Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:
Sudafed

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Sudafed is the best non-drowsy Allergy medicine

I have two medicines I take for my allergy problems. One is my night time medicine where if my symptoms start acting up at night, and the other is my daytime if I have to go to work or have things to do. Zyrtec is my night time because it makes me really tired and I can go to sleep if I take it. During the day I always take Sudafed, because it is the only one I have tried that doesn't make me tired that actually works well for me. Some of the others are overpriced and don't seem to get rid of any of my allergy symptoms. Sudafed works quickly, it isn't expensive, it doesn't make me tired, and it helps my runny nose and sneezing very soon after taking it. This is as of now my daytime and will remain my daytime medicine for a long long time.

Sudafed works for symptoms but keeps you up all night!

Johnson & Johnson Sudafed Non Drowsy Maximum Strength Nasal Decongestent Tablets do relieve the symptoms associated with feeling run-down and tired, the tale-tale precursor to really getting sick. However, the Sudafed does not really help with actually preventing the sickness. So you do feel better for a little while. while the symptoms are masked by the medicine, but then you still feel sick later. And, if your body is anything like mine, you will NOT want to take this medicine if you plan on sleeping in the next few days! Okay, that is a bit of an exaggeration, but anytime I take this medicine then try to get sleep that night, my heart and thoughts race as Iay in bed and try to doze off. My guess is that it is really difficult to get the stimulant that is in this medicine out of your system, but of course I am no doctor and that is just a guess! So in summary the medicine will help alleviate the symptoms but do not plan on sleeping!

Great Congestion Relief

Comments about Sudafed Congestion Tablets:

I have absolutely horrible allergies in the summer and I take Sudafed with cetirizine hydrochloride to knock them out. Sudafed works better than any other congestion relief I've tried, and I think I've tried them all. It takes effect pretty quick, about ten minutes after taking it. The only thing I've noticed though is that it doesn't seem to last as long for me as the directions say it should. It's usually about two to three hours shorter than either the twelve hour or twenty four hour type claim. It's not a big deal but I don't feel like I should take more before the time given on the directions for use, so I usually get congested again before I feel comfortable taking more medicine. I do have to buy it frequently which can be a inconvenient since you have to buy it from the pharmacist directly. I've waited a lot of time in lines to get my Sudafed. Overall, I am so glad that I can breathe all summer because of Sudafed!

• Immediacy:

Great for clearing the head, but don't take it everyday.

from Davis, CA

Comments about Sudafed Congestion Tablets:

I have hay fever and suffer greatly year round. Thus, I take medication year round. Less often, I will get sinus headaches and congestion due to my hay fever or a cold. When I do, my daily meds won't cut it. I reach -- and have for over 30 years -- for Sudafed. I clears the congestion in my head quickly.

There are caveats though. In the past, I took Sudafed daily because of my allergies. I felt that it kept my head clearer that way. I began to experience extreme dizziness. My doctors advised me that any decongestant could cause this side effect if taken daily. So, I only take it now when I really need it, which is about three times a year--about five tablets total. My current side effects are limited to a fast heartbeat and jitters for about an hour. It's the same as if I had a couple cups of coffee.

One pill clears my head in about twenty minutes.

I just take one pill with a glass of water. It can be taken on an empty stomach.

It works very fast.

• Immediacy:

Brand name Sudafed doesn't give me a stomach ache

from Amherst, MA

Comments about Sudafed Congestion Tablets:

I used to buy generic pseudoephedrine and then one day when the drugstore was out of stock I purchased the Sudafed brand name box. (Which is four times the price) However, low and behold I was shocked to discover that while the generic brand makes my stomach hurt quite a lot the Sudafed brand Pseudoephedrine doesn’t make my stomach hurt at all. Even when I take a lot of Sudafed. According to the Sudafed box the main ingredient is exactly the same as the generic brand but Sudafed brand must coat it differently or something because it makes a huge difference to my stomach. I actually make it a point to tell the pharmacist (who often is surprised that I want to spend four times the money) about my stomach problems and that the brand name Sudafed keeps it from happening. Since I figure that the pharmacist must talk to a lot of people who have the same problem and I think that it is worth sharing that the brand name Sudafed is worth the extra money.

Incredibly Effective

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Sudafed Congestion Tablets:

Sudafed is super effective when I find myself with a horribly stuffy nose and congested head from a cold.

This works with the very first dose and usually I only ever need one dose. Sometimes I may take a second dose the next day but it's very rare that I need it.

This is absolutely perfect when you're so stuffed up and foggy headed that you can't even function. I've found that within just about half an hour I can already feel my congestion clearing up. This is also quite long lasting. At a minimum it keeps my symptoms at bay for at least eight hours, usually longer.

I also really, really like the small size of the pills. They're so tiny (about the size of a mini M&M) that they're super easy to swallow. They also go down very nicely since they are coated.

These are super easy to take, incredibly fast acting and effective, and do not cause any tummy upsets. I highly, highly recommend them to anyone with severe head congestion!

