Other Grills:

Traeger Industries Wood All-in-One Grill / Smoker BBQ075

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Easy to use, does a great job

Comments about Traeger Industries Wood All-in-One Grill / Smoker BBQ075:

I have had a Traeger for almost ten years, so mine is an older model. It is as easy to use as an indoor stove; all you need to do is fill the fuel box, flip the on switch, and select the level of heat you want. You are ready to go. You can BBQ steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs, and vegetables, imparting a nice smoky flavor to the food. Ribs can be slow cooked to the point that they have not only a smoky flavor, but literally have the meat fall off the bones. With the adjustable level of heat, you can sear food or slow smoke it. Since you are cooking over indirect heat, unless you totally ignore your cooking food it will not burn.

It cooks a wide variety of foods with ease. The foods are delicious with a smoky flavor.

Versatility
Everything from fish to vegetables is easy to cook.

The grills fit into the dishwasher for washing. The plate under the grills can be covered with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.

I've had mine for almost 10 years and it is still going strong.

Love my Traeger

from Bessemer, AL

Comments about Traeger Industries Wood All-in-One Grill / Smoker BBQ075:

I told my husband this is the only brand of grill he is ever allowed to buy again. Only Grill I can guarantee that my meats will cook the way I want without being burnt.

Never any flare ups because of the steel plate indirect heating.

Versatility
You can grill as usual, smoke, bake. We have smoked ribs for several hours so low as to just get the smoke flavor, then up the temp for a few hours, then turn it up some more for another hour and the meat just falls off the ribs it is so tender.

Fill the hopper with your flavor of wood pellets, turn the dial to smoke for 5 minutes, turn it up to the temp you want for another 5 minutes or so, add your meat and cook to your desired doneness.

Special brush while grill is warm, replace foil on steel plate every few months.

Cover grill during rain/snow and when not in use. It has been kept outside year round for several years and is still going strong.

Love it

Comments about Traeger Industries Wood All-in-One Grill / Smoker BBQ075:

I love our Traeger. It produces delicious meals everytime. Completely worth changing from a traditional grill.
It does take a little getting used to. For instance when the meat is cooked at times it does take a little bit of a pink hue to it. It is done! It's just from the smoker part of the grill. I love cooking pizzas on this. It makes a take and bake pizza delicious.

does take some getting used to.

Awesome results!

Comments about Traeger Industries Wood All-in-One Grill / Smoker BBQ075:

I love my Traeger! I've had it for a couple of years and have made many and a variety of things on it and the flavors are incredible. Once you have ribs, brisket, chicken and pulled pork smoked/cooked on a Traeger, you won't want them any other way. Plenty of pellet space for overnight smoking. I tweaked my lid for a better seal, high temp. glue and woodstove gasket around the outer edge. The only issue I've had with it is the hot rod going out (trips your gfi). Other than that, I Love it!

Performs wonderfully.

smoke, grill, or bake

Warm it up, set your temps and away you go.

My Traeger and I went off the edge of the deck together (3 feet down). It landed on it's back and had less injury than I did! Bent the lid a bit, but that was easily fixed- I took the lid into the garage and stood/walked on it until it was back to it's original shape. It's definitely durable.

I like the idea of the drippings bucket, but it's not very durable. The handle bends and it's easily removed from the Traeger by the dog.

• Versatility:

Best smoker around makes any one a great cook

Comments about Traeger Industries Wood All-in-One Grill / Smoker BBQ075:

makes even the worst cook a chief , you don't even have to season your meat, the flavored chips and the smoke add the flavor you need,

this is the best way to smoke your food.

the simple way to cook , just put your meat on the grill and let the smoke do all the work for you, comes out tender and moist.

clean up is a snap, just put foil on the shelf below the rack and when your done cooking all you have to do is throw away the foil and put clean one on for next use, and the handy drip bucket catches the fat,

works great in any weather and puts up with all kinds of weather too. I have no cover for mine and it has been there sun, rain, snow and ice , there is no rust and keeps on smoking.

way cool design looks bad ass , they even have the small ones for take along, makes great tail gate party's, you will be the party saver when you show up with your traeger, large ones are designed for easy to move and share with family and friends ,

• Versatility:

This is my favorite grill of all time.

Comments about Traeger Industries Wood All-in-One Grill / Smoker BBQ075:

My husband and I love this grill! It gives such great flavor and there are so many different flavored pellets to choose from! We use this grill almost everyday in the summer and even on warmer winter days! It's such a healthy way to cook, also. All-in-all, this is a fantastic product to own!

• Versatility:

A nice step after spending years splitting hardwood for smoking

Comments about Traeger Industries Wood All-in-One Grill / Smoker BBQ075:

I purchased this grill while at the mall getting my watch repaired. The salesman gave me enough time for harassing me. He attempting to sell me the Lil' Tex model that is about half the size and cost, but I have been smoking meat for several years and like to prepare several turkeys for Thanksgiving time. This unit is large enough to smoke 3 20" lb. turkeys and I will be testing it out in a few weeks. I have smoked several briskets and this thing is easier to use than a gas grill. You fill the hopper with wood pellets of your choice, set it to smoke and open it until you start seeing smoke, then you close the lid and set your desired temp and wait. Then it is ready to use.

