytime Caplets:

Tylenol Sinus Congestion and Pain day time Rapid Release Gels is a medicine that is supposed to relieve many sinus symptoms. This product really did not work that well for me. It is a bit on the pricey side and there are many other products that work better then this one.

Not Effective For My Sinus Pain

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain Daytime Caplets:

I have suffered with sinus pain and sinus infections for many years, and the problem is always worse during the cold winter months. In the winter time a lot of moisture freezes, leaving the air dry. This dry air can make sinus problems much worse.

One thing I can do is run a humidifier more often, and of course there are many over the counter sinus remedies that one can try. I've tried just about all of them, and although I love Tylenol for treating headaches, their Sinus Congestion and Pain don't work nearly as well for me.

Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain combines a pain reliever with a nasal congestant. sinus medicine is both a pain reliever and a nasal decongestant. The caplets aren't too large and even though I don't like swallowing pills, these go down fairly easily.

Tylenol claims these will work to relieve headaches and sinus pressure, reduce nasal congestion, help the sinus cavities to drain, reduce the swelling of the nasal passages, and help relieve minor aches.

The two active ingredients are acetaminophen and phenylephrine. Adults and children 12 and older can take two caplets every 4 hours, but there are limits on how many can be taken per day.

These didn't give me very much relief from sinus pain, and it takes way too long for them to start working. Because they didn't make my sinus drain, I was left with the pressure and therefore the pain.

The good part of taking these is that they don't make me tired, so I can take them during the day without worrying about getting drowsy, but they simply don't work in the manner I expected them too. Some over the counter products contain more of the active ingredient and work better for me, so now I read labels well before spending my hard earned money.

Didn't promote sinus drainage so they didn't relieve much sinus pain and pressure

Easy to swallow

Took them more than 4 hours to get minimal relief

effective and fast

Comments about Tylenol Sinus Congestion & Pain Daytime Caplets:

this unclogged my head and relieved my sinus pain and pressure within an hour after taking it and i was back to normal in a day and it had no bad side effects. i was very pleased with the way Tylenol Sinus performed and will use it again