Trustworthy Product

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Sudafed Congestion Tablets:

I can remember my mother using Sudafed for every ailment you had back in the day. So it is of no surprise to me that I too, would be using Sudafed for certain ailments I or my children have. I love this product for a variety of different reasons. I suffer from terrible congestion specifically in the winter months, after spending long periods of time in-doors. This product is great for that, as it tends to work faster and much better than some of the more popular brands on the market. I highly recommend this product.

It works very well for my moderate to severe congestion. It works especially well for chest congestion, which I suffer from most often.

Very easy to use. I tend to use only one tablet as it does the trick.

Immediacy
I would not say this product works immediately, though the effects of the medication is gradual, there is a 30 minute window of time before you start to feel relief from your symptoms. This is not a significant period of time to wait for relief.

• Immediacy:

Was the only medication I could take when pregnant

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Sudafed Congestion Tablets:

I was pregnant with my second daughter and had terrible pregnancy sinus issues. My nose was always stuffed up and I could not breath. Sleeping was a total nightmare and being pregnant I could not take any medications for relief.
My doctor told me about Sudafed and said it was completely safe to use while being pregnant. I bought some and it was a life saver. It helps clear out my sinus pressure and most of all it helped me to get some sleep.
This product is inexpensive and works great. I would highly recommend this medication if you are suffering from seasonal allergies.

This is a great product that my doctor said was safe to use during pregnancy. I only took one tablet in the early evening hours to help clear my sinuses and also to help me sleep.

Very easy to take as it is a very small red pill and easy to swallow.

Immediacy
It helped to clear my sinuses pretty quickly and effectively.

• Immediacy:

Good stuff too bad it is so much trouble to obtain!

from Birmingham, Al

Comments about Sudafed Congestion Tablets:

I have quite a list of allergic reactions and a really big one on the list is the many many scents of spring! I have your usual symptoms of funny eyes, stuff nose and chest congestion. I have found a medicine that really works better than a so called "allergy medicine" And it is the Sudafed Congestion Tablet. It is great for all of my symptoms and it last up to 6 hours depending on the level of reaction.

These tablets have worked for me when nothing else would. And I tried them really by accident but have thanked my lucky stars for the discovery. They are the most effective congestion medication that I have tried . And it works better than some prescription allergy medications.

I mean what could be easier than popping a pill and wait for about 15 or 20 minutes and you are noticing a relief in your symptoms.

Immediacy
It takes on average about twenty (20) minutes for full effect to be reached, but once it starts you will be pleased with the results.

• Immediacy:

It works but price too high

Comments about Sudafed Congestion Tablets:

Sudafed works well with my sinus pressure. I get sinus pressure and pain around my eye and nose bridge and forehead area quite often. I think it is the extra strength ones that I usually take. And I take it with ibuprofen or advil. With this one you can choose to take as much or as little of pain medication with it and the type of pain medication rather then buy the congestion+pain ones. It will start working in about 30 mins after taking it and it last about 6 to 8 hours for me depending how bad my allergies are. This also works when I am congested relating to a cold. Although this works great but the price is too high. I normally would buy a store brand if they have it and they work the same but at a much lower price. Many people tell me that sudafed will keep you awake...for me it just takes the pressure and pain away that will allow me to get some sleep...I don't feel any side affects from it.

• Immediacy:

Sudafed relief when you need it.

from Lexington, Kentucky

Comments about Sudafed Congestion Tablets:

I have terrible seasonal allergies and Sudafed works better for me than any other allergy relief I have tried, including prescription strengths. I have used Sudafed for years and have always had good results from them. When my nose starts running from allergies and nothing seems to help I can take 2 Sudafeds and within minutes my nose clears up and I can breathe better. Im not sure whats in Sudafed that the other competitors doesn't have but whatever it is it works wonders for me. The regular Sudafed is the best for my symptoms, I have tried some of the other types of Sudafed but the original ones work best for me. They cost a little more and you have to ask the pharmacist for them but they are worth it.

Sudafed is very effective for my allergy symptoms, it is so effective it starts working within minutes and lasts for hours.

Very easy to use, just pop 1 or 2 of the small pills out of the blister packs and swallow them.

Immediacy
Begins working within minutes, after a single dose I get relief in about 20 minutes.

Comments about Sudafed Congestion Tablets:

Sudafed Congestion Tablets was recommended to me by my pharmacist and I am so glad that he suggested I give it a try. I suffer from allergies all year long and with spring getting ready to arrive I know they will at their worst. This allergy medicine has made my days a lot better, before Sudafed I would wake up sniffling and feeling so bad that my days were wasted. It is one of the only allergy medications that I have found that does not make feel so foggy headed from taking it. I now awake feeling so much better and ready to take the day on. I highly recommend anyone with allergy problems to give Sudafed Congestion Tablets a try.

Sudafed Congestion Tablets works very effective at relieving allergy, cold and hay fever symptoms.

Sudafed comes in a very small pill form that is very easy to swallow, no bad taste.

Immediacy
Sudafed seems to work very quickly and help relieve your symptoms.