Other Lawn Mowers:
20331T
Toro Recycler 22 inch 190cc 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower

Toro Recycler 22 inch 190cc 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower

• Engine Power:

Easy Fix to Starting Problem - Toro 20332 (Great Mower)

I bought my Toro 20332 Personal Pace lawn mower last Spring and it did everything perfectly for the first 4 uses. Then it became harder and harder to start often taking 10 -15 pulls of the rope. Saw many of the suggestions on websites to no avail. However, yesterday I discovered the problem and wanted to share the fix with those having a similar experience. Upon close examination of the carburator, I discovered the choke is not being set to the closed position prior to startup due to a slipped alignment of the choke-vane. Will explain...

Checking for problem: Remove the air filter and look into the throat of the carburator. The brass flap(choke plate), nearest the air filter side of the carbuator should be in the closed position. This allows more fuel to be drawn into the engine during start-up. Once the engine starts, the fly-wheel fan blows air against the choke vane (piece of plastic), that levers the choke into the open position, thus leaning the mixture.

If the choke plate is not in the closed position, gently press the vane arm (piece that runs along the top of the carburator and is responsible for positioning the choke plate), towards the engine. note: Press on the side of the vane furtherest away from where it comes into contact with the carburator. As you move it, so will the choke plate. Move it until the choke plate is in the closed position- that's it! note: To gain access, may have to remove the plastic engine cover (two screws on top cover) and the plastic piece located just above the air filter (one screw). Also, may have to remove the three 8mm bolts that secure the plastic piece around the mouth of the carbuator - I should have paid more attention. Fix can be made in less than 5 minutes, however.

Once I made this "re-adjustment" mower is back to doing everything perfectly - even starting on the first pull of the rope.

Good luck,

Mike

Only worked a few times after we got it...

We had heard that this was a really good lawn mower so we were excited to receive one as a hand-me-down when we moved into a house with a half acre lawn. We mowed our lawn twice with it and every time after that something would go wrong that we would need to fix. We took it into the shop to get looked at it and we were told it was fixed, but it always had problems starting after that. When it did work the self-propel didn't work very well and it was really heavy! The handle also vibrated a lot holding the propel lever down and hurt our hands to the point of blisters sometimes. My husband always had to start it since I wasn't strong enough, although I've started every other mower just fine! We finally went and bought another lawn mower because this one just didn't get the job done! It was very disappointing since the lawn mower was only a year old with light use when it was given to us... it should have lasted a lot longer than that and it was just a nuisance!

Nice Mower

from Lansing KS

About Me Do-It-Yourself

Pros

• Adjustable Cut-Lengths
  • Easy to Push & Steer
  • Lightweight

• Landscaping
    • Mulching
    • Small Lawns

Comments about Toro Recycler 22 inch 190cc 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower:

I've had this lawnmower for a few years, and I have to say it still works like a champ. I like that it's self propelled, and that it mulches. I have 2 huge trees in the front of my yard and 2 big trees in the back. Needless to say, I get a lot of leaves just from my trees; not to mention the neighbors leaves on a windy day. This mower has saved me from raking and bagging (the minimum) 50 bags worth of leaves during the fall/winter season. For the spring/summer I like the adjustments to keep a nice short lawn.

Good one

from Springfield PA

About Me Do-It-Yourself

Pros

• Adjustable Cut-Lengths

Cons

• Cuts Unevenly
    • Heavy

• Landscaping
    • Large Lawns
    • Small Lawns

Comments about Toro Recycler 22 inch 190cc 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower:

I mow my lawn sometimes and I really dislike starting it but i guess that goes for every lawn mower. The pull cord is very long and I'm a petite woman so I have to be in a horse stance to be able to start the engine. It cuts grass well but it's hard to maneuver. Straight lines are great! But I guess all this work is good for my biceps :) We had this for a few years and quite satisfied with it

Great for Mulching

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Toro Recycler 22 inch 190cc 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower:

I had a bag mower for years but then learned that leaving the leaves on my lawn is actually way better for it, especially during the winter months. It helps with water conservation and protects the dormant grass. That had me sold...less annoying bagging and less trash in the landfills.
    After taking a local city composting class, I invested in the Toro Recycler 22-inch 190cc 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower. I have never regretted my decision.
    This mower is easy to walk behind and has just the right amount of engine power without being a gas-guzzler.
    It mulches the leaves evenly and thoroughly.

Mulches the leaves to the perfect size to protect and nourish my lawn

Handling
    Easy to turn and maneuver even on my sloping yard.

No issues thus far

Safety
    Everything that is potentially dangerous is covered

Easy to use and maneuver

Engine Power
    Great! I actually prefer a walk-behind mower, but having a self-propelled is nice as well.