My only issue is that it does not maintain its temperature very well when you open the lid. So, we you place food on the grill, it will quickly lose heat (about 100 degrees). This is particularly an issue when you are grilling at higher temperatures; my remedy is to use a cast iron skillet with grill marks on it... the skillet will keep temps quite well.

Versatility
This is perfect for smoking and any low and slow cooking. For grilling it is a bit difficult, but you can workaround the issues.

I wash the porcelain coated grill grate in the dishwasher monthly. I use aluminum foil in the drip catch tray and toss it monthly, as well. Nothing else to do.

It came with a teflon cover which is nice if you have ice or twigs that land on it... it won't cut the cover. It is quite sturdy in other regards as well.

Perfect

Comments about Traeger Industries Wood All-in-One Grill / Smoker BBQ075:

We love to entertain and BBQ. But having to constantly deal with fire and risk of burning/over cooking your food was a hassle. The Traeger Grill puts an end to all that. There is no direct flame on you meat. The wood pellets are automatically fed into the BBQ to maintain a constant temperature. We have the Little Tex Elite and the Travel Traeger. We love this smoker so much, we had to have two. Cooking with the Traeger does take a little getting used to. Traeger is all about cooking your meet to the proper internal temperature. One difficulty that I have had is finding a digital thermometer that can handle the constant heat and use. Before we had our Traeger, I would never cook on the bbq and had to wait for my husband to arrive home from work to start the bbq and cook. I did not like the constant adjusting of the temp and dealing with an open flame. I am a mom and I need to be able to multi-task. That is where the Traeger comes in. I can start it up, set my desired cooking temp, place my meat on the grill, close the lid and not worry about it. The Traeger reminds me of the Ronco Set it and Forget it rotisserie cooker. Traeger has fabulous customer service. My husband contact them due to our travel grill was making noise the day we received it. Customer service walked him right through step by step and to what to check and look for. Problem found and fixed in under less than 15 minutes. Traeger offers a ton of recipes on it's website. I have tried a few and love everyone we have tried so for. Hands down the best recipe it the Midnight Brisket. Our briskets are generally on the larger side so we have cooked the brisket for 24 hours. Yes, 24 hours and let me just say this, it melts in your mouth.

• Versatility:

You'll never use charcoal again

from Thiensville, WI

Comments about Traeger Industries Wood All-in-One Grill / Smoker BBQ075:

The traeger smoker grill in one word is Amazing. It's easy to use, It's fun to watch, and best of all the food is juicy. Everything we smoke turns out beautifully. we smoked hamburgers, brats, steaks, salmon, it gets quite adicying. Today we're doing ribs.

It uses wood pellots that come in a variety of flavors like apple, hickory and maple. You pour them in and an auger takes care of the rest. You will need an outlet to plug it in. Just turn it on and your good to go,

We haven't used our stove in days. Highly reccomended for people who love to grill, who love tol watch the smoking process and for those who love to eat!

New twist on grilling and smoking. Traeger pellet grill is fun.

from southern, NC

Comments about Traeger Industries Wood All-in-One Grill / Smoker BBQ075:

You may have heard of heating your house with wood pellets, but perhaps pellet grills have not hit your radar. The concept is similar, but you do not use home heat pellets for grilling. Food pellets have tighter standards than home heat fuel pellets, but the idea is real similar.

Traeger is the pioneer in wood pellet grilling. It's a green idea with clean wood waste like sawdust from virgin wood pressed into pellets that look kind of like rabbit food pellets. One bag I bought broke open a bit, and the delivery guy asked if I had a rabbit. Nope. Those were my grilling fuel - the wood pellets by Traeger.

Cooking with pellets is a little different from traditional charcoal or gas grilling. It is more like convection or stove cooking. You grill and smoke with the lid down. This is more energy efficient and also contains the smoke for that wood smoked flavor. It's not just like wood logs in flavor and not like charcoal. It's kind of unique, but it does have a clean smoke taste.

The Traeger wood pellets go in a box to the side which looks like a smoke box but is really an auger which feeds the pellets up under the food to be smoked/grilled. They feed out slow and easy for an easy-to-regulate temp on the food.

The main body is about the size of most gas grills. Under the grate is a baffle that holds heat and helps circulate the heat and smoke. This is kind of an infrared set up but not at super high temps. The temps are more along the lines of a home oven.

Once you get the hang of the Traeger, you can kick back and cook outdoors and not worry. Just set the timer or get a thermometer that checks the food temp and beeps. When the time is up, your meal is ready. So - no more standing over a grill from start to finish.

As far as the flavor, foods come out moist and juicy in the Traeger. It's not the high heat grilling with marks (which really just are marks on the meat). But, you can smoke up foods that are often flash grilled like steak and burgers. Myself? I prefer the long cook smoked foods on the Traeger like the ribs and butts. But, it's all good.

The main tip I would give is to be sure to cover the baffle with tin foil. That makes for a really easy clean up. There is a drip bucket too. But, that is easy to clean up.

So, all in all, this is a neat and green grill/smoker that is convection in design. You can grill, smoke, make pizza, bake a casserole, or a cake or pie. It is a whole new way of looking at outdoor cooking, and although I do a lot of traditional grilling/smoking, I have a blast with the Traeger too. It is fun, and it does turn heads. Folks love to stop and look at my Traeger when I crank it up.