Durable and easy to use

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Toro Recycler 22 inch 190cc 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower:

This is probably one of the best mowers I've ever used. It is easy to maneuver and has a nice zip to it. You don't get tired pushing it around and rarely have to force it over anything. I like that it is gas powered because you don't have to worry about pesky cords and it is easy to tell how much "life" you have before you need to refill it. It gives the grass a nice even cut and does it with ease. It also doesn't leave clumps like some mowers do. I highly recommend it.

Fantastic overall performance. Cuts well.

Handling
    The handling is fantastic. Takes turns well, moves easily and is easy to push along.

This mower holds up extremely well.

Safety
    The dangerous parts are well covered and since it is easy to control, you feel safe using it. The only down side in regards to safety is the gas and that is more about the storage than the actual use.

This mower is extremely easy to get started and use. One of the easiest to push and use out there.

Engine Power
    For a smaller model, this packs a lot of power and really zips along.

Trojan Horse

Comments about Toro Recycler 22 inch 190cc 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower:

Highly recommended in Consumer Reports, we found it online. With simple assembly it has worked perfectly for many years. It turns the grass into fine mulch. It is easy to use, requires some 2 cycle oil to maintain. By shopping online it is easier to compare prices

• Engine Power:

Decent, gets a little heavy.

Comments about Toro Recycler 22 inch 190cc 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower:

This is a pretty good self-propelled lawn mower. It is a bit heavy, so if you have a large yard, it might be worth getting something smaller or a riding lawn mower. I love the bagger, but this also adds to the weight issue. However, it's worth it to just empty it more often to keep from having to rake all the cut grass off the lawn.

I think this mower performs fine. It has a large enough cutting radius to be really effective, and the settings for blade height are good too.

Handling
    Handling is pretty good. Because of the weight issue, it can be hard to get into and out of tight spaces easily.

I've had this mower for a few years and have never had any issues with it at all. It's worked well without any problems with fairly heavy use.

Safety
    The bag is easy to change without having to access the blade area at all, and the safety stops work well.

I find the bag to be easy to get off and then back on (this can be a huge problem with some mowers), and the mower starts easily enough.

Engine Power
    The engine power works fine for me. It doesn't have a problem propelling itself up a minor hill in my yard, although a steeper hill does require more pushing.

• Engine Power:

This is a wonderful lawn mover

Comments about Toro Recycler 22 inch 190cc 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower:

I just moved into a single-family home recently where I need to cut my own lawn. Because I had lived in a townhouse community before, I don't really have any experience with lawn-care techniques and using a lawn mover. The Toro Recycler 22 inch 190cc 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower was a great addition to my lawn-cutting machinery, and served me well. It's easy to use, and the instruction manual that it came with is particularly helpful.
    I have a rather small-frame, yet it the lawn mover is still versatile enough for me to maneuver around using very little energy. It cuts the grass on one go, which made me happy, because I didn't have to go over the lawn multiple times. It wasn't too loud either.
    The lawn mower was pretty easy to use and felt safe, and there were no moving parts that got dangerously close to me while I was cutting the lawn.

Overall, the performance is incredible and I highly recommend this to anyone who wants a lawn mower that is efficient and easy to use, even for someone who isn't used to regularly cutting lawns.

pretty good product

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Toro Recycler 22 inch 190cc 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower:

I have previously purchased and used this Toro Recycler 22 inch 190cc 3 in 1 Self Propelled Lawn Mower and found that I really did like this product. Being a female and all I have found a lot of lawn mowers that were really hard to maneuver but not this one. This Toro Lawn Mower worked wonderfully for me. First of all it is self propelled so I did not have to use a lot of pushing power. It kind of glided along really easily and smoothly. This lawn mower did a wonderful job cutting my grass and left it very evenly cut and not so low that it looked completely bare. I like using the bag because it makes it easier for me to dump the leaves and grass. This lawn mower also is very reasonably priced and lasted me a very long time. I can definitely say that I got my moneys worth with this product. I found it was pretty safe also to use. It runs on gas and it is very easy to start. I never have to fight to start it. I would recommend this product to all of my friends and family to try.

• Engine Power:

Only worked a few times after we got it...

Durable and Rugged

Comments about Toro Recycler 22 inch 190cc 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower:

I have had this self propelled mower for years now and have always trusted in the Toro brand. I used it to cut a 3/4 acre lot and it helped clear out weeds, unwanted bushes, and other non grass items as well. I only had a problem with the belt for the self propel feature slipping off. I would sometimes have to take it apart on the front to re-align the belt. Also the screws for the handle would come loose and eventually I had to zip tie the handle on with some Lock Tite. This is said after I put this mower to the test. I used it for many years and can say that no other push mowers have stood up to the durability of this one. I never had any problems with cranking this mower or keeping it running after I got it started. Even after getting left in the rain with some rust, it still was able to crank right up. I would recommend this mower to anyone looking for a simple mower with a minimal investment of money. It is worth the price, even with the little things that I mentioned to have had problems with.